2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, Suncoast said:

I submitted my order through a dealer on 9/4/21. I have yet to receive any emails confirming my order or anything. How long does this usually take? When should I contact the dealer to ask if the order is confirmed?

You can call Ford Marketing with your order number to confirm that your order was placed. 800-392-3673. I did this and found that my order had been placed the day I was at the dealer. After a week and a half and nothing from Ford I went to the dealer to see what was going on. They checked and found my email address was entered wrong. They corrected it and I had my email from Ford by the time I got home. Good luck.

15 minutes ago, GCD said:

You can call Ford Marketing with your order number to confirm that your order was placed. 800-392-3673. I did this and found that my order had been placed the day I was at the dealer. After a week and a half and nothing from Ford I went to the dealer to see what was going on. They checked and found my email address was entered wrong. They corrected it and I had my email from Ford by the time I got home. Good luck.

I wish everyone would stop recommending that customers call Ford for order status information. Ford is getting flooded with calls, in part due to the tremendous increase in customer retail orders and there have been numerous reports from members reporting that Ford is limiting the information that they will provide. 

Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that provides all status information regarding order history, scheduling, production and shipping updates. Few Sales Representatives are familiar with the retail ordering process or the resources that are available to dealerships, such as the Vehicle Visibility reports, so it's recommended that you contact the Sales Manager or the individual responsible for managing their order bank for updates. 

Make your Dealers do their job and provide the information you require! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I wish everyone would stop recommending that customers call Ford for order status information. Ford is getting flooded with calls, in part due to the tremendous increase in customer retail orders and there have been numerous reports from members reporting that Ford is limiting the information that they will provide. 

Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that provides all status information regarding order history, scheduling, production and shipping updates. Few Sales Representatives are familiar with the retail ordering process or the resources that are available to dealerships, such as the Vehicle Visibility reports, so it's recommended that you contact the Sales Manager or the individual responsible for managing their order bank for updates. 

Make your Dealers do their job and provide the information you require! 

Sorry about the recommendation about marketing. Won't happen again. Just was my experience to verify order while waiting for Ford email. 

24 minutes ago, GCD said:

Sorry about the recommendation about marketing. Won't happen again. Just was my experience to verify order while waiting for Ford email. 

It's okay. My point was that customers shouldn't have to call Ford for information that their Dealers can easily and quickly access.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

It's okay. My point was that customers shouldn't have to call Ford for information that their Dealers can easily and quickly access.  

Agreed! I had previously called marketing on two occasions.  Marketing dept. were very helpful when I called them but I was always felt like the dealer should be willing to do this.  My salesperson has been "short" with me almost from the start of this process back to Mid April.  In hindsight, I wish i'd have chosen a different dealer, but I am where I am now.  I called them today, and my salesperson was gone this week, I got transferred to another salesman who acted like he also didn't have time for me.  I finally had enough and told him a once - a - month update is not too much to ask for,  and I asked for the manager to call me.  When the manager called back, he was awesome and took time to talk with me.  He even delivered good news....I was scheduled for 17th, and was wondering if I got bumped due to the removal of factory shifts these few weeks, but he said I am scheduled for 16th now. Said in that case, it would probably be shipped around the 20th, and here in mid Michigan about 2 weeks later.  I was hoping we were close enough to KTP that it would truck ship, but he said no, they come on a train, then a truck.  Also for those wondering, I asked lead time if ordered today, he estimated around Christmas time

Edited by Kory04

13 minutes ago, Kory04 said:

I was hoping we were close enough to KTP that it would truck ship, but he said no, they come on a train, then a truck.  Also for those wondering, I asked lead time if ordered today, he estimated around Christmas time

I'm surprised, my dealer is near lansing, and mine is showing "convoy" on the window sticker.

2022.....He did say that them, along with many dealers were waiting on allocations prior to the COVP program, and that likely caused a couple of month wait time right from the get-go,  He also said that at that time Ford was not accustomed to managing such huge volumes of custom orders either.   And I asked current lead times out of curiosity, not for placing another order, so maybe its accurate, but I will never know because I only need, and can afford one truck.  

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I agree 100% with this.

During normal times Ford Marketing Dept could handle this all day long. However, with the supply chain nightmare, Ford marketing was (is?) getting hammered on my consumers. Some of this is not just the dealerships fault, however. Sure some fail to communicate current Ford communications, and in-turn are ignorant. Other dealers are giving out all the info, but the consumers wants more…and in many cases the dealers don’t know anymore because it’s not being communicated to them. 

For example, my truck that I ordered on 4/28 (has tremor, 6.7, black pack, winch, AS, etc) and now has been moved to a higher priority by the regional rep, but at no point has the dealer (or Ford marketing) told me of the lag time associated with AS and now 5th wheel and bed liner (which is included on the back pack). I learned all there here - thank goodness!  (Thank you to all of you who communicate such info, ice-capades being the hero, here!) 

So for others, in the quest of feeling less helpless, reach out to whatever rope they see.

Personally, I’ve given up on calling Ford Marketing and asking my dealer. I think everyone has done what they can, and if I want my truck sooner, it’s up to me

to remove the options. I’m not going to do that…because I am an American. Lol. I want what I want…and that sucks for me!  

Oh well - life is good when my one big worry is when my new truck will be in. 

• Like 4

Man I feel pretty lucky my dealer/salesman has been great in getting me information when I request it. I truly feel bad for some of the guys here that just can’t seem to get their salesman to get them information in a timely manner. 

also as for delays due to bed liner and 5th wheel prep I believe that affects the unscheduled trucks more so than the ones already scheduled according to ice-capades 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vermonster said:

Oh well - life is good when my one big worry is when my new truck will be in. 

LOL. I agree. Sold my 21 for stupid money and ordered my 22 didn't think AS would hold it up for so long. Plus ordered a Bronco, which will now be a 2022 because of the hardtop. Life/Retirement is great. 

• Like 2

Ordered 6/30, called dealer for updates, ford still hasn't picked my order up from them, states a memo got sent out about the Black Appearance Package. I see alot of the AS as being the hold up and a little about the spray in bedliner. I'm baffled I haven't heard anything. 

I had the same issue my salesmen he was always being short with me and one day he said you know you can just cancel your order and we will sell it for more then what its worth. I hung up right away and called the sales manager to let him know I would not longer be working with that guy and would only deal directly with him, and since then the sales manager has always answered my questions. Crazy all the sales person has to do is go ask the manger to look something up and like they are that busy anyways there are not dam cars on the lot to sell. It will fun going in to pick my truck up someday lol and if he even still works there to see him.

• Like 1

I’d call my dealer more often if I honestly believed they had more information to offer. With ‘until further notice’ being as meaningless as it is all I can do is keep modifying my plans as the weeks go by. 

I wish they’d either give some indication of it being a possibility or just pull the plug on it completely like they did the XLT Tremor. 

Edited by Mojave_Idiot
  • Like 1

Finally received the notice today my Platinum (Carbonized Gray 6.7L) has been scheduled for production on 10/04. Received order confirmation email back on 04/14. Dealer reached out last week of August and said I had a good chance of being scheduled this week if I removed spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep package. Hopefully this is good news for others who have been waiting as long as I have. 

Thank you @ice-capades for all of your insight on this entire process.

image.png

Edited by CC34
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vermonster said:

That’s not so bad…yet. I’m in the same boat with a 4/28 order date. ?

100 percent  some including yourself have gotten it real bad so far. I guess I could delete the 5th wheel prep but I'm very worried that the dealer will mess that up some how  cancel the old order and put it in for today. That's what they did when I made a change 2 days after Initial order.

Edited by Overthebars

4 hours ago, road turtle said:

I'm surprised, my dealer is near lansing, and mine is showing "convoy" on the window sticker.

Forget the "Convoy" method shown on the Window Stickers. Very, very few vehicles are shipped convoy/carrier direct from the plants. The vast majority are shipped via rail to a final rail ramp destination and then transferred to a car hauling firm for delivery via carrier to the dealership. I could show you tons of Window Stickers with "Convoy" as the shipping method for vehicles produced a thousand miles or further away.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 1:06 PM, ice-capades said:

Dealership's know what weeks they have scheduling allocation for the entire scheduling period (month). Retail orders verified through the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. For weeks when the plant schedule is full, allocation rolls over to the following week. 

I ordered my F450 xlt on April 19th and they did the COVP on June 14th and mine is still not being built there are trucks that have been ordered in July and August getting vin#s and build dates but mine still nothing I am getting really aggravated on a daily basis ?

47 minutes ago, Browneyes033 said:

I ordered my F450 xlt on April 19th and they did the COVP on June 14th and mine is still not being built there are trucks that have been ordered in July and August getting vin#s and build dates but mine still nothing I am getting really aggravated on a daily basis ?

Not sure where you are, but, my dealer has 3 450 cab chassis sitting on the lot.  1 xl, 1 xlt, and 1 lariat.  From what I can tell, they aren't marking them up either.  Hamilton Ford, Crane Missouri