2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I ordered my Platinum on 04/14 and still haven't received a VIN or been scheduled for production. My dealer text me yesterday and said their scheduler in Dearborn informed them my truck is being held up because of commodity issues with the spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep package. He has removed both of these from my build so we will see how long it takes to get scheduled for production. I understand there are a number of individuals on this thread who have trucks with these same 2 commodities that have already been built, I am just sharing this information for those like myself who are growing increasingly frustrated with inconsistencies of the scheduling/build timeline. 

45 minutes ago, ccook said:

I ordered my Platinum on 04/14 and still haven't received a VIN or been scheduled for production. My dealer text me yesterday and said their scheduler in Dearborn informed them my truck is being held up because of commodity issues with the spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep package. He has removed both of these from my build so we will see how long it takes to get scheduled for production. I understand there are a number of individuals on this thread who have trucks with these same 2 commodities that have already been built, I am just sharing this information for those like myself who are growing increasingly frustrated with inconsistencies of the scheduling/build timeline. 

Commodity issues change on a weekly basis and depend on numerous factors including supplier issues, plant capacity, etc. 

Per the New York Regional Office (This Week)

Super Duty and Expedition scheduling has been CANCELLED for this Thursday, September 2nd.   

No Availability:

• Spray in bedliner (85S)
  • Fifth Wheel - Fleetmaster (53W)
  • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, blott93 said:

It sucks seeing more complex orders after your order date getting scheduled. Ordered a 22 250 CCSB XLT 7.3 on 8/9 and no build date yet. I know it's only been 3 weeks but can't wait to get out of my 150 and into my new truck!

Imagine ordering yours 3/19 and being told it will be 10/25 before you get built.

31 minutes ago, Imarkdirt said:

Imagine ordering yours 3/19 and being told it will be 10/25 before you get built.

I can relate... We order Feb 13 only to have the order rejected and had to reorder as a 22. Now on the flip side, ours has been built, but it seems it may never be delivered. ?

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Commodity issues change on a weekly basis and depend on numerous factors including supplier issues, plant capacity, etc. 

Super Duty and Expedition scheduling has been CANCELLED for this Thursday, September 2nd.   

No Availability:

So, do Iread that to say that, because of lack of spray-in bed liner, fifth wheel, and tonneau covers, that they just decided to cancel scheduling for this week? I suppose that would make sense if it's affecting too many orders to bother with scheduling. ?

-SR-

20 minutes ago, greatoppressor said:

So, do Iread that to say that, because of lack of spray-in bed liner, fifth wheel, and tonneau covers, that they just decided to cancel scheduling for this week? I suppose that would make sense if it's affecting too many orders to bother with scheduling. ?

-SR-

Those items alone would not make them cancel Super Duty scheduling this week. 

2 hours ago, Imarkdirt said:

I don't need to imagine.... Ordered 3/31. 

I got that 10/25 date and didn't believe it for a minute. I cancelled adaptive steering a couple weeks ago, but still have no idea when I'll get the truck.

29 minutes ago, 22F350_SRW said:

So next week Thursday is next scheduling run or is it later down the line in September?  As others have said thanks for all of the info you provide on this forum!!

Ford only provides the scheduling plan for one week at a time. The information is released late Friday for the following week.  

Edited by ice-capades

13 minutes ago, tdbohannon said:

So if you have this package, and already have a VIN (even if no one seems to be able to find my scheduled week) then this doesn't really affect you or delay your truck?

No. As stated, commodity restraints apply to unscheduled orders only. Production delays this year are related to interrupted plant schedules caused by the microchip shortages.

Additional production changes just reported...

https://fordauthority.com/2021/09/2021-ford-f-150-ford-super-duty-production-to-be-scaled-back/ 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

No Availability:

So I finally get some good news today from the dealer that my Order is being previewed in the system after more than 5 months and hoping for some movement in my order.  Then I check in on the Forum and Pop goes the balloon after seeing this Post!

• Sad 1