2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I've looked through this forum as well as others and haven't really found a solid answer.  I went to the dealer and placed an order for my new 2022 F350 and paid the deposit.  At the time they took a copy of my DL, my email address, and had me sign the preview order with all the options.  This was a week ago and I still haven't received any type of email confirmation of my order.  I called the Ford customer service 800 number and they confirmed that my order was in the system but it had not been scheduled.  My question is should I have received an email confirming my order, I see many people received an email the day of ordering or a couple days later.  Thanks in advance

Current Truck 2011 Ford F250 6.7 CC Lariat

Ordered Truck 2022 Ford F350 6.7 CC King Ranch

19 minutes ago, rlatronico said:

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I've looked through this forum as well as others and haven't really found a solid answer.  I went to the dealer and placed an order for my new 2022 F350 and paid the deposit.  At the time they took a copy of my DL, my email address, and had me sign the preview order with all the options.  This was a week ago and I still haven't received any type of email confirmation of my order.  I called the Ford customer service 800 number and they confirmed that my order was in the system but it had not been scheduled.  My question is should I have received an email confirming my order, I see many people received an email the day of ordering or a couple days later.  Thanks in advance

Current Truck 2011 Ford F250 6.7 CC Lariat

Ordered Truck 2022 Ford F350 6.7 CC King Ranch

I wouldn't worry.  That email is useless anyway.  Has no real information in it.   As long as you called and they see it in the system you're good to go.   You may want to check your SPAM FOLDER.   The email comes from FORD MOTOR COMPANY.  Thats what mine had in the FROM field. 

Thank you, I wasn't worried about the order since it was verified.  However, I do want to make sure that they have my email address so I can get updates on the order without calling anybody.  I do appreciate the response and yes I did check spam as well.

8 minutes ago, rlatronico said:

Thank you, I wasn't worried about the order since it was verified.  However, I do want to make sure that they have my email address so I can get updates on the order without calling anybody.  I do appreciate the response and yes I did check spam as well.

I think you'll want to get back with your dealer/sales person to add your email otherwise you won't receive the updates

10 minutes ago, Stevens7.3 said:

I think you'll want to get back with your dealer/sales person to add your email otherwise you won't receive the updates

I was told specifically this from my sales person.  They asked and added it to the order.  Received the confirmation of the order a few minutes after it was entered into the ford system

• Like 1

Well after much discussions and convincing, I finally got my dealer to insert my email address on my order and low an behold I got the confirmation email from Ford almost instantaneously. Not yet scheduled, but it is a good confirmed early order. Some of the dealers are just stuck in habits that need to be broken and conform to technology by filling out all the pertinent customer data in the ordering systems.

• Like 3

I will add, those that got initial “confirmation emails” and got scheduled the last couple of weeks have not received another email, it’s only from calling Ford to find out or their dealer is on top of things and notified them. Seems to be a big lag on Fords part updating the “process” 

So I went to a Ford dealer Saturday to order my 2022 F-250.  When he printed the preview order it showed NA for x-plan (and other "plan") pricing and only showed MSRP.  That had me a little unsettled as I qualify for x-plan.  He told me that the plan pricing isn't shown until they sent the order to an inventory management company they use who actually enters the order.  Sounded suspicious to me, but I left them my trade-in (they gave me $1000 more than I paid for it), gave them a $1k deposit and left.  They did copy my DL and took my email address.  Monday they sent me the order preview that did show the invoice and x-plan pricing, but I still didn't have anything showing the trade and other details.  I've attached what I've been given.  Does this mean the order is actually in with Ford?

0012 - W2B - Redacted.pdf

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Inventory management company?  That’s a new one on me.  

You should have a buyer’s order that shows the entire transaction including trade in and the vehicle price or reference to using X plan pricing.

I'd never heard of it either, but I've never ordered a new truck before.  I did finally get a buyer's order that shows everything - including X plan pricing, but not until I raised a stink.  I saw an email from the "inventory management" company to my dealer saying "I believe today is the last day to place orders via the Customer Order Verification Program (COVP).  I know there was previously an issue with Super Duty but I think it has been resolved."  Any idea what that means?

I heard some dealers were placing orders in people's names (unknown to the customers) in order to get retail deliveries which come in before regular dealer orders that's why customers need to sign the order form and provide copy of DL now. 

I ordered my F 250 Lariat 4x4 on 5/24 . Received confirmation Email 5/25. The truck is  scheduled  7/26  build week . Talked to my dealer a couple times since order was placed he never mentioned DL.  One would think Ford would implement a universal dealer wide protocol for all orders.

"The Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) applies to new unscheduled retail orders placed after June 8th". 

1 hour ago, bahaboyga said:

I ordered my F 250 Lariat 4x4 on 5/24 . Received confirmation Email 5/25. The truck is  scheduled  7/26  build week . Talked to my dealer a couple times since order was placed he never mentioned DL.  One would think Ford would implement a universal dealer wide protocol for all orders.

"The Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) applies to new unscheduled retail orders placed after June 8th". 

Exactly which is why I found it odd they are just messaging me now to fill out that form.  My order was placed in MAY. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JC3837 said:

Yes, you would think it would be a dealer wide protocol. When I ordered my F350 Tremor on 6/07, they took a copy of my DL and I had to sign the order form. I'm still waiting for my build week. 

I ordered a rather basic 2wd XLT on 7 April and I am still waiting for a VIN and build date. Starting to feel like I'm back in Jr. High Phys Ed, waiting to be the last one chosen for what ever team sport we were doing that day. 

13 hours ago, todd270 said:

So I went to a Ford dealer Saturday to order my 2022 F-250.  When he printed the preview order it showed NA for x-plan (and other "plan") pricing and only showed MSRP.  That had me a little unsettled as I qualify for x-plan.  He told me that the plan pricing isn't shown until they sent the order to an inventory management company they use who actually enters the order.  Sounded suspicious to me, but I left them my trade-in (they gave me $1000 more than I paid for it), gave them a $1k deposit and left.  They did copy my DL and took my email address.  Monday they sent me the order preview that did show the invoice and x-plan pricing, but I still didn't have anything showing the trade and other details.  I've attached what I've been given.  Does this mean the order is actually in with Ford?

0012 - W2B - Redacted.pdf

Thats about the same as i got. Its purely a build order for Ford, not an invoice. I didnt leave them my trade in though.  Any Discounts or Special rate plans will be applied at delivery. 

• Like 1