2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

46 minutes ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

By the way, the Ford online tracker still shows my truck as having adaptive steering. Does that tracker simply just show the original order?

When I changed my truck from 2wd to 4wd the Ford tracker updated to show 4wd within a day or two. It also updated my order date to when I made the change instead of when I placed the order.

Edited by jjordan3
Correcting statement
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jjordan3 said:

When I changed my truck from 2wd to 4wd the Ford tracker updated to show 4wd within a day or two. It also updated my order date to when I made the change instead of when I placed the order.

Did your VIN and/or order number change?

I recall 2wd having a different VIN sequence than 4wd. 

14 minutes ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

Did your VIN and/or order number change?

I recall 2wd having a different VIN sequence than 4wd. 

You know what, I was wrong. I was thinking the original confirmation email from Ford had a "Track" button in it that took you to the page that showed the details of your order.  But after checking again I see that's not the case.

I made the change a month after I placed the order but before it was scheduled or had a VIN. I think the change to 4wd helped speed things along because I was scheduled the first Thursday after I made the change. 

Sorry about the mix up. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jjordan3 said:

You know what, I was wrong. I was thinking the original confirmation email from Ford had a "Track" button in it that took you to the page that showed the details of your order.  But after checking again I see that's not the case.

I made the change a month after I placed the order but before it was scheduled or had a VIN. I think the change to 4wd helped speed things along because I was scheduled the first Thursday after I made the change. 

Sorry about the mix up. 

Thank you for double-checking and clarifying!

Our dealer claims that our F550  had a build scheduled for the week of 9/6 with a dealer delivery expected the week of 9/27.  He still says he expects the truck around the timeframe however when we enter the VIN in to the online order tracking, it only shows an order date, all the other date fields are blank.   Is it possible that the dealer information is correct even though the consumer site doesn’t show anything?

51 minutes ago, Danekoors said:

Just wondering when would 2023’s be available for building by any chance? Is it the end of March like the 2022’s were available for ordering?

For 2022 there was only about a month's notice of the dates.  Expect nothing different for 2023.  If you are talking about building online, that was not until July or August for 2022.

1 hour ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

By the way, the Ford online tracker still shows my truck as having adaptive steering. Does that tracker simply just show the original order?

Sorry. I have no reason to use the online tracker so I can't tell you if the order content is updated after changes are made. Best answer is to confirm the specifications with your Dealer. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Sorry. I have no reason to use the online tracker so I can't tell you if the order content is updated after changes are made. Best answer is to confirm the specifications with your Dealer. 

Thanks. They confirmed, but I question their competence, as there have been other situations that appear they're lacking in that area. Unfortunately, these things couldn't be determined until we got into this situation. 

I just need to mentally detach myself from expecting to get a new truck this year, and should probably just cancel my order and wait for something else to come along. This has been my first experience with Ford, and it hasn't been a good one. 

46 minutes ago, Cdbinns said:

Our dealer claims that our F550  had a build scheduled for the week of 9/6 with a dealer delivery expected the week of 9/27.  He still says he expects the truck around the timeframe however when we enter the VIN in to the online order tracking, it only shows an order date, all the other date fields are blank.   Is it possible that the dealer information is correct even though the consumer site doesn’t show anything?

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which provides the most up-to-date status information. 

• Like 1

So on 8/12 I got an email that my build week was 9/6 and a VIN number! On 8/27 CybermandD posted that my build to day was 9/7! On 9/8 CybermanD then posted that my build to day was now 9/9. I spoke to my dealer Friday (9/10) and it didn't show built in the system (VVR), but still showed a build day of 9/9...

Today is 9/14, and looking at the spreadsheet from the FTE threads, there have been trucks getting built all around mine... I am posting tonight to hopefully get an update from CybermanD tomorrow to see if anything has changed...

My truck obviously isn't getting built the week of 9/6, and I have not received any emails saying that my truck has been pushed back to another week like so many others have... so it appears that somehow my truck has simply been looked over, or there is a commodity hold not being reported....

And mine is a pretty simple build... an F250 XLT Value, 6.7 with HCTT and snow plow/camper package. It had the UTT package, but I removed it at the beginning of August since at that time they weren't scheduling any XLT's with UTT... however, I now see 3 trucks on the tracker that are XLT's with UTT that have been built and shipped recently... one on 9/4, another on 9/11 and another on 9/12...

Something else interesting... I have noticed folks saying recently that as long as you have a VIN and input it into the FordPass app that the "Activate now" button has been showing up, even if the truck isn't built yet... My VIN was already in the FordPass app, but I didn't get that screen, so I tried removing the vehicle, deleting the app and reinstalling, but now when trying to add my VIN back in, it says either "FordPass app isn't responding." or "This is an invalid VIN." I tried adding it on the Ford.com website with my computer (thinking it was just the app) but the website won't take the VIN either... a pop up screen displays with an option to either re-enter, or cancel... I talked to the FordPass Help desk, and they just said try again later, and couldn't pull up my window sticker... And yes, I have checked time and again to make sure the VIN I entered was correct. I have both copied and pasted it in, as well as typing it out just in case any weird "data" was copied when copying and pasting and causing an error...

I can still pull up my window sticker, but that's it. I have even went to the Motorcraft site and entered my VIN to see if the PCM or BCE (As-built) modules will populate, and they don't, so I really don't think my truck is "most likely built and I just haven't gotten any emails," like the dealer suggests.... but maybe I'm wrong! I'd be down with that!

I don't know... maybe my order got stuck to someone else's when going down the line... maybe there is a commodity hold for something that hasn't been shared (I have seen *RUMORS* that some orders with either the snow plow package, or the 6.7 motors have been having hang ups....), or maybe I'm just one of the unlucky ones... I dunno...

I have started looking around for options showing up on lots... I saw one that was on a lot about 2 hours from me, but it was a customer order (green window sticker)... it would be nice if the dealers wouldn't list customer orders on their site like they have them for sale... At this point I would hate to think about placing an order for another one!

Edited by chadstickpoindexter

Finally got an update on my truck. Ordered 7/7 and never recieved emails from Ford even after asking to attach email. Was told 9/20 production week 3 weeks ago and talked to salesmen today to get VIN fully execting delay but to my suprise and truck is currently in production. Beyond excited

22 F-350 CCLB Carbonized Grey

6.7 PS

XLT

Black Apperance

5th wheel prep.

Edited by Etzy

Yea! Looks like my truck has been built. My module build data has finally populated on Motorcraft Service. Now I'll have to get the VVR from the dealer to track delivery progress. Things are looking up. Good luck everybody! Still not showing on Ford Tracking yet.

3 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

I just ordered on 9/4, and I included AS.  So I'm waaaaaaay behind.  If it gets too late, I'll just cancel and order a '23.

I ordered 8/2, F-450 King Ranch, Crew, 4x4, Diesel w/ AS.  Might be in the same boat as you.  Ordering a 5th wheel camper this month.  Guess it will be a race to see who gets here first.  My Tundra, although an outstanding 1/2 ton truck, could never handle a 18k lb + 5th wheel.  Could be interesting if I can't pick up the 5th wheel lol.

Edited by GynormousMellon
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GynormousMellon said:

I ordered 8/2, F-450 King Ranch, Crew, 4x4, Diesel w/ AS.  Might be in the same boat as you.  Ordering a 5th wheel camper this month.  Guess it will be a race to see who gets here first.  My Tundra, although an outstanding 1/2 ton truck, could never handle a 18k lb + 5th wheel.  Could be interesting if I can't pick up the 5th wheel lol

I'm also moving from a Tundra to a Super Duty, and for a similar reason. The Tundra is indeed an excellent truck but it just doesn't have the towing or payload capacity that I need. My DCLB has a dismal 1250lbs of payload. Ordered an F350 SRW on 8/31 and hoping to buy a 14k-16k flatbed trailer someday.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, GynormousMellon said:

I ordered 8/2, F-450 King Ranch, Crew, 4x4, Diesel w/ AS.  Might be in the same boat as you.  Ordering a 5th wheel camper this month.  Guess it will be a race to see who gets here first.  My Tundra, although an outstanding 1/2 ton truck, could never handle a 18k lb + 5th wheel.  Could be interesting if I can't pick up the 5th wheel lol.

My 5th wheel was ordered in January.  I fully expected the truck would be here MONTHS before the 5er.  5th wheel has been sitting at the dealer almost 700 miles away since mid august :(  Truck is supposed to hit the line today.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

I ordered way back in March. VIN assigned in May, and I've had a number of build weeks each month starting in July. Then Aug, then Sep, then Oct, which is when I deleted adaptive steering trying to get my truck built sooner. Of course customers are going to make changes to try and get our trucks built. Now, supposedly AS was deleted 3 weeks ago, I just got another build date in Nov. Seems pretty screwed up. If Ford didn't make us wait 8+ months, then customers probably wouldn't be making so many changes along the way. 

My AS got deleted last week (on Friday with a vin and like you an original order in March). The tracker was the only way I knew it had come off. Dealer tried to delete it 7 weeks ago and the rep told him it couldn't be. Don't know what that will do to the schedule as I am still listed for 10/25. Sat in the sales managers office yesterday and talked to him but of course he can't control anything. I hope it means I can get scheduled soon.

• Like 1

I honestly feel bad for Ford. With the amount of retail orders and the number of people making changes, it has to be a logistical nightmare. I understand why people are making changes but I also see why Ford is just kicking the request back. 

I’m just hoping mine stays on course. My build is pretty simple so I’m hoping that helps keep it on track.