2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, Radio said:

If Mr. Capades could confirm or deny a rumor:

I read on another forum:  if a vehicle is an "A Plan" it automatically gets higher priority than other orders and is likely to be built first ahead of other orders. Is this true? Does "A Plan" get you ahead in the line? 

No. AXZD Plan orders are treated the same as any other retail order. 

Edited by ice-capades
typo
  • Like 1

Just ordered my 2022 F350 Tremor yesterday.  Of course the dealer said late August but I am hoping for mid October.  Only time will tell.  Wouldn’t surprise if if later. 

Edited by DOPEY

54 minutes ago, mrmallerd said:

Just curious as to know the % of customer orders vs dealer stock & Fleet orders?  

On average it's only about 5% customer orders, but I would imagine Super Duty would have a higher percentage due to all the options.   I would guess maybe 15% but that's just a guess.

I would assume the % would even be higher with the start of a model year.  With that being said, when 22 orders start being scheduled, can I assume these orders will be the first processed based on dealer allocation & the factory achieving "OK to Buy"

58 minutes ago, mrmallerd said:

I would assume the % would even be higher with the start of a model year.  With that being said, when 22 orders start being scheduled, can I assume these orders will be the first processed based on dealer allocation & the factory achieving "OK to Buy"

Yes, unless there are commodity issues.

50 minutes ago, akirby said:

I think it's reasonable to expect a price hike and lower or no incentives for the next 6-8 months.

Also if you’ve ordered a truck is the price already locked in or if there was a price increase would it be applied to existing orders? 

9 minutes ago, Stevens7.3 said:

Also if you’ve ordered a truck is the price already locked in or if there was a price increase would it be applied to existing orders? 

Retail orders are price protected at the price level in effect when the order was placed. 

• Like 1

RE: price increases and retail order scheduling.

The build-a-truck tool puts the MSRP for the MY2021 version of my truck at $53,860

When we built the truck at the dealer on April 7 the MY2022 version MSRP was $54,190 for a difference of $330

The truck is an XLT 2wd SC LB 7.3 3.55 elocker set up for 5th wheel towing. I didn't notice much of a difference in option prices.

Aside from some paint changes and taking away the tan interior option ? I noted no changes for the XL, STX or XLT trim levels.
The dealer has locked in the price of the truck, the value of my trade and all plan discounts I am entitled to. The deal is fixed at an agreed price.

Now just counting the days. I'm guessing Labor day. Should be among the first MY2022 built as it is a retail order fairly soon after the MY2022 order bank opened.

4 minutes ago, Radio said:

RE: price increases and retail order scheduling.

The build-a-truck tool puts the MSRP for the MY2021 version of my truck at $53,860

When we built the truck at the dealer on April 7 the MY2022 version MSRP was $54,190 for a difference of $330

The truck is an XLT 2wd SC LB 7.3 3.55 elocker set up for 5th wheel towing. I didn't notice much of a difference in option prices.

Aside from some paint changes and taking away the tan interior option ? I noted no changes for the XL, STX or XLT trim levels.
The dealer has locked in the price of the truck, the value of my trade and all plan discounts I am entitled to. The deal is fixed at an agreed price.

Now just counting the days. I'm guessing Labor day. Should be among the first MY2022 built as it is a retail order fairly soon after the MY2022 order bank opened.

Unless Ford makes an exception to the usual scheduling process because of the microchip induced production interruptions, Retail orders do not get scheduled until after the "Okay to Buy" status is achieved which requires 5 consecutive days of production with zero defects. 

4 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Unless Ford makes an exception to the usual scheduling process because of the microchip induced production interruptions, Retail orders do not get scheduled until after the "Okay to Buy" status is achieved which requires 5 consecutive days of production with zero defects. 

Always wondered what constitutes a "defect"?? Is a wire harness not plugged into the MAF sensor a defect, or is a defect so severe the unit cannot be salvaged?
Also wondered how long they usually take to get 5 days defect free. 2 weeks? Longer?

2 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

I heard Ford might or will be raising prices in June? Is there any truth to this?

Ford released updated Price Lists a couple of days ago, without advance notice to Dealers, but I haven't had a chance to look at what the pricing changes are. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Radio said:

Always wondered what constitutes a "defect"?? Is a wire harness not plugged into the MAF sensor a defect, or is a defect so severe the unit cannot be salvaged?
Also wondered how long they usually take to get 5 days defect free. 2 weeks? Longer?

Anything that has to be corrected.  All the pre ok to buy units get fixed and shipped out eventually.   Missing parts, misinstalled parts, etc. etc.

41 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

VIN numbers are assigned at the time the order is scheduled. Without a VIN number the order isn't scheduled. 

Thank you.  I appreciate it.  So I take it no one really know when scheduling will occur?

3 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Is there typically notice or do the new prices just post some day?

Back in March, I ordered an F450, and the new, higher-than-2021 prices were already in effect. If you go to Nada's website, all the 2022 pricing is already there. Of course, they could further increases prices. 

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Ford released updated Price Lists a couple of days ago, without advance notice to Dealers, but I haven't had a chance to look at what the pricing changes are. 

Thank you! Did those take affect immediately?

Edited by Robin Hood

16 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

Thank you! Did those take affect immediately?

Pricing changes take effect when published. However, as I posted, I don't know what changes were made as I haven't had time to make a comparison. The new Price Lists were released without advance notice to Dealers which I don't ever remember seeing before. 

On 5/19/2021 at 12:09 PM, DOPEY said:

Just ordered my 2022 F350 Tremor yesterday.  Of course the dealer said late August but I am hoping for mid October.  Only time will tell.  Wouldn’t surprise if if later. 

I also ordered an F350 Tremor in the Platinum package.  If your trim package is the same would you mind sharing the price?  And where you are located?  I paid $86,148 plus taxes.  It was "Invoice" plus $1,000.  I'm in the Atlanta, GA area.  MSRP on mine was $90,320.  I'm just curious to see how other dealers are pricing.