2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

30 minutes ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

I understand. When I ordered mine in May the 22MY start date was sometime middle or late June... can't remember for sure. I will say though that with all the chip shortages and everything that had already been going on, I wasn't surprised that it moved back though. I guess I was just playing devils advocate for a bit and pointing out that time frames now that they are building them is quite a bit different than time frames from those ordering months before they even started getting built. 

It would also be nice if Ford could be a little more forthcoming with what is going on, as well as doing a better job at keeping us up to date, but I can see that there are lots of moving parts that affect so many things and there are likely so many different outcomes that it is pretty difficult to keep us up to date the way we would like. And Ford needs to build trucks to make money, so I am sure that they are doing all that they can... from our perspective it does look different though. For example, my build date is today... I have no clue if it is actually getting built or not... and not sure when I will find out. (Although, I do know that I am going to request an update from CybermanD now that my date has been met!) Another example is your date... 10/25 seems to be a place holder date and doesn't seem like a real actual date yet. It seems many trucks with AS that have already been scheduled are getting shuffled to this date, and if things change, will then get moved to another date for the actual build. I can't know this for sure, but it seems to be a trend...

Anyway, here's to hoping we all get our trucks soon!  ?

I totally get that. I am not the least bit upset at people who get their trucks regardless of when they ordered them. I know my day will come. We all had to place our order sometime. My date does feel like a placeholder as there are a lot of people in my same boat. Something in the AS seems to be the holdup. Not sure if that is the wheel as some have speculated or what. I ordered my platinum with black interior although I think the wheel is the same regardless of the seat color. I tried to cancel it but with a VIN I was told that was impossible.

Nothing to do now but stalk the internet and hope.

Here's hoping you get an email very soon saying you are shipped.

Did you get a window sticker yet?

Oh and as mine is antimatter blue as well, I want to see some pictures when you get it.

Edited by Imarkdirt

One thing I can see is, they are probably treading lightly with some of the commodity issues and lacking a little transparency because of the volume of order changes.  Could you imagine the amount of people changing their retail orders every time Ford announced an option shortage? 

on a plus side, everyone ditching adaptive steering is probably helping the supply issues and also helping the people who ordered a Limited.  

trying to juggle parts shortages tied to retail orders, then throwing order changes into the mix is absolutely bogging the system down….

44 minutes ago, Imarkdirt said:

I totally get that. I am not the least bit upset at people who get their trucks regardless of when they ordered them. I know my day will come. We all had to place our order sometime. My date does feel like a placeholder as there are a lot of people in my same boat. Something in the AS seems to be the holdup. Not sure if that is the wheel as some have speculated or what. I ordered my platinum with black interior although I think the wheel is the same regardless of the seat color. I tried to cancel it but with a VIN I was told that was impossible.

Nothing to do now but stalk the internet and hope.

Here's hoping you get an email very soon saying you are shipped.

Did you get a window sticker yet?

Oh and as mine is antimatter blue as well, I want to see some pictures when you get it.

Yeah, I can't say I am upset with those getting them much sooner than me either, but I will admit it is a little disheartening... but it is what it is and there's nothing we can do about it, so we may as well roll with it!

And yes, I got my window sticker 8/31. I will admit I have checked it no less than at least 1000 times today looking for changes! lol... 

I did change mine from black to antimatter blue when I was finally able to see one for myself in person. I am super excited about it, but will also admit I am a little nervous... I originally went black, and it is a pretty safe color (since I know what black looks like), but I am looking forward to the changing characteristics of the antimatter blue. I'm just hoping I don't see purple every time I look at it! lol...

• Like 1

I was able to locate a truck almost identical to my build this week incoming from my old dealer. They are holding it for me.

After hearing all of these stories I am going to take it and cancel my order. Anyone have any luck getting their deposits back. The dealer I ordered from told me 8-12 weeks which I now realize is not possible after reading through here. I imagine they will just keep the order and sell it someone else? Any advice is appreciated.  I need the truck for plowing so can not take a chance that it goes into winter. Ordered last week, no VIN or info other than the confirmation. Thanks!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bubski1 said:

I was able to locate a truck almost identical to my build this week incoming from my old dealer. They are holding it for me.

After hearing all of these stories I am going to take it and cancel my order. Anyone have any luck getting their deposits back. The dealer I ordered from told me 8-12 weeks which I now realize is not possible after reading through here. I imagine they will just keep the order and sell it someone else? Any advice is appreciated.  I need the truck for plowing so can not take a chance that it goes into winter. Ordered last week, no VIN or info other than the confirmation. Thanks!

Most deposits are non refundable. But you may get lucky. Also you may want to wait till Friday as there will be scheduling this week. You may get lucky and get a vin and date by Friday. 

1 hour ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Yeah, I can't say I am upset with those getting them much sooner than me either, but I will admit it is a little disheartening... but it is what it is and there's nothing we can do about it, so we may as well roll with it!

And yes, I got my window sticker 8/31. I will admit I have checked it no less than at least 1000 times today looking for changes! lol... 

I did change mine from black to antimatter blue when I was finally able to see one for myself in person. I am super excited about it, but will also admit I am a little nervous... I originally went black, and it is a pretty safe color (since I know what black looks like), but I am looking forward to the changing characteristics of the antimatter blue. I'm just hoping I don't see purple every time I look at it! lol...

I too ordered Antimatter Blue. Really looking forward to it! Don't scare me with the purple!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vermonster said:

I’ve ordered my F-350 on April 28th. So far no information has made it to me - not even a vin. I’ve leaned elsewhere that adaptive steering is on hold (which my lariat build has - as well as 5th wheel, tremor, winch, etc). 

Each Thursday I pray to have something pop up, but like the poster from Maine, I’m likely to have snow fly. ?

If you want your truck any time soon I suggest you drop adaptive steering.  the adaptive steering commodity issue isnt going away any time soon it seems. 

12 minutes ago, bubski1 said:

Most deposits are non refundable. But you may get lucky. Also you may want to wait till Friday as there will be scheduling this week. You may get lucky and get a vin and date by Friday. 

16 minutes ago, bubski1 said:

I think it just depends on the dealership. The first place I contacted when I was looking to place my order told me it was a $1k non-refundable deposit. So I called around and found another dealer that said they would refund the deposit if I decided I didn't want the truck. I would think that because of demand the dealer wouldn't care because they know they can sell it. But you never know.

10 minutes ago, GynormousMellon said:

I too ordered Antimatter Blue. Really looking forward to it! Don't scare me with the purple!

Have you seen it in person? So far we have had exactly 1 2022 on my dealers lot and it just so happened to be Antimatter Blue. After seeing it I decided I did want it. It does change from blue to black so fast, depending on how the light hits it. The day I saw it was pretty sunny, so I didn't see any purple, but I can see how it may have some purple in the right light... but I don't think it will be as bad as I feared it may be! Anyway, pics don't really do the color justice... but here is a pic of the one I seen on the lot (last one), and then 2 other pics (first 2) that someone else shared in good light.

20210624_145004_a77bb4a731b43f0a321c97940bfd26999285523a.jpeg

20210624_145017_35785623703252f8f7305c6c102fc4fe8917826d.jpeg

IMG_3298.jpeg

10 minutes ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Have you seen it in person? So far we have had exactly 1 2022 on my dealers lot and it just so happened to be Antimatter Blue. After seeing it I decided I did want it. It does change from blue to black so fast, depending on how the light hits it. The day I saw it was pretty sunny, so I didn't see any purple, but I can see how it may have some purple in the right light... but I don't think it will be as bad as I feared it may be! Anyway, pics don't really do the color justice... but here is a pic of the one I seen on the lot (last one), and then 2 other pics (first 2) that someone else shared in good light.

20210624_145004_a77bb4a731b43f0a321c97940bfd26999285523a.jpeg

20210624_145017_35785623703252f8f7305c6c102fc4fe8917826d.jpeg

IMG_3298.jpeg

Looks awesome! Couldn't find one in person but watched a bunch of YouTube and no one said anything about purple. They all absolutely loved it!

I couldn't wait any longer!!!! 

I saw this in transport to my dealer last evening.  I was at their front door before they opened. They didn't even know it was arriving.  A little bit over MSRP but it has everything + that I ordered. Thanks chadstickpoindexter  for the prayers.  All the paperwork is done, just have to pick it up anytime.

1149964021658382941.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kbawi said:

I saw this in transport to my dealer last evening.  I was at their front door before they opened. They didn't even know it was arriving.  A little bit over MSRP but it has everything + that I ordered. Thanks chadstickpoindexter  for the prayers.  All the paperwork is done, just have to pick it up anytime.

1149964021658382941.jpg

Man, that is so awesome! I'm so excited for you!! I know you're going to enjoy that thing!

8 minutes ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Man, that is so awesome! I'm so excited for you!! I know you're going to enjoy that thing!

THANKS!! They owe me Rhino and a BSW A/T swap.  No remote start or CHML camera but it is 613A grouping with 11500# package.

• Like 1

I was ready to put a deposit down when I went in and ordered, but my dealer said they weren’t taking any deposits on orders.  not sure if that’s good or bad, I moved up from priority 17 to 16 at the dealer when I dropped the spray in bedliner and tonneau cover ??

41 minutes ago, JZahn said:

I was ready to put a deposit down when I went in and ordered, but my dealer said they weren’t taking any deposits on orders.  not sure if that’s good or bad, I moved up from priority 17 to 16 at the dealer when I dropped the spray in bedliner and tonneau cover ??

That’s your dealer saying that they will sell it we there you end up buying it or not so they don’t care about a deposit. Can’t blame them hah 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JZahn said:

The priority code is assigned by your dealer and only impacts their own orders.  Nothing at all to do with options.  If they wanted to make you feel good, they would give you a 10.