2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, Oldfordguy said:

I know IceCapades said that orders could be changed up to the time they are scheduled for production. My question could my order for a 350 XLT that has been ordered since mid April be changed to a Lariat without losing my spot?Thanks in advance.

I switched from a 350 xlt to a Lariat and lost my place.  I guess changing trim levels does it. 

7 hours ago, jeffhunta said:

Anyone in build status have adaptive steering? Thinking about dropping this option to get my order processed faster. My order was confirmed on 3/26 and still no updates.

Mine is supposed to be built today and I have adaptive steering. That being said, looks like I'm one of the few that got selected for that.

42 minutes ago, Simple. said:

Also lost my place when doing the same

I’m not sure you really lost your place when orders are not produced in the order they are rec’d. Although I understand it is a new order number. Just a different way to look at it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mbrooks44 said:

I’m glad to see somebody getting a dually built. I ordered an F450 platinum on June 28 and have not heard anything other than the confirmation email. 

I too have an F450 Lariat 6.7 on order since 4/6. No adaptive steering. All I have is an email confirmation from Ford and a bunch of crickets, lol. I really appreciate all the information provided here!!! In think I have a lot more waiting in my future :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Townado said:

I’m not sure you really lost your place when orders are not produced in the order they are rec’d. Although I understand it is a new order number. Just a different way to look at it.

Yeah, you’re absolutely right!  Seems to be a random number generator or a lottery system so far.  Haha

• Like 1

So I checked the Ford tracking site again today and actually had an estimated delivery date pop up. Went into “in production” status on 7/6 and still no window sticker or any other updates but the estimated delivery is a pleasant surprise. Still not holding my breath but things seem to be moving.

3DA22435-E6B3-4F5D-B41B-48E52D5D1C30.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, deerhunt799 said:

Mine is supposed to be built today and I have adaptive steering. That being said, looks like I'm one of the few that got selected for that.

This is great news.  I also have adaptive steering and i ordered 3/22.  The last update i had i was moved further out to the week of 9/20!

4 hours ago, Mbrooks44 said:

I’m glad to see somebody getting a dually built. I ordered an F450 platinum on June 28 and have not heard anything other than the confirmation email. 

i ordered F450 Platinum on March 24 and only got one email that said they received the order! ?

Hello folks, I'm new to the forum. I have a 2022 F350 XL CCLB 4X4 6.2 gas dually (bed deleted) ordered. The bed deleted gets me more options than a chassis/cab does. So here's a question for those smarter than me. I ordered June 6 and my salesman is telling me I have a M1 priority code. He says my truck will be made in December if nothing go wrong. I am a member of the local farmer's Coop and get to use the Land of Lakes fleet purchase program. That saves me over $10k off msrp. I read all these posts where people have a priority number of 10 but no one has a letter and number. Am I special? This is the first truck I have ever ordered so I'm not sure how things work. Also how are people getting emails from Ford with updates? My salesman just says he will contact me if he hears anything.

10 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

Hello folks, I'm new to the forum. I have a 2022 F350 XL CCLB 4X4 6.2 gas dually (bed deleted) ordered. The bed deleted gets me more options than a chassis/cab does. So here's a question for those smarter than me. I ordered June 6 and my salesman is telling me I have a M1 priority code. He says my truck will be made in December if nothing go wrong. I am a member of the local farmer's Coop and get to use the Land of Lakes fleet purchase program. That saves me over $10k off msrp. I read all these posts where people have a priority number of 10 but no one has a letter and number. Am I special? This is the first truck I have ever ordered so I'm not sure how things work. Also how are people getting emails from Ford with updates? My salesman just says he will contact me if he hears anything.

Fleet orders work very different from Retail orders. Most of us have retail orders. I am not familiar with the fleet ordering process but I know it has come up in the past on here. Member Ice-capades has explained it a few times.

Edited by mattdm

16 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

Fleet ordering and scheduling is a totally different process, with longer OTD (Order to Delivery) than that for stock and retail orders. Fleet priority codes represent a requested production week and are alpha numeric. M1 = requested production the first week of December 2021.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

I placed my order for a 22MY f450 limited on 06/09. Added on Fx4, 5th assembly, console vault, rapid heat, block heater, front wheel well liners, cstmr trailer cam and, spray bed liner. Paid deposit, signed build printout and they copied my license. I had a conformation email before leaving the dealership and still sitting at the confirmed stage. I am in a “rush” but not as I have plenty of truck I bought new in 2002 that does the job now but I can’t wait for the new one. I appreciate all the comments, posts, replies and knowledge in here. 

Edited by DecoSF

4 hours ago, SFSTROKER said:

This is great news.  I also have adaptive steering and i ordered 3/22.  The last update i had i was moved further out to the week of 9/20!

Not sure if I mentioned it here, but I ordered a Platinum 450 with adaptive steering on 3/31. First date was 7/19, then 8/9, and I just got the email saying 9/20.

Here we wait!

8 hours ago, harmacist said:

So I checked the Ford tracking site again today and actually had an estimated delivery date pop up. Went into “in production” status on 7/6 and still no window sticker or any other updates but the estimated delivery is a pleasant surprise. Still not holding my breath but things seem to be moving.

3DA22435-E6B3-4F5D-B41B-48E52D5D1C30.jpeg

Does your truck have the Tough Bed Spray in Liner?

1 hour ago, BoKnows said:

Does your truck have the Tough Bed Spray in Liner?

I did order the spray in bed liner, don’t think anything else I ordered would delay it like that will. No bed cover or anything else like that. And my status changed to in production on 7/6 so it’s been “in production” for 2 weeks. Granted the plant was down for 1 week

edit: this morning the Ford tracking updated to built on 7/21

CBE5BAAD-D14A-4775-A0DE-E094439402B4.png

Edited by harmacist

7 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

On mine the ETA doesn’t show up on the phone but does on the computer. Might check that.

Shows up on both just in different spots for some reason, I’m the computer it shows on the timeline thing, on the phone it’s below the VIN just above your dealer info, I’ll attach pictures

4177CA30-A6E1-467E-A067-CE056ED37083.jpeg

307B6210-959A-46A4-83F4-9463AED7B9FA.png