2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

31 minutes ago, Shane60 said:

I had seen that as well which made me think it will be a while before I get scheduled, but it just got scheduled today according to the window sticker date, and the in production date on the window sticker is 9/27 which tells me it's slated to be built next week.

If yours is going into production in the next few days, then it was "scheduled" about a month ago, which was before we started seeing notices that the axles weren't available. Trucks that were scheduled today aren't going to be produced until first week of November. 

8 minutes ago, Nighthawk37 said:

If yours is going into production in the next few days, then it was "scheduled" about a month ago, which was before we started seeing notices that the axles weren't available. Trucks that were scheduled today aren't going to be produced until first week of November. 

That's pretty awesome because I just placed the order 9/7!

So, my Lariat F350/7.3 gas/long bed/ adaptive steering/bedliner, ordered 5-27, after being issued a VIN in June, and being scheduled for production since mid September, has slipped yet again on the calendar another month, to December (previously scheduled for Nov. 8th). W. T. F. ? !  Is Ford hoping I'll cancel the order, so they can sell the unit at a "market adjusted" price?  Is the adaptive steering feature the hold up? I doubt it, since the dealer is telling me it can't taken off the build order to speed the build schedule/ 

This is quite frustrating, mostly because of the lack of communication - starting with Ford.

Can anyone shed some light on what is actually happening?  If not specifically with my order, then in a more general way, with the seemingly random and chaotic scheduling?  From the day I ordered, I changed one thing, and that was before the VIN was assigned. After that, no changes.

Edited by Latebraking

On 9/29/2021 at 9:15 PM, dRams said:

Just ordered a 2022 F-350 Lariat CCSB 7.3 4x4 and just noticed on the order sheet it has a 11,100# GVWR package… will this decrease my payload? Or is this the standard for all F-350s? If the dealer removes this “option” will it increase the GVWR in turn increase the stickered  payload?

60DA9076-229C-42F8-8560-6C7B70EC7358.thumb.jpeg.3d554ab3f0e13be92fc862ea1c0599c8.jpeg

I ordered a long bed, with the 4.30, and my gvwr is 11,900, I have Hydroboost brakes, and a 4,400 stickered payload. 

Hey guys and gals, new member here.. I ordered a 22 F-350 CCLB 6.7 Lariat base on 09/21 and received an update today from fomoco stating it is scheduled for build on 11/01. Additionally I was provided with the vin. No AS or any other known constraints… Hope this helps. 

I ordered a F350 Platinum 7.3 with AS (I don't mind waiting) and 20 wheels on 8/4.

I asked the dealer last week to upgrade to the Tremor package. They told me it was too late to make a change.  They said it wasn't scheduled but it was "almost right there".

I smell BS.  What do you think?

Edited by Fogbelly

2 hours ago, Fogbelly said:

I ordered a F350 Platinum 7.3 with AS (I don't mind waiting) and 20 wheels on 8/4.

I asked the dealer last week to upgrade to the Tremor package. They told me it was too late to make a change.  They said it wasn't scheduled but it was "almost right there".

While I’m no expert on all this, from what I’ve learned here, this definitely smells of BS, lazy salesman syndrome. Until you have a VIN, your order isn’t locked in.

2 hours ago, Fogbelly said:

You need to speak to the sales manager or general manager. 

Even with a vin/scheduled week, you can still make changes, as I have done this. No guarantee Ford will accept the change, but from my understanding it is not made at the dealer level. This needs to be submitted to the regional rep to coord with ford to make the change. It will take some time to go through. For me it pushed me back one week but the change was made. That’s all that matters. For retail orders you should probably be dealing with the sales manager anyhow. Just my .02$ 

Well I slipped a week, just got the email late last night. I hope it doesn’t slip more with the holidays approaching, not sure what the plants operating capacity is during this time of year. I know the Goodyear plant shuts down for most of December here.

FF2022ED-BA05-46A8-8C57-9A9416C075AF.jpeg

Edited by ikre8kos4u

12 minutes ago, ikre8kos4u said:

Well I slipped a week, just got the email late last night. I hope it doesn’t slip more with the holidays approaching, not sure what the plants operating capacity is during this time of year. I know the Goodyear plant shuts down for most of December here.

FF2022ED-BA05-46A8-8C57-9A9416C075AF.jpeg

What was the date prior to this one? Mine was the week of 10/18 and received the email last night that I’ve been moved to the week of 10/25 now

On 9/29/2021 at 10:20 PM, Steve N said:

The dealer doubled down on their “no” with the following

we run a smart Vincent for the day it was ordered and the day its delivered…we can then lock in the smart Vincent for whichever date…if you received a PCO after the date it was ordered and its going to expire by delivery, it wont be on either of those 2 previous dates…that is the only way it works.”

I had a PCO that showed an expiration of 9/30 and here is what I did.

I was able to sit down with both my salesperson and the GSM at the same time to try and work out the mystery of my $2,500 PCO that "expires" today. Our first call was to FMC Customer Service (800 334-4375). They were able to verify that I did in fact have a valid PCO but when the dealership started asking questions, they said were only a customer facing dept and could not talk to the dealer. The GSM was told by FMC Customer Service to contact the Dealer Assistance Center. We then called the Dealer Assistance Center and explained the situation and they verified who I was and that I did indeed have a valid PCO. The Dealer Assistance Center confirmed that until a VIN is issued for my order the dealer could not lock the PCO into Vincent. The Dealer Assistance Center instructed the GSM to enter a VIN from a similar truck into Vincent to verify eligibility and to print out the info from Vincent and save it along with proof of the order date until the truck gets delivered. Once the truck gets delivered the dealership needs to submit for an exception and include the order date and eligibility verification.
The GSM said that he was comfortable with this process and is going to honor the PCO. It was a PITA to get the GSM in the room with the salesman and myself, but I am happy with the outcome. All the calls were on speakerphone, so all parties were able to participate fully.

If anyone is needing a vehicle, I highly recommend Josh Stamper @ North Central Ford in Richardson, TX - I have purchased several cars from him and he is a stand-up guy and ex-LEO to boot

Edited by akirby
Un highlight response

48 minutes ago, Mbrooks44 said:

If yours is being pushed back, I suspect I won’t see mine this year. I ordered 6/28 and no updates since. The restrictions on wheels and 5th wheel prep are not helping. 

I ordered April 20, removed AS towards the end of August, finally got a scheduled week email around the 16th of September. My truck is an F450 Platinum with roll up tonneau cover, 5th wheel-gooseneck prep, & bedliner all of which have had commodity restrictions/shortages that surprised me that it even got scheduled.

I got a call today from my dealer and they said I can’t add the sport package because it will screw up my place in line. If I add it it will def prolong the process. They said that I’m next to be pulled from their pool. We will see next Thursday if this is true or bs I suppose. 

10 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

I got a call today from my dealer and they said I can’t add the sport package because it will screw up my place in line. If I add it it will def prolong the process. They said that I’m next to be pulled from their pool. We will see next Thursday if this is true or bs I suppose. 

Is your order retail or stock?  My dealer effed me up by flipping the order to stock.

15 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

I was told something similar last week.......still waiting though.

Ordered a 22 F350 Lariat Ordered on 9/8/21, dealer tells me it has a scheduled build week of 10/18/21... Im not getting any update on my Ford account, or my FordPass app, from Ford about it. Is this something the dealer did wrong when ordering it? or is something Ford can fix? Also, it does not show up in my Ford account under the "reservations and order" page.

Edited by eightbawl

@eightbawl your dealer has the closest to real time info. All the other sources you referred to either lag quite a bit or don’t offer updates. If you haven’t gotten emails from Ford acknowledging your order and now that you have a scheduled build week then the dealer probably either didn’t enter your email with the order or entered it incorrectly.

31 minutes ago, 1TonOFun said:

@eightbawl your dealer has the closest to real time info. All the other sources you referred to either lag quite a bit or don’t offer updates. If you haven’t gotten emails from Ford acknowledging your order and now that you have a scheduled build week then the dealer probably either didn’t enter your email with the order or entered it incorrectly.

Thanks for the info. I’m going to assume they didn’t enter it correctly. He showed it to me on the order form with the correct email. Just not sure if he put it in the right spot.