2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 5/20/2021 at 10:20 PM, Matthew3c said:

I also ordered an F350 Tremor in the Platinum package.  If your trim package is the same would you mind sharing the price?  And where you are located?  I paid $86,148 plus taxes.  It was "Invoice" plus $1,000.  I'm in the Atlanta, GA area.  MSRP on mine was $90,320.  I'm just curious to see how other dealers are pricing.

What dealer? I am in the Atlanta area looking for a dealer to order with. Most are not willing to go under MSRP.

Edited by heavyd

15 minutes ago, ThatTruckGuy said:

I called in to Ford and gave them my order number and dealer sales code and they said they see the order, but no VIN assigned yet - check back in 1-2 weeks.

I hope you get vin and scheduled next week, but remember there are a lot of orders ahead of you as far as dates go, but I have noticed that order dates don't have a lot to do with when you get scheduled looking through the forums.

1 hour ago, mink said:

I hope you get vin and scheduled next week, but remember there are a lot of orders ahead of you as far as dates go, but I have noticed that order dates don't have a lot to do with when you get scheduled looking through the forums.

I believe it has a lot to do with whether your dealer is getting the allocations or not.  I'm sure higher volume dealers get more allocations.  I went to a smaller dealer and expect that to affect when mine gets scheduled.

Ford has made an exception to the norm, no allocation needed on retail orders for all dealers for now, they want to get vehicles to people who want them and not sitting on dealer lots. That's why the ID is required for orders now.

10 minutes ago, mink said:

Ford has made an exception to the norm, no allocation needed on retail orders for all dealers for now, they want to get vehicles to people who want them and not sitting on dealer lots. That's why the ID is required for orders now.

I know the retail orders are being prioritized over stock orders, but are you sure about no allocations?  That would make the priority number obsolete since that prioritizes internal orders at a specific dealer.  There have been several people that have reported ordering their truck and don't have a VIN or build date, where others that ordered later do have VIN's and build dates?  Who knows, probably changes daily. 

Ron

Current 2011 F250 CC Lariat 6.7

Future 2022 F350 CC King Ranch 6.7 (ordered 6/9/2021, No VIN or Build date)

1 hour ago, rlatronico said:

I know the retail orders are being prioritized over stock orders, but are you sure about no allocations?  That would make the priority number obsolete since that prioritizes internal orders at a specific dealer.  There have been several people that have reported ordering their truck and don't have a VIN or build date, where others that ordered later do have VIN's and build dates?  Who knows, probably changes daily. 

Ron

Current 2011 F250 CC Lariat 6.7

Future 2022 F350 CC King Ranch 6.7 (ordered 6/9/2021, No VIN or Build date)

There is still a limit as to how many can be built each week so priority helps get it quicker.  But you won’t get stuck waiting on a dealer with no allocation.

My priority code is #14. I ordered a fairly basic 2WD XLT super duty on 7 April. There were 2 trucks ahead of me. Since MY2022 scheduling began 6/3 only one of the trucks ahead of me has been scheduled. Dealer says they were surprised last 2 weeks (6/10 and 6/17) when no trucks were scheduled even though they have allocation.

Further I understand from reading here allocations have been lifted/expanded for all retail orders.

And I also see trucks much more feature rich than mine, ordered 6 weeks later, are getting scheduled and VINs

I can only scratch my head and wonder in frustration what's up with that?

Edited by Radio
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Radio said:

My priority code is #14. I ordered a fairly basic 2WD XLT super duty on 7 April. There were 2 trucks ahead of me. Since MY2022 scheduling began 6/3 only one of the trucks ahead of me has been scheduled. Dealer says they were surprised last 2 weeks (6/10 and 6/17) when no trucks were scheduled even though they have allocation.

Further I understand from reading here allocations have been lifted/expanded for all retail orders.

And I also see trucks much more feature rich than mine, ordered 6 weeks later, are getting scheduled and VINs

I can only scratch my head and wonder in frustration what's up with that?

I did read somewhere that the higher priced/profit rigs might be getting priority. Don't know if there's any truth to it. (3Q profits) 

1 hour ago, mink said:

I did read somewhere that the higher priced/profit rigs might be getting priority. Don't know if there's any truth to it. (3Q profits) 

F350 platinum cclb 6.7, every option but adaptive steering, still not scheduled despite end of March order and priority 10 at a high volume dealer.  Any thoughts that color may impact scheduling?  I went atlas blue which is a new color?  Any atlas blue trucks scheduled yet?

TraderLeric- My order-F450 XLTcclb  6.7 4x4 spray in bedliner Atlas Blue ordered 5/10 got vin and scheduled build date for week of 7/26. So, seems like no rhyme or reason as to how they schedule builds unless some of your options parts aren't in stock. Maybe someone on here knows how trucks are chosen to be built.

18 hours ago, mink said:

Yeah, I'd hate to be ahead of people who ordered sooner.  I have an F-150 on order too, and I ordered in Dec 2020, and I still don't have my truck. But people who ordered in April already have their trucks. Ford scheduling makes no sense and is not fair.

• Like 1

This is just my guess. All 2021 retail orders will be built and shipped or changed to 2022MY and the rest that are sitting will be stock dealer orders or fleet/government rigs and they will slowly flow to dealers  till the end of the year. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TraderLeric said:

F350 platinum cclb 6.7, every option but adaptive steering, still not scheduled despite end of March order and priority 10 at a high volume dealer.  Any thoughts that color may impact scheduling?  I went atlas blue which is a new color?  Any atlas blue trucks scheduled yet?

Mine is very similar to yours, ordered March 18th, atlas blue, and still not scheduled.  Ford told me when I called that they can see thousands of older orders waiting for scheduling still.  The call center wasn't sure why either. 

Edited by ScottK1

13 minutes ago, ScottK1 said:

Mine is very similar to yours, ordered March 18th, atlas blue, and still not scheduled.  Ford told me when I called that they can see thousands of older orders waiting for scheduling still.  The call center wasn't sure why either. 

Could it be all the 2021's moving to 2022's

9 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Is Ford really going to build and ship 2022 Super Duties when they have 2021's sitting in a parking lot baking in the sun?

Currently they are building complete 21’s and shipping them out the door while the purgatory trucks sit so yes I would say since it saves Ford money you will see some 22’s show up before/within days of the last stored trucks.

Ford should probably Atleast give the people waiting on a stored 21 the option to order a 22 retail, win-win for Ford the dealers get some stock whenever it shows up and customers get to decide on their own if they would rather just get a 22 (especially Lariat and above for the larger screen) and wait a few months longer.

Edited by Winnipesaukee1