2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

16 hours ago, coolaqua said:

I talked to my salesman today on my 2022 F450XL order which I ordered April1 and was surprised to hear that my order has been pulled!  I got my VIN # and was assigned a production week of 7/19.  One of the reasons I was surprised was that my priority code was 19, and so far,  I had only heard of priority code 10 being scheduled.  Anyway, it looks like there actually is a light at the end of the tunnel!!  ?

Priority codes 10 through 19 are only for ranking orders from the same dealership. It makes no difference if somebody who ordered from a different dealership has a higher priority code (10-19) than you because there are other factors which determine which dealerships get allocation each week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ikre8kos4u said:

How do the priority codes play with scheduling? I have priority 15 for a MY22 F450. 

When a dealer gets allocation the order with the lowest priority gets built first (assuming it can be built).  Retail (sold) orders are supposed to be 10-19 with 20+ for dealer stock.  Orders with the same priority are usually scheduled by order date.

• Like 3

To my understanding, Ford will not accept an order from a dealer unless the dealer has allocation. So, a dealer may take an order, but then sit on it and not send it to Ford until they have allocation.

If you got a confirmation email from Ford, it's a good sign that the dealer had allocation, and your just waiting for Ford to schedule the order.

(I ordered from my dealer 4/19 and got a confirmation directly from Ford on 4/20 for the 22MY F-350 6.7 Tremor. My dealer said they had allocations for super duties).

Is this correct?

45 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

To my understanding, Ford will not accept an order from a dealer unless the dealer has allocation. So, a dealer may take an order, but then sit on it and not send it to Ford until they have allocation.

If you got a confirmation email from Ford, it's a good sign that the dealer had allocation, and your just waiting for Ford to schedule the order.

(I ordered from my dealer 4/19 and got a confirmation directly from Ford on 4/20 for the 22MY F-350 6.7 Tremor. My dealer said they had allocations for super duties).

Is this correct?

No! Sorry but your statements are totally incorrect and misleading to those like yourself that haven't bothered to read the available resources about the ordering, allocation and scheduling processes that have been in place for decades. 

I'm not going to go through all the details again for what seems like the thousandth time but submitting an order to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) has nothing to do with allocation or scheduling which are all separate matters but related at stages in the scheduling process. A Dealer that would hold back on submitting an order actually hurts themselves and the customer as the date an order is received is a factor in scheduling under certain conditions. And there are times when Ford will schedule a retail order without allocation. Unscheduled orders are subject to commodity/options in place for a week that a Dealer has allocation but there are times when Ford will make an exception to commodity restrictions in order to schedule a customer's retail order.

An order confirmation e-mail from Ford is no indication that allocation is available and has nothing to do with a Dealer's available scheduling allocation!

Priority codes for retail orders are an important tool for Dealers to prioritize the order in which orders are scheduled as allocation becomes available. The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system sets retail orders to the default "19" priority code but retail orders can use codes 10-19 with 10 being the most desirable, then 11, etc. In WBDO, a Dealer must manually change the "19" default priority code. When multiple orders have the same priority codes, the scheduling system treats all the orders the same and will schedule the order that most easily complies with the commodity restrictions in place for that week. The scheduling system is supposed to consider the oldest order first when there are multiple retail orders with the same priority code but a Dealer can't rely on the order date alone due to other factors involved in the process.      

Edited by ice-capades
typo
  • Like 3

No! Sorry but your statements are totally incorrect and misleading to those like you that haven't bothered to read the available resources about the ordering, allocation and scheduling processes that have been in place for decades. 

Ice-capades,

Is there any way you would paste some of those links from Blue Oval that cover in more detail the processes above that you feel explain it well?

Ordering

allocation

scheduling

10 minutes ago, mink said:

No! Sorry but your statements are totally incorrect and misleading to those like you that haven't bothered to read the available resources about the ordering, allocation and scheduling processes that have been in place for decades. 

Ice-capades,

Is there any way you would paste some of those links from Blue Oval that cover in more detail the processes above that you feel explain it well?

Ordering

allocation

scheduling

I'm not going to even bother commenting... here's the link.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63667-ford-vehicle-ordering-scheduling-process/

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, road turtle said:

IC,

Ford Marketing number had no information on how my order priority got moved to 21.  Dealer feigned confusion too, but said they moved it back to 11

Something's not right. A priority code can't change from 11 to 21 without changing the order type. Retail priority codes are 10-19, stock orders 20-80 and changing the order type would also change the order date.  

20 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Something's not right. A priority code can't change from 11 to 21 without changing the order type. Retail priority codes are 10-19, stock orders 20-80 and changing the order type would also change the order date.  

that's what I was thinking, something isn't right.  I'll look at it tomorrow and see what it's now showing.

15 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Confirmed that somehow it got listed as a dealer stock order, with priority code of 21. 

15 minutes ago, road turtle said:

Confirmed that somehow it got listed as a dealer stock order, with priority code of 21. 

I'd suggest you get a current copy of your order so that you can confirm that the order type, priority code and specifications are correct.

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster.  I ordered a 2016 F350 back in 2015 and took delivery, I believe around 8-10 weeks?  Last month I ordered a new 2022 F550 CC and was told 10-16 weeks because of the chip shortage.  Since ordering the truck I've been looking around the web for more details on when I should expect to see it and am getting very concerned about the dealers timeline. BlueOvalNews is a wealth of information and from what I'm seeing just on this thread in the last week, customers who ordered in March as soon as they possibly could are starting to receive build dates in July. Ice has indicated production begins in July so these build dates correlate well with the order date in relation to when orders opened for MY22.

Now I"m trying to figure out what a potential build could be for my order placed on a MY22 in late May. Two additional months? less? more? Any thoughts on this?  I know everyone has a story and needs their truck, I'm not claiming to be special... I just need to make arrangements as soon as possible for multiple complications regardless of when delivery is made. Not even having an idea is preventing me from getting on all the other waiting lists I need to be on.

Thanks for any educated guesses anyone can offer

~S

Edited by ssybert

I'm in the same boat with an F-350 ordered on May 3rd and don't have an answer for you. Having said that, I think we're at the mercy of a chip production rate that probably varies from week to week/month to month. If the rate of chip production and distribution were constant (never changing), and there wasn't a backlog of trucks on the lot waiting for chips, then I think we could somewhat predict a delivery month.

If anyone with inside knowledge could update the forum weekly with build date to delivery date timelines that would be very helpful to those of us that need to plan or prepare for delivery.

Thanks in advance

LOT of communication with dealer today.

Somebody at Ford told the GM at the dealer they are not scheduling retail orders, which ties exactly what IC has stated.  They on their own accord, changed my retail order to stock order to "help me out", which reset the date AND pricing, from 3/15 to 5/24.  I caught the change on 6/4, and they moved it back to retail on 6/5, AGAIN resetting the order date and pricing.  In general they have been a good dealer, and even with me being screwed over on timing, inclined to leave the order alone.  Salesman has confirmed paint code is still the anti matter blue, but nobody can explain how red paint code showed up as one of changes.

This was ordered to be able to pull a new 5th wheel on order.  I was expecting the 5th wheel mid to late Sept.  I'm baffled, that now that delivery is looking to be early August now.  So, I'll have a 5th wheel that I have to go pay for (10 hr drive), and won't be able to bring it home :(

44 minutes ago, road turtle said:

Somebody at Ford told the GM at the dealer they are not scheduling retail orders, which ties exactly what IC has stated.  They on their own accord, changed my retail order to stock order to "help me out", which reset the date AND pricing, from 3/15 to 5/24.  I caught the change on 6/4, and they moved it back to retail on 6/5, AGAIN resetting the order date and pricing.  In general they have been a good dealer, and even with me being screwed over on timing, inclined to leave the order alone.  Salesman has confirmed paint code is still the anti matter blue, but nobody can explain how red paint code showed up as one of changes.

This was ordered to be able to pull a new 5th wheel on order.  I was expecting the 5th wheel mid to late Sept.  I'm baffled, that now that delivery is looking to be early August now.  So, I'll have a 5th wheel that I have to go pay for (10 hr drive), and won't be able to bring it home :(

Correction. Retail 2022 Super Duty orders starting scheduling last week as I posted in the Ford Scheduling Notes last week and again this Monday. Your Dealer doesn't know what they're talking about and screwing up your order by changing the order type and specifications which is costing you lost time in getting your order scheduled and costing you money by costing you the recent price increase. Unless you see the current order specifications and can confirm that they're correct, the truck that arrives may not be the truck you ordered. As I told you, don't put any value on messages from the sales representative. Deal directly with management, hold them accountable and get confirmation of the vehicle specifications in writing. 

22MY Super Duty Startup Scheduling - Retail 22MY Super Duty orders began scheduling on June 3.  Until the Okay to Buy has been achieved, orders will not ship.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

40 minutes ago, road turtle said:

Yep... Similar situation with a 5 week trip planned at the end of December, an F350 I need to turn in on trade when my '22 is delivered and a scheduling crisis with UtilityBodyWerks on a hauler bed I need for December.  Currently I"m booked for a January install at UBW, which would be fine if my truck came in January.  There is a chance they can pull me in if they have cancellations but I cannot commit to anything without even a glimmer of hope as to when the new rig will arrive. If it arrives earlier than my trip and UBW cannot get me in, I'll be forced to look for a used flat bed with 5th wheel to put in for the trip south and deal with the hauler bed when I get back beginning of February. 

All of these delays and moving parts are making my head hurt.

Not to get off topic but I had mice destroy my canopies in my pontoon boat last winter.  Every single canvas cutter is booking out 10+ weeks.  That's the whole summer.  No one wants to work and when people do, the supply chain is so screwed up there's nothing to work on.

I’ve been following all of the great information on these threads for a long time and finally have a reason to join the discussion.

I ordered a 22 f-250 on 4/10 and paid a $1k deposit.  I called my dealer multiple times asking for an order confirmation and kept getting a “we’ll send it over” response.  Per Ice-Capades wisdom I even told them they had to enter my email in the order form to so I could get a confirmation from Ford.  They never did send me my order form or enter my email.  Finally found out on Friday that they never put my order in.  When I spoke to my salesman and told him Ford had not record of my order he tried to play it off like they just had not picked it up yet and said Ford still was not scheduling orders.  Thanks to I-C I was able to let him know that Ford starting scheduling orders the day before and they just royally F’d up. 

They put my order in on 6/4 with a priority code of 19.  They keep claiming they can’t change it even though I have told them they can manually change it to 10.  The sales manager said he has to have his regional rep change it for him. On Friday he told me that the rep said all of their orders would be fulfilled at the same time so it doesn’t matter.  They are one of the largest volume SD dealers in north Texas so there may be some validity to that?  Either way, I am still pushing for a better priority code since there are 2 months of retail orders in front of me now.

The sales manager also said the Ford rep was telling him that Ford is working on prioritizing retail orders over dealer stock orders and holding chips for the 2022s.  He mentioned something about a CNI program that Ford was rolling out but did not seem to know what it was other than it was geared towards to fulfilling retail orders.

Most of this sounds like BS from the dealer to try to convince me that they didn’t really screw up that bad.

Unfortunately I think I’m stuck working with this dealer for duration since I now have a confirmed order and they will hopefully have a good amount of allocation.  

My question is there any truth to what they are saying regarding my order date and their allocation and the Ford Rep’s information?

11 minutes ago, HTDIST said:

I’ve been following all of the great information on these threads for a long time and finally have a reason to join the discussion.

I ordered a 22 f-250 on 4/10 and paid a $1k deposit.  I called my dealer multiple times asking for an order confirmation and kept getting a “we’ll send it over” response.  Per Ice-Capades wisdom I even told them they had to enter my email in the order form to so I could get a confirmation from Ford.  They never did send me my order form or enter my email.  Finally found out on Friday that they never put my order in.  When I spoke to my salesman and told him Ford had not record of my order he tried to play it off like they just had not picked it up yet and said Ford still was not scheduling orders.  Thanks to I-C I was able to let him know that Ford starting scheduling orders the day before and they just royally F’d up. 

They put my order in on 6/4 with a priority code of 19.  They keep claiming they can’t change it even though I have told them they can manually change it to 10.  The sales manager said he has to have his regional rep change it for him. On Friday he told me that the rep said all of their orders would be fulfilled at the same time so it doesn’t matter.  They are one of the largest volume SD dealers in north Texas so there may be some validity to that?  Either way, I am still pushing for a better priority code since there are 2 months of retail orders in front of me now.

The sales manager also said the Ford rep was telling him that Ford is working on prioritizing retail orders over dealer stock orders and holding chips for the 2022s.  He mentioned something about a CNI program that Ford was rolling out but did not seem to know what it was other than it was geared towards to fulfilling retail orders.

Most of this sounds like BS from the dealer to try to convince me that they didn’t really screw up that bad.

Unfortunately I think I’m stuck working with this dealer for duration since I now have a confirmed order and they will hopefully have a good amount of allocation.  

My question is there any truth to what they are saying regarding my order date and their allocation and the Ford Rep’s information?

Anyone that knows me well would understand how annoyed I get hearing one story after another of a dealership's unprofessional, misleading and unethical business practices. I've spent hours and hours trying to assist another BOF member with a 2022 Super Duty order and now I read this. 

This Dealer is giving you one line of BS after another. Words cannot describe my opinion of their customer treatment. Do they just not know what they're doing? Is it complete incompetence? Is it them just telling you what they think you want to hear? Is it your Dealer making up answers to cloud the fact that they've cost you important time and money? It's all of the above and more! Refusing to give you a copy of the order, not submitting your order to Ford and losing two months time, costing you money because now your order is subject to the price increase effective June 1st, etc. is just unacceptable. 

What a way to start a business relationship with a customer! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Anyone that knows me well would understand how annoyed I get hearing one story after another of a dealership's unprofessional, misleading and unethical business practices. I've spent hours and hours trying to assist another BOF member with a 2022 Super Duty order and now I read this. 

This Dealer is giving you one line of BS after another. Words cannot describe my opinion of their customer treatment. Do they just not know what they're doing? Is it complete incompetence? Is it them just telling you what they think you want to hear? Is it your Dealer making up answers to cloud the fact that they've cost you important time and money? It's all of the above and more! Refusing to give you a copy of the order, not submitting your order to Ford and losing two months time, costing you money because now your order is subject to the price increase effective June 1st, etc. is just unacceptable. 

What a way to start a business relationship with a customer! 

We’ll that’s not very encouraging.
Any suggestions on what I can do from here? Can I run this up the chain to Ford and complain? all I have is the mangers word that he’s trying to help me. 

15 minutes ago, mink said:

I'm just thankful I found Blue Oval and the people here like ice-capades giving up there time to help us guy's that don't know the process and are willing to share the info.

Amen to that! I have learned a ton of information from ice on this forum. Thanks for all your help.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HTDIST said:

When I read your post I was thinking how ice-capades was going to blow a gasket over this kind of BS. That kind of dealer is what gives Then the reputation of a shyster. IC knows his business and does it the right way. 

• Like 2