2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Called my dealer on my MY22 f350 King Ranch.  I have a vin#  and July 22 build date.  Dealer tells me  "your truck is moving along faster than we thought,  but we don't think it'll be here till end of August or early September".....  So I guess it'll get   "built"  but not  "released"  till end of August,  maybe due to chips?  My new truck only has to get to Conn. short trip from the KTP. 

On 6/27/2021 at 2:48 PM, Tncdrew said:

I saw this post yesterday as well on the Tremor forum. Obviously I don't have the crystal ball either, but given all the MY22 trucks that have been scheduled to weeks, and many now even converted to DAYS in July, and August, I really doubt the validity of this guy's quote....

Of course, I could be wrong. Let's hope I'm not! ?

20210627_144514.jpg

As I recall there is a commodity issue with F250 Tremor trucks but I thought it was limited to XLT trim. Perhaps now it has spread, as the Tremor does have package specific parts. As this was on a Tremor form, perhaps the delays will be limited to that package optioned trucks.

I just can't see all Super Duty trucks being pushed to September build dates. I don't think Ford will let KTP sit still that long. But then they may not have a choice.

44 minutes ago, Radio said:

As I recall there is a commodity issue with F250 Tremor trucks but I thought it was limited to XLT trim. Perhaps now it has spread, as the Tremor does have package specific parts. As this was on a Tremor form, perhaps the delays will be limited to that package optioned trucks.

I just can't see all Super Duty trucks being pushed to September build dates. I don't think Ford will let KTP sit still that long. But then they may not have a choice.

I ordered a XLT Tremor on 5/19 and initially had a build week or 7/26. I recently got pushed to the week of 9/27. I assume that is because of commodity issues. I’m grateful I have a VIN/anticipated build week. I feel bad for the guys that ordered before me and still don’t have VINs/build dates. Hopefully it all works out and we all have our trucks before the end of the year. I look forward to hopefully seeing some pictures in early September. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sand_storm said:

I ordered a XLT Tremor on 5/19 and initially had a build week or 7/26. I recently got pushed to the week of 9/27. I assume that is because of commodity issues. I’m grateful I have a VIN/anticipated build week. I feel bad for the guys that ordered before me and still don’t have VINs/build dates. Hopefully it all works out and we all have our trucks before the end of the year. I look forward to hopefully seeing some pictures in early September. 

I’ve also got the 9/27 date. XLT with the 360° camera package. I’m wondering if it is an actual anticipated date, or just a holding date that will likely be pushed back, or hopefully moved forward.

When I ordered in April, I wasn’t expecting my truck until Christmas, but getting that initial build week of 7/19 raised my hopes before getting moved to 9/27.

7 hours ago, ScotNH said:

I’ve also got the 9/27 date. XLT with the 360° camera package. I’m wondering if it is an actual anticipated date, or just a holding date that will likely be pushed back, or hopefully moved forward.

When I ordered in April, I wasn’t expecting my truck until Christmas, but getting that initial build week of 7/19 raised my hopes before getting moved to 9/27.

Do you have the Tremor package?

Well, Ford held out as long as they could. Certainly is going to be cluster no matter what. Ford made the right decision.  "Ford said the latest production cuts due to the chip shortage are being done to prioritize “customers’ vehicles that were assembled without certain parts due to the industry-wide semiconductor shortage.” 

• F-150 and Transit van: The F-150 line will be down the weeks of July 12 and July 19, while the Transit line will be down the week of July 19 at the Kansas City Assembly Plant in Missouri.
  • Ford Super Duty trucks and Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs: The Kentucky Truck plant in Kentucky will be down the week of July 12 and run two shifts for three weeks beginning July 19.

On 6/10/2021 at 8:06 PM, Kyoshea said:

Looks like I'm getting closer to my replacement being built.  Dealer says mid August maybe.

Vehicle Details

Ordered On 3/19/2021
Order Number ####
VIN 1FT8W3BT6NEC07626
Estimated Dealer Delivery N/A

SCRATCH THAT!  Dealership just told me today I've been bumped back to 9/20 now.

2 hours ago, Kyoshea said:

SCRATCH THAT!  Dealership just told me today I've been bumped back to 9/20 now.

I have a carrier truck that parks next to my house 2 times a week roughly, I go check the window stickers on them. They are always blue stickers recently built(21s) the current truck sitting there has 4 super duty’s on it, all built 6/2 3 are gassers 1 is diesel they are all 4 fairly plain jane trucks.  The most aggravating part to me is these are all dealer stock units.  Ford shoulda paused dealer stock units and focused solely on retail orders(green stickers).  It doesn’t appear Ford is prioritizing customer orders over dealer stock. 

Hello,

new to posting here. Ordered F350 XLT CC LB 6.7 on 4/20. Received a Vin, build week 7/10 and build day 7/11 2 weeks ago. Just got of the phone with Ford and they say the 7/11 date still stands. Cross my fingers been without a truck sine December. 

7 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

I have a carrier truck that parks next to my house 2 times a week roughly, I go check the window stickers on them. They are always blue stickers recently built(21s) the current truck sitting there has 4 super duty’s on it, all built 6/2 3 are gassers 1 is diesel they are all 4 fairly plain jane trucks.  The most aggravating part to me is these are all dealer stock units.  Ford shoulda paused dealer stock units and focused solely on retail orders(green stickers).  It doesn’t appear Ford is prioritizing customer orders over dealer stock. 

With the plant shut  down the  the week of 7/12 now I will be interested to see if they still run a week of dealer stock as originally planned  or go straight to retail 7/19. Just checked with my dealer and still holding 7/20 in the system for mine.

2 hours ago, Coynerboyner said:
  • F-150 and Transit van: The F-150 line will be down the weeks of July 12 and July 19, while the Transit line will be down the week of July 19 at the Kansas City Assembly Plant in Missouri.
  • Ford Super Duty trucks and Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs: The Kentucky Truck plant in Kentucky will be down the week of July 12 and run two shifts for three weeks beginning July 19.

Do they usually just run 1 shift on an average week at the plant?

8 minutes ago, Winnipesaukee1 said:

Do they usually just run 1 shift on an average week at the plant?

Plant runs 24/7 when they have all the parts needed I believe. And with that said if they run 1.5 days of production before shutting down they could possibly build 3000 super duty’s in thay short time.  The Wikipedia says at full capacity they can build 88 trucks/hr

Edited by JHForman812

oops….. didn’t see the earlier post of this info….   but oh well…… might as well just chill….

No three shifts in July…….  Crap, this stuff is changing every day it seems……

https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/ford-vehicle-production-will-take-huge-hit-in-july-thanks-to-chip-shortage/

Edited by Savagedo

9 minutes ago, Savagedo said:

oops….. didn’t see the earlier post of this info….   but oh well…… might as well just chill….

No three shifts in July…….  Crap, this stuff is changing every day it seems……

https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/ford-vehicle-production-will-take-huge-hit-in-july-thanks-to-chip-shortage/

Even running 2 shifts they would pump out roughly 1000 trucks a day 

14 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

Even running 2 shifts they would pump out roughly 1000 trucks a day 

well thats still a pretty decent number.

What I'm more worried about is the 5 day ok to sell rule. them taking these random days off, workers come back not necessarily in the zone and screw something up, this pushes back the ok to sell.

Edited by Nick1236

5 minutes ago, Nick1236 said:

well thats still a pretty decent number.

What I'm more worried about is the 5 day ok to sell rule. them taking these random days off, workers come back not necessarily in the zone and screw something up, this pushes the back the ok to sell.

I actually feel bad for the workers, Ford shutting the plants down has to make it difficult for them to get unemployment benefits on such a short notice.  

6 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

I actually feel bad for the workers, Ford shutting the plants down has to make it difficult for them to get unemployment benefits on such a short notice.  

I believe per the union agreements they still get paid. Someone more informed can clarify but that is my very basic understanding.

Either way, taking random weeks off really throws off your personal routine and thats not fun.

• Like 1