2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

19 minutes ago, bigfrank59 said:

did you do it through your dealer or ford marketing ?

Dealer.  There’s a difference in price so your dealer needs to generate a new build sheet…gotta make sure they keep it under the same order number

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bigfrank59 said:

Question. If I ordered a 250 and wanted to now change it to a 350 would they have to cancel out my current order and replace it ? I do not have a scheduled production date or vin yet.

I ordered my 250 last week and stopped at my dealer yesterday (they had some 350's) and he told me they cannot sell any of the F350 MY22's because of a recall and it wasn't chip related..... he could not give me an explanation of the recall and recommended I keep my Ford order. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kbawi said:

I ordered my 250 last week and stopped at my dealer yesterday (they had some 350's) and he told me they cannot sell any of the F350 MY22's because of a recall and it wasn't chip related..... he could not give me an explanation of the recall and recommended I keep my Ford order. 

Sounds like the axle recall. If I'm not mistaken, it only affects 6.7L 350's for the time being.

Edited by chadstickpoindexter

9 hours ago, Radio said:

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of production at KTP or OHAP? As in how many shifts are running now?

KTP Super Duty production was down week of 7/12. The past 3wks have been a rotation of 2 crews running, 1 laid off. Full production resumes 8/9. Per Building Chairman's report, no further down time is currently being discussed.

• Like 2

I had a new pool installed this spring, since I ordered it last year (July of 2020) I was one of the first on the list to get the pool nstalled as soon as the temperature raised up enough for the installers to do so. Well they did not do a good job, they got the pump plumbed backwards, the top rails were not aligned right, all the LED lighting around was wired wrong ect ect.

I called and asked how can somebody that does this for a living screw ALL that up. The reply was well they've been off all winter and have to relearn the process. (I feel sorry for the absolute first customer they had)

I'm really hoping this is not the case with these trucks coming out, guys forgetting all the little tricks and procedures to make a better end product.

I know in my line of work, elevators, if some crews have not installed one kind of elevator in a long time the first several installs turn out to be a service nightmare for the following 6 months. 

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

10 hours ago, bigfrank59 said:

Question. If I ordered a 250 and wanted to now change it to a 350 would they have to cancel out my current order and replace it ? I do not have a scheduled production date or vin yet.

If your original order had been scheduled already, it would have required the Dealer to submit a new retail order as you can't change the Body Code on a scheduled order. With the original order still being unscheduled, the Dealer can change the Body Code to from an F-250 > F-350 in WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering System) but I'm not sure if it changes the original order date. They'd have to keep the same order number.    

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

On 7/29/2021 at 4:11 PM, F350Mike said:

Here are the details of my order:

F-350 SRW CC Lariat Tremor 6.7L

- Lariat Ultimate Package

- Tremor Package

- Black Appearance Package

- 6.7L Diesel

- Preferred Equipment Package 618A

- Rapid Supplemental Heater

- Adaptive Cruise Control

- 5th Wheel Prep Package

- Roof Clearance Lights

- Upfitter Switches

- 397 Amp Alternator

- Universal Garage Door

- Heated Rear Seat

- Spray In Bedliner

- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers and Heated Steering Wheel

Order Date: 4/13/2021

Ordered From: West-Herr Ford, Amherst, NY (Buffalo, NY Area)

VIN #: 1FT8W3BT7NECxxxxx issued on 6/24/2021 from Ford Marketing 

Order Scheduled: Week of Aug. 9, 2021 as of 6/25/2021 provided by Dealer

Build Date Scheduled: Day of Aug. 12th, 2021 as of 7/16/2021 provided by Dealer

In Production: As of 8/5/2021 according to Fords Order Tracking Website

Window Sticker: Available as of 8/5/2021

Updated my original post as of today my truck has gone into production on Ford's Order Tracking site. Window Sticker was also available for download.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DYY said:

Updated today!!

image.thumb.png.8f59a716da6fe9144c8b8e04d11692ca.png

Same here, mine just went to in production. No window sticker yet, but I’m sure it will pop up soon enough. Build date was 8/9 according to an email on 7/20. 

Edited by Ski-Bum
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, 22F450KR said:

Does anyone know if the Ohio plant is building 22 Super Duties also and if so do they also build the 450s?

F250's, F350's, F450's, Expeditions, and Navigators are made in Kentucky.  I believe Chasis Cabs, 650's, 750's, etc are made in Ohio.  

Edited by mitch8628
  • Like 3

Went to the dealer today and ordered my F250 Lariat, 4x4, CC, Star White, Ultimate and Chrome package. The dealer knew all about the COVP. Entered my info while sitting there. Will see how the communication goes over the next few months, but so far I'm happy with the process.  Should be a nice Christmas present! ? Thank you everyone on here for all the information. It made my options choices easier with all the information and ideas on here. For now I'll keep dreaming of my truck watching everyone get their truck. 

53 minutes ago, JZahn said:

Went to the dealer today and ordered my F250 Lariat, 4x4, CC, Star White, Ultimate and Chrome package. The dealer knew all about the COVP. Entered my info while sitting there. Will see how the communication goes over the next few months, but so far I'm happy with the process.  Should be a nice Christmas present! ? Thank you everyone on here for all the information. It made my options choices easier with all the information and ideas on here. For now I'll keep dreaming of my truck watching everyone get their truck. 

Star White is a great color.  I ordered mine last week in Carbonized Grey (fits me well!) with the FX4 package and other stuff (6.7). The dealer told me to expect build around Halloween. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BikerNM said:

My truck shipped a week ago. The dealer has pulled the Vehicle Visibility Report twice, and the rail car # is not there.

Anyone know how to get the rail car # other than the VVR?

Thanks

I don't think I've ever seen the Rail Car # not show on the Vehicle Visibility report. I've included a sample report for you so that you can see what the report looks like. The rail car information is listed right after the vehicle is released and loaded on the rail car. Depending on the distance, intermediate stops and the number or rail carriers it travels on, the Rail Car # may only be listed one or two times. Hope this helps. The Dealer may have to look at the "Full Table" in the Vehicle Visibility report if there are a lot of update listings for the vehicle in transit. 

Vehicle Visibility_Report Sample.pdf

Edited by ice-capades

29 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I don't think I've ever seen the Rail Car # not show on the Vehicle Visibility report. I've included a sample report for you so that you can see what the report looks like. The rail car information is listed right after the vehicle is released and loaded on the rail car. Depending on the distance, intermediate stops and the number or rail carriers it travels on, the Rail Car # may only be listed one or two times. Hope this helps. The Dealer may have to look at the "Full Table" in the Vehicle Visibility report if there are a lot of update listings for the vehicle in transit. 

Vehicle Visibility_Report Sample.pdf

Thanks Ice.  You are right, the dealer didn't pull the VVR until 4 days after it shipped, he said it normally shows up in the Secondary field (I think I attached my report).  So the "Full Table" selection is a way for him to see it later in the  proces?

image.thumb.png.d7702d62585f9d1a8aab9ec2ca5bfa24.png

14 minutes ago, BikerNM said:

Thanks Ice.  You are right, the dealer didn't pull the VVR until 4 days after it shipped, he said it normally shows up in the Secondary field (I think I attached my report).  So the "Full Table" selection is a way for him to see it later in the  proces?

image.thumb.png.d7702d62585f9d1a8aab9ec2ca5bfa24.png

The "Full Table" option will show the Dealer the rail car number earlier in the report... right above the line showing that the vehicle was released for shipping and loaded on the rail car. The report lists the most recent information at the top. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

28 minutes ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

So, if Ford hasn't been scheduling vehicles for the last couple of weeks, and won't until 8/12, how are folks getting scheduled now?

These trucks were scheduled in early July to be built now.  They are going into production. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The "Full Table" option will show the Dealer the rail car number earlier in the report... right above the line showing that the vehicle was released for shipping and loaded on the rail car. The report lists the most recent information at the top. 

Thanks Ice!

4 hours ago, BikerNM said:

My truck shipped a week ago. The dealer has pulled the Vehicle Visibility Report twice, and the rail car # is not there.

Anyone know how to get the rail car # other than the VVR?

Thanks

Hope it wasn't on this train.

HUNTINGTON, Mo.– Service has been restored to a Norfolk Southern route in northeast Missouri after a train derailment involving 33 cars Monday. Many of the train cars were carrying new automobiles.

The route that is about 15 miles from Hannibal, Missouri was closed for about 2 days. A nearby road was shut down as well. Minor delays could still occur as work is being done to fix the signal and track in the area.

The Missouri Highway Patrol says it is unclear what caused the derailment and there was no hazmat situation.

The Drive is reporting the wrecked vehicles shown in a Facebook video appear to be F-150s and Transit vans. The site also says it is likely they were being transported from the Ford Assembly Plant in the Kansas City area.

Edited by ice-capades
Format