2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

3 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

I currently have a Ram. I went with Ford because I can’t order a Ram with the discount similar to the x plan because they aren’t selling 2022 models yet. Long story. They are but until they are on their website they can’t order one with the discount. Yes I’d be mad if I ordered in March. Honestly if I ordered in March I’d probably move on. My dealership has 1k from me abs is basically like “well. It’s not being built yet”

big question. Is there any way that my truck will be built before 2022 at this point? Is that even a possibility. I kinda want my money back. 

Yes there is a way. 

4 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

I currently have a Ram. I went with Ford because I can’t order a Ram with the discount similar to the x plan because they aren’t selling 2022 models yet. Long story. They are but until they are on their website they can’t order one with the discount. Yes I’d be mad if I ordered in March. Honestly if I ordered in March I’d probably move on. My dealership has 1k from me abs is basically like “well. It’s not being built yet”

big question. Is there any way that my truck will be built before 2022 at this point? Is that even a possibility. I kinda want my money back. 

They are scheduling end of October this week. 

If you have AS or a spray in bedliner id recommend dropping them. Nothing AS is being scheduled and bedliners are causing significant delays currently.

2 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

I am a priority 15. My dealer says that it doesn’t matter. It’s a lariat cc 7.3 w 5th wheel and bedliner. Ordered 7/20. Limbo ever since. 

I’ve been all over the place with priority codes. It began at 19, after several months I called to check and the zone rep helped move it to 01. A few weeks ago it was moved to 2. I assume because all the parts (AS, bed cover, 5th wheel) were not available. So I am waiting. Judging by the post by @ice-capades regarding this weeks schedule, the Tremor I ordered has the non-available axel. The 5th wheel package and tonneau cover is still listed at No availability. However, AS is off the list!  Whoo!! 

11 hours ago, danielj said:

I'm with you. Never owned a ford before. And chip shortage or material shortage or not. Why are current orders with the same packages getting built before older orders? What happened to first in first out? If they are short on materials then when you have some in build the next in line not the most recent ordered.

I’m starting to think that some people with heavy delays with simple builds is coming down how dealers are inputting the orders. Retail sales vs other sale methods. 

12 minutes ago, Tidesright said:

I’m starting to think that some people with heavy delays with simple builds is coming down how dealers are inputting the orders. Retail sales vs other sale methods. 

Inputting orders with other than retail order types will only delay order scheduling further. Retail orders need to be submitted to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) with a copy of the customer's Driver's License and a signed copy of a Buyer's Order. Once verified, those orders qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. Otherwise, those orders require regular allocation in order to get scheduled. 

10 minutes ago, billnathutch said:

ordered 5/8, finally got a build date of 10/5 and a window sticker.  Does anyone know the average shipping time?  I'm in Minnesota, I'm banking on about 30 days. 

In normal times, the average in-transit time was 14 days. With driver and equipment shortages, extended delivery times are to be expected. 

6 hours ago, billnathutch said:

ordered 5/8, finally got a build date of 10/5 and a window sticker.  Does anyone know the average shipping time?  I'm in Minnesota, I'm banking on about 30 days. 

I'm also in MN and scheduled week of Oct 18th. Dealer said they are hopeful delivery would be mid November

On 8/12 my truck was scheduled to a build week of 9/27. Then 10/18. Then 10/4. I was worried it would change again but was happy to see it move to "in production" a few hours ago. A few minutes ago the window sticker became available, too. I have the feeling tracking it once it ships is going to be difficult since my dealer hasn't pulled a VVR since I placed the order in early July and I think that's the only place you can get the rail car information from.

Just ordered a 2022 F-350 Lariat CCSB 7.3 4x4 and just noticed on the order sheet it has a 11,100# GVWR package… will this decrease my payload? Or is this the standard for all F-350s? If the dealer removes this “option” will it increase the GVWR in turn increase the stickered  payload?

60DA9076-229C-42F8-8560-6C7B70EC7358.thumb.jpeg.3d554ab3f0e13be92fc862ea1c0599c8.jpeg

On 9/26/2021 at 8:10 PM, H-D FB 103 said:

It says to place order or take delivery by 9/30. So that was my argument. Once they listened to me they entered it the way the CPO instructions gave at the bottom, they were able to apply it to my order.

The dealer doubled down on their “no” with the following

we run a smart Vincent for the day it was ordered and the day its delivered…we can then lock in the smart Vincent for whichever date…if you received a PCO after the date it was ordered and its going to expire by delivery, it wont be on either of those 2 previous dates…that is the only way it works.”

57 minutes ago, dRams said:

Just ordered a 2022 F-350 Lariat CCSB 7.3 4x4 and just noticed on the order sheet it has a 11,100# GVWR package… will this decrease my payload? Or is this the standard for all F-350s? If the dealer removes this “option” will it increase the GVWR in turn increase the stickered  payload?

I placed an order for a F-350 XLT CCSB 7.3 4x4 and it was "assigned" the same 11,100# GVWR. I specifically told the dealer I didn't want any package or option to decrease my payload since the whole point of getting a 1 ton truck is for towing my RV. So I figured that's the value that was assigned based on the vehicle specs and additional options I selected (which were minimal).

Also worth noting, according to the 2022 brochure a F350 4x4 with 11,100# GVWR will have a payload rating around 4,260lbs. Even though that number will surely fluctuate it will still be way more than double the payload capacity of my 2014 F150.

Edited by jjordan3

19 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I only have access to the information published for the New York Region. The commodity restraints should apply equally to the other regions but it would require confirmation from someone with access to the information for other regions. 

My dealer today showed me the same order restriction form you share. It has all the same items on it. I'm in the boise, Idaho area

• Thanks 1