2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I ordered 4/13 and 6/29. Intentionally over two months apart because I did not want to get them at the same time. I was hoping for at least a month or more to sell the current truck that I am driving before the second one arrives. As it stands now both trucks will be delivered within two weeks of each other sometime in September. Oh well, it is what it is. I'm pretty excited about the new work truck. It will be nice having a real center counsel and seat heaters. It's almost time to detail the existing truck and get it ready to sell!

Edited by Robin Hood

On 8/29/2021 at 12:49 PM, Baddestt said:

I am considering doing the same. It's been 4.5 months I am still unscheduled clean on a 22 F350 6.7 Tremor Lariat Value w/black appearance. I am putting another 22 F350 6.7  order in with no black appearance (due to the spray in). Which one comes in first is the one I will buy. I need a truck before end of year! I just can't bring myself to get a Ram or GMC...I looked and drove them, just can't do it. I'll stay with Ford

Placed 2nd order today they seem to think my first one wasn’t properly inputted and once COVP was submitted they should have cancelled first order but because I had a PCO attached to order they couldn’t cancel and resubmit which is why my truck my not have been selected for scheduling yet I’m not sure. They confirmed my new order which I got email before leaving dealership and unlike the first o e they locked my trade in price in so I at least know what I’m getting for my truck.  Bad part is my PCO expired in July and was locked into first truck but they are going to try and speak to Ford rep to get my PCO locked in since it’s on other order and also going to try and get me a 01 priority code to get it built soon since I have already wasted 5 months.  If your in Massachusetts stay away from the dealer in Webster, Ma not going to call there name out but if your from the area u will figure it out !!!! Horrible customer service !!!!

9CABAB3C-2047-4616-B283-E5CC5B1F5ADA.jpeg

9FB3B7F2-25A2-4928-B0C4-1621A9D8BF60.png

On 8/27/2021 at 11:16 AM, JC3837 said:

I have a F350 Lariat withTremor package and adaptive steering ordered 06/07/21, still no VIN, nothing. My dealer said it was probably due to adaptive steering but I have decided to wait for what I ordered. A buddy of mine ordered a F350 Platinum around the same time and he still does not have a VIN either. So it looks like it is just the luck of the draw. Good luck. 

Ford has publicly stated they are not building any lariats or platinums with AS(and havent scheduled any since june). Thats the only current commodity restraint that ford has published.

On 8/28/2021 at 11:35 AM, Baddestt said:

I agree. Ford does need to get it together. I'm going to hold on to my order and just wait. I like the Fords and know I will not be happy with GM or Ram. I also have a 2022 Explorer Timberline on order for the wife

If Ram suddenly announces that they're going to offer a wide-track front axle like on the F450 I ordered last March, I'd dump the Ford and get the Ram in a heart beat. Ford can't get their ordering $#!t together soon. Though we haven't had a pandemic like this before, all the Ram and Jeep orders I've place were quick to fill and everything was transparent. Ford's ordering and tracking system is not transparent at all - regardless of pandemic. It seem that they just can't get it together at all. Communication from Ford to my dealer and/or with me is horrible.  

Things have gotten confusing for me.
Ordered: March 26 2022MY F350 w/6/7 Platinum.
Dealer told me awhile back the build date was: 8/11...Nothing weird in my build like AS to hold things up
8/11 came at went with no change in my status. I asked the dealer about it but they couldn't figure why either...or that's what they told me.
Soooo
I asked the Ford employee here in Blue Oval Forum to see what his tracking said about my build.
His reply:
"See your dealer, someone screwed up because this order was cancelled on July 30th.
In Order Processing - Cancelled Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Jul-30-2021."

Anyone have a clue what would cause this? I haven't done any change orders et cetera. Just trying to patient and staying low key. But....something went fuubar.

Dealer hasn't answered me yet after I texted him early this morning.   I was headed out salmon fishing so cell range was limited.  I am beyond upset right at the minute considering I've been waiting since 8/11.  Pissed I didn't even get a reply on the text.

9 hours ago, Dewbs said:

How long do trucks usually sit waiting to be picked up by the carrier? Currently sitting at Lordstown. 

Don't you think for such an expensive vehicle they could have tracking at least equivalent to FedEx (who constantly gets it wrong anyway)? ? 

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2021 at 1:56 PM, Overthebars said:

Seeing trucks ordered after you getting scheduled is so frustrating I can't imagine what you guys that order 5 -6 months ago are going through. I've been truckless after a total loss for a  few months now and it's getting very old!! Seeing the pictures of all the delivered trucks  definitely helps  bring some hope 

same here ! ordered a F450 Platinum on 3/18 I received the one email stating they accepted the order but never herd nothing back. Im still waiting

1 hour ago, Chris E said:

Ordered F-350 Platinum 6.7 on 4-22-21 and have had so many build weeks that I’ve forgotten them. The new one is 10-25 and I don’t really expect it to stick. 

I ordered 3/19 same truck as yours w/AS.  My latest build week is 10/25.  Guess there will be a shi#tload of trucks of that configuration built that week?  Hopefully!!  

2 hours ago, Texas250 said:

So looks like my truck is built, can anyone help with the ship date 10? not sure what that means?

any help is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 9.21.28 AM.png

That is the estimated total days of transit to your dealer. Ford provides a delivery range on their tracker...might make more sense on the official one. Looks like it shipped August 29. 

17 minutes ago, DMBKaren41 said:

That is the estimated total days of transit to your dealer. Ford provides a delivery range on their tracker...might make more sense on the official one. Looks like it shipped August 29. 

Thank you, the ford tracker shows the same 10 days just wasn't sure exactly what it meant.