2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Ordered F450 Platinum on 3/31.  Dealer informed me today the adaptive steering was removed from my order (around 9/22) and my scheduled build week is still 11/8.  Fingers crossed it'll actually get built now.  I was going to ride out the AS, but my job situation is fixin to change so now I need to speed up the time table.

For all wondering how I got the discount. I really do not know. In the past I have sent inquiries to multiple dealers. I called Ford Marketing weekly for updates on my build. I log into ford pass both on the app and online, maybe because my truck is scheduled to be built soon and I must have triggered something in their algorithm. All I can say is make sure your info is all up to date with Ford Marketing and try things to trigger a PCO, there really is no set of tools or things to do since it is all random. What worked for me (if I really knew what it was, just speculating) won’t necessarily work for others, sort of like playing the lottery/gambling.

I saw this mentioned in the scheduling notes:

"Plant scheduling is previewing full for orders not already previewing as selected for scheduling on Thursday. Allocation for orders not previewing/selected will roll over to next week's scheduling. "

What does this translate to in English?

12 hours ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

ICE-CAPADES,

If my truck is scheduled for oct-25 does it mean they have all components to build the truck including say "spray in bedliner" and 5th wheel prep. Just making sure that is the case as thats what I think I read on here or could the build still be on hold due to supply issues?

Thanks 

Got the dreaded email.. Pushed back 1 week.. at least its only 1 week at this point.  

5 hours ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

I saw this mentioned in the scheduling notes:

"Plant scheduling is previewing full for orders not already previewing as selected for scheduling on Thursday. Allocation for orders not previewing/selected will roll over to next week's scheduling. "

What does this translate to in English?

Ford generates "AM Scheduling Preview" reports for each dealership's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) that show which orders are being selected for scheduling that week. For orders not "previewing" as selected, the report also shows the commodity or plant constraints in effect that week preventing an order from being selected for scheduling. For selected orders, the AM Scheduling Preview report also shows an initial assigned production week. The reports are updated and generated each weekday morning until the final weekly preview for Thursday's scheduling. Ford scheduling is done on Thursday’s but at times scheduling may be carried over to Friday’s due to scheduling, commodity or other issues. Vehicle scheduling confirmations are available on Friday mornings via the Vehicle Visibility system for allocation scheduled on Thursday.   

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, H-D FB 103 said:

Received the email last night from Ford, build week pushed out to 11/8 now. So from the 1st build week of 10/18, then the 2nd build week of 10/25 till the 3rd build week of 11/8, that’s 4 weeks added. Starting to think I won’t see it till next year now. 

Mine has followed the same progression of delayed scheduling: from the 18th, 25th, and now 8th.  Still holding out to see it as an early Christmas present.  I'll already have plenty of goodies sitting here waiting for it if the Black Friday deals are decent this year!

My order for F-350 Platinum has Build week of 9/27, Sent To Plant 9/24, nothing on the tracker... I asked in another forum and a guy looked up the VIN and said it looks like it was sent to production line on 10/3 but no further updates. It's now the 6th and I have no idea what's going on with it still. I did ask my salesman who is not at work today to check the VVR and see if he can find anything... of course that won't happen until tomorrow when he gets back to work. I just hope something didn't happen to the Truck and it was pulled off assembly for some reason. I think this is worse than not being scheduled for months lol... trying to be patient and not worry though. Might be built and just not updated like so many others before me. The trackers have been unreliable for a lot of folks and dead on for others.

24 minutes ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

My order for F-350 Platinum has Build week of 9/27, Sent To Plant 9/24, nothing on the tracker... I asked in another forum and a guy looked up the VIN and said it looks like it was sent to production line on 10/3 but no further updates. It's now the 6th and I have no idea what's going on with it still. I did ask my salesman who is not at work today to check the VVR and see if he can find anything... of course that won't happen until tomorrow when he gets back to work. I just hope something didn't happen to the Truck and it was pulled off assembly for some reason. I think this is worse than not being scheduled for months lol... trying to be patient and not worry though. Might be built and just not updated like so many others before me. The trackers have been unreliable for a lot of folks and dead on for others.

You're better off talking directly to the sales manager or the individual that manages the dealership's order bank. The majority of sales representatives know little, if anything, about the Vehicle Visibility system or have access to it. I would also request a copy of the latest Vehicle Visibility report so that you can actually confirm your vehicle's status. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

I have the same dates as you do and I do not know where my truck is as well. I did ask cyperman to see where it was and he replied it went to body plant on 10/1

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tremor22 said:

Awesome…I’ve been “in production” since last Wednesday….I keep waiting for the “built” status

22 lariat tremor

Same here. It seems it's taking forever to finally move from "in production" to "built".

I've been keeping an eye on the Public SD Tracker spreadsheet on FTE forums and so far only 1 truck that was scheduled to be built this week has moved out of "in production" status.

Hopefully things start moving along soon.

18 minutes ago, tremor22 said:

Awesome…I’ve been “in production” since last Wednesday….I keep waiting for the “built” status

22 lariat tremor

Mine was in production status for just over a week and then changed to built.  Be patient.   Had scheduled day of 9/20, wasnt built until 9/26 and changed to built status on 9/27.  Shipped 9/28

Edited by cmk1981

On 10/5/2021 at 11:09 AM, ardvark666 said:

What region of the country do you live in? Why would a dealer sell you a truck and then buy it back for more than they sold it for? 

I am in Atlanta, GA.  When I ordered my two trucks (F350 and F450) we agreed upon a selling price of Dealer Invoice +$1,000 (plus sales tax).  Today dealers are able to sell them for quite a bit more than MSRP.  The dealership in Dallas that offered me $5,000 over MSRP will level the front end, add larger tires with fancy wheels, tint the windows, etc...  and ask $120k or more.  Check out this link:

https://www.lewisvilleautoplex.com/exotic-used/Ford/2021-Ford-Super+Duty+F-450+DRW-458ed0070a0e09a90d190c0185d3f213.htm

I've also seen dealers simply adding a "Market Adjustment" adder of $15,000 or more (see pic)...

It seems crazy, but I guess there are folks that will pay a higher price just to get it... It's certainly happened with other vehicles (Porche, Vette, etc...)

As for your question about why my dealer would "sell me a truck and then buy it back"...  I assume that the Dealer Invoice +$1,000 deal that I have on my F350 (I'm keeping that one) allows them to make some profit.  They could lower that price a bit more and just have more cost in the F450.  They wouldn't technically sell it to me and buy it back; they would instead give me a larger discount on my F350 and just have a higher cost base in the F450.

Notice that the $15,000 Market Adjustment is for a Lariat F250 with the 7.3 gas burner!  Imagine what they'd ask for a Plati Diesel!

Market Adjustment.jpg

Edited by Matthew3c

So what happens if commodity constraints are not resolved? I ordered a truck back in the spring that has all the options that have commodity constraints (Adaptive Steering, 5th wheel prep, Spray in Bedliner) and I am willing to wait? Does my order and the pricing I received just turn into 2023MY Super Duties and I hope that it ultimately gets built?

Sorry for not being more optimistic, but the week after week statement from Ford saying “22MY Super Duty with Adaptive Steering -   Until further notice” does not have me very hopeful.