2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Hey guys! New to the Ford forum. I currently have a 2022 Ram 2500 Limited MegaCab on order. Ram is very poor in customer service and I’m left guessing as to progress of my order. Last update, it’s still not even in que to be built yet. I ordered on 6/21. The aggravating part is that several orders of same model that were ordered after mine, are getting build/ship dates. I’m seeing all this on the Ram forum. I know it’s all a crap shoot. If I don’t have any new info in the next 2 weeks, I’m pulling my order and going with F-250. I’ve already found a local dealership that accepts X Plan pricing that i have access to. My question to you guys is, how long are your wait times from order to delivery been. The local dealer quoted me 4 months. Does that sound realistic? With Ram, there is a dealer in Lake Charles, LA, where I ordered from, that is giving deals better than Invoice. Right around 12% off MSRP. Is there any dealers in South US that are beating X Plan pricing? I’ve done a little research and the whole Ford ordering process is WAY BETTER than Ram!! Anyway, any little help is much appreciated! And if all this info is in the previous several hundred threads, tell me to quit being lazy and read! Haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeepH2ODriller said:

Hey guys! New to the Ford forum. I currently have a 2022 Ram 2500 Limited MegaCab on order. Ram is very poor in customer service and I’m left guessing as to progress of my order. Last update, it’s still not even in que to be built yet. I ordered on 6/21. The aggravating part is that several orders of same model that were ordered after mine, are getting build/ship dates. I’m seeing all this on the Ram forum. I know it’s all a crap shoot. If I don’t have any new info in the next 2 weeks, I’m pulling my order and going with F-250. I’ve already found a local dealership that accepts X Plan pricing that i have access to. My question to you guys is, how long are your wait times from order to delivery been. The local dealer quoted me 4 months. Does that sound realistic? With Ram, there is a dealer in Lake Charles, LA, where I ordered from, that is giving deals better than Invoice. Right around 12% off MSRP. Is there any dealers in South US that are beating X Plan pricing? I’ve done a little research and the whole Ford ordering process is WAY BETTER than Ram!! Anyway, any little help is much appreciated! And if all this info is in the previous several hundred threads, tell me to quit being lazy and read! Haha

It's all over the place on delivery times allegedly there is a rime and reason to it but I don't think most actually know what it is including most dealers. I bet your ram would arrive before a newly order ford but who knows 

18 hours ago, Paragon said:

"See your dealer, someone screwed up because this order was cancelled on July 30th.
In Order Processing - Cancelled Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Jul-30-2021."

Anyone have a clue what would cause this? I haven't done any change orders et cetera. Just trying to patient and staying low key. But....something went fuubar.

Dealer hasn't answered me yet after I texted him early this morning.   I was headed out salmon fishing so cell range was limited.  I am beyond upset right at the minute considering I've been waiting since 8/11.  Pissed I didn't even get a reply on the text.

Get your deposit back and find a new dealer.  As long as you don't order adaptive steering, you'll get scheduled quickly. Me, I'm still waiting on my March 18th order with AS.

18 hours ago, Paragon said:

Things have gotten confusing for me.
Ordered: March 26 2022MY F350 w/6/7 Platinum.
Dealer told me awhile back the build date was: 8/11...Nothing weird in my build like AS to hold things up
8/11 came at went with no change in my status. I asked the dealer about it but they couldn't figure why either...or that's what they told me.
Soooo
I asked the Ford employee here in Blue Oval Forum to see what his tracking said about my build.
His reply:
"See your dealer, someone screwed up because this order was cancelled on July 30th.
In Order Processing - Cancelled Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Jul-30-2021."

Anyone have a clue what would cause this? I haven't done any change orders et cetera. Just trying to patient and staying low key. But....something went fuubar.

Dealer hasn't answered me yet after I texted him early this morning.   I was headed out salmon fishing so cell range was limited.  I am beyond upset right at the minute considering I've been waiting since 8/11.  Pissed I didn't even get a reply on the text.

Definitely get your money back and find a new dealer. I have a dealer I get my trucks from that’s doing just over invoice for new 22 orders but it’s down here in south Florida. Let me know if you want the guys contact. Hell you can order the truck, and when you come down you can book me for a day of fishing out of Miami for some bonefish and permit. Spin or fly you choose lol 

• Like 1

I too ordered a Ram back in March. After a couple months of Stellantis not building it, and the fact that I kept getting sick to my stomach about thinking I was trading for a Ram, I called the dealer to cancel the order.  They kept the order and truck coming and also added $5K to MSRP of all HD Rams.  I ordered a 22 F350 Platinum Tremor Aug. 8th from a different dealer  and no longer sick to my stomach about this decision. I know it will be a long wait but at least I'll still be driving a Ford!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

What are you getting? I'm sure you have posted it somewhere like we all have, but I can't remember... do you have AS? Or is is something else that is pushing your date back? Also, did you get an email stating your date is pushed back?

F350D  CCLB  Originally had AS, deleted that option, and got schedule for 9/7.  Received an email pushing the date back to 9/17.

1 hour ago, ScottK1 said:

Get your deposit back and find a new dealer.  As long as you don't order adaptive steering, you'll get scheduled quickly. Me, I'm still waiting on my March 18th order with AS.

We are order date brothers.  I also ordered my first truck on 3/18/21 and removed AS 6 weeks ago. Just ordered another truck from a different dealer and I will take truck that comes first. Also first order was changed from a 19 to a priority 02 3 weeks ago from a Ford Reg. Rep and still crickets !!! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AZTiger said:

Anyone else having issues with the Ford Tracker and the Mach-E Reservation Detail site? 

They are both working for me. Good news is that earlier today my status changed to "In production" on the Mach E site, but still just shows "order confirmed" on the Ford site. Hoping the Ford site updates sometime tomorrow or the next day!

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy said:

I too ordered a Ram back in March. After a couple months of Stellantis not building it, and the fact that I kept getting sick to my stomach about thinking I was trading for a Ram, I called the dealer to cancel the order.  They kept the order and truck coming and also added $5K to MSRP of all HD Rams.  I ordered a 22 F350 Platinum Tremor Aug. 8th from a different dealer  and no longer sick to my stomach about this decision. I know it will be a long wait but at least I'll still be driving a Ford!

Man funny you should say that. I ordered a ram earlier this year. Took delivery of it and returned it 24 hours later. They took it back and sold it for over MSRP.  I honestly couldn’t sleep that night knowing I was driving a Ram. It was the craziest thing ever. Legit sick to my stomach. Now I have a 22 on order and even my wife is excited. ( she was NOT a fan of the Ram)

Edited by Tidesright

13 minutes ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

They are both working for me. Good news is that earlier today my status changed to "In production" on the Mach E site, but still just shows "order confirmed" on the Ford site. Hoping the Ford site updates sometime tomorrow or the next day!

Hopefully this is good news for me. My dealer said production day is set for September 11th. 

59 minutes ago, AZTiger said:

Hopefully this is good news for me. My dealer said production day is set for September 11th. 

My email from Ford on 8/12 quoted a build week of 9/6. CybermanD quoted a build day of 9/7, so keeping my fingers crossed!

Edit,  just checked and now the Ford site updated to “In production” and the link for my window sticker is up, although it isn’t available yet… maybe in the next few days!!

Edited by chadstickpoindexter

34 minutes ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

My email from Ford on 8/12 quoted a build week of 9/6. CybermanD quoted a build day of 9/7, so keeping my fingers crossed!

Edit,  just checked and now the Ford site updated to “In production” and the link for my window sticker is up, although it isn’t available yet… maybe in the next few days!!

Looks like I have my window sticker from the Mach-E site now. But ford tracker is still not available. 

12 hours ago, Tidesright said:

I ordered 8/8 and schedule to be built 9/19. It all depends on what options your are getting. The people with AS seem to have to most delays. Many of them are scheduled to be built 10/25 just to give you an idea. 

I would be happy to get a date…..any date!   I ordered in July and am still not scheduled.