2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

18 minutes ago, Tncdrew said:

On my way from TN to IN. Just had to stop and get some pics of where the new truck will be born! Unfortunately they aren't doing plant tours (something about a pandemic?), but the plant looks to be in full operation! Parking lot's full!

Man! This place is huge!

BTW, saw several semi transport trucks loaded with SD's headed east and south.

20210625_142631.jpg

20210625_143229.jpg

Thank you for sharing! 

• Like 5

Tremor, Lariat, 7.3 loaded

Ordered 5/10

Build Date was 7/19 for weeks now

New Build Date is TBD - From ford Marketing

My dealer has no additional info to share

I just saw this post of the Ford Tremor form ..

I just got an update from my Ford Corporate contact... The earliest any 22's are going to be built is early sept.... The Chip Shortage is to blame..

Wonder if that is true and if so a lot of orders are about to be pushed out?

I personally don't mind waiting but it would be nice to have a firm build date even if it was months out still.

14 minutes ago, Evolrider said:

Tremor, Lariat, 7.3 loaded

Ordered 5/10

Build Date was 7/19 for weeks now

New Build Date is TBD - From ford Marketing

My dealer has no additional info to share

I personally don't mind waiting but it would be nice to have a firm build date even if it was months out still.

I agree. 

27 minutes ago, Evolrider said:

I saw this over there too… hoping Ice Capades will have some sort of info about this soon!

Just to add to my previous post, I have had my VIN # for weeks now and my order is now TBD, from what I read here if I have a VIN# it should be scheduled but thats not what I am being told.  The woman I spoke with at Ford Marketing said this was the second call today she has had where the customer has a VIN# but no build date.

2 hours ago, Evolrider said:

Just to add to my previous post, I have had my VIN # for weeks now and my order is now TBD, from what I read here if I have a VIN# it should be scheduled but thats not what I am being told.  The woman I spoke with at Ford Marketing said this was the second call today she has had where the customer has a VIN# but no build date.

I am in the same boat.  Had my VIN for nearly two weeks, but no movement on a build date/week.

I am assuming it has to do with the Sync 4 issue that arose about the same time.

I hate to admit this but I called Ford Marketing again and this time I got a great Rep who was able to confirm my build date got pushed out from 7/19 to 7/24 so it is still scheduled.  Why the other 3 reps couldn't see this date is unclear?  Was the system not updated or they just don't know where to look?  I think at this point I will stop looking for updates and when the truck gets here it gets here.

27 minutes ago, Evolrider said:

I hate to admit this but I called Ford Marketing again and this time I got a great Rep who was able to confirm my build date got pushed out from 7/19 to 7/24 so it is still scheduled.  Why the other 3 reps couldn't see this date is unclear?  Was the system not updated or they just don't know where to look?  I think at this point I will stop looking for updates and when the truck gets here it gets here.

I agree. I am in the same boat. It's going to get here when it gets here. I fortunately have a work suv, so my truck is not my everyday driver. I feel bad for some guys that sold their trucks and need it for work/everyday driving. 

1 hour ago, Evolrider said:

They first get scheduled for the week, which the 19th is a Monday and the start of that week. Then a bit later they get nailed down to the day in which you got the 24th date.

• Like 3

Might as well add mine...

'22 F-250 Limited CCSB

FX4

Cab Lights

3.31 Electronic Locking Axle

Ordered 6/14; Confirmation email same day; No VIN or date (checked with Ford Marketing yesterday - very friendly lady).  Ordered through a large dealership near Dallas.

Confirmed today my scheduled build date was bumped

F-350 Lariat 4X4 160” WB Crew Cab

6.7 diesel 

lariat ultimate

3.55 electronic locking

FX4 package

Upfitter switches

universal garage door opener

moon roof

quad led headlamps

5th wheel prep 

rear chmsl cam

spray in bed liner

roof clearance lights

Rain sensing wipers/heated steering wheel

ordered 4/9. Got a VIN and scheduled build week of 7/19 from dealer 2 weeks ago, got a build date from cyberdman of 7/25 last week. Called dealer today and scheduled build date is now 8/17

Finally got my build date et cetera.

Ordered  March 26

Fairly simple build...

F 350 Platinum

Moon roof,

Wheel liners 

Upfitter switches

Build date :  August 2nd....think it should be at the dealer here in Washington September 10th--ish.

Soooo if SYNC 4 was holding things up that issue might be resolved.

• Like 1

It’s becoming more and more apparent to me that Ford will just keep bumping and bumping build and delivery dates.  I think its a marketing strategy to make buyers FEEL like things are picking up and production is going to soon approach normal….  I think that they probably know good and well that they will not anytime soon be completing production on 2022 trucks.  They know it could be death to many dealerships unless they can keep a flow of orders coming in…..    think about it……. How many fewer orders would they have if they announced that they could not build and then deliver trucks until almost Christmas or even later…….  I think it’s all smoke and mirrors at this point.   Geesh, I have a friend still waiting on an F150 he ordered in November!!!!!

Just my 2cents…..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Savagedo said:

It’s becoming more and more apparent to me that Ford will just keep bumping and bumping build and delivery dates.  I think its a marketing strategy to make buyers FEEL like things are picking up and production is going to soon approach normal….  I think that they probably know good and well that they will not anytime soon be completing production on 2022 trucks.  They know it could be death to many dealerships unless they can keep a flow of orders coming in…..    think about it……. How many fewer orders would they have if they announced that they could not build and then deliver trucks until almost Christmas or even later…….  I think it’s all smoke and mirrors at this point.   Geesh, I have a friend still waiting on an F150 he ordered in November!!!!!

Just my 2cents…..

Understood but think that saying it's all smoke and mirrors is a bit extreme. Ford is in the business to design, engineer, produce and sell vehicles that customers want to buy. Unless they can deliver the product, Ford doesn't get paid. No question, Ford has been hard hit with the microchip shortage but doing everything they can to get production back to normal levels and prioritizing retail orders as best they can. They're communicating with their retail Bronco customers to provide them with updates, even when some commodity and supplier issues are causing delays longer than anticipated. In some cases, Ford's providing additional incentives to compensate retail customers for the additional and/or extended delays and providing retail order incentives to assist customers that can't find the vehicles they want in stock. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Savagedo said:

Just my 2cents…..

On that note, a scheduled build date by definition meant “all parts for that vehicle were present for production”. No criticism of Ford, but just observation of fact, Ford has had to break that rule and produce what they can and park them until all parts become available to complete the vehicle (ie chips). The realist in me knows that these 22MY dates will probably follow the same or similar pattern until things normalize in the chip industry. Although I have not received my VIN and date yet, if I did, I would not be expecting it to ship promptly. Again, not based on any inside knowledge, but the model has already been used.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Townado said:

Oh, and Ice, THANK YOU for all you do here. Your patience and insight is very appreciated. 

The being patient part is the hardest most often but I'm not the only one trying to make this site the best resource for information, advice, etc. 

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 7

20 hours ago, Coynerboyner said:

F250 ordered on 6/22 got confirmation same day no vin or production date yet

1B626D15-B100-4C1E-8F4B-D6E982C78433.jpeg

Quick question....how did you get confirmation?  A verbal from the dealer or did the dealer send you documentation?  Thanks!

14 hours ago, desperado said:

Might as well add mine...

'22 F-250 Limited CCSB

FX4

Cab Lights

3.31 Electronic Locking Axle

Ordered 6/14; Confirmation email same day; No VIN or date (checked with Ford Marketing yesterday - very friendly lady).  Ordered through a large dealership near Dallas.

Did the confirmation email come from the dealer or Ford headquarters?  Thanks!