2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

It would be nice to have some type of communication from Ford. Dealers are either too lazy to check or don’t know anymore than we do. Meanwhile Ford offers no communication and just keeps advertising the SD and their BEV vehicles like they are have plenty of inventory. I am Frustrated as most are on here. 

Edited by Chris E

5 hours ago, mikejones202 said:

It almost makes you want to go spend 10k over msrp for a new one.....HAHA just kidding

Almost haha I have been looking just to see what's getting delivered to dealers  but I want the truck I ordered too much but 10k over is nuts most dealers around here are looking for 4 to 10k over makes me sick 

16 hours ago, breed1 said:

I wouldn't change if i were you. I ordered my Platinum F250 loaded w/AS on 3/22 and still don't have any information other than it is still pending VIN/Scheduling.  Of course have Tonneau cover, spray in bedliner and AS so any and all the commodity issues have hit me but not giving up hope. They may never schedule my truck and then just swap it with the 2023 when they come out. I doubt they will honor the same pricing, but one could always hope. 

Well that's one of the things I asked....because I also have tonneau cover, mud flaps, spray in bed liner (comes with blackout appearance), ....they advised I am unscheduled clean....which supposedley means there are no commodity issues with my order.

Frustrating process to say the least

My brother in law ordered  in May 13th a 22 GMC Yukon Xl, $93,000 with every option. It was just delievered on August 25th. Does GM not have the chip problems as Ford? Does Ram not have chip issues? I see tons of these new GM/Chevy 2500/3500HD Duramax trucks in MN...so maybe GM uses a different type of chip that's more readily available.

Maybe Ford is getting a lot more sales that GM or Ram and Ford just cant keep up?. I really like the Ford Super Duties with the 22  12" screen. I think Ford makes the most durable truck out of the big 3. However, The extended 4.5 month wait, combined with the lack of communication, virtually useless Ford dealers....really have been considering other options. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baddestt said:

My brother in law ordered  in May 13th a 22 GMC Yukon Xl, $93,000 with every option. It was just delievered on August 25th. Does GM not have the chip problems as Ford? Does Ram not have chip issues? I see tons of these new GM/Chevy 2500/3500HD Duramax trucks in MN...so maybe GM uses a different type of chip that's more readily available.

Maybe Ford is getting a lot more sales that GM or Ram and Ford just cant keep up?. I really like the Ford Super Duties with the 22  12" screen. I think Ford makes the most durable truck out of the big 3. However, The extended 4.5 month wait, combined with the lack of communication, virtually useless Ford dealers....really have been considering other options. 

Yes, GM has the same problems.  My nephew ordered a '21 Silverado diesel early in the year.  It's now become a '22 and he still doesn't have it.

Ordered my F250 5/12 and it arrived 8/18.  Just a bit quicker than your brother in laws Yukon.  

3 hours ago, Baddestt said:

Yup the whole lack of communication thing really is poor of Ford but maybe because of all the problems that COVID caused they are having to change up SOP which I'm sure takes time.  If they aren't in the process they need to get started as customer relations needs to stay positive for the long term health of the company.  

I've been a Chevy guy through several trucks.  Liked them.  The only reason I'm giving Ford a try is Chevy doesn't as of yet have adaptive cruise control in their HD's.  After experiencing it on our car we don't want to not have it.  Current truck is a Chevy 2013 Duramax dually which is still fine and a great truck but I don't have the need for the dually anymore and want to drop down to SRW which will tow my boat just fine.  Tired of yanking that beast dually around in the parking lots trying to fit it in the narrow stalls at the marina.  

Fords production scheduling is very weird, confusing and doesn't make sense.  My order a F350 SRW Platinum with the 6.7 was ordered 3/26.  No adaptive steering, no 5th wheel prep, no bedliner so you wouldn't think any commodity hold-ups unless it's the wheel well liners.  The dealer gave me a 8/11 build time but after that date came and went there hasn't been a change in status on all the trackers that we can access so who knows what is hanging it up if it's hung up.  It is weird trucks that have been ordered substantially after mine have already been delivered.  Last I talked to the dealer they don't know what's happening either.  I guess they could be clueless on how Fords system works.

For me the poor scheduling communication isn't frustrating because of impatience of not getting the truck but it's because I want to have things lined up and scheduled when I finally receive it as I think there is some lead times involved with things like spray-in liner and tonneau covers et cetera.  Plus I'll need to move funds from one account to my working account so a decent schedule really would help the customer experience.  Ford needs to get their act together.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 8:37 AM, BikerNM said:

My truck shipped a week ago. The dealer has pulled the Vehicle Visibility Report twice, and the rail car # is not there.

Anyone know how to get the rail car # other than the VVR?

Thanks

I wish there was another way to ger the rail car #

23 minutes ago, Baddestt said:

I agree. Ford does need to get it together. I'm going to hold on to my order and just wait. I like the Fords and know I will not be happy with GM or Ram. I also have a 2022 Explorer Timberline on order for the wife

Yup, that’s your best bet. I tried to go to Ram and couldn’t do it. Gave the truck back to the dealer the next morning. Now waiting on my 22 to be built. 

Edited by Tidesright

15 minutes ago, Tidesright said:

Yup, that’s your best bet. I tried to go to Ram and couldn’t do it. Gave the truck back to the dealer the next morning. Now waiting on my 22 to be built. 

I’m ordering a 2nd truck exactly the same on Monday from the dealer that does all my service but when I called they told me it couldn’t be ordered when I ordered in March   I

have waited over 5 months with no movement still unscheduled clean.  I’m removing spray in bed liner on new order will keep 5th wheel prep no AS it’s a F350 Platinum 7.3 gas motor loaded with everything else.  Dealer knows I’m taking first truck that gets delivered and the other can mark it up and sell it.  Need it before winter I have 2 plows that need to go on truck here is my current 17 F250 lariat that’s getting traded in !! 

86B81CA6-23C8-4D5D-8124-A9F2152A01D4.jpeg

I was talking with a local dealership about ordering one at the beginning of August, they were saying 6/8 weeks order to delivery. Couple my friends that work at the plant said no way that timeline was correct, ending up not ordering one.

Took our daughter to college August 14th and found a new 2022 King Ranch setting on the lot... the exact color I was planning to order (only thing missing from my build sheet was cab marker lights) got it just under MSRP. 

IMG_9566.JPG

IMG_9555.JPG

Well no love again this week I have already fired my sales guy for him giving me crap about asking for truck status so I am dealing directly with the sales manager. I asked him this week since I ordered 5/11 if he could try and get the regional guy to try and get me a 02 code or something cool like that lol his response "There are 48 retail orders waiting to build. 23 with earlier order dates. Can't move them back." I guess I can't get mad at that as I would not want to get skipped either, but I also wonder should I call some bigger Ford dealers in Denver (I'm in Colorado Springs) to see if they would even tell me what order I would be with them? I feel like most would just tell me what I want to hear lol I also don't want to be a dick and just order from another place but really getting inpatient especially when dodge keeps getting in 3500 dually's in the limited longhorn which I really like as well. I was not required to put a deposit and the sales guy before said cancel we don't even care since we can sell it for more. I thought ordering a truck would be fun but this is just getting stupid and old, okay rant over lol

Build 22 KR Ultimate 450 in RR ordered 5/11 - still in order processing

deleted spray in bed liner and adaptive steering thinking that would help back in July realizing now did not make a difference

50 minutes ago, 22F450KR said:

Well no love again this week I have already fired my sales guy for him giving me crap about asking for truck status so I am dealing directly with the sales manager. I asked him this week since I ordered 5/11 if he could try and get the regional guy to try and get me a 02 code or something cool like that lol his response "There are 48 retail orders waiting to build. 23 with earlier order dates. Can't move them back." I guess I can't get mad at that as I would not want to get skipped either, but I also wonder should I call some bigger Ford dealers in Denver (I'm in Colorado Springs) to see if they would even tell me what order I would be with them? I feel like most would just tell me what I want to hear lol I also don't want to be a dick and just order from another place but really getting inpatient especially when dodge keeps getting in 3500 dually's in the limited longhorn which I really like as well. I was not required to put a deposit and the sales guy before said cancel we don't even care since we can sell it for more. I thought ordering a truck would be fun but this is just getting stupid and old, okay rant over lol

Build 22 KR Ultimate 450 in RR ordered 5/11 - still in order processing

deleted spray in bed liner and adaptive steering thinking that would help back in July realizing now did not make a difference

The way I understand it it's not really up to the dealer if they place the order correctly.  IE....you order, they submit the order which has a date of submission and then it's taken over by Ford depending what they want to build or have parts to build.  I "almost" feel sorry for the dealers...almost.

5 hours ago, str8shot said:

I was talking with a local dealership about ordering one at the beginning of August, they were saying 6/8 weeks order to delivery. Couple my friends that work at the plant said no way that timeline was correct, ending up not ordering one.

Took our daughter to college August 14th and found a new 2022 King Ranch setting on the lot... the exact color I was planning to order (only thing missing from my build sheet was cab marker lights) got it just under MSRP. 

NICE! (your floor mat is dirty!).  4 more weeks for me!

21 hours ago, Stanggt24 said:

I’m ordering a 2nd truck exactly the same on Monday from the dealer that does all my service but when I called they told me it couldn’t be ordered when I ordered in March   I

have waited over 5 months with no movement still unscheduled clean.  I’m removing spray in bed liner on new order will keep 5th wheel prep no AS it’s a F350 Platinum 7.3 gas motor loaded with everything else.  Dealer knows I’m taking first truck that gets delivered and the other can mark it up and sell it.  Need it before winter I have 2 plows that need to go on truck here is my current 17 F250 lariat that’s getting traded in !! 

86B81CA6-23C8-4D5D-8124-A9F2152A01D4.jpeg

I am considering doing the same. It's been 4.5 months I am still unscheduled clean on a 22 F350 6.7 Tremor Lariat Value w/black appearance. I am putting another 22 F350 6.7  order in with no black appearance (due to the spray in). Which one comes in first is the one I will buy. I need a truck before end of year! I just can't bring myself to get a Ram or GMC...I looked and drove them, just can't do it. I'll stay with Ford

• Like 1

I am considering doing the same. It's been 4.5 months I am still unscheduled clean on a 22 F350 6.7 Tremor Lariat Value w/black appearance. I am putting another 22 F350 6.7  order in with no black appearance (due to the spray in). Which one comes in first is the one I will buy. I need a truck before end of year! I just can't bring myself to get a Ram or GMC...I looked and drove them, just can't do it. I'll stay with Ford

I looked into a gmc Denali but it being there top of the line almost didn’t even compare to a lariat never mind a platinum or limited I’m going to stay with Ford even if I end up keeping my truck but we will see I need my truck to be scheduled soon to be ready fir winter in New England!!!

17 hours ago, Mbrooks44 said:

My dealer said Ford is not scheduling DRW this week, so you are screwed again, like me. 

Wow I wonder how they get that information I hope its not true lol but thanks for the info so I maybe won't be quite as disappointed this week lol

5 hours ago, Baddestt said:

I have ordered two trucks, both with spray in bed liners and both have been built and shipped. One was ordered in April and one the first of July.