2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

10 minutes ago, Dbarrett38 said:

It goes to in production about a week from your build date.  Mine was built 9/14 went to in production 9/8. Shipped on the 16th. 

It varies so much, it's hard to say what is really supposed to happen... mine was sent to plant (in production) 8/31 and wasn't built until 9/14. I originally had a build day of 9/7, which got pushed back to 9/9 (still the same week, so no "your build has been rescheduled" email) but still didn't get built until 9/14 (which was actually the next week). Also, I had nothing that was (ever) a commodity hold, and no aftermarket accessories... so nothing that should have held up, or pushed back my build...

Also, over on the FTE forums, someone stated that according to a KTP assembly line worker, 33 hours is about how long the truck spends on the line being built... I imagine that begins at stamping to painting all the way to finishing and out the door... but others have stated only 24 hours on the line...

• Like 1

Has anyone ordered a KIng Ranch Ultimate package? I’m asking because when I ordered the 2022 brochure was not available yet, only the 2021. The 2022 brochure came out on Ford’s website just about a week ago and now states that the KR Ultimate package includes Active Motion message functionally. Is that the same messaging seats that are in the Platinum package? My wife has the messaging seats in her 2020 Explorer Platinum and they are awesome!!

15 hours ago, ampmal said:

Does anyone know if they are scheduling F-450 platinum's with adaptive steering yet? ordered mine in March 18

I finally got a scheduled build week for my F450 Platinum last week for the week of October 25th. I had my dealer remove the AS a few weeks ago. I also have 5th wheel kit, spray in bedliner  and roll up tonneau cover that have been commodity restraints previously. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bigfrank59 said:

Those that have received trucks. From the time is was stated shipped in the ford tracker the estimated time they said until delivery was it close ? after ? or before the date ? Just curious.

It's all over the map. I've been watching the spreadsheet over on FTE and review trucks that have been delivered to similar locations as mine.  I'm right around 9-15 days for trucks delivered to Wisconsin and Minnesota where as the estimated days from Ford is 18. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bigfrank59 said:

Those that have received trucks. From the time is was stated shipped in the ford tracker the estimated time they said until delivery was it close ? after ? or before the date ? Just curious.

My truck was built on Sept 1, shipped on Sept. 4, delivery at dealer was originally "listed" to be Sept. 25. Train arrived in Birmingham Sept. 7. Truck sat at rail yard 1 week until trucking was scheduled, brought 30 min to dealer on Sept 14, I drove it home that evening. So, all in all, it was 11 days early for me.

2 hours ago, Jeff T said:

My truck was built on Sept 1, shipped on Sept. 4, delivery at dealer was originally "listed" to be Sept. 25. Train arrived in Birmingham Sept. 7. Truck sat at rail yard 1 week until trucking was scheduled, brought 30 min to dealer on Sept 14, I drove it home that evening. So, all in all, it was 11 days early for me.

Man I hope mine is early. Showing to be arrival at my dealer between 10/4-10/10! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff T said:

wheres the pics?!?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GynormousMellon said:

I went and looked at 5th wheels at the Hershey RV Show. Prices were ridiculous. Made these Super Duty prices seem tame

We ordered in January and had the price locked in.  Insurance company had to review my stated value, because it's 10k over what we ordered it at.  Prices have gone up that much, and some manufacturers are no longer locking in the price.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikejones202 said:

wheres the pics?!?

I know... My bad for delaying, should've posted something by now, haha.  I'm going to post some "before" pics and "after" pics, once my little mod is done this Saturday. It's a regular cab F350 XLT Rapid Red, on Saturday it'll have white vinyl to make it two-tone highboy style.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GynormousMellon said:

I went and looked at 5th wheels at the Hershey RV Show. Prices were ridiculous. Made these Super Duty prices seem tame

I was there also, actually in the process of buying a 5th wheel from there. I kept myself in a budget and actually came out with a great deal. I got way more than I anticipated for my trade and I actually compared prices and they were for sure cheaper. 

6 hours ago, Mojave_Idiot said:

Am I to understand that there is no availability on a diesel with a locker according to the most recent scheduling notes?

I’m curious about this as well. 
It says the M275 ELD with axle codes X3J, X3E, and X4M have no availability. I can’t find any mention of those codes in the buyers guide, my order sheet, or when I built a truck last night on the website. 
F250 7.3L SRW 4x4 w/4.30 gears. Do I have the affected axle? If so, then I’ll hold off canceling the bed liner since it won’t matter at this point.