2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

9 minutes ago, Tidesright said:

That’s a shame. My experience with me dealer/salesman has been amazing. Charlie at Metro Ford Miami has always done right by me and anyone I send him! 

The worst part is, when I send him screen shots of what others have heard from their salesman & my salesman says 'There are a lot of conversations out there as with anything on social medial, some true and some not.' My reply was, I'm sure the people on this forum are just posting made up stories. He denies hearing any thing about the shortages of AS, 5th wheel prep, tonneau cover, or spray in bed liner. Both salesman and a manager are telling me the same thing. 

2 hours ago, H-D FB 103 said:

Yes, they said they need this to prove to Fire that the truck being ordered is for a customer and not for their stock. He told me that they are not allowed to order trucks for stock at this time and this is how they prove that the truck being ordered is sold. I also had to put $500.00 down that he said they show to Ford as well to prove the sale

Dealers can absolutely order trucks for stock. The signed copy of a Buyer's Order and a copy of the customer's Driver's License is required in order to submit the retail order information to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program). Verified orders qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. Non-verified retail orders require regular allocation in order to get scheduled. 

49 minutes ago, Shane60 said:

No purchase agreement and no money down, they just added my information to the order.

Another Dealer that doesn't know what they're doing and can't be bothered. A signed copy of a Buyer's Order and a copy of the customer's Driver's License is required in order to submit the retail order information to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program). Verified orders qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. Non-verified retail orders require regular allocation in order to get scheduled. 

28 minutes ago, HarryTaint said:

The worst part is, when I send him screen shots of what others have heard from their salesman & my salesman says 'There are a lot of conversations out there as with anything on social medial, some true and some not.' My reply was, I'm sure the people on this forum are just posting made up stories. He denies hearing any thing about the shortages of AS, 5th wheel prep, tonneau cover, or spray in bed liner. Both salesman and a manager are telling me the same thing. 

Another Dealer that doesn't know what they're doing or can't be bothered. Customers with retail factory orders should deal directly with a Sales Manager, or the individual that manages the dealership's order bank, for information and updates on their orders. Very few Sales Representatives are familiar with the retail order and scheduling process or have access to the resources available.  

28 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Another Dealer that doesn't know what they're doing and can't be bothered. A signed copy of a Buyer's Order and a copy of the customer's Driver's License is required in order to submit the retail order information to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program). Verified orders qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. Non-verified retail orders require regular allocation in order to get scheduled. 

They did add my drivers license to the order as well as my email address and I think my phone number. my sales rep is great and communicates very well, as far as the Buyer's Order he did one up and sent me a picture of it. (took a few before I made up my mind on all the options I wanted lol) once it was all good I confirmed that was what I wanted and he placed the order. I live about an hour drive from the dealership so he said we could do everything via phone and text message. Maybe there is some way around the signature on the Buyer's Order? They didn't require a down payment because if for some reason I can't take delivery they will just switch it to retail.

4 hours ago, Nmfiredawg said:

Question for those that ordered.  Did you sign a purchase standard purchase agreement at the time of ordering?  My dealer is wanting this

I did. I believe you have to as part of the COVP, but I could be mistaken. My dealer did not require any money down either. 

47 minutes ago, Nmfiredawg said:

Just got the email order was confirmed. Now for the long wait.

Just ordered mine 4 days ago (F-350, Tremor, 6.7).  I'll be waiting right along with you!  My first Ford truck, always been a Ram guy but no dealer would take an order under the FCA affiliate rewards program.  Several dealers told me that they've been advised to expect the program to be suspended 1 Oct so if I did order one, the price would change, and it would be MSRP or more.  

So now I'm a Ford guy (in waiting)!

22 minutes ago, Pizzaguy said:

@ice-capadesif you could tell us when you post the weeks scheduling and commodity holds, it is always NY Region. Does this also include all other regions? Thank your for posting this for us also!

posted 2 hours ago by @ice-capades
NEW YORK REGION - FOR ORDERS NOT PREVIEWING ON THE AM SCHEDULING PREVIEW REPORT

2022MY SUPER DUTY

No Availability:

• NARROW CHASSIS* (Body codes ending in E, F, G, H, K, L)
  • 17" Forged Polished Wheel (64J) - Std with King Ranch F350, Included in STX Pkg (17S) F350 DRW, Std with Lariat, Platinum and Limited F350 DRW, Optional on XL and XLT F350
  • 19.5" Forged Polished Wheel (64D) - Included in STX Pkg (17S) F450, Std with XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum and Limited F450
  • Strobe Lights (91S,91G)
  • Spray in Bedliner (85S)
  • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
  • Fifth Wheel - Fleetmaster (53W)
  • M275 ELD rear axle (All F250 & F350 orders with Axle Codes X3J, X3E, & X4M)

Best Availability:

• Pick up (Body codes ending in A, B, C, D) without any options listed above.

17 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

I must have been lucky then. My dealership has been great about everything.  Ordered 8/20, no down payment, confirmed 8/21, build date notice 9/16, build week 10/18. 350 Lariat srw cc 6.7, Lariat ultimate, utt, fx4, bedliner, 5th wheel prep, no AS, or Active Cruise.

Where did you place your order at? 

Edited by HarryTaint

23 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

I must have been lucky then. My dealership has been great about everything.  Ordered 8/20, no down payment, confirmed 8/21, build date notice 9/16, build week 10/18. 350 Lariat srw cc 6.7, Lariat ultimate, utt, fx4, bedliner, 5th wheel prep, no AS, or Active Cruise.

Mine’s scheduled for the same build week.

Ordered on 8/16 and received the build email on 9/16 as well. Fingers crossed that we get pushed  up. Looks like quite a few on here had their builds approx 2 weeks sooner.

F350, 6.7, King Ranch Ultimate package, FX4, DRW, adaptive Cruise, Bed Liner, 5th wheel and trailer package & Trifold bed cover. Please let me know when you get the next email from Ford

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StevoF250 said:

So just found out truck has been delivered and will be ready to pick up in a few.

Rock on Tommy.....will soon be a big trucker. Yeeeehhaaaa!!

Welcome to the club!! This will be my 4th F350 and loved every one of them, even my 06 with that wonderful 6.0 Powerstroke in it. Luckily I dumped that one before the issues started. You will love your new truck, congratulations!!

How is it possible that people who placed orders in August for the same truck as people who placed orders in July and June are scheduled already? I must have missed something. I ordered July 20 and I was told I just have to wait. If these commodity reports that Ice Capades posts are correct, I’m not getting scheduled yet again. Didn’t the orders start being taken in June? Seems like Ford is not communicating anything to anyone. 

12 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

How is it possible that people who placed orders in August for the same truck as people who placed orders in July and June are scheduled already? I must have missed something. I ordered July 20 and I was told I just have to wait. If these commodity reports that Ice Capades posts are correct, I’m not getting scheduled yet again. Didn’t the orders start being taken in June? Seems like Ford is not communicating anything to anyone. 

What were your options, and what has your dealership or customer service told you?

3 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

Imagine how those of us who ordered in March and know nothing feel. I have a camper showing up in November that I won't know what to do with, since I can't really use it with my curent truck. This was my first and probably last experience with Ford. 

Edited by 2Wheel-Lee

1 hour ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

Imagine how those of us who ordered in March and know nothing feel. I have a camper showing up in November that I won't know what to do with, since I can't really use it with my curent truck. This was my first and probably last experience with Ford. 

I'm with you. Never owned a ford before. And chip shortage or material shortage or not. Why are current orders with the same packages getting built before older orders? What happened to first in first out? If they are short on materials then when you have some in build the next in line not the most recent ordered.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mbrooks44 said:

I see there are some commodity restrictions for the New York region? What does that mean? I’m on the west coast, so am I effected by that or does that effect the plant? I ordered a 450, so the 19.5” wheels and 5th wheel prep are not available. 

I only have access to the information published for the New York Region. The commodity restraints should apply equally to the other regions but it would require confirmation from someone with access to the information for other regions. 

5 hours ago, danielj said:

I'm with you. Never owned a ford before. And chip shortage or material shortage or not. Why are current orders with the same packages getting built before older orders? What happened to first in first out? If they are short on materials then when you have some in build the next in line not the most recent ordered.

I currently have a Ram. I went with Ford because I can’t order a Ram with the discount similar to the x plan because they aren’t selling 2022 models yet. Long story. They are but until they are on their website they can’t order one with the discount. Yes I’d be mad if I ordered in March. Honestly if I ordered in March I’d probably move on. My dealership has 1k from me abs is basically like “well. It’s not being built yet”

big question. Is there any way that my truck will be built before 2022 at this point? Is that even a possibility. I kinda want my money back. 

Edited by ardvark666

I read on here a while back, it has to do with the priority code they give you on the build sheet. 19, 10, & 2 are the ones I've seen people talk about on here. 19 is the worst priority code, and as you go down in numbers it gets better. I was also asked about X plan when I ordered, but the FD I work at doesn't have a relationship with Ford so I get the First Responder Discount. Like I said, I just remember reading it on here. If someone can confirm if this is correct or not. 

7 hours ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

I was right there with you. I ordered mine March 19. Platinum 6.7 with AS. After pushing and pushing I got AS dropped off my order a couple weeks back (even though I had a VIN and was told that was impossible) and that seems to have helped. I don't know the build date, but my window sticker is available from the mach e tracker so I assume it will be soon. I was dealing with the sales manager at my dealer directly and I drove the 1.5 hours to his shop the other day and politely expressed my issues with Ford scheduling. It must have helped. I'd try being the squeaky wheel for a bit and see if that gets them to talk to their rep and get you built.