2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, Kory04 said:

I just looked at my ford pass app and upon bumping the map near the bottom, it just put the vehicle on the map, and I could drag it around.  I was excited for a second after seeing the previous post!  This would be a good idea for the wish list section....have a real-time tracker for shipped trucks.  Would save a LOT of phone calls from customers

It does work! I was able to find my truck rolling down the assembly line. 

Aluminum Roll.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Ive seen some dealerships placing a $5k ADM on "customer cancelled" custom orders. And used trucks going for upwards of 10k over new MSRP.

My question is: with this shortage, has anyone been getting invoice pricing, or anything below MSRP? Would you purchase the extended 8yr/125k warranty and service contract up front or wait for a "Ford" offer?

My order is scheduled 10/18 build, and knowing that the truck is coming home with me, have any of you been able to negotiate those prices at all?

Thanks for the info.

I got my truck for about $250 over invoice price. So yes there are SOME dealers that are still giving deals but MANY are not and MSRP or more seems to be the new norm. 

3 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Ive seen some dealerships placing a $5k ADM on "customer cancelled" custom orders. And used trucks going for upwards of 10k over new MSRP.

My question is: with this shortage, has anyone been getting invoice pricing, or anything below MSRP? Would you purchase the extended 8yr/125k warranty and service contract up front or wait for a "Ford" offer?

My order is scheduled 10/18 build, and knowing that the truck is coming home with me, have any of you been able to negotiate those prices at all?

Thanks for the info.

I received what I paid for my 2016 F-350 DRW 6.7, which is now 6 yrs old, but is low miles. I have known our Sales Manager for 15 to 20 years, so he provided about $8,000 below MSRP, on a 22 F-450 KR. In these difficult times, it pays to have developed a relationaship with a Sales Manager and even follow him from 1 dealership to a new one.

When I pick up the truck, I will not purchase the extended warranty. Might take out the service plan again, depending on the cost, just for the convenience.

4 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Thanks for the info.

Joe Murphy @ Apple Ford in Apple Valley MN...can order a 2022 F150, Explorer, Super Duty, Bronco....at invoice pricing plus incentives/rebates. Still great dealers out there and awesome sales people. However, it's limited. 7 others have ordered trucks from him on ford tremor forum. 

I changed my order 7/13 and its scheduled for oct 18th week 2022 F350 6.7 Tremor. I also ordered a 2022 Explorer Timberline for my wife and it's also scheduled for end of November. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

I received what I paid for my 2016 F-350 DRW 6.7, which is now 6 yrs old, but is low miles. I have known our Sales Manager for 15 to 20 years, so he provided about $8,000 below MSRP, on a 22 F-450 KR. In these difficult times, it pays to have developed a relationaship with a Sales Manager and even follow him from 1 dealership to a new one.

When I pick up the truck, I will not purchase the extended warranty. Might take out the service plan again, depending on the cost, just for the convenience.

That’s a great deal. One thing for people to note is that the higher trim level you get the bigger the margin which in turn can equal a bigger discount when it comes to getting invoice pricing. For example a Lariat May have a 4K difference between MSRP and invoice. Where a KR or Platinum May have over 6k. Some people tend to think that the invoice margins are the same across the board. 

And I agree with you on establishing a relationship. I have bought multiple trucks from my dealership and send everyone I know there and they treat everyone fair. Some of my friends have even tried to shop the price they’re given and can’t beat it. So that’s a plus. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1TonOFun said:

Granger Motors in Granger Iowa sells for 2% under invoice plus you get any incentives (PCO etc). There is a thread on FTE if you have any questions. I think they will pick you up at the airport if you fly in.

Yes, Granger is great, I have talked with them. Only reason I did not go with them is Apple Ford was 0 deposit (I've purchased an xplorer from themback in 2018). Granger was $1000 deposit for each ordered vehicle. Saved $2,000 on deposits by going Apple Ford. But Granger is a little better discount at 2% below invoice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kory04 said:

I just looked at my ford pass app and upon bumping the map near the bottom, it just put the vehicle on the map, and I could drag it around.  I was excited for a second after seeing the previous post!  This would be a good idea for the wish list section....have a real-time tracker for shipped trucks.  Would save a LOT of phone calls from customers

I tried adding my VIN in the app and it just comes back as app not responding and can't find vehicle. Truck is supposed to be built this week. Maybe it's a canadian thing lol

10 hours ago, danielj said:

It sounds backwards to me too but my dealer said its the ball. I figured I don't have anything to loose by removing the ball. 

My truck with 5th wheel prep package was built on 10/2/2021 and has shipped.  I ordered the truck on 8/26/2021.  I don't think the 5th wheel prep is on indefinite hold, but is in short supply. 

I just got an update from my dealer. Ordered 4/30, scheduled to day 10-13-2021. F350 CCSB Lariat Ultimate, Black Appearance package, adaptive cruise control, fifth wheel prep, ultimate trailer tow camera. So apparently if you wait long enough the commodities will come in. Hopefully the build day holds.

23 hours ago, eightbawl said:

Are you trying to sell it for profit? or are you allowing someone else to purchase your order from the dealer that you ordered it from?

I am definitely looking to make a profit on it.  Two dealers have offered me $5,000 over MSRP.  But, the dealer that I ordered it from is in the best position to take it from me by applying a larger discount to the F350 I ordered at the same time.  Both trucks are scheduled to arrive the same week.

3 hours ago, 1TonOFun said:

I just got an update from my dealer. Ordered 4/30, scheduled to day 10-13-2021. F350 CCSB Lariat Ultimate, Black Appearance package, adaptive cruise control, fifth wheel prep, ultimate trailer tow camera. So apparently if you wait long enough the commodities will come in. Hopefully the build day holds.

As some commodities come in, others run out... it seems never ending. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 22F350_SRW said:

My truck with 5th wheel prep package was built on 10/2/2021 and has shipped.  I ordered the truck on 8/26/2021.  I don't think the 5th wheel prep is on indefinite hold, but is in short supply. 

The 5th Wheel Prep Package has never been on indefinite hold but is often a short supply commodity. 

1 hour ago, jmf450 said:

What is the latest commodity report showing as shortages? Last I recall the 19.5" forged aluminum wheels and a few other things were listed.

The latest information available is listed in the Ford Scheduling Notes (https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70846-ford-weekly-scheduling-notes/&page=4) which is sent via e-mail by the Centralized Field Order Scheduling office. Additional information regarding specific commodity and/or plant constraints is posted when available and is also available for specific vehicle orders in the AM Scheduling Preview Report which is available to Dealers at the FMCDealer.com portal. 

Commodity and plant restraints change and are updated weekly. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

41 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The latest information available is listed in the Ford Scheduling Notes (https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70846-ford-weekly-scheduling-notes/&page=4) which is sent via e-mail by the Centralized Field Order Scheduling office. Additional information regarding specific commodity and/or plant constraints is posted when available and is also available for specific vehicle orders in the AM Scheduling Preview Report which is available to Dealers at the FMCDealer.com portal. 

Thank you for the link, I am new to the forum and have been lurking. I ordered a '22 F450 Lariat on 9/20 and was looking at what others have been seeing for lead times. I knew about the semiconductor shortages but didn't realize the extent of the supply chain challenges. I really appreciate the effort you put in to keep the rest of us informed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Matthew3c said:

I am definitely looking to make a profit on it.  Two dealers have offered me $5,000 over MSRP.  But, the dealer that I ordered it from is in the best position to take it from me by applying a larger discount to the F350 I ordered at the same time.  Both trucks are scheduled to arrive the same week.

What region of the country do you live in? Why would a dealer sell you a truck and then buy it back for more than they sold it for? 

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

ICE-CAPADES,

If my truck is scheduled for oct-25 does it mean they have all components to build the truck including say "spray in bedliner" and 5th wheel prep. Just making sure that is the case as thats what I think I read on here or could the build still be on hold due to supply issues?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, ardvark666 said:

What region of the country do you live in? Why would a dealer sell you a truck and then buy it back for more than they sold it for? 

Technically, if it's a retail order and he has an agreed upon price, they can't take it back without some serious backlash.

But, my guess, he tells them to take $5k (just picking a number) off the price of his other truck and he backs out of this one and lets them sell it as stock.

16 hours ago, 1TonOFun said:

I thought trucks with AS weren't going to be scheduled until further notice.......!!!!?????@!!!!!!

How can this be?

Edited by Fogbelly

2 hours ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

ICE-CAPADES,

If my truck is scheduled for oct-25 does it mean they have all components to build the truck including say "spray in bedliner" and 5th wheel prep. Just making sure that is the case as thats what I think I read on here or could the build still be on hold due to supply issues?

Thanks 

Commodity restraints apply to unscheduled orders only.