2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, slowninja14 said:

I have the spray in bed liner(black appearance package) and it was built yesterday.  I ordered 6/21.  I also changed/added options after I had a VIN and scheduled build week.  It did push the build back 2 weeks though.

You can’t delete spray in bed liner it comes standard with a black appearance package plus when your truck was scheduled they had accounted for your truck having the liner snd they know how many trucks can be done when they scheduled it. But at this point they are being delayed if it’s a issue. Dealer thinks they may have secured the chemicals and possibly my truck is included in inventory that they have now.  Again it’s all a guessing game.  

1 hour ago, slowninja14 said:

I have the spray in bed liner(black appearance package) and it was built yesterday.  I ordered 6/21.  I also changed/added options after I had a VIN and scheduled build week.  It did push the build back 2 weeks though.

I tried last week to add the Camper Package (auxiliary springs, rear stabilizer bar) after I too received a VIN and build date.  The dealer told me no changes can be made once the VIN is assigned.

21 minutes ago, kbawi said:

I tried last week to add the Camper Package (auxiliary springs, rear stabilizer bar) after I too received a VIN and build date.  The dealer told me no changes can be made once the VIN is assigned.

Unfortunately, a lot of dealers either aren't willing to, or don't know how.   But, it can be done.  From what I've seen, until you have a build DAY you can make changes. 

28 minutes ago, slowninja14 said:

Unfortunately, a lot of dealers either aren't willing to, or don't know how.   But, it can be done.  From what I've seen, until you have a build DAY you can make changes. 

Well, evidently they're not willing to add it two weeks prior to my build.  They said they would see what the cost of adding those through the service department would be (which would cost tons $$ more)!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kbawi said:

Well, evidently they're not willing to add it two weeks prior to my build.  They said they would see what the cost of adding those through the service department would be (which would cost tons $$ more)!

If you are only two weeks out from your build you may have a build day  assigned and they may not be able to make any changes

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Floods said:

If you are only two weeks out from your build you may have a build day  assigned and they may not be able to make any changes

I have a build week (9/13) but not a build day.  I'm not worried over it too much as it is just a "want" vs. "need" if I ever decide to go the slide in camper route. Right now this F250 w/6.7 should be well equipped for my needs.  Thanks!

• Like 2

I have a 22 F-350 Platinum that I ordered on 6/22, on July 13th I gave the dealer the go ahead to remove the Adaptive steering to hopefully get it scheduled sooner but still no vin or build date. Is there a was to double check to see if the adaptive steering got removed or not on the ford side or is it thought the dealer only you could see that? Just surprised I still don't have a vin yet.

8 minutes ago, weekendwarriorfsw32 said:

I have a 22 F-350 Platinum that I ordered on 6/22, on July 13th I gave the dealer the go ahead to remove the Adaptive steering to hopefully get it scheduled sooner but still no vin or build date. Is there a was to double check to see if the adaptive steering got removed or not on the ford side or is it thought the dealer only you could see that? Just surprised I still don't have a vin yet.

I also deleted AS same week as u 22 f350 platinum 7.3 no build date or vin but did speak to dealer to remove sprayed in bed liner today snd he said order is locked can’t change it.  Hoping to get it scheduled Thursday. I have a priority code of 02 set by Ford rep I ordered 3/18/21 !!! Good luck with the lottery because that’s what it feels like now.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

I also deleted AS same week as u 22 f350 platinum 7.3 no build date or vin but did speak to dealer to remove sprayed in bed liner today snd he said order is locked can’t change it.  Hoping to get it scheduled Thursday. I have a priority code of 02 set by Ford rep I ordered 3/18/21 !!! Good luck with the lottery because that’s what it feels like now.  

Yeah I was feeling that way too. Seen another ordered after mine same options but they had the Sunroof. 

Ice Capades, A.Kirby, please talk me down from cancelling my current order.  Give me hope.  I ordered a loaded Lariat on 4/23/21 (w/AS).  I have experienced 3 changes in build week (8/2 to 9/20 to 9/6).  On 7/26/21, I received an E-Mail from Ford Motor Company stating that the "PRODUCTION DATE FOR YOUR VEHICLE HAS CHANGED" to 9/6/21.  Since receiving this last message, I have not reached out to my dealer, expecting that Ford was notifying me well enough preproduction. Today, since we are 2 weeks from my "build week", I requested a VVR from my dealer.  It came back "In Order Processing" with a build week of 10/25/21.  So many questions swirl around in my head...  Why did Ford notify me when it moved up, but not out?  Shouldn't I be able to modify my order, and if so, can I expectr that to improve delivery?  Do I have any other recourse, and if so, what?

ps - I tried to change my order on 7/26/21 to remove the AS, but was told then that my order was "greyed out"/"frozen" (dealer's words).  It was reported to me that this issue was "confirmed" by a regional rep.

Sorry for all the words.  Frustration abounds!!!?

5 hours ago, Stanggt24 said:

Oh Right on and wow how did you get a ford Rep to change your status to 02? Ive been at 10 the whole time with no dice. I wonder if because your locked it means you will get scheduled this week?

10 minutes ago, weekendwarriorfsw32 said:

Oh Right on and wow how did you get a ford Rep to change your status to 02? Ive been at 10 the whole time with no dice. I wonder if because your locked it means you will get scheduled this week?

My order was placed 3/18/21 so basically 3rd day the order banks opened my truck order was placed. Dealer spoke to Ford reg. Rep and he changed it to 02.  I deleted AS 5 weeks ago and still nothing. Both dealerships that I spoke the one I ordered from plus the other one that does all my service agree with it being locked it should be scheduled soon let’s hope !!! 

9 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

My order was placed 3/18/21 so basically 3rd day the order banks opened my truck order was placed. Dealer spoke to Ford reg. Rep and he changed it to 02.  I deleted AS 5 weeks ago and still nothing. Both dealerships that I spoke the one I ordered from plus the other one that does all my service agree with it being locked it should be scheduled soon let’s hope !!! 

Good deal, did the ford rep say why it was taking so long to get scheduled for a vin?

13 minutes ago, weekendwarriorfsw32 said:

Good deal, did the ford rep say why it was taking so long to get scheduled for a vin?

He looked over my order and emailed back that the only thing that could be holding it up was certain chemicals for sprayed in bed liner. And recommended removing it and that’s when we found out order was locked and couldn’t be changed at this point !!!! 

14 hours ago, Stanggt24 said:

@ice-capades a close friend that owns another dealership had a reg. For rep look at my order and he said that commodity’s were holding it up and that my spray in bed liner was the only issue he saw on my order that would hold it up other then shortage of workers at plant of course.  So I called my dealer that ordered truck because I couldn’t get them to do what I got done from another dealer as far as talking to a rep.  And told him to remove it but I didn’t want to loss my 02 priority and he said he would make sure it stayed 02.  While on the phone and he was trying to make changes to order he says I can’t remove it your order is locked.  Does this mean my truck might be scheduled this week or maybe next week.  Because I thought changes could be made to a order as long as they weren’t scheduled. Or if anyone other then I e capades knows please chime in I ordered 3/18/21 and it’s been a long 5 months waiting !!!!

In the past, scheduled orders could be changed up until the order is "locked in" in for production. However, the increased number of retail factory orders, microchip shortages, interrupted plant schedules, commodity constraints, etc. are making it far more complicated and difficult as noted in the note below.  

• Unscheduled Retail Order Confirmation – Please ensure that all retail orders are confirmed with the customer prior to them scheduling.  Orders are locking in very quickly, and spec change and cancellation requests are also beginning to overload our Centralized Field Order Scheduling Team.  Once scheduled, dealers can amend OTD orders in WBDO and non-OTD orders can be amended in CONCEPS if they are not locked in.

Changes to orders that have been re-prioritized (01, 02) by the Ford Regional Office usually cause the priority code to revert back to 10-19. A Regional representative would then have to re-prioritize the order again. Changes to an order don't happen and still have to propagate across multiple systems and other factors affecting the order status. The order could be temporarily locked due to multiple factors and it's simply not possible to list every contingency or factor that could be involved.    

Spray-In Bedliners and Tonneau Covers are very common commodity issues due to production capacity limits.

The whole process of managing orders, scheduling, commodity constraints, microchip shortages, interrupted plant production schedules, the increased number of retail factory orders, etc. is making the whole process more complex and difficult to manage.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

In the past, scheduled orders could be changed up until the order is "locked in" in for production. However, the increased number of retail factory orders, microchip shortages, interrupted plant schedules, commodity constraints, etc. are making it far more complicated and difficult as noted in the note below.  

• Unscheduled Retail Order Confirmation – Please ensure that all retail orders are confirmed with the customer prior to them scheduling.  Orders are locking in very quickly, and spec change and cancellation requests are also beginning to overload our Centralized Field Order Scheduling Team.  Once scheduled, dealers can amend OTD orders in WBDO and non-OTD orders can be amended in CONCEPS if they are not locked in.

Changes to orders that have been re-prioritized (01, 02) by the Ford Regional Office usually cause the priority code to revert back to 10-19. A Regional representative would then have to re-prioritize the order again. Changes to an order don't happen and still have to propagate across multiple systems and other factors affecting the order status. The order could be temporarily locked due to multiple factors and it's simply not possible to list every contingency or factor that could be involved.    

Spray-In Bedliners and Tonneau Covers are very common commodity issues due to production capacity limits.

The whole process of managing orders, scheduling, commodity constraints, microchip shortages, interrupted plant production schedules, the increased number of retail factory orders, etc. is making the whole process more complex and difficult to manage.  

So it doesn’t possibly mean it will get scheduled this week. We were going to try snd delete the bed liner to get it scheduled I’m so done with this whole process thanks for the info @ice-capades

8 hours ago, OlForder said:

Ice Capades, A.Kirby, please talk me down from cancelling my current order.  Give me hope.  I ordered a loaded Lariat on 4/23/21 (w/AS).  I have experienced 3 changes in build week (8/2 to 9/20 to 9/6).  On 7/26/21, I received an E-Mail from Ford Motor Company stating that the "PRODUCTION DATE FOR YOUR VEHICLE HAS CHANGED" to 9/6/21.  Since receiving this last message, I have not reached out to my dealer, expecting that Ford was notifying me well enough preproduction. Today, since we are 2 weeks from my "build week", I requested a VVR from my dealer.  It came back "In Order Processing" with a build week of 10/25/21.  So many questions swirl around in my head...  Why did Ford notify me when it moved up, but not out?  Shouldn't I be able to modify my order, and if so, can I expectr that to improve delivery?  Do I have any other recourse, and if so, what?

ps - I tried to change my order on 7/26/21 to remove the AS, but was told then that my order was "greyed out"/"frozen" (dealer's words).  It was reported to me that this issue was "confirmed" by a regional rep.

Very similar to my order. I ordered mine on 4-22-21 and the all dates you were given are the same. 

8 hours ago, OlForder said:

Scheduled production dates are being pushed back for a number of factors but primarily due to microchip shortages and interrupted plant production schedules. Information received from Ford, via e-mail or online tracking, is not as reliable or current as the Vehicle Visibility reports. Make your Dealer do their job and provide the information you require. I won't address the issue of your now wanting to make changes to your order as I've addressed this question countless times and the issues are too complex to answer for individual orders, etc. For example, your order may be "greyed out" preventing changes because the Dealer is trying to make the change in the wrong Ford system or any one of other factors.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris E said:

Very similar to my order. I ordered mine on 4-22-21 and the all dates you were given are the same. 

Same here. Ordered 3/19. Tried to drop AS on my platinum F-250 6.7 weeks ago but was told I couldn't. Trying to stay patient but with 10/25 as a build date when I honestly expected production to begin in June (which was the schedule when I originally ordered it) it is becoming hard. Trying not to anger my dealer either. Most frustrating for me is that they can't seem to get my email added in the system to get direct from Ford updates. He says it is right but I have never gotten one email. Ice-capades helps with the updates so I don't feel completely out of the loop. Other big concern is that I got the HCTT package and the Dana axle. I hope that gets corrected before they ship.

• Like 2