2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2022 XLT CCLB

Carbonized Grey

6.7 Powerstroke

Black Appearance Package

Gooseneck/5th Wheel Prep

Just talked with the dealer, my truck is scheduled for the week of September 20th. Was pleasantly surprised considering XLT Black Appearance Packages were suppose to be a late build. We will see if that date sticks.

38 minutes ago, mink said:

Yes, got the same email last night, I ordered 3/22 and have had 5 build weeks so far 7/26, 8/9, 9/20,  9/13 and now 10/25 I'm guessing I need to start looking for something else I tried to remove AS but dealer says it's scheduled with vin and I can't make any changes so at this point it could never happen, the weird thing is there building King ranch with AS but not Platinum's so I'm not sure if it's the AS that's holding it up and nobody seems to have answers.

Dealer is lying, I added heated steering wheel and upfitter switches 3 weeks before my initial build date.  It pushed my truck back 2 weeks.  I had a VIN and build date already.  As far as I can tell, you aren't locked in until they schedule you to the day.

Edited by slowninja14
  • Like 1

I see you guys received emails from ford about production dates etc, I have yet to receive any emails from ford directly, but have been told by my salesman that I was scheduled for build week 9-27 and he also provided me with my vin. I checked and it is all there through vehicle locator. I just find it strange I have yet to receive any emails from ford.

7 minutes ago, bigfrank59 said:

I see you guys received emails from ford about production dates etc, I have yet to receive any emails from ford directly, but have been told by my salesman that I was scheduled for build week 9-27 and he also provided me with my vin. I checked and it is all there through vehicle locator. I just find it strange I have yet to receive any emails from ford.

I'm in the same boat as you. Same build week, it’s fine to not receive any emails, unless our dates get pushed back or forward, we’ll never know. If the schedule stays, then I’ll just check the tracking that week. ??‍♂️ From what I gathered, if your sales team didn’t enter your email when they submitted the order in WBDO then you won’t receive any correspondence. Sucks for us but at least we’re scheduled and just have to hope it sticks. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigfrank59 said:

sounds like like dealership didn’t enter your email into the system. That happened to me and I made them go back and do it.  Got the confirmation direct from Ford immediately after they did it 

• Like 1

Has anyone else had a problem getting scheduling info from Ford customer service?  I called again today and was told by the rep that he couldn't give me any information without a VIN.  I told him that I was hoping that he would give me a VIN after looking up my order code and sales code.  It's never been a problem before, but now all of a sudden they can't do it.  I sure would like to know since my dealer didn't enter my email address when they made the order.  

I'm at a complete loss for how Ford is choosing which vehicles to build. Someone deep inside the bowels of FORD knows how they are selecting orders. Sure would be nice if they enlightened the public so it's not a guessing game. 

I see posts with vehicle configurations that are very very similar but ordered a month or more apart. The more recent order will get a VIN while the other is still on standby... It just doesn't make any sense. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Carey Michael said:

Has anyone else had a problem getting scheduling info from Ford customer service?  I called again today and was told by the rep that he couldn't give me any information without a VIN.  I told him that I was hoping that he would give me a VIN after looking up my order code and sales code.  It's never been a problem before, but now all of a sudden they can't do it.  I sure would like to know since my dealer didn't enter my email address when they made the order.  

I'm thinking that Ford Customer Service is probably getting flooded with calls from customers asking for retail vehicle order information, VIN numbers, scheduling information, status updates, etc. If Ford has changed their policy and limiting the information they'll provide or the conditions, blame the Dealers for not providing the information that is so readily available to them. It's the Dealers job, make them do it!

• Like 1

My truck is built and getting a sun bath somewhere waiting to ship. The interesting thing is the premium toolbox disappeared from the thumbnail photo of the truck and from the accessory list. The window sticker and price have stayed the same even though the date on the window sticker updated 8.13.21. I don’t know if my truck is coming with the accessory tool box or not. Anyone else seeing this or have any information?  Thanks. 

214F8A6A-5E30-426F-BAFC-7FF9AB085879.png

2 hours ago, bigfrank59 said:

sounds like like dealership didn’t enter your email into the system. That happened to me and I made them go back and do it.  Got the confirmation direct from Ford immediately after they did it 

I had the same problem and once I called my dealer and had them check to make sure my email was correct in the system....I immediately got an email from Ford confirming my order.  When my vehicle was scheduled, I got notified right away.  Talk to your dealer and make sure they have your email in the system and it is correct.

Edited by rlatronico

5 hours ago, Ranger62 said:

How are y'all getting this set up with the Ford website and App to show your Confirmed / Production dates like that?  My sales lady has sent me my VIN and my production date, but I don't seem able to set it up on my Ford account.  I entered that VIN but it said "Invalid".  Maybe it takes a few days to be in the system?

It appears the screenshot there is from the email.  You can also go to Ford's Tracking website if you have your order # and VIN.  This will provide some information.  Ford Vehicle Order Tracking

I was able to add my VIN to the Ford Pass App, but doesn't really have any information as far as the build goes.

It also sounds like there is no connection between your order and the Reservations/Orders area under your account on the Ford Website. 

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy said:

I wish I knew if larger dealers had priority over smaller dealers. I just ordered mine this week, and somebody ordered a day before me from a different dealer already received an email with a VIN and date.

That is normally the case as larger dealers get more allocation, but with the retail order verification that’s not supposed to be an issue, or at least less of an issue.

Should this order confirmation sheet have ifo such as priority code number, or is this too preliminary for that? I do see 6 digits for a vin, but it isn't helpful without the rest of it. I know dealer asked for my email address but I haven't heard anything from Ford yet. Dealer gave me this.

20210811085739031.pdf

Screenshot_20210814-140821_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Edited by Pizzaguy
Added pic

3 hours ago, Pizzaguy said:

Is my understanding correct that Ford will schedule a new batch for production dates every Thursday?

They don’t schedule every Thursday. We just went several weeks with no Super Duty scheduling. Ice-capades posts scheduling information in the Production and Sales part of the forum that is very helpful to let you know what is going on. Here is a copy of his latest post. It shows Super Duty will schedule this week for a build week of 9/13 which is odd because I got scheduled last week for a 9/27 build week. Maybe commodity constraints?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mitch8628 said:

It appears the screenshot there is from the email.  You can also go to Ford's Tracking website if you have your order # and VIN.  This will provide some information.  Ford Vehicle Order Tracking

I was able to add my VIN to the Ford Pass App, but doesn't really have any information as far as the build goes.

It also sounds like there is no connection between your order and the Reservations/Orders area under your account on the Ford Website. 

I was curious about this as well. My account doesn’t mention anything about reservations/orders so it made me call the dealer right away to make sure my order was submitted 

2 hours ago, Sirunify said:

I was curious about this as well. My account doesn’t mention anything about reservations/orders so it made me call the dealer right away to make sure my order was submitted 

Yeah, as far as I understand we won't ever see our custom orders our Ford.com accounts.  Odd but sounds like the norm.  

15 hours ago, Pizzaguy said:

Should this order confirmation sheet have ifo such as priority code number, or is this too preliminary for that? I do see 6 digits for a vin, but it isn't helpful without the rest of it. I know dealer asked for my email address but I haven't heard anything from Ford yet. Dealer gave me this.

20210811085739031.pdf

Screenshot_20210814-140821_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

The screen capture image is a modified version from the old CONCEPS ordering system which is really used only for fleet orders now. The order priority code isn't included. The customer e-mail has to be attached to the order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. The partial VIN number shown includes only the VIN designators for the model's common elements and has nothing to do with scheduling status. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pizzaguy said:

Is my understanding correct that Ford will schedule a new batch for production dates every Thursday?

Not all vehicle lines schedule on a weekly basis. Ford used to provide Dealers scheduling information for a month in advance but now provides the information only on a weekly basis due to changing plant schedules caused by the microchip shortage and supplier issues. 

• Like 2