2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I am in the fleet ordering system placed my order for a F250 lariat tremor on 7/2 and called fleet today to check on order status. They could not provide a VIN but Ford stated that the truck was scheduled for production week 8/23/2021!  I’m excited to hear this and hope it stays and is good news for everyone on here. 

15 minutes ago, Moosetremor said:

I am in the fleet ordering system placed my order for a F250 lariat tremor on 7/2 and called fleet today to check on order status. They could not provide a VIN but Ford stated that the truck was scheduled for production week 8/23/2021!  I’m excited to hear this and hope it stays and is good news for everyone on here. 

Fleet scheduling is a totally separate process and not similar to retail scheduling at all. If a 2022 Super Duty is scheduled it must have a VIN number that was assigned at the same time it was scheduled. It doesn't make sense that Ford Fleet could tell you the order was scheduled but not know the VIN number. In addition, the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) lists the Order-to-Delivery time for a 2022 Super Duty as 30+ weeks. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

11 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Fleet scheduling is a totally separate process and not similar to retail scheduling at all. If a 2022 Super Duty is scheduled it must have a VIN number that was assigned at the same time it was scheduled. It doesn't make sense that Ford Fleet could tell you the order was scheduled but not know the VIN number. In addition, the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) lists the Order-to-Delivery time for a 2022 Super Duty as 30+ weeks. 

Agree it didn’t sound right to have a build week but no VIN, so likely not anything to buy stock in.  

6 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

I am surprised how many people are ordering the 7.3. Why are you all going that route. I would assume for some cost is a major factor, but is there other reasons as well?

For me...several reasons.  Cost is one.  Another is the added weight of the diesel vs. the 7.3, which subtracts from the payload.  Another is the added maintenance costs of the diesel over the 7.3.  Finally, I travel out of state a lot which means my truck will sit idle for couple weeks at a time.  I've heard that's not good for diesels.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

I am surprised how many people are ordering the 7.3. Why are you all going that route. I would assume for some cost is a major factor, but is there other reasons as well?

Diesels I feel have a finite future....the F150sdiesel has now been discontinued...hard to argue when the Ecoboost hybrid boasts better all round numbers and equals the mileage...…..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

I am surprised how many people are ordering the 7.3. Why are you all going that route. I would assume for some, cost is a major factor, but is there other reasons as well?

I don't want anything to do with a diesel and the garbage/nightmare the EPA has forced on them. 7.3 with 4.30 gears will pull anything I need it to pull in the next 10 years.

Maybe if I was getting rid of it before warranty ran out, but not something I will eventually have to maintain and fix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

I am surprised how many people are ordering the 7.3. Why are you all going that route. I would assume for some, cost is a major factor, but is there other reasons as well?

Deleted deleted deleted ?

Edited by Tncdrew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went into my dealer today to check on my 22 6.7 XLT Tremor already knowing the situation on it. He showed me the email sent out by Ford to dealers today which states any person with a XLT Tremor order that is not scheduled for production will have to remove the package with their dealer. Now if you have a XLT Tremor order that is scheduled for production it will be built. Just thought I’d help clear the air on that for anyone with a XLT Tremor order. I am re-ordering with just a base 6.7 lariat.

Hey ice-capades, I saw your post in the production thread and wanted to ask a question but it is locked. I have attached a screenshot for reference. Sorry to cross threads but I appreciate all the insight you provide to us members. I feel we’re (forum members) are a bunch of hungry baby birds wanting to be fed our Super Duty info. Could you please explain the statement in red “Plant is previewing full, allocation will roll”? I really do appreciate all your efforts, thank you!!!

8BD3A5B5-71EC-4252-B65B-73FD65E8AB30.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bryanjones said:

My dealer just told me my order for a 22 was being held up because of adapting steering. Said if I delete it it will help my order move forward. Thoughts?  Also thoughts on the need of adaptive steering. F250 platinum 

I removed mine, my 19 has it, I do like it but its not a must have! Look at what happens when it fails.  Your steering wheel will be at 90 degrees when youre driving straight.  my 19 has been good but i dont know that ill miss it. My 22 will hopefully schedule tomorrow now that i took that off. 

Edited by JHForman812

7 hours ago, Townado said:

Hey ice-capades, I saw your post in the production thread and wanted to ask a question but it is locked. I have attached a screenshot for reference. Sorry to cross threads but I appreciate all the insight you provide to us members. I feel we’re (forum members) are a bunch of hungry baby birds wanting to be fed our Super Duty info. Could you please explain the statement in red “Plant is previewing full, allocation will roll”? I really do appreciate all your efforts, thank you!!!

8BD3A5B5-71EC-4252-B65B-73FD65E8AB30.png

It means that unused allocation, for orders not already previewing as selected for scheduling, will roll over to the next week. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the info!!! Regarding the Until Further Notice Adaptive Steering commodity restriction, is any information available that could help guesstimate if customers are looking at weeks, months, or more? I think lots of people are weighing deleting the option because it isn’t a necessity. I know these are unprecedented times but hoping all your experience may provide some additional light on the subject. Thanks again for all your time and efforts on this site Ice, big thumbs up to you!!!

25 minutes ago, Townado said:

Thank you for the info!!! Regarding the Until Further Notice Adaptive Steering commodity restriction, is any information available that could help guesstimate if customers are looking at weeks, months, or more? I think lots of people are weighing deleting the option because it isn’t a necessity. I know these are unprecedented times but hoping all your experience may provide some additional light on the subject. Thanks again for all your time and efforts on this site Ice, big thumbs up to you!!!

Commodity restrictions listed as "Until further notice" tend to be longer term. Not knowing the specific reason for the hold, a 1-2 month minimum wouldn't be surprising. Subject to change, without notice! 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Townado said:

I had AS on my truck, I chose to delete it in hopes I’ll get built sooner.  AS can be added later.  I’ve looked up all the wiring schematics if you really want AS you’ll need a steering wheel, and clock spring with programming.  I’ll add it later when parts become available. 

I have a question on order changes.  I received a build week of 8/2 from my dealer on 6/17.  I asked them if they could change the exterior color from Oxford white to Star white on 6/22 and they said no problem.  I followed up and they said it had been changed. Since my dealer has been bulls*@!ing me since April Ive been skeptical.  I checked the VIN tracking  on Fords website Tuesday and it finally had my vehicle details on it and it as suspected... Oxford White.  Called the dealer today and they said " I submitted the request to have the color changed but have now been told it was too far into the build to have the color changed."   That may be true today, but was that the case 3 weeks ago when I made the request?  Is there a general time frame prior to build date for when an order is locked in for production? I seem to remember seeing something from Ice-Capades on that but with all the discussion on this topic I could not find it...

I just heard from my dealer here in Georgia. My MY 22 F350 XLT LB 6.7 4x4 was built July 11 like I was told 3 weeks ago. However, it’s sitting in a lot somewhere waiting to be finished. 
I hope this gives some encouragement for all who a patiently waiting 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Simplicity was the reason for me.  7.3 more than suites my needs from a truck.  If I had all the money in the world, I would go for a diesel.  But that day is still to come. 

Quick question: I ordered my 22 through my local dealer.  I got a confirm from Ford.com that my order was confirmed.  When will my order show up on Ford.com under my "Reservations/Orders".

Apologies if this has already been asked.  Did a search on here and couldn't find anything.  

32 minutes ago, zekd said:

Quick question: I ordered my 22 through my local dealer.  I got a confirm from Ford.com that my order was confirmed.  When will my order show up on Ford.com under my "Reservations/Orders".

Apologies if this has already been asked.  Did a search on here and couldn't find anything.  

It may not ever. Sounds like there is a disconnect with that system. Once you get assigned a vin you can track your order through various trackers available online. Until you get a vin your only choices are your sales guy or the Vehicle Locator forum here.

Edited by mattdm

Sorry if this is dumb question, I searched for the answer but after much digging I still don't have definitive answer.  I have a 22 F350 Tremor on order, and have a "Scheduled to Day" date of 2021-07-27 and a VIN.  So the question is, is this the date the truck will enter production, or the date they think it will be out of production (completed)?