2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

14 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

Yes when my order was built at dealer they wrote it up before I accepted it as 80 I will link a copy of original order but after it was signed it was changed to a 19 code.  Also know I ordered 3/18 and at that time they were using 21 pricing which I’m sure u know !!!! 

2019B2A7-9DB4-4355-BC2E-0C56910D6AFA.jpeg

Too many Dealers do the same thing. The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system allows Dealers to configure retail orders, assign a priority code, attach the customer's e-mail address and then save the retail order in WBDO without submitting the order to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). Then when the retail order is reviewed with the customer and any necessary changes made to specifications all the Dealer has to do is submit the order. Instead, many work with a stock order format and then miss important steps (Assigning a retail priority code) or information (Customer's e-mail address) that they then have to correct after the customer starts asking questions about why they haven't gotten e-mail confirmations, etc. from Ford. The attention to detail saves a lot of time in the long run and makes for a better and satisfied customer relationship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, road turtle said:

My salesman knew nothing about COVP, and the original order was placed in March.  I have not followed up with sales manager on COVP.  I see my status is still unallocated clean, is there something in COVP that I should follow-up on?

The sales manager should be able to confirm that your order was verified by COVP and give you a copy of the COVP approval. 

There are many, many of us that don't know most of the info that is put on this forum by folks like ice-capades and Cyberdman and others. They give their time to do this so PLEASE don't blow it for the rest of us by arguing with them over their replies. Most, if not all appreciate the info they give out.  Yes, alot of you guys know much of this stuff also but I view them (ice and cyberd) as somewhat of "authorities" on Ford. Thank you!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

You all need to understand that we normally get one or two questions about allocation and scheduling per month.  Thanks to what I presume was someone posting a link on a superduty forum we suddenly had 15-20 new people asking questions left and right and sometimes the same questions over and over.  This one topic is already 53 pages.   ice-capades goes to great lengths to put a lot of very accurate and very detailed information out there so it’s a little irritating when misinformation gets posted that has to be corrected.  Same for cyberdman.  Cut them some slack considering nobody gets paid for this.

If you don’t like the way the forum is moderated, go find another forum.  We’re not perfect but we try to be fair.  Repeated arguing won’t be tolerated.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm hoping someone can offer some insight into what may be going on with my online order link. Has anyone had this issue?

The email that we all get from Ford confirming our orders was sent to me on the day I placed my order, May 3, 2021. That link no longer works... This is what I get now:
"No webpage was found for the web address: https://m.t.email-ford.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=%407sanUaBpcDo%2Fh4qJDFi7g1wTM%2FWZ3dG4cKeJ0xHICkA%3D"

First I thought It must be related to my PC so I cleared my cache and even tried a different browser. No luck.. So I tried it from another PC, still no luck.

I called my dealer and the best I could get out of them was that they have no idea why it's not working but my order is in the system, so call the corporate customer marketing service line. I called Marketing and they also confirmed that my order appears to be okay, but no VIN assigned yet. My dealer has the "don't call us we'll call you" approach and I've only spoken to them 3 times since May. It's not like I'm the problem customer.

This link should work and someone in the corporate structure has their finger on the button to fix it. I just can't seem to get anyone to take ownership of the problem and fix it.

Any feedback/suggestions are appreciated.

1 hour ago, DwightVA said:

I'm hoping someone can offer some insight into what may be going on with my online order link. Has anyone had this issue?

The email that we all get from Ford confirming our orders was sent to me on the day I placed my order, May 3, 2021. That link no longer works... This is what I get now:
"No webpage was found for the web address: https://m.t.email-ford.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=%407sanUaBpcDo%2Fh4qJDFi7g1wTM%2FWZ3dG4cKeJ0xHICkA%3D"

First I thought It must be related to my PC so I cleared my cache and even tried a different browser. No luck.. So I tried it from another PC, still no luck.

I called my dealer and the best I could get out of them was that they have no idea why it's not working but my order is in the system, so call the corporate customer marketing service line. I called Marketing and they also confirmed that my order appears to be okay, but no VIN assigned yet. My dealer has the "don't call us we'll call you" approach and I've only spoken to them 3 times since May. It's not like I'm the problem customer.

This link should work and someone in the corporate structure has their finger on the button to fix it. I just can't seem to get anyone to take ownership of the problem and fix it.

My link on Ford.com does the same thing to my order when I try to get a update and my dealer must be the same because damn I guess I’m bothering them when I call.  I’m only buying a f350 platinum that’s msrp is $76000 or so I mean I’m buying a matchbox truck is how I feel I’m being treated.  Fir the longest time it would say Null in top left corner but now it says nothing g and it’s very frustrating since I have been waiting since 3/18. I did remove adaptive steering 2 weeks ago hopefully it gets scheduled this week but from what Ice-capades said earlier they know if my truck will be scheduled this week but are playing dumb since they know each week, how many vehicles will be scheduled this week coming.  I would think they have a count and  a order based on which vehicles can be built due to the shortages  !!! 

5 hours ago, DwightVA said:

That link in the email is not a live tracker, it only takes you to a web version of the email. I am sure it is only set up to be accessed for a certain period. The only way to track on fords website is to have the VIN once assigned. 

• Like 3

Thanks for that feedback. I'm wondering if dropping features from our order had any impact on our order link going bad?  I suppose I have no room to complain since March is quite a bit earlier in the year... I don't have a VIN yet either.

It would be nice if they took the first in first out approach so you wouldn't have to wait so long. If it drags on, maybe consider looking nationwide at existing new inventory to see if you can find a suitable replacement that the dealer can pull in for you? My local dealer in Virginia is getting inventory.

I also ordered an F-350 but mine is the peasant model (XLT)... Or is the XL the peasant model? 4x4 6.7L Diesel. I deleted my Pro Trailer Backup Assist upgrade in an effort to speed things up.

Edited by DwightVA

17 minutes ago, DwightVA said:

Thanks for that feedback. I'm wondering if dropping features from our order had any impact on our order link going bad?  I suppose I have no room to complain since March is quite a bit earlier in the year... I don't have a VIN yet either.

It would be nice if they took the first in first out approach so you wouldn't have to wait so long. If it drags on, maybe consider looking nationwide at existing new inventory to see if you can find a suitable replacement that the dealer can pull in for you? My local dealer in Virginia is getting inventory.

I also ordered an F-350 but mine is the peasant model (XLT)... Or is the XL the peasant model? 4x4 6.7L Diesel. I deleted my Pro Trailer Backup Assist upgrade in an effort to speed things up.

I just deleted the UTT package on my XLT the other day too. I don’t mind losing the PTBA stuff (didn’t really want it anyway), but I really wanted the 360 cameras. Oh well…. 

• Like 1

Just asking I ordered and f250 Lariat with Godzilla 

motor tremor and black appearance package with the UTT Package with the 5th wheel prep package the ultimate lariat package with the spray in liner I am just seeing if any of these options will hold up getting a build date on my truck. Submitted the order 6/22 and the only change I made what the color. Just asking I have also read through most of the post and just seeing if there was anything f i was missing

17 minutes ago, Coynerboyner said:

motor tremor and black appearance package with the UTT Package with the 5th wheel prep package the ultimate lariat package with the spray in liner I am just seeing if any of these options will hold up getting a build date on my truck. Submitted the order 6/22 and the only change I made what the color. Just asking I have also read through most of the post and just seeing if there was anything f i was missing

My status just changed today to "In Production" and I also ordered 6/22.  My dealer provided my VIN to me on 7/30 when they contacted me to get a copy of my driver's license for the order that they didn't ask for originally.

I am not receiving any correspondence from Ford via email as some are.  Only tracking on Ford and Mach tracking sites.  No window sticker yet...

I ordered:

• F250 King Ranch 6.7L CCSB
  • Star White
  • 3.55 Electronic Locking Axle
  • King Ranch Ultimate Pkg
  • Clearance Lights
  • Gooseneck Hitch Kit
  • Chrome Package
  • FX4
  • Wheel Well Liners Front & Rear
  • Heated Rear Seats

45 minutes ago, Coynerboyner said:

just noticed you said you ordered the black appearance pkg. My understanding from previous posts is black appearance pkg orders are not being scheduled/built yet. You should look back through previous posts to confirm this. 

8 minutes ago, jaybird73 said:

just noticed you said you ordered the black appearance pkg. My understanding from previous posts is black appearance pkg orders are not being scheduled/built yet. You should look back through previous posts to confirm this. 

I believe that was only XLT, he said he ordered a lariat. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jaybird73 said:

I ordered a Lariat Tremor with Black Appearance Package and my truck did get scheduled after the XLT announcement. So I do not believe this will impact scheduling of on a Lariat Trim Level.

• Like 1

Hi all, just a quick question. I have been calling around to a couple of dealerships looking for the best deal. Best that I have right now is "quite a bit off MSRP" the higher the price of the vehicle from the place I bought a truck from last year. Others have been MSRP and we will check on X plan. Where I buy the truck from means nothing to me really as I will still have to pay Texas sales tax. I also don't mind getting it shipped. 

Anyways, if anyone has any leads on invoice or close to dealerships please send me a message. Then I can wait and prepare for the winter that is coming lol.

Congrats to all who are getting their trucks!

1 hour ago, JKinTx said:

Hi all, just a quick question. I have been calling around to a couple of dealerships looking for the best deal. Best that I have right now is "quite a bit off MSRP" the higher the price of the vehicle from the place I bought a truck from last year. Others have been MSRP and we will check on X plan. Where I buy the truck from means nothing to me really as I will still have to pay Texas sales tax. I also don't mind getting it shipped. 

Anyways, if anyone has any leads on invoice or close to dealerships please send me a message. Then I can wait and prepare for the winter that is coming lol.

Congrats to all who are getting their trucks!

With the huge shortages in trucks you will be hard pressed to find anyone willing to sell close to invoice. Lots of trucks are selling over MSRP currently. 

2 hours ago, mattdm said:

With the huge shortages in trucks you will be hard pressed to find anyone willing to sell close to invoice. Lots of trucks are selling over MSRP currently. 

Yeah I get that on one if I just stumbled upon one on the lot. However, if I am ordering a car that the dealer isn't paying anything for then MSRP shouldn't be a thing. Considering the CEO of Ford just said he wants more custom orders and do away with incentives then anyone sticking to MSRP on an ordered vehicle that I have to wait months for is just gouging. 

12 minutes ago, JKinTx said:

Yeah I get that on one if I just stumbled upon one on the lot. However, if I am ordering a car that the dealer isn't paying anything for then MSRP shouldn't be a thing. Considering the CEO of Ford just said he wants more custom orders and do away with incentives then anyone sticking to MSRP on an ordered vehicle that I have to wait months for is just gouging. 

But if there are 10 other people also wanting to order a truck and they’re willing to pay MSRP that’s not gouging, that’s good business.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JKinTx said:

At the end of the day every dealer ship is a business looking to make money. If they can sell them for more why would they sell for less.

• Like 2

Dealerships make money on invoice pricing. Like I said, I already have a dealership that is going to come under MSRP, and in fact they are the same dealership that I bought a brand new, 2020 loaded Raptor from for 7100 under MSRP in August of last year when they were hard to find. 

I was just curious is there was anyone who knew of any other dealers. If 10 people are wiling to pay MSRP, then they are the problem. If you order a vehicle you should never, ever pay MSRP. If these are the responses I am being given, then I know what dealership to go with already. Thanks for all the replies and taking the time to do so.

One other questioning the duallys. What is the difference between the tire options on the 350 specifically. Same size tire, just 120 or so bucks difference. Thanks in advance. 

34 minutes ago, JKinTx said:

Dealerships make money on invoice pricing. Like I said, I already have a dealership that is going to come under MSRP, and in fact they are the same dealership that I bought a brand new, 2020 loaded Raptor from for 7100 under MSRP in August of last year when they were hard to find. 

I was just curious is there was anyone who knew of any other dealers. If 10 people are wiling to pay MSRP, then they are the problem. If you order a vehicle you should never, ever pay MSRP. If these are the responses I am being given, then I know what dealership to go with already. Thanks for all the replies and taking the time to do so.

One other questioning the duallys. What is the difference between the tire options on the 350 specifically. Same size tire, just 120 or so bucks difference. Thanks in advance. 

Dealerships make very little on new car sales.  Best Buy makes more on a $3k TV than a dealer does on a $30k Explorer sold at invoice.

Never pay MSRP only applies if the supply is greater than demand and right now demand is far outstripping supply.  Why are people paying MSRP for Broncos?  Because they don’t want to wait 2-3 years.  It doesn’t matter if a truck is ordered or on the lot.  If the dealer only gets 100 and there are more than 100 willing to pay MSRP then that’s the price.  

If you found a dealer willing to give a discount you should jump on it - those are few and far between.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

Dealerships make very little on new car sales.  Best Buy makes more on a $3k TV than a dealer does on a $30k Explorer sold at invoice.

Never pay MSRP only applies if the supply is greater than demand and right now demand is far outstripping supply.  Why are people paying MSRP for Broncos?  Because they don’t want to wait 2-3 years.  It doesn’t matter if a truck is ordered or on the lot.  If the dealer only gets 100 and there are more than 100 willing to pay MSRP then that’s the price.  

If you found a dealer willing to give a discount you should jump on it - those are few and far between.

well put...and not as far between as someone at $7  off MSRP on a Raptor...spat my coffee out on that one...probably had a shite load of add ons on it like $ 3995 running boards and $2995 Tonneau….seriously we hear this CRAP all the time...andits always the same few dealers doing it but advertising savings...

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

well put...and not as far between as someone at $7  off MSRP on a Raptor...spat my coffee out on that one...probably had a shite load of add ons on it like $ 3995 running boards and $2995 Tonneau….seriously we hear this CRAP all the time...andits always the same few dealers doing it but advertising savings...

Nope. 75.5 MSRP so not fully loaded doesn't have the carbon package or the Recaros. 68.5 out the door. No add ons or ADMs period. It was the quoted price plus a 129 doc fee and that was it. No tint, no nothing. Truck was sold as it came from the factory. 

So yes, it was that kind of deal.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I don't disagree but people buying at MSRP are only padding the dealers pockets, not Fords. Invoice didn't just magically disappear overnight. People want to give their dealership and extra 5-8 thousand dollars they can. I don't do that. 

I agree that I will go with the current dealer and am shocked that there haven't been more who can get less than MSRP. 

• Haha 2