2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Definitely check pin weight. Last week my 2022 jayco jayflight 28bhs (laminate exterior, king bed, 2 batteries, 60 gallon propane tanks, 2 AC's) came in.

I loaded it up, took it to the scales with my 2007 f250 6.0, since my 2022 F350 6.7 lariat value tremor still has not been scheduled.  It's been 4 months. Unscheduled clean.

Anyway, the advertised hitch weight unloaded was 700, with 8850 gvwr, 6798 unloaded weight.

Loaded up, with all our gear, and 1/2 filled fresh water...the tongue weight was .1310 pounds!!!!!!!

8842 on the rear axles and 10000 on truck. I am actually 200 pounds over the old f250 9800 gvwr rating!

The 2022 should have plenty room for my set up 

9 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

Definitely check pin weight. Last week my 2022 jayco jayflight 28bhs (laminate exterior, king bed, 2 batteries, 60 gallon propane tanks, 2 AC's) came in.

I loaded it up, took it to the scales with my 2007 f250 6.0, since my 2022 F350 6.7 lariat value tremor still has not been scheduled.  It's been 4 months. Unscheduled clean.

Anyway, the advertised hitch weight unloaded was 700, with 8850 gvwr, 6798 unloaded weight.

Loaded up, with all our gear, and 1/2 filled fresh water...the tongue weight was .1310 pounds!!!!!!!

8842 on the rear axles and 10000 on truck. I am actually 200 pounds over the old f250 9800 gvwr rating!

The 2022 should have plenty room for my set up 

Wowser!  Did you have a WDH on it when you did this, or get numbers with the WDH Hooked up?  With our 2003 Jayflight 31BHS the tounge weight without the WDH is 1030 and with the Blue Ox hooked up the tongue weight was at 900 lbs.  I have since changed to an Equalizer because the Blue Ox was terrible for that trailer.   I'd love to get my hands on a Late model 5th Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS.  Someday....

28 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

That's why I tell people to use 15% of GVWR for their tongue wt calculations.

3 hours ago, Chris E said:

Artic Fox has a great reputation for being a true 4 season RV. I hope you enjoy it.

That particular model is about as perfect as we can get for what we want to do.

It's not leaving me a whole lot of time of getting everything together before we leave for warmer climate in December.  Still working from home, so I need a desk to plop to plop down at.  Never expected it would be the truck that would come second.... Was more worried about the 5th wheel arriving in a timely manner, and it's actually early!

8 hours ago, DMBKaren41 said:

We bought a GD Solitude S class 3740bh last fall, and upgraded from an F250 to the F450 we have on order. Watch the payload. They have very heavy pin weights on any of the solitudes. 

We tow a  2020 Redwood 3991RD with our SD and love it.. My best friend just got a 2022 GD Solitude and has not used it yet as he has no truck yet...

I towed my GD Solitude to the beach this summer after we purchased it and my 2018 Lariat F-250 handled it fine but I knew I was woefully over payload and thats why I ordered the F-350. Just wished it was here already but the build week of 9-6-21 will come soon enough. 

9F0E3408-809E-4278-BE6C-A87A82801125.jpeg

• Like 1

Not sure what I like looking at more the camper or the truck...(to self)ohhh nice camper, but the truck and wheels look badazz, but the camper awesome, but the truck, but the camper... l LOL

Seriously they both look great!

I come home and look at the camper in the yard and think...man it would be nice to be up on the blue ridge parkway right now!

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 10:41 AM, Ronix28 said:

It seems that alot of us got the same email. my built week has been changed 4 time already with the latest of 10/25 like your self. Also have AS so not sure if that's what keeps getting it pushed back. Dealer cant give me a straight answer

F250 Platinum Tremor 

ordered June 1st

I talked to my sales guy today about the added month for my build. He said it's because Ford  adjusted the build schedule, based on the train wreck that destroyed the Fords that have to be replaced. Plausible? Certainly. Believable? If given benefit of the doubt, which I am inclined to do in the absence of proof otherwise. Whether I believe it or not, the truck isn't getting built until the end of October.

10 hours ago, Latebraking said:

I talked to my sales guy today about the added month for my build. He said it's because Ford  adjusted the build schedule, based on the train wreck that destroyed the Fords that have to be replaced. Plausible? Certainly. Believable? If given benefit of the doubt, which I am inclined to do in the absence of proof otherwise. Whether I believe it or not, the truck isn't getting built until the end of October.

According to the tracker over in FTE, every truck that was rescheduled to 10/25 has AS.....

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 8:38 PM, Pizzaguy said:

I wish I would at least get a confirmation email from Ford. I saw order confirmation approval from dealer, and they say they put in my email address, but haven't received a thing.

On 8/19/2021 at 8:57 PM, Nighthawk37 said:

I'm in the same boat. Ordered last Saturday (8/14), still no email from Ford. When asked yesterday, salesman said Ford is real busy, it could take a few days. Not really buying that, seems like the email thing should be fairly easy to automate.

When I ordered on 7-15 I verified order with Ford Marketing the next day. After no email from Ford in a week and a half I got a hold of the sales manager. He checked and found my email address misspelled on the order. He got it straightened out and I had an email from Ford that evening. I have since gotten a build date from Ford for week of 9-13. Good luck and hold your dealer to task.

Edited by GCD

On 8/20/2021 at 12:47 PM, road turtle said:

We are getting an Artic Fox 27-5L.  Overall length is 29'9".  Found this model and mfg strictly by accident.  F350D won't hardly blink at that unit :)  While we probably exceeded GVWR in the prior travel trailer, me thinks the boss is going to have a hard time overloading this unit.  We are also having the suspension ripped out and independent suspension installed with disc brakes.

Artic Fox makes a nice rig, if we ever go to a bigger rig (currently have a Lance 2375) it will be an AF.

I ordered a '22 F250 SRW w/ 6.7 on 7/22 and got my confirmation from Ford on 7/26. Ordered a Platinum in Star White with everything that you can except for tremor package, loading ramps and supplemental heat (yes, including AS) So, now I get to wait with everyone and feed the rumor mill as to why we haven't gotten our trucks yet ?. I have been lurking on this forum for a bit and want to thank @ice-capadesfor all the work that he and others have put into this site.

One question I do have is about the supplemental heat (waiting makes me spend more money), does anyone have it and what are your thoughts. TIA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frazior said:

I ordered a '22 F250 SRW w/ 6.7 on 7/22 and got my confirmation from Ford on 7/26. Ordered a Platinum in Star White with everything that you can except for tremor package, loading ramps and supplemental heat (yes, including AS) So, now I get to wait with everyone and feed the rumor mill as to why we haven't gotten our trucks yet ?. I have been lurking on this forum for a bit and want to thank @ice-capadesfor all the work that he and others have put into this site.

One question I do have is about the supplemental heat (waiting makes me spend more money), does anyone have it and what are your thoughts. TIA

my 19 has supplemental heat, it’s nothing great, if you remote start in the winter it will help with defrosting the front window and it will knock the chill off but don’t look for it to be hot imo 

1 hour ago, Robin Hood said:

That I would come back on here to get some more advice on 5th wheels?....if you now what I mean?

We've been looking at 5ers literally for 5 years.  We went back and forth between monster units and smaller ones.  This model literally dropped in our lap in the beginning of 2019.  I passed on the used F350 and 27-5L, which was only one year old.  Jan 2021 we went thru the Tampa RV show, which is YUUUGGGGEEEE.  While this model wasn't there, and I've never actually seen it in person, we made the decision to order it then.  I decided to wait until 2022 SD could be ordered, especially since I knew the 12" screen was coming :)

14 hours ago, road turtle said:

We've been looking at 5ers literally for 5 years.  We went back and forth between monster units and smaller ones.  This model literally dropped in our lap in the beginning of 2019.  I passed on the used F350 and 27-5L, which was only one year old.  Jan 2021 we went thru the Tampa RV show, which is YUUUGGGGEEEE.  While this model wasn't there, and I've never actually seen it in person, we made the decision to order it then.  I decided to wait until 2022 SD could be ordered, especially since I knew the 12" screen was coming :)

I was being sarcastic!

8 minutes ago, bigfrank59 said:

Anyone else having trouble tracking their vehicle through ford tracking. Over the weekend it began sending me a system error message.

Sounds like that is a normal weekend occurrence.  Typically resolves on Monday, as said by the ones more into the tracking over on ford-trucks.

• Like 2