2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

6 minutes ago, MikeK said:

Received the confirmation pasted below in email from Ford today.  When I used the Ford order tracking system with the VIN and order number provided in the email it showed me five sections I can expand to review the vehicle details (model information, exterior, interior, accessories, and packages).  Not everything in the build submitted by the dealer is shown in these details.  For example I ordered an 8 foot box and high capacity towing package.  Neither of these are listed.  Should this list be comprehensive?  Where can I go to confirm that the scheduled build at the production facility includes all of the options I ordered at the dealership?  Thanks, MK

Call your dealership and have them send you a copy of the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) detail display for your order. It'll show all the order specifications and options.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, usmc0802 said:

In the interest of expectation management this is my timeline so far.   Just got an email this evening with a scheduled production date for week of 2 August.   Ordered on 11 June F350 Lariat, 6.7, Black Appearance package, Tremor, Antimatter Blue

A905885C-FC03-444B-BDD8-B585FF8941AA.jpeg

This is interesting to see! Curious as to why I haven't received a similar email even though I've been in production since the 7th. Good deal for you! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mitch8628 said:

Man, I wish I could get some emails from Ford with Status updates.  Still haven't got one, but my order is in the system.  Is there anything I can tell my dealer to make sure they get my email attached to the order? 

You need to talk to the Dealer and tell them to make sure your e-mail address is included with your order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. A copy of the WBDO detail page will show all the vehicle specifications and options but will not show the e-mail address. There's a separate window in WBDO where the customer e-mail is attached to the order. 

In addition, the Dealer should have a signed Buyer's Order and a copy of your Driver's License to submit to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) to be eligible for expedited scheduling and incremental allocation. 

• Like 2

I ordered a F350 CCSB XLT antimatter blue with the 7.3 on 6/4.  I got the VIN from my saleswoman last Thursday and an email from ford tonight stating it was scheduled for the week of Aug 16th.

Unfortunately, I changed my mind on the XLT and ordered a Lariat on 6/24.  My dealer doesn't have any updated info on that truck yet.

If anyone is looking for a 2022 F350 XLT with premium package, and 5th wheel,  there will be one at my dealerin upstate ny in the next couple months...

Found this forum four days ago and have learned so much helpful information. Figured I would post my order details to give somebody with similar dates a timeline. Ordered a F-350 XLT Dual wheels Diesel with some minor add-ons on 7/5. Got email with order confirmation from Ford a few hours later. Today (7/20) received email from Ford that my order is scheduled for production for the week of August 23rd. I also received my VIN.

I have a 19’ F350 6.7.  Unfortunately, it’s been declared a lemon after numerous problems that started within 3 months of owning it.  It has been towed 2 times since March to the dealership, had it 4 days and the entire month of March, and there she has sat since then.  Got through the initial buyback process after 3 attempts…talk about lessons in patience! Dealer put in order for replacement 22 F350 Lariat early May.  Buyback/RAV department somehow hooked me up with priority code 2 and truck was allegedly built yesterday.  Marketing can see the window sticker, said they don’t have email to send.  Sales manager claims he can’t see it, of course the link on the online tracking doesn’t show it either.  Just checked this morning on the tracking and now there’s an estimated arrival date of 8/10.  Fingers crossed as it sucks not having a working truck while continuing to pay insurance etc, and I really need it to be able to move my trailers lol.  Here’s to being cautiously optimistic the truck has a chip and the 8/10 date isn’t the date it will arrive to a storage lot!! 
Anyone else see an estimated date at dealership? My dealership SM has been less than helpful and pretty clueless.  

22’ F250, Lariat Ultimate Package, 6.7L, Blacked Out, Tremor, Rapid Red, High Cap., UTT, PTBA, NO Adap. Steering:

Ordered 3/31

Original email Confirmation 3/31 (not sure why the tracker says 6/2)

I’m told the Production Date is 7/23

ETA 9/7

No emails other than the original confirmation on 3/31. Has been “In Production” for a while. No window sticker available. I’m guessing it will go off site for something. Maybe that’s why the ETA is nearly 7 weeks post production

A9368FD3-35C8-42EF-AC74-B431D13421EB.jpeg

I apologize if this has been stated, howeveer, I did look for it.

It is my understanding that Vehicles are not shipped until "Good to Buy" has been achieved.  Is this true for "Dealer Stock" orders?    I realize this is a screwy time, however, can I assume that if Dealer Stock orders ship, that Retail orders will also ship?  

Edited by mrmallerd

43 minutes ago, mrmallerd said:

I apologize if this has been stated, howeveer, I did look for it.

It is my understanding that Vehicles are not shipped until "Good to Buy" has been achieved.  Is this true for "Dealer Stock" orders?    I realize this is a screwy time, however, can I assume that if Dealer Stock orders ship, that Retail orders will also ship?  

No vehicles, stock or retail, are released for shipping until the "Okay to Buy" status is achieved.  

It's really cool to see lots of trucks finally making it to scheduling / production. What's frustrating is the manner in which Ford is selecting vehicles to build, apparently order date has very little to do with it. I also believe, and correct me someone if I'm wrong, but trucks that have a lot of options (Tremor, King Ranch, Crew Cab 4x4, etc) are being built before a truck like mine (F-350 7.3L XLT regular cab 4x2 Rapid Red) simply because the profit margin isn't there. I know Ford will get around to building it, I just wish I could see exactly why some get picked over others. 

37 minutes ago, Jeff T said:

It's really cool to see lots of trucks finally making it to scheduling / production. What's frustrating is the manner in which Ford is selecting vehicles to build, apparently order date has very little to do with it. I also believe, and correct me someone if I'm wrong, but trucks that have a lot of options (Tremor, King Ranch, Crew Cab 4x4, etc) are being built before a truck like mine (F-350 7.3L XLT regular cab 4x2 Rapid Red) simply because the profit margin isn't there. I know Ford will get around to building it, I just wish I could see exactly why some get picked over others. 

I dont know how they are picking it.  I see over on FTE there are XL and XLT trucks already being built for some guys.  I am tracking two trucks myself, one is a Lariat with very few options added and the other is a Lariat with the Value package and a few options added and both are scheduled to build next week.  The lower optioned one first. I see an XLT gasser and a Lariat Diesel are both scheduled to build today.  I guess Ford has a method but it seems very random.

• Like 1

I just placed an order for a 2022 F-350 Lariat yesterday. They told me at the dealer that it could be 4 months away. I ordered the 7.3 with the 5th wheel package in Atlas blue. Looks like it will be a killer truck. And I am switching from a Ram 2500 so it is all new to me over in Ford world. 

1 hour ago, Oldfordguy said:

I know IceCapades said that orders could be changed up to the time they are scheduled for production. My question could my order for a 350 XLT that has been ordered since mid April be changed to a Lariat without losing my spot?Thanks in advance.

I originally ordered a 250 and changed it last week to a 350. My dealer said I would not lose my place in line.  Got an email from Ford today saying it has now been scheduled for production.