2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

19 hours ago, Mjsmith2 said:

Is anyone else in the northeast having trouble finding a dealer that will put an order in with x-plan pricing? I’ve talked to 5 or 6 now and all have said they won’t do x-plan because they can hardly get trucks as it is. One dealer said they would but refused to give me anything in writing. Seemed like they were leaving themself an out if x-plan was still substantially under market value when the truck came in. It makes sense given they have limited allocations and don’t make much on x-plan deals compared to msrp but it makes me wonder how everyone else is getting their x-plan orders submitted. 

Dealers have the option to not accept AXZ Plan Pricing.  Seems silly, they get a guaranteed sale with very little money outlaid.  Cheap borrowing has led to higher prices in used vehicles, as dealers can sit on a car for months until they find that perfect sucker.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, road turtle said:

Dealers have the option to not accept AXZ Plan Pricing.  Seems silly, they get a guaranteed sale with very little money outlaid.  Cheap borrowing has led to higher prices in used vehicles, as dealers can sit on a car for months until they find that perfect sucker.  

The A/X/D Plan sales program has been addressed many, many times lately and doesn't need to be addressed yet again! Higher used vehicle prices is a reflection of the current inventory shortages for all vehicles. In addition, the rental companies are now buying used vehicles to re-stock their fleets because they can't acquire new vehicles. And in general, finance rates for used vehicles are much higher than for new vehicles. And Dealers don't like sitting on inventory, new or used, just waiting for a sucker.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

Someone posted on Ford Tremor forum, 2022 Super Duty delivery is 28-30 weeks until delivery. I am assuming this is 30 weeks from when order is Confirmed by Ford.

(69) 2022 order update | Ford Tremor Forum | Ford Super Duty

It's nothing but speculation until Ford provides an update on when they'll actually start scheduling 2022MY Super Duty orders and a possible revised Job #1 Date. 

• Like 1

Looking at Mr. Capades last Production Week Scheduling Information for next week I noticed a couple of things.

During the week of 5/17 (next week as I type) production was being scheduled for the week of 5/31 for all these products:

2021 Edge, Escape, Nautilus and Corsair and that's only 2 weeks out. So scheduling can be done in as little as 2 weeks.

2021 Brocos, Ecosports, Mustangs and Explorers 7/5 with F150s coming in 7/13. The more popular the product, the longer the lead.

There is no mention of 2021 F250. All that scheduling must be complete, then, Ford knows (or should!) the last day of production

2022 F250 scheduling is TBD, meaning we'll get to it soon but not this week

The proposed start of production for 2022 F250 is still June 24 as far as we know. Ford hasn't moved it. 

So I figure scheduling for the F250 can begin as late as week of 5/31 or even 6/7 and production can still start on 6/24 because scheduling can run 2 to 5 weeks normally. (or longer, of course)

And since we all are waiting on retail orders, which will be prioritized over stock and most fleet, with any luck and some supply chain improvements, week of July 6th might show some new trucks headed to us. It all depends on if the 6/24 start date holds. With scheduling complete you'd think they'd have moved it by now if they needed to. 

Brethren, be encouraged.

Edited by Radio
spelling
  • Like 6

Well said Radio! Happy to hear someone, like myself, with an optimistic outlook with the current situation. I agree with you on you’re breakdown of these timelines. We all know things can change and dates can get pushed, but I’m seriously doubting the doom and gloom 30 week order-delivery. 

ice capades- we all appreciate your updates on this fluid situation.

have a great weekend everyone!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Radio said:

Looking at Mr. Capades last Production Week Scheduling Information for next week I noticed a couple of things.

During the week of 5/17 (next week as I type) production was being scheduled for the week of 5/31 for all these products:

2021 Edge, Escape, Nautilus and Corsair and that's only 2 weeks out. So scheduling can be done in as little as 2 weeks.

2021 Brocos, Ecosports, Mustangs and Explorers 7/5 with F150s coming in 7/13. The more popular the product, the longer the lead.

There is no mention of 2021 F250. All that scheduling must be complete, then, Ford knows (or should!) the last day of production

2022 F250 scheduling is TBD, meaning we'll get to it soon but not this week

The proposed start of production for 2022 F250 is still June 24 as far as we know. Ford hasn't moved it. 

So I figure scheduling for the F250 can begin as late as week of 5/31 or even 6/7 and production can still start on 6/24 because scheduling can run 2 to 5 weeks normally. (or longer, of course)

And since we all are waiting on retail orders, which will be prioritized over stock and most fleet, with any luck and some supply chain improvements, week of July 6th might show some new trucks headed to us. It all depends on if the 6/24 start date holds. With scheduling complete you'd think they'd have moved it by now if they needed to. 

Brethren, be encouraged.

God bless you Radio! Great attitude. One thing I've learned in life is that things usually tend to work out just fine.?

• Like 2

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the updated production timetable for the 2021/2022MY F-Series Super Duty.

• 01/20/2021 - 2021MY Final Fleet Order Date
  • 03/18/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (KTP)
  • 03/18/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (OHAP)
  • 07/08/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (KTP)
  • 07/21/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (OHAP)

• 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  •       TBD         - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (KTP)
  •       TBD         - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (OHAP)
  • 07/09/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (KTP)
  • 07/22/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (OHAP)
  • Like 2

Well, bummer.

When I ordered on 4/7 my cheery, optimistic salesman said "End of July!" and I smiled and said "Labor Day". He may have meant build date but I was talking delivery. I made myself a promise not to worry unless it went past mid-September. Trying to stick to it.

Christmas is still another day closer. Remain encouraged, brethren.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Radio said:

Well, bummer.

When I ordered on 4/7 my cheery, optimistic salesman said "End of July!" and I smiled and said "Labor Day". He may have meant build date but I was talking delivery. I made myself a promise not to worry unless it went past mid-September. Trying to stick to it.

Christmas is still another day closer. Remain encouraged, brethren.  

I had a clause added to my order stating I could cancel and get a refund of my deposit if not delivered by October. I don't mind waiting, but I wanted an out, just in case the supply issue gets worse. I am going to sell my 2017 now since the KBB on it is so ridiculous. I don't want to take the chance of diesel prices starting to climb and the values dropping.

On 5/16/2021 at 3:52 PM, ice-capades said:

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the updated production timetable for the 2021/2022MY F-Series Super Duty.

• 01/20/2021 - 2021MY Final Fleet Order Date
  • 03/18/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (KTP)
  • 03/18/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (OHAP)
  • 07/08/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (KTP)
  • 07/21/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (OHAP)

• 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  •       TBD         - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (KTP)
  •       TBD         - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (OHAP)
  • 07/09/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (KTP)
  • 07/22/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (OHAP)

Ice-Capades, Is there any way to know where the truck is being built at or is it just the luck of the draw?

23 minutes ago, Stevens7.3 said:

Ice-Capades, Is there any way to know where the truck is being built at or is it just the luck of the draw?

The majority of the Super Duty production is done at the Kentucky Truck Plant (KTP). I'm not sure of the specific models built at OHAP but believe it's primarily F-600 & F-700 vehicles with some of the Chassis Cab models. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The majority of the Super Duty production is done at the Kentucky Truck Plant (KTP). I'm not sure of the specific models built at OHAP but believe it's primarily F-600 & F-700 vehicles with some of the Chassis Cab models. 

OHAP Current products: F-650/750 Medium Duty Trucks, F-350/450/550 Super Duty Chassis Cab, E-Series Cutaway, Stripped Chassis

KTP Current products: Ford F-250–F-550 Super Duty Trucks, Ford Expedition, Lincoln Navigator

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

1 hour ago, akirby said:

OHAP Current products: F-650/750 Medium Duty Trucks, F-350/450/550 Super Duty Chassis Cab, E-Series Cutaway, Stripped Chassis

KTP Current products: Ford F-250–F-550 Super Duty Trucks, Ford Expedition, Lincoln Navigator

Thank you both for the information!

I ordered a 2022 F450 XL on March 31st after finding out I could no longer order a 2021.  Based on comments made in various forums, this is how I'm estimating my delivery.  I traded my 2009 F450 as part of the deal, and didn't realize how long it would take.  Its a costly delay for me as I live in a 5th wheel and can't move it without a tow vehicle.  Because I can't easily move my 5th wheel I'm having to pay seasonal rates for lot rent.  This is OK for now but the rates go up quickly as summer ends, so I'm hoping the July 9th Job #1 date sticks.  One number in my estimate that is a pure guess is the production que, I used 5 weeks.  

(This is my guess, not Fords)

Order Date Mar-31
2022MY Job #1 Date (KTP)(Latest from Ford) Jul-9
Days to "OK to Buy" Date (I used 5 weeks) 35
OK To Buy Date - Start Retail Scheduling, VIN Aug-13
Production Que (This is my guess) 35
Projected Build Date Sep-17
Build days with bedliner 3
Shipping days 14
Dealer Processing days 3
Projected Delivery/Closing Date Oct-7

I think you were close on the dates until they started moving everything from the original time line which is what I was going off of when I sold my truck and ordered one 1 week earlier then you, I had a drop dead date of need as Sept.1st and now who knows. With the race tracks having 10"s of thousands of 2021 rigs that need chips I don't see how a company can start building/sending 2022 rigs out until the 2021's are all cleared, so my guess at this point would be maybe the first of the year. So I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Mink - My understanding is that completing the 2021s will be done at the dealers, not the factory.  Many are reportedly missing the antilock braking module, which should be easily replaceable at the dealer.  So I don't think the 2021s in parking lots are going to impact the production of 2022s.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, coolaqua said:

Mink - My understanding is that completing the 2021s will be done at the dealers, not the factory.  Many are reportedly missing the antilock braking module, which should be easily replaceable at the dealer.  So I don't think the 2021s in parking lots are going to impact the production of 2022s.

I sure hope your right, that could speed it up a bit.

If Mr. Capades could confirm or deny a rumor:

I read on another forum:  if a vehicle is an "A Plan" it automatically gets higher priority than other orders and is likely to be built first ahead of other orders. Is this true? Does "A Plan" get you ahead in the line? 

33 minutes ago, Radio said:

If Mr. Capades could confirm or deny a rumor:

I read on another forum:  if a vehicle is an "A Plan" it automatically gets higher priority than other orders and is likely to be built first ahead of other orders. Is this true? Does "A Plan" get you ahead in the line? 

in my experience that is a definite negative ghost rider...A plans or the like do NOT go to the front of the line...Ive had my own order ( D Plan ) in since Feb 1....it got bumped AGAIN to a build date of 6/7....

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deanh said:

in my experience that is a definite negative ghost rider...A plans or the like do NOT go to the front of the line...Ive had my own order ( D Plan ) in since Feb 1....it got bumped AGAIN to a build date of 6/7....

It may be meaningless anyway in todays circumstance. The whole line gets moved back, so being in the front of the line is somewhat irrelevant. 

35 minutes ago, road turtle said:

I feel your pain, I have a new 5th wheel that was projected to be delivered mid August.  I now hoping the F350 shows up in October, but that puts me in a bind to fetch the trailer.

I am the same situation. RV Jayco (2022 model) expected delivery in August but my 22 F-350 XLT 6.7 Tremor I am not expecting until October/November.  Definitely need to make alternative plans.