2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Can anyone explain to me what the priority code numbers mean?  I ordered a 2022 F250 ccsb lariat diesel on march 16th 2021 and still have no scheduled build date and am getting no answer from the dealer.  Has a priority code 80 on the order sheet, I don't think that is good for me tho

30 minutes ago, Bmess said:

Can anyone explain to me what the priority code numbers mean?  I ordered a 2022 F250 ccsb lariat diesel on march 16th 2021 and still have no scheduled build date and am getting no answer from the dealer.  Has a priority code 80 on the order sheet, I don't think that is good for me tho

Priority Codes 1-9 are VIP codes and good luck getting one of these... as I understand it, there has to have been some issues and these are assigned from way up the chain.

Priority codes 10-19 are retail, and for those of us ordering, we should fall in this range. The system defaults to 19, but the dealer can go in and change it all the way down to 10. 

Priority codes 20-99 are stock orders. These are codes that are assigned to the vehicles that the dealers are ordering to stock their lots with.

Ideally, when you place an order, you would be assigned 10-19. It's basically a virtual line... One week Ford will tell your dealership that they can build XX amounts of whatevers, so they start with the lowest code numbers. Then, the next week Ford tells the dealership they can take more so they pick up where they left off... Also, know that the numbers only make a difference at the dealership level, once they get picked up by Ford, your priority code has no meaning. So, if we both had orders at the same dealership, but I was a 10 and you were an 11, Ford would pick up my order first, then yours second, and so on...

Despite all of this, Ford rolled out the COVP program in June... I don't quite know if it bypasses the old way, or if it works together, but you will definitely need to make sure that your dealer has ran your order through the COVP and it has been approved. Besides this, talk to your dealer and ask him to change your priority code to something at least between 10-19, and preferably 10. Otherwise, if you keep it at 80, your order won't be picked up until all retail orders have been picked up at that dealership. 

There's lots of reading on this in these pages, and I'm sure someone will come in and correct my understanding of it... either way, get the code changed to something lower, and make sure you have been approved in the COVP and then get ready to have your mind blown as to how Ford is selecting what to make when! You may end up waiting 4 days, or you may end up waiting for months on end... lol...

Edited by chadstickpoindexter
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bmess said:

Lots and lots and lots of that info already here. Have you tried to search existing posts in your investigation?

Short answer is, you will prob never see that truck. Priority code 80 is for Dealer Stock Orders and those aren’t even being built yet as retail orders have priority. You should have a Retail Order. The appropriate priority code should be 10-19.

Try searching for addl info, Ice-Capades has published huge amounts of info on the topic. One more question like this and he may loose his mind, lol.

hope that helps

2 hours ago, Bmess said:

Also you might be between 10-19 when my order was done my original order sheet said 80 but it was in fact a 19.  The system automatically puts it as a 80 code and dealer changes it once you actually order is how it was explained to me.  

53 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

Also you might be between 10-19 when my order was done my original order sheet said 80 but it was in fact a 19.  The system automatically puts it as a 80 code and dealer changes it once you actually order is how it was explained to me.  

A retail order should default to 19.

15 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Priority Codes 1-9 are VIP codes and good luck getting one of these... as I understand it, there has to have been some issues and these are assigned from way up the chain.

Priority codes 10-19 are retail, and for those of us ordering, we should fall in this range. The system defaults to 19, but the dealer can go in and change it all the way down to 10. 

Priority codes 20-99 are stock orders. These are codes that are assigned to the vehicles that the dealers are ordering to stock their lots with.

Ideally, when you place an order, you would be assigned 10-19. It's basically a virtual line... One week Ford will tell your dealership that they can build XX amounts of whatevers, so they start with the lowest code numbers. Then, the next week Ford tells the dealership they can take more so they pick up where they left off... Also, know that the numbers only make a difference at the dealership level, once they get picked up by Ford, your priority code has no meaning. So, if we both had orders at the same dealership, but I was a 10 and you were an 11, Ford would pick up my order first, then yours second, and so on...

Despite all of this, Ford rolled out the COVP program in June... I don't quite know if it bypasses the old way, or if it works together, but you will definitely need to make sure that your dealer has ran your order through the COVP and it has been approved. Besides this, talk to your dealer and ask him to change your priority code to something at least between 10-19, and preferably 10. Otherwise, if you keep it at 80, your order won't be picked up until all retail orders have been picked up at that dealership. 

There's lots of reading on this in these pages, and I'm sure someone will come in and correct my understanding of it... either way, get the code changed to something lower, and make sure you have been approved in the COVP and then get ready to have your mind blown as to how Ford is selecting what to make when! You may end up waiting 4 days, or you may end up waiting for months on end... lol...

I understand that you're trying to help but please don't provide inaccurate or incorrect information on topics that you know little about. 

Edited by ice-capades

On 8/6/2021 at 4:06 PM, Rlambert said:

I’ve got one better than that. I used the order number and dealer code that I got from the vehicle order confirmation sheet I had to sign and started tracking that truck thru the build and shipping and come to find out the sales person had given me the in correct order number, I am now waiting on a vin # since 5/11

I don’t know why good customer service is virtually non existent now.  It took me over a week to get them to email me my build sheet with order number etc.  It’s a fight getting any updates.  Mine is a replacement for my 19 F350 that’s been sitting dead as a lot ornament on the front side of dealership since March.  I would think they would be a bit better with updates, or at least checking in saying no new info available.  
Have you gotten your correct order number and called marketing? Honestly, calling them has been the most reliable source of info for me, as the sales manager returns calls whenever he feels like it, and I can’t just walk in as they are 3 hours away.  

15 hours ago, Bmess said:

Priority codes are assigned to prioritize the order in which vehicle orders are reviewed for scheduling. Priority codes 20-80 are for Dealer Stock Orders and a 99 code means "Do NOT Schedule". Retail order priority codes are 10-19. The WBDO (Web Base Dealer Ordering) system assigns code 19 by default for retail orders requiring Dealers to manually assign a lower code if desired. Orders must have a "Clean/Unscheduled" status and comply with any commodity restraints/restrictions in place at the time the order is reviewed prior to scheduling. Priority codes 01-09 are for Ford Motor Company use with the most common "01" priority code assigned by the Ford regional offices.  

Dealers go through a monthly "Wholesale" process to establish allocation for vehicle scheduling. Vehicle orders are not scheduled unless the Dealer has allocation for that scheduling period. Retail orders, as of 06/08/2021, can be submitted to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) with a copy of the customer's Driver's License and signed Buyer's Order. Once verified, the order qualifies for incremental allocation and expedited scheduling.

Vehicle priority codes and allocation is exclusive to each dealership and independent from that of any other dealership.

Ford generates suggested stock orders (SIMS Orders) for vehicles lines that a dealership has scheduling allocation for. Dealers can accept or amend those orders, including changing the priority codes, or submit new orders to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). By default, all SIMS orders are assigned priority code 80.     

13 hours ago, Stanggt24 said:

Priority code 80 is the default for Dealer Stock orders only. 

Anybody aware of a way to get the rail car info BESIDES going to my dealer?  I know that should be my best source of info, but its not.  Last time I asked my dealer for an update which was after I found out a VIN had been assigned from Ford Marketing, they told me my truck was scheduled to be built the end of September, first of October.  A few days later I got an email from Ford with a build week of July 26 and then a tracking update from this site with a build day of 7/31. When I first asked about the VVR they didnt know what it was.  Obviously the sales manager at my dealer is clueless.  I dont think they ever figured out how to look it up they just made up the end of September date to tell me something that was a wild guess.  That wrong update is the only communication I have gotten since ordering and I had to ask 3 times to get that bad info.

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I understand that you're trying to help but please don't provide inaccurate or incorrect information on topics that you know little about. 

Forgive me, but the explanation you provided is the same thing I stated. But I digress… I apologize for trying to offer help. 

Edited by chadstickpoindexter

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Last I checked these were the Blue Oval FORUMS, not the ice-capades soap box. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Forgive m,e but the explanation you provided is the same thing I stated. But I digress… I apologize for trying to offer help. 

Yes, some of your information was correct in a general sense but what you stated about Ford allocating vehicles on a weekly basis is completely wrong. Allocation schedules are done on a monthly basis and Dealers are provided with the allocation schedule for the month showing the allocation assigned for each week during the scheduling period. The allocation is determined and assigned on a monthly basis and Ford does not revise allocation on a weekly basis. Once the allocation schedule is done it's fixed and does not change. 

53 minutes ago, ScotNH said:

Last I checked these were the Blue Oval FORUMS, not the ice-capades soap box. 

It's not a soap box but it's important that information provided is accurate. Many times, a poster tries to answer a question or provides information based on their interpretation or understanding. There are times when subtle details in the priority codes, allocation and scheduling matters are omitted which make a difference in when or how an order will get scheduled. The process is complex with a lot of variables and unfortunately, many Dealers do not know how to use the tools available to them, can't be bothered or are too ignorant. There are a lot more factors in place this past year affecting vehicle scheduling and some of Ford's actions have actually made the process more involved and difficult. So, if I jump in to provide information it's to clarify information that may be otherwise misunderstood or misinterpreted. After 35 years managing Stock, Retail, Plan and Fleet orders I know the system and how to make it work better than the majority of Dealers. Enough said.      

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It's not a soap box but it's important that information provided is accurate. Many times, a poster tries to answer a question or provides information based on their interpretation or understanding. There are times when subtle details in the priority codes, allocation and scheduling matters are omitted which make a difference in when or how an order will get scheduled. The process is complex with a lot of variables and unfortunately, many Dealers do not know how to use the tools available to them, can't be bothered or are too ignorant. There are a lot more factors in place this past year affecting vehicle scheduling and some of Ford's actions have actually made the process more involved and difficult. So, if I jump in to provide information it's to clarify information that may be otherwise misunderstood or misinterpreted. After 35 years managing Stock, Retail, Plan and Fleet orders I know the system and how to make it work better than the majority of Dealers. Enough said.      

Jumping in to provide accurate information is great. Telling people to shut up because they don’t have 35 years of experience pretty much kills any attempt by other users to interact with the rest of the community,

• Like 1

Ice,

I for one appreciate all the help you have provided me and all the time you have spent in the forum.

I didn't realize that Ford only did allocation scheduling once a month.  How does that interact with vehicle build scheduling, which if I recall is generally done once a week?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ScotNH said:

Jumping in to provide accurate information is great. Telling people to shut up because they don’t have 35 years of experience pretty much kills any attempt by other users to interact with the rest of the community,

I've said all I'm going to say. Now knock it off!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, aboyles2002 said:

Dang guys, back off just a little...ice-capades has a lot of valuable info and is just trying to make sure mis-information doesnt get spread around.

He can do that by providing accurate information and pointing out where people are wrong, rather than belittling (“topics that you know little about.”) other people trying to help.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Priority code 80 is the default for Dealer Stock orders only. 

Yes when my order was built at dealer they wrote it up before I accepted it as 80 I will link a copy of original order but after it was signed it was changed to a 19 code.  Also know I ordered 3/18 and at that time they were using 21 pricing which I’m sure u know !!!! 

2019B2A7-9DB4-4355-BC2E-0C56910D6AFA.jpeg

7 minutes ago, road turtle said:

Ice,

I for one appreciate all the help you have provided me and all the time you have spent in the forum.

I didn't realize that Ford only did allocation scheduling once a month.  How does that interact with vehicle build scheduling, which if I recall is generally done once a week?

The allocation plan is done once a month except at the beginning of the Model Year which is a 2-month allocation called "System Fill" and the 2-month allocation at the end of the Model Year for "Balance Out". Once Ford and the Dealer agree to the allocation numbers for each vehicle line, the allocation is spread out over the number of weeks in the upcoming scheduling period. The Weekly Allocation Report is then generated and available to Dealers showing the allocation for every week in the scheduling report. It does not get changed or updated afterwards. 

Regular vehicle order scheduling requires allocation but the process is complicated with the new COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) due to Ford's lack of communication with Dealers since the COVP was expanded on 06/08/2021. Retail orders verified through COVP qualify for incremental allocation and expedited/priority scheduling but Ford has not told its Dealers anything about the extent that the COVP is being utilized.