2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Is there any way to track it after it gets to its destination by rail? I used the csx tracker after finding out my rail car # from my dealership and it says it has reached its destination. Im assuming it will be loaded on a truck from the railway and delivered to my dealership. Has anyone been able to track that progress?

31 minutes ago, Tremordreaming said:

Is there any way to track it after it gets to its destination by rail? I used the csx tracker after finding out my rail car # from my dealership and it says it has reached its destination. Im assuming it will be loaded on a truck from the railway and delivered to my dealership. Has anyone been able to track that progress?

Once it arrives at the final rail destination it has to be unloaded from the rail car and transferred to the car carrier company's database for dispatch. The car carrier firms know in advance what vehicles are in transit for them to haul. Once the vehicle arrives, it's dispatched and assigned to a load on a carrier for delivery to the dealership. Vehicles are usually at the ramp for an average of 3 days before being loaded on carriers for delivery but that time can vary depending on how long it takes to fill a load with vehicles headed to dealerships in the same general area. The carrier firms send dealerships a "Pre-Delivery Notice" of vehicles being loaded for delivery which is within 24 hours of the notice. Most often, the vehicle will be delivered within hours of the "Pre-Delivery Notice". As such, there's really no tracking to be done once the vehicle arrives at the Ramp. 

• Like 4

I placed my order for a 2022 King Ranch F-350 on May 5th and received an email last week that my truck was scheduled to be built the week of August 2nd. I have been religiously checking for a window sticker and today it was available. I’m not an expert at decoding window stickers but was my truck built early? I see 7/29/21 throughout the window sticker 

windowsticker.pdf

11 hours ago, kws_tremor said:

What dealership did you order from? I ordered from Team Ford in Vegas on 4/15. No update since ordering. 

Lariat Ultimate, F250, 6.7, Tremor, Carbonized Grey, Black package, power running boards, etc. 

I ordered from Friendly Ford. I'm dealing with the person who does all the stock/retail ordering for that dealership. Here is where I posted the timeline of my order including window sticker of everything I ordered. Hope it helps....

1 hour ago, PSUcivil13 said:

I placed my order for a 2022 King Ranch F-350 on May 5th and received an email last week that my truck was scheduled to be built the week of August 2nd. I have been religiously checking for a window sticker and today it was available. I’m not an expert at decoding window stickers but was my truck built early? I see 7/29/21 throughout the window sticker 

windowsticker.pdf

I THINK the date on the bottom of window sticker is when it was created. 

1 hour ago, PSUcivil13 said:

windowsticker.pdf

The 07/29/2021 date at the bottom is the date that the Window Sticker was viewed. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PSUcivil13 said:

Thank you! Is there a place on the window sticker that shows the build date? 

No. The other date (07/28/2021) on the Window Sticker is the date reported that the status was changed to "Sent to Plant" and the order considered to be "In Production".

I just received my window sticker and my F350 XLT CC LB with a premium package is in shipment. The window sticker says the productivity screen is only 4.2”. It clearly stated that it was 8” when I ordered the truck in may. 
anybody else with an XLT have this discrepancy?

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Once it arrives at the final rail destination it has to be unloaded from the rail car and transferred to the car carrier company's database for dispatch. The car carrier firms know in advance what vehicles are in transit for them to haul. Once the vehicle arrives, it's dispatched and assigned to a load on a carrier for delivery to the dealership. Vehicles are usually at the ramp for an average of 3 days before being loaded on carriers for delivery but that time can vary depending on how long it takes to fill a load with vehicles headed to dealerships in the same general area. The carrier firms send dealerships a "Pre-Delivery Notice" of vehicles being loaded for delivery which is within 24 hours of the notice. Most often, the vehicle will be delivered within hours of the "Pre-Delivery Notice". As such, there's really no tracking to be done once the vehicle arrives at the Ramp. 

this all matches what I’ve experienced so far other than the average of 3 days. I feel like now days with the vehicle shortage in general that timeframe could vary wildly due to the amount of time it will take to fill a transport truck. Mine has been sitting on a ramp 3 hours away since 7/24 and hasn’t moved and apparently Ford doesn’t expect it to move soon cause my estimated delivery is 8/10-8/16. Either way I’m glad mine has already shipped just don’t hold your breath when it updates to shipped. Some have already been delivered in less than 3 days after having updated to shipped while they estimate 3 weeks for mine. Just as a side note my dealership is only 280 miles from the plant and dealer states under normal circumstances their super duties come next day via truck. Window sticker also says convoy. It’s anyone’s guess as to these shipping methods right now.

Edited by harmacist

9 minutes ago, Moller said:

I just received my window sticker and my F350 XLT CC LB with a premium package is in shipment. The window sticker says the productivity screen is only 4.2”. It clearly stated that it was 8” when I ordered the truck in may. 
anybody else with an XLT have this discrepancy?

Thanks in advance. 

Productivity screen is the one in the drivers side instrument display. You need to look under “functional”

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, harmacist said:

.... Just as a side note my dealership is only 280 miles from the plant and dealer states under normal circumstances their super duties come next day vial truck. Window sticker also says convoy. It’s anyone’s guess as to these shipping methods right now.

Mine started  out with 18 to 28 days shipping by rail.  Took 5 days just to go 130 to Indiana... now it's on the move to Missouri.  I am hoping things pick up the pace but then again it's down to 10 to 20 days now.  Six months without a truck has been hard.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, harmacist said:

this all matches what I’ve experienced so far other than the average of 3 days. I feel like now days with the vehicle shortage in general that timeframe could vary wildly due to the amount of time it will take to fill a transport truck. Mine has been sitting on a ramp 3 hours away since 7/24 and hasn’t moved and apparently Ford doesn’t expect it to move soon cause my estimated delivery is 8/10-8/16. Either way I’m glad mine has already shipped just don’t hold your breath when it updates to shipped. Some have already been delivered in less than 3 days after having updated to shipped while they estimate 3 weeks for mine. Just as a side note my dealership is only 280 miles from the plant and dealer states under normal circumstances their super duties come next day via truck. Window sticker also says convoy. It’s anyone’s guess as to these shipping methods right now.

My salesperson mentioned picking it up from the final ramp to speed things along. May see if that’s an option

Here are the details of my order:

F-350 SRW CC Lariat Tremor 6.7L

- Lariat Ultimate Package

- Tremor Package

- Black Appearance Package

- 6.7L Diesel

- Preferred Equipment Package 618A

- Rapid Supplemental Heater

- Adaptive Cruise Control

- 5th Wheel Prep Package

- Roof Clearance Lights

- Upfitter Switches

- 397 Amp Alternator

- Universal Garage Door

- Heated Rear Seat

- Spray In Bedliner

- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers and Heated Steering Wheel

Order Date: 4/13/2021

Ordered From: West-Herr Ford, Amherst, NY (Buffalo, NY Area)

VIN #: 1FT8W3BT7NECxxxxx issued on 6/24/2021 from Ford Marketing 

Order Scheduled: Week of Aug. 9, 2021 as of 6/25/2021 provided by Dealer

Build Date Scheduled: Day of Aug. 12th, 2021 as of 7/16/2021 provided by Dealer

In Production: As of 8/5/2021 according to Fords Order Tracking Website

Window Sticker: Available as of 8/5/2021

Build Date: 8/13/2021

Edited by F350Mike
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, CCS103 said:

Hello, 

I have just received the COVP number from the dealer on my 7-3-21 order. So... now, can I track my order, if so where? I'm guessing there is a web page. I have searched but not much luck. 

Thanks 

Once your truck is scheduled you will get a vin number and can track in on fords website with that. 

Until you have a vin you need to rely on your dealer or cyberdman in the Vehicle tracking page on this forum.

Currently they arent doing any more scheduling until August 12th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattdm said:

Once your truck is scheduled you will get a vin number and can track in on fords website with that. 

Until you have a vin you need to rely on your dealer or cyberdman in the Vehicle tracking page on this forum.

Currently they arent doing any more scheduling until August 12th.

Thank you! 

I think most of us are just a bunch of kids waiting for Christmas! 

Every tidbit of info just helps to build the anticipation. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, frankpz25 said:

I ordered from Friendly Ford. I'm dealing with the person who does all the stock/retail ordering for that dealership. Here is where I posted the timeline of my order including window sticker of everything I ordered. Hope it helps....

Appreciate the response. Great information. I think my dealership dropped the ball and didn’t complete the COVPs. Pretty sure my order would have been scheduled a month ago. 

Edited by kws_tremor

Congrats to all those scheduled and receiving trucks!

Curious if anyone in the greater WA state area are getting scheduled? Placed an order the day after order banks opened and its been stuck unschedule-clean since.. it's maddening seeing so many scheduled way after I placed my order. 

Lakewood Ford

2022 F350 6.7 Tremor Star White Loaded

Priority 10, x-plan

Order placed at dealer 3/16/21

Ford confirmation 3/26/21