2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

22 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The initial production week is assigned at the same time as the order is scheduled and the VIN number assigned. If the order isn't locked in yet, changing the alternator should have minimal impact on the scheduled production week. 

Thanks! How would I know if the order is “locked in”? Appreciate your help! 

Edited by Gratefuldawg

5 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer can check it. If the order is "locked in" the system won't accept the change when they try to submit it. 

Just wanted to thank you directly for all your help because I’m treating like I’m bothering my dealer when I call them. Also treated like I’m annoying them. I did put a $1000 deposit on my truck and deleted Adaptive steering that I did want but can’t take the chance of it not getting scheduled for months. I ordered a F350 platinum fully loaded with almost every option available.  Also they are accepting x plan and  I have a $3000 incentive offer locked into deal and first responder rebate so to start over isn’t in the cards !!!! 

• Thanks 1

I am new the forum and apologize in advance if someone has already answered this.

My order was placed May 26th received my VIN# two weeks ago but still have no build date.

I keep seeing where people say once you have a vin you have scheduled build date, is that correct?

14 hours ago, Townado said:

I am not aware of any 2022 F450s produced as of yet, let alone delivered and sold. I would definitely follow up before you assume something of that magnitude. We all what happens when we assume……

I ordered an F450 back on 4/6 and am still waiting for a vin and build date

I ordered a F450 limited in June and my dealer was straight up with don’t expect anything for a build till around November or December. If it happens before this then I’ll be happy and if it don’t then I’ll still be happy. I bought my 2002 ram new with a January build date and still have it so I think it would be kind of nice to have this around the same date. 

On 7/22/2021 at 4:52 AM, ice-capades said:

The average transit time is 14 days after it's been released for shipping. 

A couple days after I posted this question, my sales guy gave me an estimate of 30 days after it's been built, which I realize is different from 'when it's released for shipping'. Perhaps the 30 day estimate is deliberately conservative, an 'under promise, over deliver' sort of scenario. With a current build date of 9/20, that puts delivery around Halloween / early November, provided no new snags occur between now and then.

Edited by Latebraking

22 minutes ago, DecoSF said:

I ordered a F450 limited in June and my dealer was straight up with don’t expect anything for a build till around November or December. If it happens before this then I’ll be happy and if it don’t then I’ll still be happy. I bought my 2002 ram new with a January build date and still have it so I think it would be kind of nice to have this around the same date. 

We ordered an F450 end of March, confirmation email April 2nd, scheduled for production week of August 16th. I have seen several people say their F450s were ordered after ours and scheduled before ours, so maybe you'll be surprised! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DMBKaren41 said:

We ordered an F450 end of March, confirmation email April 2nd, scheduled for production week of August 16th. I have seen several people say their F450s were ordered after ours and scheduled before ours, so maybe you'll be surprised! 

That would be wonderful. But with the Limited spec it has it all and we have read about the steering commodity issues so I don’t expect a vin for awhile. 

1 hour ago, Texas250 said:

I am new the forum and apologize in advance if someone has already answered this.

My order was placed May 26th received my VIN# two weeks ago but still have no build date.

I keep seeing where people say once you have a vin you have scheduled build date, is that correct?

The VIN number and scheduled production week are assigned at the same time the order is scheduled. Contact your Dealer for a copy of the Vehicle Visibility report for your order which will provide the information you want. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bryanjones said:

Called Ford today.  Still not scheduled.  Entered on March 19th.  Dealership says I'm in as a 01 priority.  Which I think is false.  ugh.

It's possible that the regional office could have re-prioritized your order at "01" but depending on when the priority code was changed, and your order specifications, it's unlikely taht it could have been at an "01" priority code for long without being scheduled by now. 

If you call Ford, they can confirm what your current priority code is. They'll need your Dealer name and location or Dealer Code and your order number. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

14 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The VIN number and scheduled production week are assigned at the same time the order is scheduled. Contact your Dealer for a copy of the Vehicle Visibility report for your order which will provide the information you want. 

Thank you sir!

Just curious if anyone knows but I’ve been surfing through some of the tracking posts for cyberdman, when he has made assumptions to people that he believes their vehicles are waiting on chips his updates are that the vehicle is still in production. Does anyone know if all these super duties getting “built” and “awaiting shipment” updates actually have all the chips/modules needed or is this Ford preparing to ship vehicles to dealers that will sit at dealers waiting chips?

Just joined....first post.....

I ordered a 22’ F350 Lariat Value CC LB FX4 on 6/28   X plan pricing  no Vin assigned, no scheduled build week or day. 

I am now thinking about upgrading to Lariat Ultimate. If I make this change to the order will I go to the back of the line? Or will my place in line stay the same? Seems like the higher trim levels are getting scheduled sooner than the lower end which is part of the reason I’m considering making the change. 

1 hour ago, harmacist said:

Just curious if anyone knows but I’ve been surfing through some of the tracking posts for cyberdman, when he has made assumptions to people that he believes their vehicles are waiting on chips his updates are that the vehicle is still in production. Does anyone know if all these super duties getting “built” and “awaiting shipment” updates actually have all the chips/modules needed or is this Ford preparing to ship vehicles to dealers that will sit at dealers waiting chips?

The '22 trucks that are built and awaiting shipment, or shipped already are complete.

In regards to the tracking thread by Ford employee, you can get the EXACT information from your dealer, without all the "rules", conjecture, and in a more timely manner.

Edited by Tncdrew

20 minutes ago, Tncdrew said:

The '22 trucks that are built and awaiting shipment, or shipped already are complete.

In regards to the tracking thread by Ford employee, you can het the EXACT information from your dealer, without all the "rules", conjecture, and in a more timely manner.

So I actually text my dealer today for an update because the online tracker shows built, he informed me that it states "awaiting shipment". Now I'm not sure if its because of his limited view being his dealership only while this forum is international with Canadian buyers but he stated he wouldn't get too excited thinking it may be needing a chip. The reason I was looking at the vehicle locator thread was to see at what point in the process it stalled at while awaiting chips, was it "production" or did ford just move them to "built" and let it sit while waiting on chips. The reason for asking is in another thread titled chip update ice-capades said he spoke with his VP/GM and his dealership has signed up to receive vehicles from Ford then install the chips at the dealership level when they become available I'm guessing to get vehicles on lots as well as ford running out of storage places for incomplete vehicles. It seemed like vehicles were stalling in the "in production" status due to cyberdman's posts but just wondering if they're now just marking them as built and shipping them out to be completed at a later date or if they will still leave vehicles that are not complete in the "in production" state until they are by definition actually complete.

30 minutes ago, Tncdrew said:

In regards to the tracking thread by Ford employee, you can het the EXACT information from your dealer, without all the "rules", conjecture, and in a more timely manner.

I wish that was true for my dealer. I try to get info from them and get told its too early, and that "Ford will email me with updates" and to just wait for that. That's after waiting a couple days for them to respond to my requests in the first place. They did give me a good price on my order, but still wishing I picked a different dealer to go with. I don't want to start this process over now so...just going to wait it out as best I can knowing I'm not alone in this heh.

• Like 1

I've been pretty paranoid about my dealer not having the COVP. I had been hesitant to reach out because any time I do  the answers are really short, which makes it feel like I am bother them. Finally reached out yesterday to confirm they actually submitted the COVP. Dealer confirmed, even though I doubt they actually verified.

Fast forward to today. Receive a text message from my dealer letting me know they were missing a copy of my ID. Long story short. Make sure that COVP actually verified. 

Also, for whatever it's worth, they said Ford reached out to them and they are trying to schedule as many orders as possible in the coming days. 

18 minutes ago, harmacist said:

So I actually text my dealer today for an update because the online tracker shows built, he informed me that it states "awaiting shipment". Now I'm not sure if its because of his limited view being his dealership only while this forum is international with Canadian buyers but he stated he wouldn't get too excited thinking it may be needing a chip. The reason I was looking at the vehicle locator thread was to see at what point in the process it stalled at while awaiting chips, was it "production" or did ford just move them to "built" and let it sit while waiting on chips. The reason for asking is in another thread titled chip update ice-capades said he spoke with his VP/GM and his dealership has signed up to receive vehicles from Ford then install the chips at the dealership level when they become available I'm guessing to get vehicles on lots as well as ford running out of storage places for incomplete vehicles. It seemed like vehicles were stalling in the "in production" status due to cyberdman's posts but just wondering if they're now just marking them as built and shipping them out to be completed at a later date or if they will still leave vehicles that are not complete in the "in production" state until they are by definition actually complete.

Sorry, don't know what to tell you regarding your truck. It's likely completed and awaiting shipment like mine. My truck rolled off the line Monday and was immediately taken offsite to have the mudflaps and wheel well liners installed. Like spray in bed liners and hitches, etc., these item are not installed on the assembly line. The truck has been released, and is now awaiting a transport truck for the short 3hr drive to my dealer. My ETA for arrival at the dealer is 8/2 (at the latest). I plan on driving the truck home late next week or early the next.

My truck had zero commodity issues.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tncdrew said:

Sorry, don't know what to tell you regarding your truck. It's likely completed and awaiting shipment like mine. My truck rolled off the line Monday and was immediately taken offsite to have the mudflaps and wheel well liners installed. Like spray in bed liners and hitches, etc., these item are not installed on the assembly line. The truck has been released, and is now awaiting a transport truck for the short 3hr drive to my dealer. My ETA for arrival at the dealer is 8/2 (at the latest). I plan on driving the truck home late next week or early the next.

My truck had zero commodity issues.

Dang I’m 4 hours away from the plant and my estimated date online is 8/16. Be nice to get it sooner