2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Well, first post in a while, been doing a little camping. My F-350 XLT regular cab rapid red, finally went through the final processes: Built 8/31, Released 9/2, Shipped on 9/4. Scheduled to be delivered between 9/19 and 9/25. If I'm lucky, it'll be here in Bama before the 19th. Pics will be forthcoming, especially once the Highboy style two-tone white decals are added.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bubski1 said:

Hi Guys - I left Ford's for one RAM and was excited to place an order for a Lariat 350 6.7 last week. I ordered it from Casco Bay Ford in Maine and was told 8-12 weeks as they had the allocation. After reading this thread I am thinking there is no way that will happen. I am wondering if I drop the bed liner will it get picked up next week? Any suggestions - No crazy options - Black Package, Plow prep, 3.55, ultimate, FX4, Bed Liner, no sun roof.

I need it for plowing this winter, any suggestions or stories of them actually showing up in 8-12 will help me sleep.

Thanks!

You could always get lucky, but If this is your only plow truck, you  NEED a plan B. In all likelihood, you will not get this in time.  I've seen several postings that average lead time for a super duty is around 28 weeks.  I ordered 4/12, and am looking at a 9/17 build date, with a very real possibility it will be pushed back a couple more weeks due to the reduced production schedule the next couple weeks.  Even if by some miracle you get scheduled for production sometime in October, you are far enough away that it will probably go by rail, then truck to the dealer. The Bedliner will take several days extra even if there are no scheduling issues with it. 

I wish you luck, but I think absolutely no way you will get this before it snows.

13 minutes ago, Kory04 said:

You could always get lucky, but If this is your only plow truck, you  NEED a plan B. In all likelihood, you will not get this in time.  I've seen several postings that average lead time for a super duty is around 28 weeks.  I ordered 4/12, and am looking at a 9/17 build date, with a very real possibility it will be pushed back a couple more weeks due to the reduced production schedule the next couple weeks.  Even if by some miracle you get scheduled for production sometime in October, you are far enough away that it will probably go by rail, then truck to the dealer. The Bedliner will take several days extra even if there are no scheduling issues with it. 

I wish you luck, but I think absolutely no way you will get this before it snows.

Agreed that seams like a rather  unrealistic time frame of 8 to 12 weeks 

21 hours ago, bubski1 said:

Hi Guys - I left Ford's for one RAM and was excited to place an order for a Lariat 350 6.7 last week. I ordered it from Casco Bay Ford in Maine and was told 8-12 weeks as they had the allocation. After reading this thread I am thinking there is no way that will happen. I am wondering if I drop the bed liner will it get picked up next week? Any suggestions - No crazy options - Black Package, Plow prep, 3.55, ultimate, FX4, Bed Liner, no sun roof.

I need it for plowing this winter, any suggestions or stories of them actually showing up in 8-12 will help me sleep.

Thanks!

Dropping the bedliner should help, but I hope you have a plan B if you absolutely need this truck at the beginning of when the snow flys in Maine. Best of luck to you. I ordered mine about 5 weeks ago, nothing yet, but I didn’t expect anything for at least another month or two.

3 hours ago, Kory04 said:

I don't miss the snow one bit!!  

CT Snow.jpg

Edited by kbawi

49 minutes ago, Overthebars said:

Agreed that seams like a rather  unrealistic time frame of 8 to 12 weeks 

I wouldn't say it is "unrealistic" but there is absolutely no time frame that is definite. Check out the delivered tab over on the spreadsheet for 2022 SD's... sure, in the grand scheme of things, it's a small sample size, but it's large enough to draw some basic conclusions. There are currently over 300 users that have submitted their info which have VIN numbers (aka: "scheduled") and another 137 that are marked as delivered. On top of that, there is another nearly 250 on a separate list made up of folks that are "unscheduled" (aka: no VIN assigned yet). This is a picture of around 700 2022 Ford SD customers, ranging from dates between 3/11/21 all the way to 9/6/21, from just ordered to already been delivered. Out of these 700 so far, 137 are marked as delivered, and so far those time frames from date of order to delivery range from 49 days (7 weeks) to 169 days (24+ weeks)... I guess a real simple way of saying this is that the average of these orders are around 15-16 weeks, but obviously some much sooner, and some much later...

BUT, this is a bit skewed too though... considering that those that ordered way back in mid March actually waited 4 months (16 weeks) before they even started building 22's, it's kind of hard to count that time since they weren't even being built then. 

I am personally at 15 weeks today. I ordered May 24. On 8/27 CybermanD (here on these forums) told me that my day of build is 9/7, which is tomorrow. So, I am hoping that by the end of this week my truck will be built and shipped, and hopefully in 2 weeks it will be delivered, putting me at 18 weeks total from day of order. To be fair though (and as I mentioned above), production on 22's didn't start til middle/late July (I can't remember the exact date anymore... somewhere around the 20th I think), so there was about 8 weeks of my wait time that no 22's were built, so counting that time is kind of hard... but, if you take those 8 weeks off, that means that today I am at 7 weeks from the time they started building 22's and if all goes as planned, I should have it around 10 weeks from the time that they started actually building 22's...

The person on the delivered list that waited 169 days ordered their truck 3/16 and it was delivered 9/1. If they started building 22's on 7/20, then it took 6 weeks and 1 day from the time Ford started building 22MY to the day it was delivered. As well, the person that waited 49 days placed their order 7/15 and the truck was delivered 9/2, or 7 weeks. 

This does make me wonder... for those that place orders now, now that Ford is actually in the middle of building these trucks... maybe an 8-12 week estimate is a very realistic time frame... of course we do still have to consider all those unfulfilled orders still out there... along with the fact that they are still struggling with both having enough chips and various components...

Just something to think about while we sit here and wait on our trucks... 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

I wouldn't say it is "unrealistic" but there is absolutely no time frame that is definite. Check out the delivered tab over on the spreadsheet for 2022 SD's... sure, in the grand scheme of things, it's a small sample size, but it's large enough to draw some basic conclusions. There are currently over 300 users that have submitted their info which have VIN numbers (aka: "scheduled") and another 137 that are marked as delivered. On top of that, there is another nearly 250 on a separate list made up of folks that are "unscheduled" (aka: no VIN assigned yet). This is a picture of around 700 2022 Ford SD customers, ranging from dates between 3/11/21 all the way to 9/6/21, from just ordered to already been delivered. Out of these 700 so far, 137 are marked as delivered, and so far those time frames from date of order to delivery range from 49 days (7 weeks) to 169 days (24+ weeks)... I guess a real simple way of saying this is that the average of these orders are around 15-16 weeks, but obviously some much sooner, and some much later...

BUT, this is a bit skewed too though... considering that those that ordered way back in mid March actually waited 4 months (16 weeks) before they even started building 22's, it's kind of hard to count that time since they weren't even being built then. 

I am personally at 15 weeks today. I ordered May 24. On 8/27 CybermanD (here on these forums) told me that my day of build is 9/7, which is tomorrow. So, I am hoping that by the end of this week my truck will be built and shipped, and hopefully in 2 weeks it will be delivered, putting me at 18 weeks total from day of order. To be fair though (and as I mentioned above), production on 22's didn't start til middle/late July (I can't remember the exact date anymore... somewhere around the 20th I think), so there was about 8 weeks of my wait time that no 22's were built, so counting that time is kind of hard... but, if you take those 8 weeks off, that means that today I am at 7 weeks from the time they started building 22's and if all goes as planned, I should have it around 10 weeks from the time that they started actually building 22's...

The person on the delivered list that waited 169 days ordered their truck 3/16 and it was delivered 9/1. If they started building 22's on 7/20, then it took 6 weeks and 1 day from the time Ford started building 22MY to the day it was delivered. As well, the person that waited 49 days placed their order 7/15 and the truck was delivered 9/2, or 7 weeks. 

This does make me wonder... for those that place orders now, now that Ford is actually in the middle of building these trucks... maybe an 8-12 week estimate is a very realistic time frame... of course we do still have to consider all those unfulfilled orders still out there... along with the fact that they are still struggling with both having enough chips and various components...

My situation, ordered Aug 2nd when Ford was building. My estimated delivery is Dec 26th. 

Kind of makes sense what you are saying.

Chadstickpoindexter,

the date in the special order box is the invoice date. At the very bottom in the white portion of the label, just to the left of the special order box, is a date. The first date is the sent to plant date. Every time there’s an update such as sent to plant, built, shipped, delivered then that date is updated. At least that’s what I’ve been enlightened too.

Mine had a scheduled build week for this week and that’s when I noticed the date changed this weekend.

62DD3447-5CCA-4767-8AB0-1661B4FDB7DD.jpeg

16 hours ago, ice-capades said:

If the Dealer is waiting for allocation before placing the order, you're doing business with the wrong Dealer!

Dealers should submit orders to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) upon receipt in order to "Price Protect" the order from price increases and to establish the original order date for scheduling purposes. The Dealer should also submit the order information along with a copy of your Driver's License and signed Buyer's Order to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) to qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. Otherwise, the order will require regular allocation for scheduling.  

That was done last week before there allocation was in they are hoping to get it scheduled since this is my 2nd dealer snd order due to major screw ups from first dealer we will see this week but COVP was submitted and approved on Monday last week.  

1 hour ago, Evanl said:

Chadstickpoindexter,

the date in the special order box is the invoice date. At the very bottom in the white portion of the label, just to the left of the special order box, is a date. The first date is the sent to plant date. Every time there’s an update such as sent to plant, built, shipped, delivered then that date is updated. At least that’s what I’ve been enlightened too.

Mine had a scheduled build week for this week and that’s when I noticed the date changed this weekend.

62DD3447-5CCA-4767-8AB0-1661B4FDB7DD.jpeg

Thats right I remember that now. I just remembered the date in the box is the sent to plant/in production date, and that doesn’t change. Other than built, I don’t know what else it would represent at this point. Are you on the spreadsheet?

On 9/6/2021 at 6:01 AM, ice-capades said:

Check the Ford Scheduling Notes section. https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70846-ford-weekly-scheduling-notes/&page=3

Ford usually sends out the information on Monday afternoon for vehicle scheduling that Thursday. I post additional updates as they're received.  

So are all vehicles scheduled on Thursdays or is it by region?

On 9/3/2021 at 1:51 PM, kbawi said:

What are they giving you for your Silverado?  They are offering me 18K for my Sierra....I think I may put it on the market before mine is built.

Back in May when I originally ordered my trade value was $19.5 with 127k miles on it. I now have 135k and KBB says it's closer to $17.5. It keeps rolling down every week it seems. Hopefully will be able to trade in sooner than later and not get torn down with a super low trade in value.

I’ve ordered my F-350 on April 28th. So far no information has made it to me - not even a vin. I’ve leaned elsewhere that adaptive steering is on hold (which my lariat build has - as well as 5th wheel, tremor, winch, etc). 

Each Thursday I pray to have something pop up, but like the poster from Maine, I’m likely to have snow fly. ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cmk1981 said:

My truck which was scheduled week of 9/13 and day of 9/20 has been pushed back to the week of 9/20 according to the email I received Friday night.  Hopefully it doesn't continue to slip.

Ordered May 12, F250 Lariat Ultimate

Damn man. This is scaring me I’m scheduled for the 19. Lariat Value with black appearance is what I have ordered. 

33 minutes ago, Browneyes033 said:

I ordered mine April 19th and still no Vin or anything? so ne glad you have build date

Just before me. 

I wonder if this will roll into 2023 production and whether or not Ford will proceed with the rumored redesign for 2023. I personally have not seen any concrete details. 

20 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

When we made those orders in March the original build start date was June 1. That got pushed to end of June then the first of July and finally started the end of July. Sure we knew we were in for a wait but I didn't, and I don't think anyone else was this way either, expected to be waiting 4 months after production began for our trucks to be built. I can't blame my dealer entirely as mine was a March order and there was no expectation or known hold-up parts keeping trucks from being built. The people ordering know can at least find out what is holding everything up.

I ordered a camper top that had 8 to 12 week lead time when I got my vin. Based on the schedule at that time my truck and top would be here nearly the same time. Now my top is here and my truck isn't scheduled till 10/25. Good news is they are very understanding and aren't upset with warehousing it.

I hope Ford gets a handle on what they can and can't build. I can live with the build date but the part that bothered me most is the changes. I have had 5 or 6 different weeks as my scheduled week to build. If they can figure that out then dealers can give honest real estimates. 

48 minutes ago, Imarkdirt said:

When we made those orders in March the original build start date was June 1. That got pushed to end of June then the first of July and finally started the end of July. Sure we knew we were in for a wait but I didn't, and I don't think anyone else was this way either, expected to be waiting 4 months after production began for our trucks to be built. I can't blame my dealer entirely as mine was a March order and there was no expectation or known hold-up parts keeping trucks from being built. The people ordering know can at least find out what is holding everything up.

I ordered a camper top that had 8 to 12 week lead time when I got my vin. Based on the schedule at that time my truck and top would be here nearly the same time. Now my top is here and my truck isn't scheduled till 10/25. Good news is they are very understanding and aren't upset with warehousing it.

I hope Ford gets a handle on what they can and can't build. I can live with the build date but the part that bothered me most is the changes. I have had 5 or 6 different weeks as my scheduled week to build. If they can figure that out then dealers can give honest real estimates. 

I understand. When I ordered mine in May the 22MY start date was sometime middle or late June... can't remember for sure. I will say though that with all the chip shortages and everything that had already been going on, I wasn't surprised that it moved back though. I guess I was just playing devils advocate for a bit and pointing out that time frames now that they are building them is quite a bit different than time frames from those ordering months before they even started getting built. 

It would also be nice if Ford could be a little more forthcoming with what is going on, as well as doing a better job at keeping us up to date, but I can see that there are lots of moving parts that affect so many things and there are likely so many different outcomes that it is pretty difficult to keep us up to date the way we would like. And Ford needs to build trucks to make money, so I am sure that they are doing all that they can... from our perspective it does look different though. For example, my build date is today... I have no clue if it is actually getting built or not... and not sure when I will find out. (Although, I do know that I am going to request an update from CybermanD now that my date has been met!) Another example is your date... 10/25 seems to be a place holder date and doesn't seem like a real actual date yet. It seems many trucks with AS that have already been scheduled are getting shuffled to this date, and if things change, will then get moved to another date for the actual build. I can't know this for sure, but it seems to be a trend...

Anyway, here's to hoping we all get our trucks soon!  ?