2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

While "Late Availability" options are listed in the vehicle order guides, information on commodity issues/restraints comes from several sources including weekly scheduling notes and weekly commodity reports sent via e-mail from the regional offices. Another source is the AM Preview Scheduling Report that is updated Tuesday - Thursday. The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system also generates error notices that may also include current commodity restraints. The CONCEPS ordering system generates the same information as WBDO but CONCEPS is now used almost exclusively for fleet orders. 

There's duplication, to a degree, between the sources for commodity information but no single source that can be relied on requiring interpretation at times along with years of experience dealing with Ford's processes, etc. So, unfortunately, there's no simple answer. And yes, it can be very frustrating at times at the dealership level trying to figure out what the situation is regarding option availability for scheduling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

nice blanket comment...and one someone in the industry could take offence too....I suggest you go and apply since its apparently such an issue, apparently one you could help change... 

Well, I see you're offended and for that I apologize.  Maybe when I retire here in three years, I'll go sell trucks as something to pass the time.  

27 minutes ago, mink said:

I ask my dealer the same thing, but I have a vin and he said it wouldn't matter, but my build date keeps getting pushed back from 7/26 and now I'm at 9/20 and who knows from there.

I think that 9/20 date is a placeholder.   I've seen a few builds get pushed to that date and then back to a closer date. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, road turtle said:

IC,

If I cancel Adaptive Steering off my order, will that reset the clock yet again?  It's an option I struggled with anyway.

No. Removing an option doesn't affect the original order date. Only changing the order type... Stock > Retail resets the clock for the original order date. 

38 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

No. Removing an option doesn't affect the original order date. Only changing the order type... Stock > Retail resets the clock for the original order date. 

Thank you for explaining. This was a big concern of mine and of course my sales guy is not much help. Today, he replaced the 2022 xlt f350 6.7 tremor order I had originally made on 4/20 (since Ford is no longer xlt w/tremor) with a 2022 F350 6.7 LARIAT w/tremor and value package (NO 360 camera). It is still a retail 10 order, so looks like I keep my original order date 4/20.

He estimated a delivery in December of this year.

16 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

Thank you for explaining. This was a big concern of mine and of course my sales guy is not much help. Today, he replaced the 2022 xlt f350 6.7 tremor order I had originally made on 4/20 (since Ford is no longer xlt w/tremor) with a 2022 F350 6.7 LARIAT w/tremor and value package (NO 360 camera). It is still a retail 10 order, so looks like I keep my original order date 4/20.

He estimated a delivery in December of this year.

I think you'll be okay but don't remember if changing the Trim will affect the original order date. It used to be that trying to change the Trim or Powertrain in the old CONCEPS system was a problem but the new WBDO system is much easier to work with. You might want to get a copy of the new DORA or the updated Vehicle Visibility report to confirm.   

34 minutes ago, Rlambert said:

I just check for any updates on Fords web site and entered my vin # and order number and it has a different truck than I had ordered, is this a web site mistake or dealer error 

They did a update overnight. A lot of things aren’t in aline just yet 

I followed up with my dealer, and two things are holding my order up.

1. adaptive steering

2. black onyx interior.

Interior surprises me, and what I told my salesman, if the interior restriction gets lifted, and we don't have status on adaptive steering, we'll delete that option from the order.  It was an option very low on my list anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, road turtle said:

1. adaptive steering

2. black onyx interior.

Interior surprises me, and what I told my salesman, if the interior restriction gets lifted, and we don't have status on adaptive steering, we'll delete that option from the order.  It was an option very low on my list anyway.

this is the first ive heard of the black onyx interior holding the order up. 

• Angry 1

4 hours ago, road turtle said:

1. adaptive steering

2. black onyx interior.

I havent heard of the black holdup either.... I hope its not true ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Is it possible to add a Heavy duty front suspension to a truck that is currently scheduled for the week of August 9th?

5 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Is it possible to add a Heavy duty front suspension to a truck that is currently scheduled for the week of August 9th?

Your Dealer would have to check to see if the order is locked in for production yet. Making the change in WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) may generate a notice. Otherwise, the change would be sent to the plant for processing and either accepted or rejected with confirmation available within 48 hours. Note that altering a scheduled order usually changes the scheduled production date by at least a week. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer would have to check to see if the order is locked in for production yet. Making the change in WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) may generate a notice. Otherwise, the change would be sent to the plant for processing and either accepted or rejected with confirmation available within 48 hours. Note that altering a scheduled order usually changes the scheduled production date by at least a week. 

Thank you! A week isn't a big deal to me.

10 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It's usually a week but with everything going on with scheduling and production issues these days I wouldn't count on it. 

No sweat... I am more concerned about getting what I want. A few weeks or a month now, is easily forgotten in a couple of years.

Thank you for all the time you put into this. A lot of your responses are helpful and seen by others than just the poster.

Edited by Robin Hood
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

It's usually a week but with everything going on with scheduling and production issues these days I wouldn't count on it. 

Hey Ice-Capades,  I saw your topic in the Scheduling Notes post,  What does "Plant is previewing full, allocation will roll" mean?