2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

The Ford tracker said earlier today my truck was in production and had link to window sticker but window sticker wasn’t available yet. Just tried to check window sticker link again and it says my truck is order confirmed. Any idea what this means?

originally scheduled week of 9/13 but got pushed back to week of 9/20. 

I got a call from my sales manager Monday afternoon and he told me to expect a vin Thursday as it’s will be put into production soon. Not sure if the dealers get an insight of what will get a vin ahead of a Thursday announcement but he’s confident in it. They have treated me right through this and give me the same answers I read in these forums that the pros in here provide. I’ll still be waiting for confirmation from factory. F-450 Limited Fx4 and a few other add on’s so I have them on the build sheet. 06/09 order date.  

14 minutes ago, DecoSF said:

I got a call from my sales manager Monday afternoon and he told me to expect a vin Thursday as it’s will be put into production soon. Not sure if the dealers get an insight of what will get a vin ahead of a Thursday announcement but he’s confident in it. They have treated me right through this and give me the same answers I read in these forums that the pros in here provide. I’ll still be waiting for confirmation from factory. F-450 Limited Fx4 and a few other add on’s so I have them on the build sheet. 06/09 order date.  

My dealer did the same thing. The day before I was scheduled on 8/12 he texted me to tell me my order was "picked up" by Ford and that I could expect to get scheduled that week. Sure enough, the next day I got the email from Ford giving me my VIN and build week (though the build week has changed a few times since then).

• Like 1

I'll just throw this out there, because both of my trucks have arrived. One was ordered in April and one at the end of June. I actually wanted to get them two months apart and they arrived two weeks apart instead and both were two weeks ahead of the estimated delivery.

I don't know if it has any meaning, but both of my trucks were ordered with the 3.55 ILO 3.31 rear end and it is something that is never discussed as a commodity. If the majority of the trucks have 3.31 with the 6.7 then maybe, just MAYBE(?), the rear end ratio makes a difference in what is scheduled. I know a lot of people are trying to figure out the rhyme or reason some trucks are scheduled while others are not.

F350 Lariat, CC, LB 6.7, 5th wheel hitch bed liner and mud flaps

A dealer wants to remove the AS before they submit the order. I don't feel like I want to pay 80K for a truck, especially custom ordered and not get it 100 percent how I want it. So, order it and whatever happens, happens? Or just sit it out until the '23 order banks open up. 

1 hour ago, Robin Hood said:

I'll just throw this out there, because both of my trucks have arrived. One was ordered in April and one at the end of June. I actually wanted to get them two months apart and they arrived two weeks apart instead and both were two weeks ahead of the estimated delivery.

I don't know if it has any meaning, but both of my trucks were ordered with the 3.55 ILO 3.31 rear end and it is something that is never discussed as a commodity. If the majority of the trucks have 3.31 with the 6.7 then maybe, just MAYBE(?), the rear end ratio makes a difference in what is scheduled. I know a lot of people are trying to figure out the rhyme or reason some trucks are scheduled while others are not.

F350 Lariat, CC, LB 6.7, 5th wheel hitch bed liner and mud flaps

I ordered 7.3L, 3.55 limited slip

1 hour ago, JKinTx said:

A dealer wants to remove the AS before they submit the order. I don't feel like I want to pay 80K for a truck, especially custom ordered and not get it 100 percent how I want it. So, order it and whatever happens, happens? Or just sit it out until the '23 order banks open up. 

I drove my 19 with adaptive steering 9 hours, got in my 22 without adaptive steering and drove 9 hours back.  speaking as someone who just went from one to the other and did back to back trips with them, youre not going to miss adaptive steering.  Im glad i got rid of it and have my truck, parking the truck is no different with and without adaptive. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JHForman812 said:

I drove my 19 with adaptive steering 9 hours, got in my 22 without adaptive steering and drove 9 hours back.  speaking as someone who just went from one to the other and did back to back trips with them, youre not going to miss adaptive steering.  Im glad i got rid of it and have my truck, parking the truck is no different with and without adaptive. 

The steering in my 2022 seems a lot more sensitive, walks around a little more at speed, than my 19 or 17. Did you notice that as well?

19 hours ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

I ordered way back in March. VIN assigned in May, and I've had a number of build weeks each month starting in July. Then Aug, then Sep, then Oct, which is when I deleted adaptive steering trying to get my truck built sooner. Of course customers are going to make changes to try and get our trucks built. Now, supposedly AS was deleted 3 weeks ago, I just got another build date in Nov. Seems pretty screwed up. If Ford didn't make us wait 8+ months, then customers probably wouldn't be making so many changes along the way. 

By the way, the Ford online tracker still shows my truck as having adaptive steering. Does that tracker simply just show the original order?

so just found out I had my order changed, dropped the RCHMSL Camera and added the UTT camera system. The only way I knew was due to the Mach E tracker and the Ford tracking site showing the change. Not sure if your order still holds AS but if I was a betting man I would bet the change never got completed. Good luck. 

Edited by 1991LX
  • Like 2

First off, Thank You to everyone who has been posting information pertaining to the builds.  I have been like a kid waiting for Christmas and checking this forum multiple times a day.  I have a question and hope someone on here can assist.  I ordered June 17th, got a VIN number and last week (September 9th) got the window sticker and email saying it is in production.  I have been monitoring the 2022 Public SD Tracker link someone posted a while back and I cannot locate my truck.  I see that it gets updated on occasion so not sure how I go about either finding mine on that or if there is something else to it.  Oh and it is a F350 Crew, 6.7L, Stone Grey.  Thanks in advance.

54 minutes ago, Lilmac3057 said:

First off, Thank You to everyone who has been posting information pertaining to the builds.  I have been like a kid waiting for Christmas and checking this forum multiple times a day.  I have a question and hope someone on here can assist.  I ordered June 17th, got a VIN number and last week (September 9th) got the window sticker and email saying it is in production.  I have been monitoring the 2022 Public SD Tracker link someone posted a while back and I cannot locate my truck.  I see that it gets updated on occasion so not sure how I go about either finding mine on that or if there is something else to it.  Oh and it is a F350 Crew, 6.7L, Stone Grey.  Thanks in advance.

Your order info isn't added to that spreadsheet automatically. There's a form you need to fill out on the FTE forums in order to get your vehicle added.

54 minutes ago, Lilmac3057 said:

What public tracker?  Are talking about the spreadsheet that has originated over on Ford-Trucks.com?  If so then you have to initiate being put on the spreadsheet by filling in the form at the top of the tracking spreadsheet thread over there.  

Called my dealer today due to it being almost 12 weeks with no emails. Continues to say the spray in black appearance package with the spray in bedliner is my hold up. I've seen few people post elsewhere with the same package have vins and build dates that order after me. Anyone having the same issue?

Edited by awmolq

20 hours ago, GCD said:

Yea! Looks like my truck has been built. My module build data has finally populated on Motorcraft Service. Now I'll have to get the VVR from the dealer to track delivery progress. Things are looking up. Good luck everybody! Still not showing on Ford Tracking yet.

Got my email from Ford at 3:45 this morning. Hadn't shown up on Ford tracker yet. Now on Ford tracker. Will check with dealer in a day or so for VVR to track rail to dealer. Can't wait!

Great news! Your 2022 Super Duty F-350 Lariat Crew Cab has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment.

Our current estimate for delivery to Chapman Ford is between September 29, 2021 and October 5, 2021.

Undoubtedly, this is an exciting moment for you. We invite you to access a copy of your window label and check the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below. We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference:

image.thumb.png.15e12515de3f2161b779881d5deddd7f.png

20210813_104550.jpg

• Like 2

Dealer just called and stated Regional office just bumped me from 12 to Priority 02.   I'm hoping that next week I get scheduled.  Dealer said I might still get picked today or tomorrow, but I'm not sure I believe that.   I placed my order back in July.  Don't know what commodity is holding me up?  5th wheel or spray in bed liner.

I wonder if his being a very rural dealer, impacts the number of super duties get scheduled.

8 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

The steering in my 2022 seems a lot more sensitive, walks around a little more at speed, than my 19 or 17. Did you notice that as well?

That IS interesting. I have it on my '20 F150 and I like it. I'll mull it over for a few more days. 

2 hours ago, GCD said:

Got my email from Ford at 3:45 this morning. Hadn't shown up on Ford tracker yet. Now on Ford tracker. Will check with dealer in a day or so for VVR to track rail to dealer. Can't wait!

Great news! Your 2022 Super Duty F-350 Lariat Crew Cab has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment.

Our current estimate for delivery to Chapman Ford is between September 29, 2021 and October 5, 2021.

Undoubtedly, this is an exciting moment for you. We invite you to access a copy of your window label and check the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below. We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference:

Same dealer....one month behind......hope to hear an update by the end of Sept for a build date....Congratulations

2 hours ago, Dbarrett38 said:

Mine was built yesterday. Ordered 6/9  F350 cclb Lariat ultimate black package  5th wheel UTT 7.3.  Expected delivery 10/13 to southwest Nebraska hopefully sooner leaving on the 8th pulling camper to Colorado, Utah, and Arizona. 

My truck was built on 9/13 and my expected delivery date is 10/13 to my dealership in Phoenix, AZ. Does any know how we can get shipment information?