2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Hi.All.

I ordered a f250 platinum trim, 6.7, back on 4/8. Originally it had AS on the order but I removed that option 3 weeks ago. The Dealer now says my order status is unscheduled, clean.  I have seen others that placed orders after mine that either have a production date or have even received their truck. Am I bumping into a dealer allocation issue or is there some other reason that the order isn’t getting scheduled for a build date. I’m waiting patiently at this point but would like to better understand the process and the potential road blocks.

thanks.

3 hours ago, Mojave_Idiot said:

So with these notes, is it saying that Stock Super Duty orders aren’t being scheduled? Or all?

And is the absence of the adaptive steering note this week indicative of the commodity restraint being gone? 

I hope they are scheduling Retail order.  I sure hope the commodity  on adaptive steering is no longer stopping builds

Edited by yorid

I haven't gotten an email from Ford regarding my build date since 8-24. It said I had a plan production for week of 9-20. I'm assuming it's still on track since I haven't recieved any update. Was hoping to see the window sticker sometime this week.

Screenshot_20210826-133412_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20210827-142257_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Hypo

1 hour ago, Hypo said:

I haven't gotten an email from Ford regarding my build date since 8-24. It said I had a plan production for week of 9-20. I'm assuming it's still on track since I haven't recieved any update. Was hoping to see the window sticker sometime this week.

Screenshot_20210826-133412_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20210827-142257_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think 9/20 is going to be a busy week. Besides mine, I’ve seen more than a few people post up on a couple forums about it being their week!  Nice color choice ?? 

7 hours ago, Mojave_Idiot said:

So with these notes, is it saying that Stock Super Duty orders aren’t being scheduled? Or all?

And is the absence of the adaptive steering note this week indicative of the commodity restraint being gone? 

I was also wondering both of these things. supposedly scheduling retail for a 2 week period, but the notes have me unsure now.

Just got one mail from Ford about my Lariat build w/AS. Was 10/25, now 11/8. Ordered 5/27, has had a VIN for months now. Was told because it has been scheduled, the build can't be changed. But if the truck can't be built because of AS, then why can't that feature be dropped?!!  SMH. Get it together, Ford.

47 minutes ago, Latebraking said:

Just got one mail from Ford about my Lariat build w/AS. Was 10/25, now 11/8. Ordered 5/27, has had a VIN for months now. Was told because it has been scheduled, the build can't be changed. But if the truck can't be built because of AS, then why can't that feature be dropped?!!  SMH. Get it together, Ford.

the way I have read it on this forum, until you are scheduled to the day(right now you just have a build week), it can be changed.  your dealer isnt trying hard enough. 

4 hours ago, JHForman812 said:

the way I have read it on this forum, until you are scheduled to the day(right now you just have a build week), it can be changed.  your dealer isnt trying hard enough. 

Unscheduled Retail Order Confirmation – Please ensure that all retail orders are confirmed with the customer prior to them scheduling.  Orders are locking in very quickly, and spec change and cancellation requests are also beginning to overload our Centralized Field Order Scheduling Team.  Once scheduled, dealers can amend OTD orders in WBDO and non-OTD orders can be amended in CONCEPS if they are not locked in.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Unscheduled Retail Order Confirmation – Please ensure that all retail orders are confirmed with the customer prior to them scheduling.  Orders are locking in very quickly, and spec change and cancellation requests are also beginning to overload our Centralized Field Order Scheduling Team.  Once scheduled, dealers can amend OTD orders in WBDO and non-OTD orders can be amended in CONCEPS if they are not locked in.

I am scheduled for the week of the 27th and I am trying to add UTT since 3 Sept, my dealer is telling me “We have tried to complete the change a few times and it has not taken to the order.  We are working with Ford currently to see if there is anything they can do to change and update your order. We will keep you in the loop.” if it’s not locked in, then why is it such a hassle to have this done. Who can make the change if the dealer cannot? I’m nervous that it’s getting too close and the order will get “locked in” and then I’m stuck reordering another truck. 

Question - So I spoke with my sales rep yesterday about my order. He originally told me my scheduled production week was 9/27. Then it moved to 9/20 with a build date of 9/23. Yesterday he informed me that my truck was in production. When I go onto the ford vehicle tracker all it says is that my order was confirmed. It has yet to show in production. Any thoughts on this ? 

1 hour ago, 1991LX said:

I am scheduled for the week of the 27th and I am trying to add UTT since 3 Sept, my dealer is telling me “We have tried to complete the change a few times and it has not taken to the order.  We are working with Ford currently to see if there is anything they can do to change and update your order. We will keep you in the loop.” if it’s not locked in, then why is it such a hassle to have this done. Who can make the change if the dealer cannot? I’m nervous that it’s getting too close and the order will get “locked in” and then I’m stuck reordering another truck. 

If your Dealer has submitted the AVO (Alter Vehicle Order) change and it keeps rejecting then the order has to be "locked in" for production, especially if it's scheduled for production in 2 weeks. The Dealer may have contacted their Ford Zone Manager and/or the Regional Scheduler for assistance but it's very doubtful that they can force the change on such short notice. If by some rare chance they are able to make the change, the scheduled production date will certainly get pushed back. 

The scheduling system has gotten to be a mess because of the volume of retail customer orders this year along with all the changes customers keep making to their orders. This is exactly why Ford keeps reminding Dealers to make sure customer specifications are confirmed prior to scheduling because orders are getting locked in very early. 

18 minutes ago, bigfrank59 said:

Question - So I spoke with my sales rep yesterday about my order. He originally told me my scheduled production week was 9/27. Then it moved to 9/20 with a build date of 9/23. Yesterday he informed me that my truck was in production. When I go onto the ford vehicle tracker all it says is that my order was confirmed. It has yet to show in production. Any thoughts on this ? 

It takes time for the trackers to catch up.  Ask him for a copy of the VVR, which is the most up to date. Otherwise, sooner or later the trackers will catch up.

They go into production when the window sticker is made (or vise versa), about 6-8 days prior to your build date. Mine went into production on 9/7, window sticker available that evening. It was built yesterday, with a confirmation email overnight that it was built.  Ordered on June 3, while I got the VIN and build week on August 12

21 minutes ago, bigfrank59 said:

The public tracking site doesn't get updated as quickly as Ford's internal reporting. If you want confirmation, have your Dealer send you a copy of the Vehicle Visibility report! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

If your Dealer has submitted the AVO (Alter Vehicle Order) change and it keeps rejecting then the order has to be "locked in" for production, especially if it's scheduled for production in 2 weeks. The Dealer may have contacted their Ford Zone Manager and/or the Regional Scheduler for assistance but it's very doubtful that they can force the change on such short notice. If by some rare chance they are able to make the change, the scheduled production date will certainly get pushed back. 

The scheduling system has gotten to be a mess because of the volume of retail customer orders this year along with all the changes customers keep making to their orders. This is exactly why Ford keeps reminding Dealers to make sure customer specifications are confirmed prior to scheduling because orders are getting locked in very early. 

Thank you, I did request the change on the 3rd of sept only about a week after I got scheduled and they couldn’t do it so I’m guessing that they’re locking orders much earlier now. Sucks but if they can’t I guess they’ll be selling the truck to someone else. 

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I ordered way back in March. VIN assigned in May, and I've had a number of build weeks each month starting in July. Then Aug, then Sep, then Oct, which is when I deleted adaptive steering trying to get my truck built sooner. Of course customers are going to make changes to try and get our trucks built. Now, supposedly AS was deleted 3 weeks ago, I just got another build date in Nov. Seems pretty screwed up. If Ford didn't make us wait 8+ months, then customers probably wouldn't be making so many changes along the way. 

By the way, the Ford online tracker still shows my truck as having adaptive steering. Does that tracker simply just show the original order?

9 minutes ago, Mbrooks44 said:

Not sure you can blame Ford for ordering a truck months before they even start building them. I understand there are issues, but keep in mind I can’t complain about the time it takes them to build my 2023 Ford if I ordered it today. 

Knowing the target start of production being in July, I was OK with the original targeted build week of July 19. But then the dates starting slipping.. July 26, then Aug 9, then Sep 21, then Sep 9, then Oct 25, and now Nov 8. Who knows what next.