2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

F250 CC Diesel Platinum 8’ bed 5th wheel prep Bedliner  twin moon roof winch off road   Ordered 8/2, got build week of 9/20 then switched to 9/27. No new emails. What does the brain trust of this group think I will see my truck. Chicago region. 

On 9/29/2021 at 9:35 PM, jjordan3 said:

On 8/12 my truck was scheduled to a build week of 9/27. Then 10/18. Then 10/4. I was worried it would change again but was happy to see it move to "in production" a few hours ago. A few minutes ago the window sticker became available, too. I have the feeling tracking it once it ships is going to be difficult since my dealer hasn't pulled a VVR since I placed the order in early July and I think that's the only place you can get the rail car information from.

Go to the vehicle tracking thread on here and give him your VIN and order number. I would wait for a couple days once it has shipped to make sure that it’s on a rail car. He will only give you updates once a week! Good luck. 

Wow, I’m stoked. Got notice from dealer my truck is here. I ordered 2022 f250 platinum with 6.7 powerstroke. Got confirmation email July 27th. Whent in to production September 14th. Got built September 22nd, shipped September 23rd , got to dealer today October 1st in Gainesville fl. Wish everybody the best this forum was great to follow.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, joshyboy said:

Wow, I’m stoked. Got notice from dealer my truck is here. I ordered 2022 f250 platinum with 6.7 powerstroke. Got confirmation email July 27th. Whent in to production September 14th. Got built September 22nd, shipped September 23rd , got to dealer today October 1st in Gainesville fl. Wish everybody the best this forum was great to follow.

That's wierd, I have same build ship date in Georgia and haven't seen my truck yet. But congratulations on your truck, maybe mine will show up soon

So, barring a train crash or other natural disaster it looks like my F450 Platinum will have taken just over 6 months from order date to delivery.  I ordered almost every option including bed-liner and it seemed to roll right through.  I also ordered an F350 Tremor fully loaded on the same day and it is set to deliver the same week as the F450.  So, all in all I will be happy with the timeline...  of course, I haven't seen them yet...

Related - the F450 with pics below will be for sale if anyone is interested.  I ordered both with the intention of keeping one and not knowing which one might not ever show up!

1937863601_VehicleTracker.thumb.jpg.6938f998792561f6a25d4b04b146216a.jpg2103209598_WindowSticker.thumb.JPG.230ba34a0592921930b52e5ab026b097.JPG

11 minutes ago, Matthew3c said:

So, barring a train crash or other natural disaster it looks like my F450 Platinum will have taken just over 6 months from order date to delivery.  I ordered almost every option including bed-liner and it seemed to roll right through.  I also ordered an F350 Tremor fully loaded on the same day and it is set to deliver the same week as the F450.  So, all in all I will be happy with the timeline...  of course, I haven't seen them yet...

Related - the F450 with pics below will be for sale if anyone is interested.  I ordered both with the intention of keeping one and not knowing which one might not ever show up!

1937863601_VehicleTracker.thumb.jpg.6938f998792561f6a25d4b04b146216a.jpg2103209598_WindowSticker.thumb.JPG.230ba34a0592921930b52e5ab026b097.JPG

AS on the white F-450?  Looks like we ordered the same but I don't see AS on yours?

39 minutes ago, GynormousMellon said:

AS on the white F-450?  Looks like we ordered the same but I don't see AS on yours?

Correct, I did not add Adaptive Steering on the 450.  To be honest, it was a miss; I intended to order almost every option I could.  But, in hindsight maybe it was lucky I did not.  It seems to be the cause of delays.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:15 PM, dRams said:

Just ordered a 2022 F-350 Lariat CCSB 7.3 4x4 and just noticed on the order sheet it has a 11,100# GVWR package… will this decrease my payload? Or is this the standard for all F-350s? If the dealer removes this “option” will it increase the GVWR in turn increase the stickered  payload?

60DA9076-229C-42F8-8560-6C7B70EC7358.thumb.jpeg.3d554ab3f0e13be92fc862ea1c0599c8.jpeg

I have the same build, different color and 4.30 rear. Delivered two weeks ago. The 11,100 is standard on that build. My payload is 3754. yours will be about the same. Only way to get 200 more is with all-terrain tires. Bumps the gvw to 11,300. I didn't want them or 20" wheels. I'm very happy with the all-season tires and payload.

On 10/2/2021 at 8:55 AM, Matthew3c said:

Are you trying to sell it for profit? or are you allowing someone else to purchase your order from the dealer that you ordered it from?

Does the cleanup scheduling give any hope for those of us that have been waiting since April or May? With the black pack? My understanding is cleanup scheduling is getting some of the older random orders scheduled and completed. I could have that wrong. 

11 minutes ago, danielj said:

Does the cleanup scheduling give any hope for those of us that have been waiting since April or May? With the black pack? My understanding is cleanup scheduling is getting some of the older random orders scheduled and completed. I could have that wrong. 

my understanding is it is filling in gaps in the schedule with trucks that can be built. 

13 minutes ago, mattdm said:

my understanding is it is filling in gaps in the schedule with trucks that can be built. 

I say spray my bedliner and my truck can be built.  Lol ?  they won't let me remove the bedliner without removing the black pack. 

48 minutes ago, danielj said:

I say spray my bedliner and my truck can be built.  Lol ?  they won't let me remove the bedliner without removing the black pack. 

i dropped the bedliner a few weeks ago on mine since i can get line-x done locally for about $150 more then ford charges. but there are axle shortages and fifth wheel package shortages currently too. not as keen to drop those.

1 hour ago, mattdm said:

i dropped the bedliner a few weeks ago on mine since i can get line-x done locally for about $150 more then ford charges. but there are axle shortages and fifth wheel package shortages currently too. not as keen to drop those.

Ask them to be more specific on the 5th wheel package shortage. My dealer said the prep package isn't a shortage. Just the gooseneck ball kit. So I removed it from my order cause they said a b&w ball will fit the same and my dealer has the ford ones in stock anyways. They didn't say my 3.55 locker is a shortage. 

1 hour ago, Mbrooks44 said:

No where do I see anything that talks about the ball set up. It’s all called 5th wheel prep that’s the issue. To me it seems obvious it’s the prep kit, not the ball and hitch things that’s the issue. I’m curious if anyone else has heard anything on this. 

It sounds backwards to me too but my dealer said its the ball. I figured I don't have anything to loose by removing the ball. 

Ive seen some dealerships placing a $5k ADM on "customer cancelled" custom orders. And used trucks going for upwards of 10k over new MSRP.

My question is: with this shortage, has anyone been getting invoice pricing, or anything below MSRP? Would you purchase the extended 8yr/125k warranty and service contract up front or wait for a "Ford" offer?

My order is scheduled 10/18 build, and knowing that the truck is coming home with me, have any of you been able to negotiate those prices at all?

Thanks for the info.

On 10/1/2021 at 10:21 AM, Mbrooks44 said:

If yours is being pushed back, I suspect I won’t see mine this year. I ordered 6/28 and no updates since. The restrictions on wheels and 5th wheel prep are not helping. 

I got the dreaded email last night that my F-350 Platinum SRW 6.7 has been pushed back again to Dec. 1st. I don’t expect this truck this year. I ordered 4-22-21, received VIN in 6-4-21 and the first build week was 7–26-21. It does have AS, and virtually every option available. My salesman is the New Truck manager and has been very non responsive. I asked for the AS to be deleted months ago and he never did so I ordered a 2nd truck from another dealer without the AS 3 weeks ago and got VIN and schedule build week of 11-1-21 within 2 weeks of ordering. We will see. Also received X-plan pricing from the 2nd dealer. 

Edited by Chris E

I just looked at my ford pass app and upon bumping the map near the bottom, it just put the vehicle on the map, and I could drag it around.  I was excited for a second after seeing the previous post!  This would be a good idea for the wish list section....have a real-time tracker for shipped trucks.  Would save a LOT of phone calls from customers

Edited by Kory04

34 minutes ago, Kory04 said:

I just looked at my ford pass app and upon bumping the map near the bottom, it just put the vehicle on the map, and I could drag it around.  I was excited for a second after seeing the previous post!  This would be a good idea for the wish list section....have a real-time tracker for shipped trucks.  Would save a LOT of phone calls from customers

Awesome.  When I do the map, it shows my present location.  But, the app also want's my truck activated too.

7 hours ago, danielj said:

Ask them to be more specific on the 5th wheel package shortage. My dealer said the prep package isn't a shortage. Just the gooseneck ball kit. So I removed it from my order cause they said a b&w ball will fit the same and my dealer has the ford ones in stock anyways. They didn't say my 3.55 locker is a shortage. 

Mine didnt really know anything about it. I showed him Ice-capades picture of the availability, and apparently he talked to the regional manager and they determined it was only bedliner holding mine up. I suspect they are wrong though. I did get an 01 priority though in the process ?‍♂️