2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

14 hours ago, Dewbs said:

It’s hard finding a good dealership and even harder to find a competent person inside that knows the process. Good luck to you. 

I agree ☝?… at the end of the day most of the people working at dealerships have never had to make payroll or keep clients satisfied to stay afloat. They can pack it up and move to another employer if ever questioned about their poor performance. 

1 hour ago, Island Hopper said:

I agree ☝?… at the end of the day most of the people working at dealerships have never had to make payroll or keep clients satisfied to stay afloat. They can pack it up and move to another employer if ever questioned about their poor performance. 

I would beware of criticism unless you've walked a few miles in the same shoes. I invite anyone here bleating to apply for a sales job and then get back to us....granted theres good and bad...that's doesn't just apply to dealerships and their personel...I can personally attest to some customers being absolute peaches. 

Edited by Deanh

My salesman told me Saturday that my build got pushed back to week of 8/16 (original 7/22). Ford's site still showed as in production so I had him double check. Looks like he must have input the VIN wrong initially because it's now showing a 7/21 build date. He also said it was "sent to plant" (whatever that means for the process). Whew!

F350 SRW CCLB, 6.7, 4x4, KR Ultimate, bed liner, tonneau cover

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

I would beware of criticism unless you've walked a few miles in the same shoes. I invite anyone here bleating to apply for a sales job and then get back to us....granted theres good and bad...that's doesn't just apply to dealerships and their personel...I can personally attest to what some customers being absolute peaches. 

I worked for Ford in the late 90’s. I’ve walked in those shoes. I currently handle client relationships for a company that I have a minority equity in so I understand peachy.
I didn’t say ALL. My comment is unfortunately directed at the individuals I’ve dealt with in the past 6 months. But what I’ve observed on this forum and many others seems to be the same in regards to sales people. Dishonesty. If they don’t have an answer all they need to say is I’m sorry I don’t have the answer, but I’ll look into it and get back to you. The runaround is tiring. I dealt with a dealer from March to April that swore he placed my order only to find out from a friend who works at the dealership (the one I previously worked for) that it was never placed. He wouldn’t answer my calls or texts. I called a manager who knows me and that I’ve purchased 17 trucks from and asked what’s up? He simply said yeah these guys don’t care about orders. They want to sell something on the lot. I went to another dealer (#2) at the end of April to have them tell me that 2022’s couldn’t be ordered. Went to another dealer (#3) the following day and they ordered me a truck. Thought I was good until I asked for the build sheet and they said they couldn’t give it to me. After some back and forth they gave it to me. That’s a lot of work to order a truck. I understand the current situation with what’s going on from commodities to labor and everything in between. It’s just about being honest.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Island Hopper said:

I worked for Ford in the late 90’s. I’ve walked in those shoes. I currently handle client relationships for a company that I have a minority equity in so I understand peachy.
I didn’t say ALL. My comment is unfortunately directed at the individuals I’ve dealt with in the past 6 months. But what I’ve observed on this forum and many others seems to be the same in regards to sales people. Dishonesty. If they don’t have an answer all they need to say is I’m sorry I don’t have the answer, but I’ll look into it and get back to you. The runaround is tiring. I dealt with a dealer from March to April that swore he placed my order only to find out from a friend who works at the dealership (the one I previously worked for) that it was never placed. He wouldn’t answer my calls or texts. I called a manager who knows me and that I’ve purchased 17 trucks from and asked what’s up? He simply said yeah these guys don’t care about orders. They want to sell something on the lot. I went to another dealer (#2) at the end of April to have them tell me that 2022’s couldn’t be ordered. Went to another dealer (#3) the following day and they ordered me a truck. Thought I was good until I asked for the build sheet and they said they couldn’t give it to me. After some back and forth they gave it to me. That’s a lot of work to order a truck. I understand the current situation with what’s going on from commodities to labor and everything in between. It’s just about being honest.

Did you actually work as a Sales person? because if you have actually walked in a Salesperson shoes then you should fully understand that pretty much the ONLY people that voice their opinions are those that complain....and like Ive stated..there are good and bad...JUST like customers...and a question, since you called someone that you had bought 17 trucks from, I ask, why did you not just initially go back to him? because barring the fact that perhaps he changed Manufacturer, or you moved , he was obviously someone you had experience with beforehand...and even then, 17 trucks , you would have been well known at that particular dealer, and most likely dealt with with kid gloves. Ill also add this....it is going to get worse...its a case of getting quality people to live on an income that has gone down significantly over the years...a perfect storm....you get what you pay for...somewhat sad, but I see it as inevitable.

Edited by Deanh

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

Did you actually work as a Sales person? because if you have actually walked in a Salesperson shoes then you should fully understand that pretty much the ONLY people that voice their opinions are those that complain....

In my case, I had access to records that indicated the salesman AND sales manager were lying to me.  I busted them, and then the excuse was they were trying to "help" me.  Their help has actually put 2.5 months of orders in front of my order...  I don't need to walk in their shoes, just do your effin job and don't screw it up.

5 hours ago, Deanh said:

Did you actually work as a Sales person? because if you have actually walked in a Salesperson shoes then you should fully understand that pretty much the ONLY people that voice their opinions are those that complain....and like Ive stated..there are good and bad...JUST like customers...and a question, since you called someone that you had bought 17 trucks from, I ask, why did you not just initially go back to him? because barring the fact that perhaps he changed Manufacturer, or you moved , he was obviously someone you had experience with beforehand...and even then, 17 trucks , you would have been well known at that particular dealer, and most likely dealt with with kid gloves. Ill also add this....it is going to get worse...its a case of getting quality people to live on an income that has gone down significantly over the years...a perfect storm....you get what you pay for...somewhat sad, but I see it as inevitable.

Geez.  Salespeople are generally useless.  Do not know their products, do not know available configurations and have no clue about any specifications, period.  One has to do all their own research prior, and tell the salesperson exactly what they're looking for.  Never seen a more dishonest, and inept, trade.  

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

Anybody else having an issue building a MY22 F-250 7.3L Lariat tremor on fords site? When I select tremor package on a lariat configuration it auto selects 6.7L PSTD. When I attempt a manual change it says It will remove tremor package and a bunch more. 

Did they do away with the two-tone paint option for the Lariat trims? When I originally submitted my order to my local dealership I wanted agate black with stone gray two-tone option. On the Ford building page that doesn't seem to be an option. Only available on the KR trim... Hopefully they still will do it on a Lariat since that was always my favorite look.

11 hours ago, bshort said:

Geez.  Salespeople are generally useless.  Do not know their products, do not know available configurations and have no clue about any specifications, period.  One has to do all their own research prior, and tell the salesperson exactly what they're looking for.  Never seen a more dishonest, and inept, trade.  

Let’s not generalize.  Sharing your experiences is fine, and I’ve had my share of those same bad experiences but not all salespeople or dealerships are like that and we do have members here who work at dealerships.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jdmonroe9 said:

Did they do away with the two-tone paint option for the Lariat trims? When I originally submitted my order to my local dealership I wanted agate black with stone gray two-tone option. On the Ford building page that doesn't seem to be an option. Only available on the KR trim... Hopefully they still will do it on a Lariat since that was always my favorite look.

The Lariat Two-Tone (954) option is still available on the 2022 Super Duty. Details are in the order guide which you can download at the Dealer Order Guides section.  

14 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The Lariat Two-Tone (954) option is still available on the 2022 Super Duty. Details are in the order guide which you can download at the Dealer Order Guides section.  

Okay wonderful, I had seen that it was still an option on the Dealer Order Guide, but since it wasn't on the Ford Build page I got a little concerned is all.

Thank you so much! I will update the other thread I posted in. You're the best!

Someone posted this in a different forum. It states they are no longer doing the Tremor package on the 2022 XLTs. Does anyone have any insight on this? 

I wonder what that means for the orders that were already placed and got VINs, or if it is even true. 

News: 2022 Ford Super Duty Tremor XLT Model Is No Longer Available - The Fast Lane Truck (tfltruck.com)

40 minutes ago, Sand_storm said:

Someone posted this in a different forum. It states they are no longer doing the Tremor package on the 2022 XLTs. Does anyone have any insight on this? 

I wonder what that means for the orders that were already placed and got VINs, or if it is even true. 

News: 2022 Ford Super Duty Tremor XLT Model Is No Longer Available - The Fast Lane Truck (tfltruck.com)

@ice-capades confirmed it with the weekly production notes update 

AF10AA51-657A-4A23-A3BB-D3CEA39E8281.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Sand_storm said:

Scheduled orders will be produced with the original specifications ordered per past practice when option availability changed. 

14 hours ago, bshort said:

nice blanket comment...and one someone in the industry could take offence too....I suggest you go and apply since its apparently such an issue, apparently one you could help change... 

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Let’s not generalize.  Sharing your experiences is fine, and I’ve had my share of those same bad experiences but not all salespeople or dealerships are like that and we do have members here who work at dealerships.

its relatively simple...no matter WHAT job you do for a living....there are people out there that are better at it, and some that are distinctly worse....

• Like 1

Trying to figure out scheduling notes:

Case 1: I noticed the comments about inflatable seat belts in certain models appeared in several weeks running of scheduling notes. From that I assume the issue is on going. (Has no bearing on my order, just trying to learn the system)

Case 2: I noticed the XLT vs UTT/PTBA (53R, 53C packages) comments appeared for a while and are now not in the latest scheduling notes that I have seen.  From that, is it safe to assume the issue has been resolved? Or will Ford make a specific statement when the issue is resolved? (Does have a bearing on my order!) 

If the XLT vs UTT/PTBA (53R, 53C packages) issue is ongoing, but not listed in scheduling notes, how will I know when it clears?

20 minutes ago, Radio said:

Case 1: I noticed the comments about inflatable seat belts in certain models appeared in several weeks running of scheduling notes. From that I assume the issue is on going. (Has no bearing on my order, just trying to learn the system)

Case 2: I noticed the XLT vs UTT/PTBA (53R, 53C packages) comments appeared for a while and are now not in the latest scheduling notes that I have seen.  From that, is it safe to assume the issue has been resolved? Or will Ford make a specific statement when the issue is resolved? (Does have a bearing on my order!) 

If the XLT vs UTT/PTBA (53R, 53C packages) issue is ongoing, but not listed in scheduling notes, how will I know when it clears?

Commodity issues that are resolved usually just drop off the weekly notes from the regional offices. It's more difficult with issues listed as "Until further notice" as Ford isn't very good, or clear, with its communications. As such, there's no simple answer. Welcome to corporate America! 

22 minutes ago, Radio said:

I’m wondering this too. I have an XLT with the UTT package on order since 5/24… I’m on to wait a while but would like to know I’m waiting for something that will happen. Otherwise I need to just redo my order…