2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, aboyles2002 said:

Anybody got know a way to get better information about an order.  I have a VIN but my dealer says a build week hasn't been assigned, but that the Vehicle Visibility Report says its estimated for Sept./October timeframe.  I think this is BS.  I doubt Ford gives vague estimates like that.  My dealer sucks.   

Great... another Dealer that either doesn't know what they're doing or can't be bothered to give a customer accurate information they require!

There is vehicle tracking available at the Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees forum (https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/) but you must have made a minimum of 15 good posts on the BOF site to qualify. Be sure to read the rules which are strictly enforced.   

• Sad 1

On 7/17/2021 at 10:06 AM, ice-capades said:

There's no easy answer regarding what's been going on with 2022 Super Duty scheduling. None of it is normal because of the microchip situation and other factors interrupting plant schedules, etc. and all I can do is reply based on 35 years of experience managing my dealership's new vehicle inventory and ordering all the stock, retail and fleet inventory. I share what information I can that is relevant without trying to add to all the speculation.   

So I just got off the phone with my sales manager at my dealership and I removed Adaptive Steering from my platinum f350. I’m a code 19 and have had my order in since 3/18 I asked if he could switch me to a code 10 and I was told I do t know how to do that but I will look into it I call Bravo Sierra on him he just doesn’t want to help I need this truck to come before winter. Also when I go to my confirmed order it use to come up when I click view online now it just says NULL up in left corner any ideas why this is ??? Thanks and I appreciate what u do for us !!!! 

29 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

So I just got off the phone with my sales manager at my dealership and I removed Adaptive Steering from my platinum f350. I’m a code 19 and have had my order in since 3/18 I asked if he could switch me to a code 10 and I was told I do t know how to do that but I will look into it I call Bravo Sierra on him he just doesn’t want to help I need this truck to come before winter. Also when I go to my confirmed order it use to come up when I click view online now it just says NULL up in left corner any ideas why this is ??? Thanks and I appreciate what u do for us !!!! 

The Dealer doesn't know how to change the priority code? Yeah, right! I'd call Ford and file a complaint about the dealership's incompetence and lack of customer service. 

I can't help you with the online issue you're seeing as I never look at the public tracking site. 

5 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The Dealer doesn't know how to change the priority code? Yeah, right! I'd call Ford and file a complaint about the dealership's incompetence and lack of customer service. 

I can't help you with the online issue you're seeing as I never look at the public tracking site. 

Thank you it’s really frustrating I paid a $1000 deposit I own a plumbing business and was going to give this dealer all future truck and van orders but don’t think will happen after this one I would cancel and start over if I thought it would help but it would put me at the back of the line ??

5 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s entirely possible that a sales person doesn’t get involved with the vehicle ordering process and that’s handled by someone else.  But unless that person was hired yesterday, it’s also inexcusable not to know things like that.

No this is the sales manager that I was talking to at my dealership 

10 minutes ago, akirby said:

Forget everything I said and RUN to a new dealer!

It’s to late for that I ordered 3/18 if I do that I will just keep my 17 lariat that’s in mint shape it’s just got 82,000 and wanted to upgrade to a platinum 350 I’m just going to see what happens I deleted adaptive steering from my order today and hoping it gets scheduled Thursday now.  

14390846-B2E4-4242-B41E-2A5AC3E54236.jpeg

Edited by Stanggt24

12 minutes ago, akirby said:

What is the deal about adaptive steering?  Does that push the build date back? Microchip?  I too paid a deposit so I am stuck. I have a VIN so my sales person can't change the priority from 19.  If I delete the adaptive steering is that supposed to move up the build date?  I am towing a large 5th Wheel so the adaptive steering I think will be very helpful.

5 minutes ago, KCinNC said:

What is the deal about adaptive steering?  Does that push the build date back? Microchip?  I too paid a deposit so I am stuck. I have a VIN so my sales person can't change the priority from 19.  If I delete the adaptive steering is that supposed to move up the build date?  I am towing a large 5th Wheel so the adaptive steering I think will be very helpful.

If u have been scheduled the code doesn’t matter anymore as far as changing I’m not sure I wanted adaptive steering I pull a 30’ tt but don’t have it now but wanted it. I can’t wait until late fall for my truck I also plow with my truck with a front and back plow and need to get new one before winter fir plows to be installed.  

24 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

It’s to late for that I ordered 3/18 if I do that I will just keep my 17 lariat that’s in mint shape it’s just got 82,000 and wanted to upgrade to a platinum 350 I’m just going to see what happens I deleted adaptive steering from my order today and hoping it gets scheduled Thursday now.  

16 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

If u have been scheduled the code doesn’t matter anymore as far as changing I’m not sure I wanted adaptive steering I pull a 30’ tt but don’t have it now but wanted it. I can’t wait until late fall for my truck I also plow with my truck with a front and back plow and need to get new one before winter fir plows to be installed.  

Ok thanks.

47 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

There is no 2022 Super Duty scheduling this week. 

50 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

NO scheduling for 2022 Super Duties this week, neither the week of 7/26. According to my Dealer, the next 2022 scheduling will be week August 2nd

Edited by Baddestt

6 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

New scheduling for 2022 Super Duties this week, neither the week of 7/26. According to my Dealer, the next 2022 scheduling will be week August 2nd

Ford's only been releasing the scheduling information on a weekly basis. There is no scheduling information for next week or any future weeks. 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I should have done that in late May when they started screwing up my order.  I've since talked to a friend that buys a LOT of SD trucks for his business from a dealer he loves, but I'm a long ways from my original order on 3/15, and deep into waiting with this dealer.

My order keeps getting messed around with.  It's worse than waiting for the rain delayed baseball game to resume.

• Like 1

Ordered a KR F350 drw on 06/24 and dealer called this morning with the Vin# and advised that it is scheduled for 08/23. Only thing missing on the build is the moonroof that we did not want. Present truck has 1 and it really has never been used. Hoping that the date does not get pushed back as we plan to head south this winter

Ordered a F250 platinum last friday. Clearly knowing what’s going on with ford I figured it would take more than usual time for a special order. My dealer was insistent on telling me 8-10 weeks. What’s the likelihood of this ?  In all reality I don’t think I will see the truck until the earliest christmas.

dealership is blowing smoke up your exit cavity.  He has NO IDEA.

You could push him and ask for a GUARANTEE you will receive it in 8-10 weeks, and every day it misses 70 CALENDAR days, it reduces the sale price by $1,000.

Edited by road turtle
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Great... another Dealer that either doesn't know what they're doing or can't be bothered to give a customer accurate information they require!

There is vehicle tracking available at the Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees forum (https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/) but you must have made a minimum of 15 good posts on the BOF site to qualify. Be sure to read the rules which are strictly enforced.   

There must be a lot of those dealers out there.  I got this an hour ago. 

"I spoke with my sales manager and had him take a look to see if we have any update on this for you. As of right now we are not seeing anything for a build date on that VIN. I will have Kevin take another look here in a few days to see if anything has populated."

4 hours ago, bigfrank59 said:

Ordered a F250 platinum last friday. Clearly knowing what’s going on with ford I figured it would take more than usual time for a special order. My dealer was insistent on telling me 8-10 weeks. What’s the likelihood of this ?  In all reality I don’t think I will see the truck until the earliest christmas.

It's so funny how dealers can be so different with their estimates.  I, too, ordered last Friday and my dealer said he'd be surprised if it shows up before the first of the year.  Quite the difference vs 8-10 weeks haha.  Luckily from the help on this forum I've learned a ton about the process so I don't care much what the dealer says.  I know that it will just get here when it gets here and all I can do is wait.  I don't plan on hounding them for updates, it unfortunately won't make the truck show up any faster.  But hey, if you manage to get yours in only 8-10 weeks we'll all look forward to seeing the pictures when you get it!

• Like 3

Hello, I ordered an F350 on 7-3 and received the order confirmation email from Ford on 7-13 after I nudged the dealer. Does anyone have an educated guess on when a VIN will be assigned? I fully understand that this is a waiting game, it is helpful to know what the timing will be. Also I don't want to one of those guys needlessly pestering the salesman. 

Edited by CCS103
Corrected grammar

12 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Thanks for the info. I might check that out. I would rather do business with my local dealer and the salesman is a nice guy but the sales manager isn’t the greatest. Makes me want to go somewhere else and order a truck. 

Edited by aboyles2002

Well friends, after a status check on my F-350 this morning (I was scheduled for build yesterday 7/19), apparently the truck was built yesterday at KTP plant 2, then sent off site...

It is a VERY lightly optioned Lariat (only value pack), no bedliner or other off site added options....

Hopefully I'm in an "OK to Buy" hold, and we're not seeing the start of a new '22 purgatory. 

20210720_075909.jpg

8 minutes ago, Tncdrew said:

Well friends, after a status check on my F-350 this morning (I was scheduled for build yesterday 7/19), apparently the truck was built yesterday at KTP plant 2, then sent off site...

It is a VERY lightly optioned Lariat (only value pack), no bedliner or other off site added options....

Hopefully I'm in an "OK to Buy" hold, and we're not seeing the start of a new '22 purgatory. 

20210720_075909.jpg

Thanks for the update. I checked again earlier this morning and your Window Sticker is still not available from Ford. The vehicle was invoiced weeks ago and the Window Stickers are generated at the same time so this makes no sense. Ford's providing no information about the missing or delayed Super Duty Window Stickers but I'll keep checking!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Thanks for the update. I checked again earlier this morning and your Window Sticker is still not available from Ford. The vehicle was invoiced weeks ago and the Window Stickers are generated at the same time so this makes no sense. Ford's providing no information about the missing or delayed Super Duty Window Stickers but I'll keep checking!

Thanks for doing that Ice-capades!

I kind of want to press my dealer to find out more on my status, but not really sure there's anything he'll be able to add...