2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

3 hours ago, AndyG. said:

Quick question....how did you get confirmation?  A verbal from the dealer or did the dealer send you documentation?  Thanks!

So I worked with the Sales Manager and we did all the run down and I submitted the order to Ford and 5 mins later the email came

from Ford not the deal. The deal said they can see all the updates that I can see.

1 hour ago, cjrazus1 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but I haven’t found an answer while searching the forum.  My 22 F350 order shows “Stock” not “”Retail”.  What trucks will be built first?   I was told retail?

It is my understanding Retail orders take priority. 

• Like 1

You have 3 separate situations here.  Normally when a new model year is started they build stock orders until they go 5 days without an error, then give the OK to buy.  At that point retail orders get built and the previously built stock vehicles are inspected, fixed and shipped.  That might take an hour or two months depending on how many vehicles were held and what has to be fixed.  It’s a crap shoot.

But the microchip situation as well as other commodity restrictions can prevent a retail order from being built and allow a stock unit to be built first.  These are unprecedented times and nothing is normal.  Rest assured if a retail order can be built then it has priority.

• Like 4

I saw this post yesterday as well on the Tremor forum. Obviously I don't have the crystal ball either, but given all the MY22 trucks that have been scheduled to weeks, and many now even converted to DAYS in July, and August, I really doubt the validity of this guy's quote....

Of course, I could be wrong. Let's hope I'm not! ?

20210627_144514.jpg

38 minutes ago, Tonymorr said:

I have a truck ordered that my dealer put in as a stock order. It now has a build date of July 10

When did you put in your order? What trim / options?  Also, what was the Priority Code on your order?  Asking  because I want to compare with my order.  No VIN or build date yet.

32 minutes ago, AndyG. said:

When did you put in your order? What trim / options?  Also, what was the Priority Code on your order?  Asking  because I want to compare with my order.  No VIN or build date yet.

April 1. Stock order priority 20. F350 Supercab 7.3 Lariat Value Pkg, Sport Appearance, FX4, UTT Camera, Tailgate Step, Sparay in liner, camper/plow pkg, tailgate step, 397 amp alternator, dual batteries, rain sensing wipers, Upfitter switches, wheel well liners, roof clearance lights, all weather mats

4 minutes ago, Tonymorr said:

April 1. Stock order priority 20. F350 Supercab 7.3 Lariat Value Pkg, Sport Appearance, FX4, UTT Camera, Tailgate Step, Sparay in liner, camper/plow pkg, tailgate step, 397 amp alternator, dual batteries, rain sensing wipers, Upfitter switches, wheel well liners, roof clearance lights, all weather mats

Great to hear, thanks and good luck! I wish I had got my order in earlier.

I called my dealer to ask if my order through the COVP had been approved yet, as it seems those that have been approved are getting build dates.  He said the status on my order in the COVP is "pending" just like some of the other orders at his dealership.  He also noted that there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what order they get approved, because he had entered another order after mine and it has been approved.  I confirmed that he had sent in my DL and signed order form.  He went a step further and said Calif dealers even have to send in a deposit receipt, but in Texas they don't.  I asked him to notify me when the COVP claim is approved.  Me thinks I need to take a deep breath & get my mind off this or it's going to be a long summer (and maybe fall and winter and...).

'22 F-250 CCSB

Ordered 6/14/21

Priority code 15 (changed to '10' 6/28/21)

Order confirmation email on 6/15/21; no vin or dates yet.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 10:17 PM, Gadget said:

Yes, got my VIN yesterday.  As for the email with it...no.  Ford marketing confirmed it was released but my dealer sent me a screenshot for my records.  I was told I will have the production date next week, but from what I understand from Ford Marketing again is that based my my priority code of 10, the build date should be 7/19/21.

I ordered 4/16/21.

has any 2022 Superduty trucks shipped yet

asking for a friend 

33 minutes ago, desperado said:

I called my dealer to ask if my order through the COVP had been approved yet, as it seems those that have been approved are getting build dates.  He said the status on my order in the COVP is "pending" just like some of the other orders at his dealership.  He also noted that there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what order they get approved, because he had entered another order after mine and it has been approved.  I confirmed that he had sent in my DL and signed order form.  He went a step further and said Calif dealers even have to send in a deposit receipt, but in Texas they don't.  I asked him to notify me when the COVP claim is approved.  Me thinks I need to take a deep breath & get my mind off this or it's going to be a long summer (and maybe fall and winter and...).

'22 F-250 CCSB

Ordered 6/14/21

Dude,  same boat here.  Ordered 6/15.  Got a confirmation email from Ford just today after I called my dealer and had them reenter my email address on the system.  I also had them change the priority code from 19 to 10.  I'm eager to see this thing built because we're looking to start RVing as soon as we get the truck.

2 hours ago, desperado said:

'22 F-250 CCSB

Ordered 6/14/21

Sounds like nonsense excuses.

2 hours ago, Rlambert said:

has any 2022 Superduty trucks shipped yet

asking for a friend 

How many times do I have to post that the Job #1 Date for 2022 Super Duty's is July 10th!

I'm ready to start hiding every post that asks that question. This is just nonsense! 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 7
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, desperado said:

You think the COVP claim status should be approved by now if everything was done correctly?

When I asked my dealer about this on Saturday he told me that the lady that runs all the orders through the COVP only works weekdays, but that all current retail orders (including mine that had been placed a month prior to this) at this dealership had already been run though the program and "all were approved." I don't know time frames, but the way he made it sound was that it was a pretty straight forward process... I don't know though, and I did not ask for proof of having it done...

• Like 1

Called Ford Marketing and my sales guy this morning. I asked the Marketing guy if he could confirm my order satisfied COVP requirements, no he could not, and my truck is still "clean, unscheduled" Marketing guy suggested I place another order for the same truck... which in my mind would accomplish nothing except to be moved to the back of the line.

Called my sales guy and asked him just to make sure all the i's are dotted, t's crossed and punctuation correct and be sure I am in the COVP. He was in a rush to morning sales meeting, so later I got an email that said: We were able to confirm that your order was Approved for the Customer Verification Program. He also stated ALL of their orders are placed in COVP.  He also stated a duplicate order would move me to the back of the line. 

They have 2 cars in new inventory. A truck was coming today with 8 vehicles and ALL of them are already sold. He stated allocation has NO impact on retail orders, only stock, retail orders are taken as quickly as Ford has the parts and factory time to build them. So all is good on the dealer end. Just waiting on Ford to collect all the parts and remove the commodity issue on the XLTs with UTT/PTBA. 

So I have nothing to worry about. I just have to wait it out. Ordered 7 April. No VIN, no build date.  

Edited by Radio
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 7:45 PM, ThatTruckGuy said:

Orderd 2022 F350 King Ranch, CCSB, SRW 6.7

5th wheel/goose prep

Moonroof

Spray-in

Ordered on 6/14, No VIN yet.

Unscheduled - Clean

Canada

I ordered 6/2 in Canada, F-250.  I don't think us June orders will see our trucks until late fall.

On 6/27/2021 at 2:48 PM, Tncdrew said:

I saw this post yesterday as well on the Tremor forum. Obviously I don't have the crystal ball either, but given all the MY22 trucks that have been scheduled to weeks, and many now even converted to DAYS in July, and August, I really doubt the validity of this guy's quote....

Of course, I could be wrong. Let's hope I'm not! ?

20210627_144514.jpg

I have no idea, but when I placed my order for an F350 on May 3rd, the dealer told me that based on their internal information, they HOPE they can deliver by December or January... So for me, any date before then is a gift... We'll see...