2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

19 minutes ago, deerhunt799 said:

Anyone's truck sit at an intermediate rail yard for an extended time on its way to you? Mine has been sitting in Ohio since 8/15. I see all these other reports of trucks happily trekking across the country without delay.

My truck  is built and shipped. It says 21 days to get to me. I assume it will be sitting somewhere, but I'm not watching, because it won't get here any quicker if I do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deerhunt799 said:

Anyone's truck sit at an intermediate rail yard for an extended time on its way to you? Mine has been sitting in Ohio since 8/15. I see all these other reports of trucks happily trekking across the country without delay.

Where is yours sitting? The railcar mine was on arrived at Lordstown of Ohio, LLC today (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lordstown+of+Ohio+LLC/@41.1751239,-80.8761944,1176m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1). It was shipped on the 18th and looks like it will be unloaded and continue via over the road transport to my dealership in Buffalo, NY.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, F350Mike said:

Where is yours sitting? The railcar mine was on arrived at Lordstown of Ohio, LLC today (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lordstown+of+Ohio+LLC/@41.1751239,-80.8761944,1176m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1). It was shipped on the 18th and looks like it will be unloaded and continue via over the road transport to my dealership in Buffalo, NY.

Mine is in Kirkwood, OH.

10 minutes ago, deerhunt799 said:

Mine is in Kirkwood, OH.

Interesting, it doesn't appear there are any yards in that area. Are you using the CSX tracking phone number to get this info or was this provided by your dealer? If it's from CSX, if I had to guess the railcar may have had a problem and possibly setout as a bad order to be repaired. Once it's repaired it will be scheduled for pickup by another train and continue on it's way. If the information is from your dealer, then they might not have the current location of the rail car. But looking at Google Sat view, I don't see any other reason for it to be sitting in Kirkwood, OH since the 15th.

13 minutes ago, F350Mike said:

Interesting, it doesn't appear there are any yards in that area. Are you using the CSX tracking phone number to get this info or was this provided by your dealer? If it's from CSX, if I had to guess the railcar may have had a problem and possibly setout as a bad order to be repaired. Once it's repaired it will be scheduled for pickup by another train and continue on it's way. If the information is from your dealer, then they might not have the current location of the rail car. But looking at Google Sat view, I don't see any other reason for it to be sitting in Kirkwood, OH since the 15th.

Yeah, I was checking the satellite view as well and didn't see anywhere it could be. I used the info the dealer supplied (rail car number) and then used that to verify to the CSX automated system (which the VVR also confirms to be in Kirkwood). Cyberdman's most recent pull for my truck confirms this as the latest update from 8/15. Any chance it got moved to a different railcar and not show up?

7 minutes ago, deerhunt799 said:

Yeah, I was checking the satellite view as well and didn't see anywhere it could be. I used the info the dealer supplied (rail car number) and then used that to verify to the CSX automated system (which the VVR also confirms to be in Kirkwood). Cyberdman's most recent pull for my truck confirms this as the latest update from 8/15. Any chance it got moved to a different railcar and not show up?

Moved to a different railcar would require loading and unloading at a facility. Considering all those are reporting the same thing, then my guess is the rail car had a problem enroute and had to be set out on a siding for repair. This happens from time to time as the railroads have defect detectors along the mainlines to try and detect issues with trains before they create larger issues, such as a derailment. If the car tripped a defect detector, the train crew has to stop the train and visually inspect the railcar. If something is discovered to be wrong that the train crew can not resolve, then the car is setout at the nearest siding for repair and the train continues. Once a maintenance crew repairs the issue with railcar, dispatch will usually schedule it to be picked up by either a local or another through freight train. Considering that it's been a week with no movement on the railcar, this would be my best guess as to what happened.

So I'd guess you are "in order processing" which seems to fall between "order confirmed" and "in production." This is where I am too... from some of the photos I have seen, once they send your order to the plant you will be "in production" and a link to your window sticker should show up on that page too. For kicks, if you haven't already, you can put your VIN and order number in the Mach E tracker, which shows me the actual packages I ordered (they don't show up on the Ford tracker site). Unfortunately though, the only place I see documented with a build week is in the email I got from Ford informing me of my VIN. As I understand it, sometime the week before I should get another email, this time with my build day... but we'll see! Good luck! :)

12 minutes ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

So I'd guess you are "in order processing" which seems to fall between "order confirmed" and "in production." This is where I am too... from some of the photos I have seen, once they send your order to the plant you will be "in production" and a link to your window sticker should show up on that page too. For kicks, if you haven't already, you can put your VIN and order number in the Mach E tracker, which shows me the actual packages I ordered (they don't show up on the Ford tracker site). Unfortunately though, the only place I see documented with a build week is in the email I got from Ford informing me of my VIN. As I understand it, sometime the week before I should get another email, this time with my build day... but we'll see! Good luck! :)

Just rebooted it & now say “Order Confirmed” the Shop.ford.com is screwy 

14 minutes ago, Can-AmRider said:

Just rebooted it & now say “Order Confirmed” the Shop.ford.com is screwy 

So, on that page, if you will notice (on a desktop anyway) you can click where it says "in production," "built," "shipped," and "delivery" and it will give the selected description above (like in the screenshot you shared). But, unless there is a check mark in the corresponding circle then you aren't actually at that point yet... it's what led me to ask you about the link to your window sticker or an estimated delivery date. From what I have seen, those aren't provided until you are at least "in production."

Edited by chadstickpoindexter

56 minutes ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

So, on that page, if you will notice (on a desktop anyway) you can click where it says "in production," "built," "shipped," and "delivery" and it will give the selected description above (like in the screenshot you shared). But, unless there is a check mark in the corresponding circle then you aren't actually at that point yet... it's what led me to ask you about the link to your window sticker or an estimated delivery date. From what I have seen, those aren't provided until you are at least "in production."

Only thing is whenever I clicked on the Production dot it still says “order Confirmed” on the top where mine showed in production. I’m chocking it up to a screwup on the Ford website. Also had a place to check your window sticker.

2714F9C3-09ED-4EFF-B1BB-DAA0027FD640.jpeg

7F4F3A72-F028-4994-BC4E-53F56929D59F.jpeg

• Like 1

I see what you mean. I had something similar happen to me Sunday on the Mach E tracker site, and now I wonder if it was something like this on the Ford tracker site and I just didn't notice it... but when I typed in my VIN and order number in the Mach E tracker site the headline no longer said "in order processing", but instead "is estimated to be delivered to dealer in NaN days." I didn't really think that was true, and after hanging out on the FTE forums for a while now and adding my info to the spreadsheet, it seems like Sundays and even Mondays are a weird day for the trackers... so I figured it was just things "updating" in the system, and different trackers eventually updating as well... I dunno... at least we have VIN"s though! :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, F350Mike said:

That's exciting! Ours shipped about a day after yours and we're also in WNY! I haven't asked the dealer for the railcar info, but I'll bet it's a little behind yours. It had a delivery window of Aug 29-Sept 4 but our salesperson said he thinks we'll definitely be seeing it by the end of the month. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

I see what you mean. I had something similar happen to me Sunday on the Mach E tracker site, and now I wonder if it was something like this on the Ford tracker site and I just didn't notice it... but when I typed in my VIN and order number in the Mach E tracker site the headline no longer said "in order processing", but instead "is estimated to be delivered to dealer in NaN days." I didn't really think that was true, and after hanging out on the FTE forums for a while now and adding my info to the spreadsheet, it seems like Sundays and even Mondays are a weird day for the trackers... so I figured it was just things "updating" in the system, and different trackers eventually updating as well... I dunno... at least we have VIN"s though! :)

Got a window sticker now. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Awesome! It sounds like you were in that transition between “order conformed” and “in production!” Hopefully you’ll be seeing yours built soon! 

@ice-capades a close friend that owns another dealership had a reg. For rep look at my order and he said that commodity’s were holding it up and that my spray in bed liner was the only issue he saw on my order that would hold it up other then shortage of workers at plant of course.  So I called my dealer that ordered truck because I couldn’t get them to do what I got done from another dealer as far as talking to a rep.  And told him to remove it but I didn’t want to loss my 02 priority and he said he would make sure it stayed 02.  While on the phone and he was trying to make changes to order he says I can’t remove it your order is locked.  Does this mean my truck might be scheduled this week or maybe next week.  Because I thought changes could be made to a order as long as they weren’t scheduled. Or if anyone other then I e capades knows please chime in I ordered 3/18/21 and it’s been a long 5 months waiting !!!!

16 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

@ice-capades a close friend that owns another dealership had a reg. For rep look at my order and he said that commodity’s were holding it up and that my spray in bed liner was the only issue he saw on my order that would hold it up other then shortage of workers at plant of course.  So I called my dealer that ordered truck because I couldn’t get them to do what I got done from another dealer as far as talking to a rep.  And told him to remove it but I didn’t want to loss my 02 priority and he said he would make sure it stayed 02.  While on the phone and he was trying to make changes to order he says I can’t remove it your order is locked.  Does this mean my truck might be scheduled this week or maybe next week.  Because I thought changes could be made to a order as long as they weren’t scheduled. Or if anyone other then I e capades knows please chime in I ordered 3/18/21 and it’s been a long 5 months waiting !!!!

I have the spray in bed liner(black appearance package) and it was built yesterday.  I ordered 6/21.  I also changed/added options after I had a VIN and scheduled build week.  It did push the build back 2 weeks though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

I placed my order in early July with 2WD. I decided I wanted to upgrade to 4WD and contacted my dealer. He said since I didn't have a VIN or build week yet he could make the change. I had him do it and ended up getting scheduled a week later (on 8/12). I did notice in the tracker it shows my order date as early August (when my dealer made the change), not early July (my original order date). I also have the spray-in bed liner and have a build week of 9/27. So I assume the bed liner could be why it was scheduled so far out since my truck's a "lowly" XLT without any major addons.

Edited by jjordan3
grammar
  • Like 1