2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

8 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

do you have your truck already???? I wasnt aware they made this change i thought the black headliner was reserved for platinum and up

Yes I have mine (Lariat SC with the value package). I didn’t know it was a change until I picked it up last week and was pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Winnipesaukee1 said:

Yes I have mine (Lariat SC with the value package). I didn’t know it was a change until I picked it up last week and was pleasantly surprised. 

that makes me happy, i hate that about my current lariat(19) i wanted to change the headliner till i found out i have to remove the back glass to take it out lol.  

• Like 2

Just left the dealer. I went in trying to cancel adaptive steering from my current order F250 platinum tremor. I was told because it was schedule for 10/25 I was not able to make any changes? I’ve had about 4 different built weeks and with the recent news of them not building  any trucks with adaptive steering. The dealer pretty much made me order a while new truck… without it…… 

7 minutes ago, Ronix28 said:

Just left the dealer. I went in trying to cancel adaptive steering from my current order F250 platinum tremor. I was told because it was schedule for 10/25 I was not able to make any changes? I’ve had about 4 different built weeks and with the recent news of them not building  any trucks with adaptive steering. The dealer pretty much made me order a while new truck… without it…… 

I'm in the same boat only I've had 5 date changes since ordered on 3/23 and this last move to 10/25 was the end. There has to be other issues with the Platinum Tremor that there not telling us because there building the KR, anyway just canceled order, got my deposit and bought a GMC off lot, I will see how it works out for a couple years and wait till this mess fixes it's self. Good luck with your order.

28 minutes ago, Ronix28 said:

Another Dealer either playing games, can't be bothered, too incompetent or doesn't keep up with the scheduling and commodity information available to know what they're doing. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mink said:

I'm in the same boat only I've had 5 date changes since ordered on 3/23 and this last move to 10/25 was the end. There has to be other issues with the Platinum Tremor that there not telling us because there building the KR, anyway just canceled order, got my deposit and bought a GMC off lot, I will see how it works out for a couple years and wait till this mess fixes it's self. Good luck with your order.

I have heard that the reason the king ranch are being built is because of the different color steering wheel….? This is a theory someone came up with but makes sense. Where the platinums use the black steering wheel. Who knows how true it is but makes sense. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Another Dealer either playing games, can't be bothered, too incompetent or doesn't keep up with the scheduling and commodity information available to know what they're doing. 

Ice, I know you know what your doing, but I've had my dealer tell me the same thing 3 times now trying to drop AS or what ever it takes to keep a build date, I've had it move back 5 times now and I thought they wouldn't schedule a truck if they didn't have the parts to build. Oh well it doesn't matter for me anymore.

20 minutes ago, Tidesright said:

I have heard that the reason the king ranch are being built is because of the different color steering wheel….? This is a theory someone came up with but makes sense. Where the platinums use the black steering wheel. Who knows how true it is but makes sense. 

I read the same theory and agreed that it could possibly be the reason.  But they must also be out of blue steering wheels with AS for the Limited trim trucks.

1 hour ago, mink said:

Ice, I know you know what your doing, but I've had my dealer tell me the same thing 3 times now trying to drop AS or what ever it takes to keep a build date, I've had it move back 5 times now and I thought they wouldn't schedule a truck if they didn't have the parts to build. Oh well it doesn't matter for me anymore.

Until it's scheduled to the DAY you can make changes.  I changed mine 3 weeks before the build week.  It did push my order back 2 weeks though.

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Ice. so if our dealers aren’t  willing to help us what other option do you Recommend? I highly doubt my truck will be built the week of 10/25 like they said. The dates keep getting pushed back. 
thanks in advance 

Ordered my F350 on 5/14.  UTT, Ultimate Lariat, Blackout, Tremor and a few other minor options. After last Thursday passed me bye my dealer got me moved from an 11 to a 02 priority code.   Nice to see some people starting to get build / delivery info, looks like I’ll be waiting a little longer. 

1 hour ago, Ronix28 said:

Ice. so if our dealers aren’t  willing to help us what other option do you Recommend? I highly doubt my truck will be built the week of 10/25 like they said. The dates keep getting pushed back. 
thanks in advance 

Too many customers are refusing to hold their Dealers accountable and make them do their jobs. Instead, they're flooding the Ford phone lines for assistance and based on posts it seems that Ford is changing their policy as to what assistance they'll provide to customers with retail factory orders. And the Ford ordering and scheduling system is a mess with Dealers having difficulty getting orders, retail or stock, scheduled due to numerous factors. And retail order customers constantly changing vehicle specifications is making a tough situation more difficult. The whole system is a mess! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Too many customers are refusing to hold their Dealers accountable and make them do their jobs. Instead, they're flooding the Ford phone lines for assistance and based on posts it seems that Ford is changing their policy as to what assistance they'll provide to customers with retail factory orders. And the Ford ordering and scheduling system is a mess with Dealers having difficulty getting orders, retail or stock, scheduled due to numerous factors. And retail order customers constantly changing vehicle specifications is making a tough situation more difficult. The whole system is a mess! 

@ice-capades onee we other question is there a issue with sprayed in bed liner as far as it holding up from being scheduled.  This is the problem with social media you don’t know what to trust unless it comes from someone like you that has knowledge of what’s going on. I had AS but removed it 22 f350 platinum 7.3 just trying to get it scheduled have priority code 02 and have been ordered since 3/18 and COVP has been done and put deposit day 1 ??? Thanks in advance !!! 

27 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

@ice-capades onee we other question is there a issue with sprayed in bed liner as far as it holding up from being scheduled.  This is the problem with social media you don’t know what to trust unless it comes from someone like you that has knowledge of what’s going on. I had AS but removed it 22 f350 platinum 7.3 just trying to get it scheduled have priority code 02 and have been ordered since 3/18 and COVP has been done and put deposit day 1 ??? Thanks in advance !!! 

From the research I’ve done the spray in bed liner only has a 2 day post production delay to shipping due to it being sent off site to be sprayed. 

• Like 2

Ford really kind of screwed over the xlt tremor order customers like myself. In the order Banks back in March, you could select xlt tremor. Ford changed it and cancelled xlt tremor. They never notified customers . If I had not followed this forum, my dealer would've never told me. I took it upon myself in July to contact my dealer. They went ahead and changed me to lariat value with Tremor per my request. I am hoping to get scheduled tomorrow.  However, I dont have the fancy ultimate package so I may get pushed to side again

1 hour ago, Baddestt said:

Ford really kind of screwed over the xlt tremor order customers like myself. In the order Banks back in March, you could select xlt tremor. Ford changed it and cancelled xlt tremor. They never notified customers . If I had not followed this forum, my dealer would've never told me. I took it upon myself in July to contact my dealer. They went ahead and changed me to lariat value with Tremor per my request. I am hoping to get scheduled tomorrow.  However, I dont have the fancy ultimate package so I may get pushed to side again

The same thing happened to me. Luckily my dealer contacted me. They said the order would be canceled if I didn't drop the Tremor package or upgrade to a Lariat. I initially thought they just changed my existing order to a Lariat value. My initial order date was 5/19. I found out yesterday they placed a new order for me on 7/20 with a priority of of 01. I am currently scheduled for the week of 9/6, which is better than the week of 9/27 I previously had. I was relived to see ford gave it a priority code 01. Hopefully they do something similar for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stanggt24 said:

The spray in bed liner theory doesn’t hold water. Mine has one, and it has been built and is on it’s way to the dealer. F250 Platinum, 6.7. Throwing that out there so your dealer can’t use that as an excuse. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Too many customers are refusing to hold their Dealers accountable and make them do their jobs. 

Using my example, dealership salesman and even the sales manager have told "stories".  It wasn't until I held their feet to the fire and enlisted Ford's help, they somewhat straightened out.  In retrospect, when they pulled the bone headed move, I should have cancelled the order and gone to another dealer.  By staying with them, and enlisting Ford's help, I was able to get the priority changed to 01.  They probably thought they could get away with feeding my BS, until I was able to bust their lies.  It's compounded by the apparently utter chaos of ordering and delivering right now.

1 hour ago, Sand_storm said:

The same thing happened to me. Luckily my dealer contacted me. They said the order would be canceled if I didn't drop the Tremor package or upgrade to a Lariat. I initially thought they just changed my existing order to a Lariat value. My initial order date was 5/19. I found out yesterday they placed a new order for me on 7/20 with a priority of of 01. I am currently scheduled for the week of 9/6, which is better than the week of 9/27 I previously had. I was relived to see ford gave it a priority code 01. Hopefully they do something similar for you. 

How do I get a priority 01? Can I call ford marketing to get that done? Perhaps I should call my dealer and have rigional manager do it

3 hours ago, Baddestt said:

How do I get a priority 01? Can I call ford marketing to get that done? Perhaps I should call my dealer and have rigional manager do it

Priority codes are the control of dealers/regional zones. Marketing cant do anything about them.

Unless you have some special status with your dealer they are going to tell you to pound sand. If you get your sales guy in a good mood you might be able to get bumped to a 10, but every dealership has different policies around doing that.

If they made a habit of handing out priority 01 for every joe blow that asks the whole system would go to hell. 

Edited by mattdm

43 minutes ago, mattdm said:

Priority codes are the control of dealers/regional zones. Marketing cant do anything about them.

Unless you have some special status with your dealer they are going to tell you to pound sand. If you get your sales guy in a good mood you might be able to get bumped to a 10, but every dealership has different policies around doing that.

If they made a habit of handing out priority 01 for every joe blow that asks the whole system would go to hell. 

I understand. I do have a priority 10. It's just insane to wait 4 months and not have anything scheduled. It's frustrating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baddestt said:

I understand. I do have a priority 10. It's just insane to wait 4 months and not have anything scheduled. It's frustrating. 

we are only in week 2 of full time scheduling. There was no scheduling at all between July 16th and August 12th, and only 2/3rd capacity prior to that. If you have adaptive steering on your truck that will be your biggest hold up currently.

• Like 1