2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

4 hours ago, JKinTx said:

Just a thought, could you get an RV transporter to bring it an RV park near you? Or storage even? Or your backyard if you have one?

I could, at a cost of 1200-2500.  Plus I'd still have to drive up there to finalize the deal and go through orientation.  If it went much beyond 1st part of October, that's exactly what I would do.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

What 5er did you get JKinTx? I just got a new one in April. 

We actually haven't gotten one yet. We are still trying to lock down the truck order but we have been looking hard at rigs but want the best deal. We are pretty much set on a GD 397th but most likely in the used market because I can't pay 140K for a depreciating asset. 

What did you get? 

• Like 1

Hahaha. Yesssss. I love it. I sold my Grand Design TT for a new Grand Design reflection 278bh. It has been awesome. They really make a great product. Good luck with your purchase either way. We love the 5th wheel. So much more everything. Plus we can boondock with it. Just installed a lithium battery and an inverter. 

• Like 2

I’m about this close??To telling the dealership that I have my truck on order with to piss off and get my deposit back. Getting really old of all the lies. Or might use it to my advantage and getting everything locked in and hold their feet to the fire. I don’t really need the truck as my ‘18 6.7 crew cab lariat sb has  only 22k on it. Was just thinking a Platinum Tremor would be a nice upgrade.

010403CE-9F74-4A7D-8D97-20C91F870EB0.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Can-AmRider said:

I’m about this close??To telling the dealership that I have my truck on order with to piss off and get my deposit back. Getting really old of all the lies. Or might use it to my advantage and getting everything locked in and hold their feet to the fire. I don’t really need the truck as my ‘18 6.7 crew cab lariat sb has  only 22k on it. Was just thinking a Platinum Tremor would be a nice upgrade.

010403CE-9F74-4A7D-8D97-20C91F870EB0.jpeg

@Can-AmRider I’m at the same point ordered a f350 platinum 7.3 in rapid red and only got a confirmation in beginning of April did the COVPback end of April and even got it switched to a priority code 02 last week and still nothing.  No AS on my build.  I would cancel but I think that’s what dealer wants I have xplan pricing and a $3000 PCO locked in ??

23 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

@Can-AmRider I’m at the same point ordered a f350 platinum 7.3 in rapid red and only got a confirmation in beginning of April did the COVPback end of April and even got it switched to a priority code 02 last week and still nothing.  No AS on my build.  I would cancel but I think that’s what dealer wants I have xplan pricing and a $3000 PCO locked in ??

I got a Vin last Thursday, today I called my salesman and he tried to tell me the only way you got a Vin is because it’s already built. And it said it shows “to be determined” and was saying it was already shipped or waiting to be shipped. At that time he was talking to the person that does the ordering. Pretty much think I know more then them just from reading this Forum & all the info from Others like Ice. The dealership is a pretty big one and been in business for a lot of years & owned by the same Family the hole time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ardvark666 said:

Hahaha. Yesssss. I love it. I sold my Grand Design TT for a new Grand Design reflection 278bh. It has been awesome. They really make a great product. Good luck with your purchase either way. We love the 5th wheel. So much more everything. Plus we can boondock with it. Just installed a lithium battery and an inverter. 

The boon docking thing is something we are seriously considering. Want a TH because of the ability to have a SxS and have a portable fueling station. There are some sweet solar setups and that is something we are also looking into it.  

20 minutes ago, Pizzaguy said:

I wish I would at least get a confirmation email from Ford. I saw order confirmation approval from dealer, and they say they put in my email address, but haven't received a thing.

I'm in the same boat. Ordered last Saturday (8/14), still no email from Ford. When asked yesterday, salesman said Ford is real busy, it could take a few days. Not really buying that, seems like the email thing should be fairly easy to automate.

1 hour ago, Nighthawk37 said:

I'm in the same boat. Ordered last Saturday (8/14), still no email from Ford. When asked yesterday, salesman said Ford is real busy, it could take a few days. Not really buying that, seems like the email thing should be fairly easy to automate.

yah i wouldnt buy that. i ordered on 8/10 and had an email within minutes. of telling the dealer to submit the order

Placed order 4/29, 250 CC Plat 6.7 retail priority 10,  w/o Ad Steering, since June 4 it's been in "order processing". Spoke with the dealer again yesterday and was told that the retracting tonneau was holding it up and that the Region/Zone Rep had placed it at a priority 02. Decided to drop the tonneau and spray in liner to see if the dice roll would get it scheduled.. Sure glad that more and more builds are getting scheduled and getting delivered, congrats to those.  Thanks to everyone that are sharing their stories  here, keeping the hope alive.

Will update as things change

Also, didn't receive any email confirmation, found out that the email was input incorrectly and got it corrected, hopefully that fixes the communication flow.

Edited by Rivert0n!
added comment on email address for COVP

9 hours ago, Can-AmRider said:

I got a Vin last Thursday, today I called my salesman and he tried to tell me the only way you got a Vin is because it’s already built. And it said it shows “to be determined” and was saying it was already shipped or waiting to be shipped. At that time he was talking to the person that does the ordering. Pretty much think I know more then them just from reading this Forum & all the info from Others like Ice. The dealership is a pretty big one and been in business for a lot of years & owned by the same Family the hole time.

Sales representative doesn't know what they're talking about and unfortunately, there's a lot of dealerships of all sizes that have been in business a lot of years that don't know much either. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nighthawk37 said:

We ordered 2 trucks on 3/23/21 and 1 on 5/1/21... Yesterday we received 1 email about 1 truck being scheduled.... It was the 5/1 order that was scheduled.... ???  They ( Ford) are not good with emails...

ice-capades is spot on.  Like any slice of any group be it accountants, doctors, contractors, dealerships, whatever, there are some who are contentious, shoot straight, and good at what they do and then there are others not so much.  My dealer submitted order for 2022 F250 July 9.  I received an email from Ford that day with a build window week of August 23 and a VIN number.  Today I checked the tracker and the truck is in production at Kentucky plant, one week early.  Ford included a link to the window sticker.  Cannot lie I feel quite fortunate after hearing some of the other stories on this forum and feel for you.  And yes I am pretty excited.  Love the posts about Grand Design.  Been looking for about 6 months and will be honing in on some candidates soon after the truck arrives.  Probably a late model Solitude.

Correction:  The old floppy disc ain't what it used to be.  Just went back to check emails and first one from Ford was just order confirmation.  Got a second email July 20 with VIN and link to vehicle tracker.

Edited by MikeK
correct facts in post
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeK said:

ice-capades is spot on.  Like any slice of any group be it accountants, doctors, contractors, dealerships, whatever, there are some who are contentious, shoot straight, and good at what they do and then there are others not so much.  My dealer submitted order for 2022 F250 July 9.  I received an email from Ford that day with a build window week of August 23 and a VIN number.  Today I checked the tracker and the truck is in production at Kentucky plant, one week early.  Ford included a link to the window sticker.  Cannot lie I feel quite fortunate after hearing some of the other stories on this forum and feel for you.  And yes I am pretty excited.  Love the posts about Grand Design.  Been looking for about 6 months and will be honing in on some candidates soon after the truck arrives.  Probably a late model Solitude.

We bought a GD Solitude S class 3740bh last fall, and upgraded from an F250 to the F450 we have on order. Watch the payload. They have very heavy pin weights on any of the solitudes. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up, I have seen that in our research.  I included options to max out 250 capacity.  We are not looking at any of the big rigs.  Probably a 310 or something similar.  The math works out fine with a safety factor.  Assuming the Ford Superduty specs I have studied are reliable! 

1 hour ago, MikeK said:

Thanks for the heads up, I have seen that in our research.  I included options to max out 250 capacity.  We are not looking at any of the big rigs.  Probably a 310 or something similar.  The math works out fine with a safety factor.  Assuming the Ford Superduty specs I have studied are reliable! 

We are getting an Artic Fox 27-5L.  Overall length is 29'9".  Found this model and mfg strictly by accident.  F350D won't hardly blink at that unit :)  While we probably exceeded GVWR in the prior travel trailer, me thinks the boss is going to have a hard time overloading this unit.  We are also having the suspension ripped out and independent suspension installed with disc brakes.

• Like 2

We ordered an F550 chassis cab in April.  The dealer did not enter our email when they placed the order so we do not get emails directly from Ford.  The sales manager recently told us the our chassis is showing a build week of 9/6/2021 but claims there is no VIN yet.  Does that make sense?  I thought that the VIN came before the build date.

I also have a build that week as well and have a VIN. Ice Capades do you think this close to the build week that it will actually go through this time? This is my 3rd or 4th date since ordering but this time it actually moved up 2 weeks. It does have the Adaptive Steering added.

2 hours ago, road turtle said:

We are getting an Artic Fox 27-5L.  Overall length is 29'9".  Found this model and mfg strictly by accident.  F350D won't hardly blink at that unit :)  While we probably exceeded GVWR in the prior travel trailer, me thinks the boss is going to have a hard time overloading this unit.  We are also having the suspension ripped out and independent suspension installed with disc brakes.

Artic Fox has a great reputation for being a true 4 season RV. I hope you enjoy it.