2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

My apologies in advance if this has already been covered…

Short story I ordered a 22 f250 from my local dealer (small Ford dealer in AZ). I dealt with a newer sales guy at the time I ordered. Since some people were getting scheduled dates last Thursday I gave him a call to check on mine. No order yet, still sitting there. I’m not in panic mode, missed the first round of scheduling, no big deal.

Here is my concern… I asked him if they had the proper amount of allocations to get my order filled and his response was that retail orders do not need allocation, only dealer stock orders. He said he verified this with the sales manager. Is this correct? Any help is appreciated! 

7 minutes ago, pmbaseball24 said:

Short story I ordered a 22 f250 from my local dealer (small Ford dealer in AZ). I dealt with a newer sales guy at the time I ordered. Since some people were getting scheduled dates last Thursday I gave him a call to check on mine. No order yet, still sitting there. I’m not in panic mode, missed the first round of scheduling, no big deal.

Here is my concern… I asked him if they had the proper amount of allocations to get my order filled and his response was that retail orders do not need allocation, only dealer stock orders. He said he verified this with the sales manager. Is this correct? Any help is appreciated! 

Sir are you saying that they never ordered your truck?

I'm dealing with 2 local dealers that accepted a build from Fords site, told them I want to order a 22. One dealer said I have to wait until the 22's are on Ford.com. I've got nothing official, no order confirmation, hell they can hardly reply to emails!  Guess I should start blowing up their phones.

Edited by torino420

23 minutes ago, mink said:

Sir are you saying that they never ordered your truck?

I should have clarified… I gave them a deposit the day of ordering and Ford marketing has verified they see the order in the system. 

Its more of an allocation question than anything. Do retail orders and dealer stock orders pull from the same allocation that a dealer has available? Or are retail “custom” orders somehow exempt? 

I have a sinking feeling they are lying about their allocation possibly because they are such a small dealer? Smaller volume may mean less super duty allocation? Just speculation.

microchip shortages and delays, I can deal with all day long. Lying and possibly getting a run around from my dealer, not so much. 

Edited by pmbaseball24
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, torino420 said:

I'm dealing with 2 local dealers that accepted a build from Fords site, told them I want to order a 22. One dealer said I have to wait until the 22's are on Ford.com. I've got nothing official, no order confirmation, hell they can hardly reply to emails!  Guess I should start blowing up their phones.

Find a dealer that wants to sell a truck, lots of us have 2022's ordered and vin# and build week dates. You should get an email confirmation from ford when your order is submitted, within a day or so.

22 minutes ago, pmbaseball24 said:

I should have clarified… I gave them a deposit the day of ordering and Ford marketing has verified they see the order in the system. 

Its more of an allocation question than anything. Do retail orders and dealer stock orders pull from the same allocation that a dealer has available? Or are retail “custom” orders somehow exempt? 

I have a sinking feeling they are lying about their allocation possibly because they are such a small dealer? Smaller volume may mean less super duty allocation? Just speculation.

microchip shortages and delays, I can deal with all day long. Lying and possibly getting a run around from my dealer, not so much. 

This is a good read,  

10 hours ago, pmbaseball24 said:

See https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63667-ford-vehicle-ordering-scheduling-process/&page=10&tab=comments#comment-1135001 for the new scheduling process for verified retail orders that will be scheduled above allocation. Ford's done this in the past for certain vehicles but is now implementing it on almost all models to expedite retail order scheduling. This is the way retail orders should have always been handled!

This process also helps eliminate a problem with some dealerships manipulating the system with phony retail orders. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, torino420 said:

Dealers could start submitting orders of all types as soon as the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opened. Vehicle ordering and scheduling has nothing to do with what Ford displays at the Ford.com site. Ford started scheduling 2022 Super Duty retail orders on Thursday, June 3rd. 

Find another Dealer!

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 2:01 PM, Chris E said:

Looks like we ordered the same truck.

Looks like I'm getting closer to my replacement being built.  Dealer says mid August maybe.

Vehicle Details

Ordered On 3/19/2021
Order Number ####
VIN 1FT8W3BT6NEC07626
Estimated Dealer Delivery N/A
Edited by Kyoshea
typo
  • Like 1

So I think I am correct but my dealership told me today that they signed me up retail order. I was a stock order before because they said that they were going to be filled first. Then he said that they changed it this year and retail orders are first to ship. So I placed the order like late March but not with my order changing to retail like two days ago. Im assuming that the past three months have been a waste as I started over with the retail order. 

10 minutes ago, bryanjones said:

So I think I am correct but my dealership told me today that they signed me up retail order. I was a stock order before because they said that they were going to be filled first. Then he said that they changed it this year and retail orders are first to ship. So I placed the order like late March but not with my order changing to retail like two days ago. Im assuming that the past three months have been a waste as I started over with the retail order. 

Changing the order type from stock to retail is the same as putting in a new order because when you change the order type it changes the order date to the date the change was made. No vehicles, stock or retail, ship until after the "Okay to Buy" status is achieved after 5 consecutive days of production with zero defects.  

12 minutes ago, bryanjones said:

That’s what I was thinking. Is he correct that this year is different that retail orders go in front of stock and stock used to ship before retail?  Or is was that just incorrect information?

Im going to explain this one more time.

They start out building dealer stock but all those are inspected and held until ok to buy is reached after 5 consecutive error free days.  At that point new vehicles ship directly off the line and retail orders are built.  At that point within a dealership’s allocation retail units get built before stock units.  Now they go back and fix all of the initial vehicles and ship them one by one.  Might take a week, might take 3 months.

Bronco might be different because there is no dealer stock.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bryanjones said:

That’s what I was thinking. Is he correct that this year is different that retail orders go in front of stock and stock used to ship before retail?  Or is was that just incorrect information?

The standard process is that only stock orders are scheduled until the "Okay to Buy" status is achieved and then retail orders start scheduling. Scheduling retail 2022 Super Duty orders early is an exception and not a policy change. Producing stock orders only until the "Okay to Buy" allows the company to make sure that the vehicle quality is at the highest level prior to building retail orders. The early scheduling for retail Super Duty orders is most likely due to the 2022MY Super Duty being mostly carryover with minor changes and possibly a reflection of the current market situation and plant schedules... and an effort to get retail orders to customers without prolonged delays.   

Quick question to get actual facts.

A few guys on Tremor Board are stating dealers are now required to submit a copy of customers drivers license to confirm actual retail sale before June 14th otherwise their order will be canceled after this date.

Any truth to this? 

My dealer call me yesterday to text them a copy of my Driver's license. I asked them why now and they said the Ford was requiring proof on all retail orders to prevent dealers just calling the retail to get stock faster.  The salesman said she requested 10 other customers for their DL. Seems reasonable. 

Thank you, good to know.

I sent my dealer Jorgensen’s Ford in Ritchfield, UT my drivers license and told them I heard they may need it. They gladly took my license so that’s why I wanted to get confirmation and share facts so others would know just in case.

Edited by Whiskey-Tango
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, breed1 said:

My dealer call me yesterday to text them a copy of my Driver's license. I asked them why now and they said the Ford was requiring proof on all retail orders to prevent dealers just calling the retail to get stock faster.  The salesman said she requested 10 other customers for their DL. Seems reasonable. 

The Dealer is required to have a copy of the customer's Driver's License and a signed buyers order showing the customer name, order number and eligible order date and upload the documentation to Ford in order to enroll the retail order into the Customer Order Verification Program (COVP). The information cannot be provided by a phone call to Ford. 

2021 FORD CUSTOMER ORDER VERIFICATION FOR PRIORITY SCHEDULING AND ALLOCATION

WHAT IS HAPPENING
• The Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) will be opening to all unscheduled orders on all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units)
 Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation

SUMMARY
Dealers will be able to utilize the existing COVP website on https://cni.dealerconnection.com to register retail orders for all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units). Verified orders will receive priority scheduling and will receive incremental allocation. Vehicles that are not verified will still be scheduled but will scheduled within the dealer’s earned allocation.
Note that while this program utilizes the same process as the Retail Order Incentive, only previously communicated vehicle lines are eligible for the incentive. Please check SmartVINCENT for incentive eligibility.

ELIGIBLE VEHICLE LINES
All vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units) are eligible for verification and incremental allocation through the COVP process.
• Mustang (Non GT500 or Mach 1)
• EcoSport
• Escape
• Edge
• Bronco Sport
• Explorer
• Expedition
• Transit
• Transit Connect
• Ranger
• F150
• Super Duty

COVP PROCESS
• Customer places eligible retail order through their local dealership
• Dealership will enter retail order into COVP website located at https://cni.dealerconnecction.com 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Whiskey-Tango said:

Thank you, good to know.

I sent my dealer Jorgensen’s Ford in Ritchfield, UT my drivers license and told them I heard they may need it. They hadn’t heard of the requirement but gladly took my license so that’s why I wanted to get confirmation and share facts so others would know just in case.

Another example of a Dealer not knowing what they're doing! Per my post above... The announcement about the expanded Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) was displayed in the Message Center on the home page at the FMCDealer.com portal on Wednesday. 

Some dealers are just don’t care. I work for a dealer and I know more, and I’m just a tech not a sales man. I ordered a truck 3/15 and week later asked if I can add sun roof. They said fine, so it gets scheduled I ask if they added it and they said oh I forgot but you don’t really need that. I told them to make sure they add it I was told it couldn’t any more. Next thing Is I wanted to be put onto email list for the superduty so I can get updated they had no clue what that was. If I didn’t work for the dealer I would of been to another already. 

• Like 2

I can also confirm this new requirement. I just provided my dealer with a copy of my driver's license and a signed buyers order today, per his request.

Edited by Tncdrew

10 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Another example of a Dealer not knowing what they're doing! Per my post above... The announcement about the expanded Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) was displayed in the Message Center on the home page at the FMCDealer.com portal on Wednesday. 

Thanks Ice!

I want to clarify my post above, my dealer Jorgensen’s is awesome and felt I needed set the record straight after rereading my post.

My quick post made it sound like they don’t know what’s going on and that definitely is not the case.

They are a large dealer who also carry all of the powersports & automotive OEM products.

In fact, I feel they are one of the best at what they do and that is the main reason why I ordered my Superduty and many, many other products from them.

Jorgensen’s goes above & beyond, they bring you into their family with welcome arms.

I highly recommend them to anyone looking for the best customer service they have ever experienced. I am a customer for life.

Same as CMK, I was being proactive by offering my lic. after reading various posts about this subject.

I edited my post above to reflect my positive experience with them, I really do think highly of them. Thank you

Edited by Whiskey-Tango
  • Like 1