2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

As I've stated earlier in this thread.  My order that was placed 3/26, had a VIN # and had an assigned build date of 8/11.  Seeing no status change after the so called build date I started checking and I found out my order had been canceled on July 30.  Supposedly that sales manager is no longer working with them so maybe a bad mistake or a disgruntled employee sabotage...anyway it's all on that dealer regardless.  The only reason I'm still working with them is they're trying to get the now new order pushed through with the district manager or whatever they're called and I'm holding them to the original price.

It's kind of sad regarding this dealer.  I was the one that had to tell them the 2022 order banks were open as they originally wrote me up a 2021 order right when 2021's were closed.  They couldn't tell me if the 2021 had gone through or not so switched it to a 2022 which I wanted anyway because of the larger screen.  Then I was the one that informed them that they had canceled my order so the whole process starts over again.  They didn't know it was canceled. 

What's now weird.  I had gone into the dealership, told them the 2021's were closed so the order was changed to 2022 which probably was their first 2022 ordered.  I logged on to their web page this morning and see they have three 2022 Super Duties on the lot.  One is a Platinum which my order is but it's a Tremor which mine isn't.  How in the hell could they have three 2022's on the lot which I'm assuming are stock?  I thought from all the reading on the various forums Retail takes precedence right now.  I'd ask them for the Platinum they have but it's Star White which the wife things is a too feminine color for a truck so waiting for the Carbonized Gray.

26 minutes ago, Paragon said:

As I've stated earlier in this thread.  My order that was placed 3/26, had a VIN # and had an assigned build date of 8/11.  Seeing no status change after the so called build date I started checking and I found out my order had been canceled on July 30.  Supposedly that sales manager is no longer working with them so maybe a bad mistake or a disgruntled employee sabotage...anyway it's all on that dealer regardless.  The only reason I'm still working with them is they're trying to get the now new order pushed through with the district manager or whatever they're called and I'm holding them to the original price.

It's kind of sad regarding this dealer.  I was the one that had to tell them the 2022 order banks were open as they originally wrote me up a 2021 order right when 2021's were closed.  They couldn't tell me if the 2021 had gone through or not so switched it to a 2022 which I wanted anyway because of the larger screen.  Then I was the one that informed them that they had canceled my order so the whole process starts over again.  They didn't know it was canceled. 

What's now weird.  I had gone into the dealership, told them the 2021's were closed so the order was changed to 2022 which probably was their first 2022 ordered.  I logged on to their web page this morning and see they have three 2022 Super Duties on the lot.  One is a Platinum which my order is but it's a Tremor which mine isn't.  How in the hell could they have three 2022's on the lot which I'm assuming are stock?  I thought from all the reading on the various forums Retail takes precedence right now.  I'd ask them for the Platinum they have but it's Star White which the wife things is a too feminine color for a truck so waiting for the Carbonized Gray.

It's hard to believe you're still dealing with this Dealer but you certainly realize that you do so at your own risk. Unfortunately, with what you've revealed of your experience, it seems like more than just a disgruntled employee with the history and time involved. Look at the vehicle Window Stickers showing as in stock at their website. If the Window Stickers are blue, they're stock orders, and retail orders if they're green. Even so, they could be vehicles in transit that haven't cleared through FordDirect yet.  

9 hours ago, khansen said:

My 2022 F-250 Lariat was pushed back 2 weeks from the 9-13 build date. I ordered 4-16 

I have a question,,, has anyone tried putting a, Westin HDX grille gaurd on a 2022 ???

damn this is what has been worrying me. I’m scheduled for the week of the 13 also. More specifically the 19. I’m hoping I don’t get pushed back as well but I wouldn’t be surprised if I do get moved. I sure hope not! 

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

It's hard to believe you're still dealing with this Dealer but you certainly realize that you do so at your own risk. Unfortunately, with what you've revealed of your experience, it seems like more than just a disgruntled employee with the history and time involved. Look at the vehicle Window Stickers showing as in stock at their website. If the Window Stickers are blue, they're stock orders, and retail orders if they're green. Even so, they could be vehicles in transit that haven't cleared through FordDirect yet.  

Yup the stickers are green so I'd assume they're using the trucks on the web site as a leader trying to get people to call.  I'm shopping other dealers now.

51 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Yup the stickers are green so I'd assume they're using the trucks on the web site as a leader trying to get people to call.  I'm shopping other dealers now.

Retail orders will initially show online at the dealership website and then get purged after being identified as such with the FordDirect inventory. 

53 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Retail orders will initially show online at the dealership website and then get purged after being identified as such with the FordDirect inventory. 

Ice if I have a scheduled date, could I still be potentially pushed back? Just curious about this. Thanks. 

FNG here and my 1st post.  First new truck for me in 20+ years!!!!  Doing some research on order times and stumbled upon this forum.  Pretty educational.

8/2/21: Ordered F-450 Crew, Diesel, King Ranch.  Adaptive steering & cruise, power running boards, block heater, Antimatter Blue, Fx4, 397 Amp alternators, Quad beam LED headlights, NO Moonroof!

Ordered through Military Auto Sales (MAS). MAS uses the following to show progress of the build

Order Submitted - Production - Built - Transit - Arrived at Destination.

Mine has been updated to Production.  MAS is still telling me the delivery date is scheduled for 12/26/21.

I have an order number but no VIN yet.  I've been reading about delays due to various accessories, luckily I didn't order bed liner, cover etc.  Only thing that it seems may hold mine up is adaptive steering since everyone is mentioning that.  Not going to delete that to speed things up.  I keep my trucks for 10+ years so a little extra waiting now is okay with me, not easy but okay in the big picture.

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Commodity restraints change and are updated on a weekly basis but the 5th Wheel Prep and Spray-In Bedliner options are regular commodity issues due to production and supplier issues.  

Where is the best place to find the updated weekly commodity status? When would we know for next week if they will have the 5 Th wheel prep back in stock

Hi Guys - I left Ford's for one RAM and was excited to place an order for a Lariat 350 6.7 last week. I ordered it from Casco Bay Ford in Maine and was told 8-12 weeks as they had the allocation. After reading this thread I am thinking there is no way that will happen. I am wondering if I drop the bed liner will it get picked up next week? Any suggestions - No crazy options - Black Package, Plow prep, 3.55, ultimate, FX4, Bed Liner, no sun roof.

I need it for plowing this winter, any suggestions or stories of them actually showing up in 8-12 will help me sleep.

Thanks!

36 minutes ago, bubski1 said:

Hi Guys - I left Ford's for one RAM and was excited to place an order for a Lariat 350 6.7 last week. I ordered it from Casco Bay Ford in Maine and was told 8-12 weeks as they had the allocation. After reading this thread I am thinking there is no way that will happen. I am wondering if I drop the bed liner will it get picked up next week? Any suggestions - No crazy options - Black Package, Plow prep, 3.55, ultimate, FX4, Bed Liner, no sun roof.

I need it for plowing this winter, any suggestions or stories of them actually showing up in 8-12 will help me sleep.

Thanks!

I ordered 3/18 first f350 platinum no as has bed liner and 5th wheel prep nothing but crickets has had a 02 priority code set by Ford for 3 weeks.  Ordered 2nd truck last Monday from different dealer same truck no bed liner and will drop 5th early this week if it’s a issue.  Was told from new dealer it should be ordered this week they have the allocation and this order is 10 priority.  1st dealer has been yanking my chain for months will take the first truck that gets delivered.  I live in Massachusetts and also have so much to do before winter to plow my residential driveways with it.  Was told late October early November for 2nd order.    Hope this helps sorry so long winded.  Good luck 

20 minutes ago, Stanggt24 said:

I ordered 3/18 first f350 platinum no as has bed liner and 5th wheel prep nothing but crickets has had a 02 priority code set by Ford for 3 weeks.  Ordered 2nd truck last Monday from different dealer same truck no bed liner and will drop 5th early this week if it’s a issue.  Was told from new dealer it should be ordered this week they have the allocation and this order is 10 priority.  1st dealer has been yanking my chain for months will take the first truck that gets delivered.  I live in Massachusetts and also have so much to do before winter to plow my residential driveways with it.  Was told late October early November for 2nd order.    Hope this helps sorry so long winded.  Good luck 

That gives me some confidence! Its a shame all dealers are not straight up. I have dealt with this one before so hopefully they don't let me down.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, weekendwarriorfsw32 said:

Where is the best place to find the updated weekly commodity status? When would we know for next week if they will have the 5 Th wheel prep back in stock

Check the Ford Scheduling Notes section. https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70846-ford-weekly-scheduling-notes/&page=3

Ford usually sends out the information on Monday afternoon for vehicle scheduling that Thursday. I post additional updates as they're received.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bubski1 said:

Thanks!

The Spray-In Bedliner is a common commodity issue due to production capacity limitations and will delay scheduling when availability is restricted. 

8 hours ago, Stanggt24 said:

Was told from new dealer it should be ordered this week they have the allocation and this order is 10 priority.  

If the Dealer is waiting for allocation before placing the order, you're doing business with the wrong Dealer!

Dealers should submit orders to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) upon receipt in order to "Price Protect" the order from price increases and to establish the original order date for scheduling purposes. The Dealer should also submit the order information along with a copy of your Driver's License and signed Buyer's Order to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) to qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. Otherwise, the order will require regular allocation for scheduling.  

• Like 1

Congrats! The window sticker on mine keeps going back and forth between 9/1 and 9/4 so i wonder if mine got built over the weekend. I don’t know how the holiday plays into the assembly so I just assumed nothing was being done over the long weekend.

On 9/4/2021 at 4:50 PM, Townado said:

There’s a commodity restriction for the Adaptive Steering option and it is preventing production at all trim levels. If you want your truck to have a chance at getting a VIN/production week, you will need to delete the option from your order or wait until the restriction is removed. As of now, Ford has labeled the delay as “Until Further Notice” which means it’s gonna awhile. Hope that helps.

From what I have read the King Ranch trim is not effected by AS.  

• Like 2

On 9/4/2021 at 12:34 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

I keep getting a  1k pco on email for a F-150 and Escape or an Excursion but they all say not available on super duty Mustang Exedra Exedra....

I've gotten three of these so far but nothing for a super duty..... and I have not done any searches on those three vehicles at all, and my profile on Ford is set up for super duty only

I am in the same boat.  Marketing always ends my phone call with “you have a PCO if anyone in your house is looking for a Ford Edge etc”.  Not available for SD.  

4 hours ago, Evanl said:

Congrats! The window sticker on mine keeps going back and forth between 9/1 and 9/4 so i wonder if mine got built over the weekend. I don’t know how the holiday plays into the assembly so I just assumed nothing was being done over the long weekend.

What date keeps changing? The date in the "Special Order" box should be the date that the truck was sent to plant, or went to in production, not built. Mine went 8/31/21 and it hasn't changed since I got the sticker. I'm scheduled to be built tomorrow. It seems from looking at the spreadsheet with everyones orders, once the vehicle changes to In Production, it's usually about 7-10 days later that it gets built. Tomorrow will be 8 days for mine, so I'mhoping it gets built tomorrow! But I don't believe there is a date on the sticker for completion of the truck. There is a date at the very bottom of the sticker page, but I don't know what that date is. I'm pretty sure it is not for completion though because I looked online at a truck that is indeed on the lot and the date on the bottom of that sticker is 9/1/21... I would be very surprised if it was built just 5 days ago and already shipped, unloaded and cleaned up to sit on the lot. 

Maybe I'm wrong though...

Edited by chadstickpoindexter