2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Commodity issues affect unscheduled orders only.

Then how did my F450 Platinum with adaptive steering first get scheduled for July 19?

Then July 26... then Aug 9... then Sep 26... then Sep 19.... then October 25? (I don't know what it is now, since I removed adaptive steering a couple weeks ago.)

The announcement of the adaptive steering being a commodity issue came out way after it was initially mentioned. 

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Commodity issues change on a weekly basis and depend on numerous factors including supplier issues, plant capacity, etc. 

Per the New York Regional Office (This Week)

Super Duty and Expedition scheduling has been CANCELLED for this Thursday, September 2nd.   

No Availability:

• Spray in bedliner (85S)
  • Fifth Wheel - Fleetmaster (53W)
  • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)

Lucky me, I have all 3 options plus the dreaded AS?

On 8/30/2021 at 9:48 PM, Paragon said:

Things have gotten confusing for me.
Ordered: March 26 2022MY F350 w/6/7 Platinum.
Dealer told me awhile back the build date was: 8/11...Nothing weird in my build like AS to hold things up
8/11 came at went with no change in my status. I asked the dealer about it but they couldn't figure why either...or that's what they told me.
Soooo
I asked the Ford employee here in Blue Oval Forum to see what his tracking said about my build.
His reply:
"See your dealer, someone screwed up because this order was cancelled on July 30th.
In Order Processing - Cancelled Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Jul-30-2021."

Anyone have a clue what would cause this? I haven't done any change orders et cetera. Just trying to patient and staying low key. But....something went fuubar.

Dealer hasn't answered me yet after I texted him early this morning.   I was headed out salmon fishing so cell range was limited.  I am beyond upset right at the minute considering I've been waiting since 3/26.  Pissed I didn't even get a reply on the text.

So an update on this.  Ordered 3/26.  Something went wrong on the dealer end with the order being cancelled 7/30.  They had earlier given me a build date 8/11 so when I didn't see a status change I started to question them.  Before that I wasn't hounding, bugging.

Anyway according to my sales guy one of their sales managers (who is no longer with them) canceled the order by mistake, on purpose or whatever...who knows.  I actually had to tell them the order had been canceled for some reason....sheesh.  He's trying to get me slotted quickly because of the screw-up but can't give me an answer of when or how.  I'm not sure if there is a way Ford allows you to jump to the front of the line in a case like this.   I've put in my waiting period starting 3/26.  When the build date came and went with no action I texted asking them about it.  They didn't have an answer and didn't see the order was canceled a couple of weeks before that.  Sales guy said the Sales manager flat liked to him....yeah ok maybe.  The only reason I'm sticking with them so far is the chance they might be able to get me scheduled quicker.  Need an answer for that quick or soon or I'm moving to a different dealer.  F**k I was even clicking through Ram's web site but went ehhh when I saw the 6 speed tranny.  First ever Ford for me, I've been a Chevy guy but they don't offer adaptive cruise in their HD trucks yet which I want so I'm trying Ford this time.  The Ford shopping experience hasn't been good.

• Angry 1

22 minutes ago, JZahn said:

I contacted my sales guy this morning and removed the spray in bedliner and tonneau cover. Easy aftermarket things I can add when I get my truck. 

I also removed the tonneau and the console safe from mine. I actually got the specific tonneau cover I wanted, and for less than what I was paying through Ford and it's sitting here in my hallway waiting for the truck to get here! Plus now once my truck is built it only needs to get loaded up to come home instead of going somewhere else for more production..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kory04 said:

I read an article this morning that KTP is going down to two shifts from 3, for the next two weeks due to semiconductor shortage.  Not sure if they eliminated a M-F shift, or just the weekend shift. I'm hoping my 9/17 date holds

I’m hoping my build day of 9/19 holds also at this point! 

46 minutes ago, Bama-Hoosier said:

You can buy the console safe direct for a lot cheaper.

Yeah, that's also why I took it off... plus, I can make sure I get the model that I want. I don't want the keyed version, and would rather have the combination version, and unfortunately, Ford doesn't specify which one they are putting in the vehicles.