2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

My dealer was rushing to get my truck processed before I went to work last week and forgot to deduct my $1k deposit from the price. Went back in today and they offered to refund or get any accessories I wanted for 25% off cost. I got 6" running boards, soft bed cover and superduty bug shield.

3 hours ago, Hamilton said:

6 days from build week right now. Assuming that the email will vome Thursday the 14th. We shall see.

Also its nice to hear that others are being moved up in their production weeks as well.

I just checked and I now have a window sticker! Excited!

Ok so hopefully this will help someone out. 
Lariat F-250 SBCC 7.3 Carb Gray/Black

Lariat Ult/Black/Tremor No AS/ACC

ordered 2 June 

confirmed 2 June (no emails from Ford)

scheduled to week of 27 sept 

bumped to week of 4 Oct after adding 360 cam package 

scheduled to day 4 Oct 

In production 5 Oct

released to body company 6 Oct

built 11 Oct 

Awaiting shipping 11 Oct 

shipped 12 Oct w/ eta 27 Oct - 2 Nov to dealer in South Jersey. 

any questions on specific items just ask I’ll do my best to help. 

Picked it up tonight... kind of pissed off at Ford.  Dealership had TWO trucks that were finished the same day as mine, they were trucked in, while mine got put on a train.

Wife drove it home, she getting used to adaptive cruise :)

For some reason, we couldn't get voice command for nav to work.  We'll wait to see if it was just a slow feed for activation.

Hard roll up tonneau cover housing blocks the sprayed in Ford emblem at the front of the bed.  Truck was delivered without tonneau cover key.  We looked everywhere for the key, it was not to be found.

On 10/10/2021 at 6:59 AM, ice-capades said:

If Dealers are having trouble getting orders loaded correctly? BS. There is no problem submitting 2022 Super Duty orders via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. In addition, there is no information available on when the Adaptive Steering commodity restraint will be lifted. 

Its very frustrating how some dealers have no clue when it comes to customer orders.  I showed my salesperson how to get the rail car details on the VVR and he still would not send it over to me.  He said it was confidential information?  I just don't get it. 

ice-capades

I apologize in advance if this question has been answered/explained before. I tried my best to read through the comments as to not bother you guys with the same repetitive questions. 

I received an email from Ford saying my ordered date has pushed back to 12/6 (original order date of 5/10 with many push-backs on build weeks). I just got word from my dealership that my truck has been "sent to plant", but still showing build week of 12/6. 

Does this mean that my truck should be scheduled to be built next build week being its showing "sent to plant", or does this mean that it shouldn't get pushed back anymore and should get built the week of 12/6?

Well another week has gone by with no changes…. Good thing I guess.  Below is my updated synopsis of this order.

F450 Platinum will 98.6% of all options, Antimatter Blue Metallic. (Retractable tonneau cover, 5th wheel/gooseneck, spray-in bedliner) 

Ordered Confirmed: 20 April 2021.

1st Email: 16 June 2021 when dealer added my email address to the order it generated a response email immediately. 

Order Adjustment: 16 August 2021, removed Adaptive Steering.

Scheduled Week Email: 16 September 2021, received email from Ford, build week is 25 October 2021.

Scheduled Week Adjustment: 30 September 2021, received email from Ford moving build week to 1 November 2021. 

In Production: N/A

Built: N/A

Shipped: N/A

Delivery Date: N/A

53 minutes ago, 22F350_SRW said:

Its very frustrating how some dealers have no clue when it comes to customer orders.  I showed my salesperson how to get the rail car details on the VVR and he still would not send it over to me.  He said it was confidential information?  I just don't get it. 

Yes it's confidential, but you being a party to that information, it can be shared with you.  Dealer can't send it someone that is not a party to your order.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 1991LX said:

Ok so hopefully this will help someone out. 
Lariat F-250 SBCC 7.3 Carb Gray/Black

Lariat Ult/Black/Tremor No AS/ACC

ordered 2 June 

confirmed 2 June (no emails from Ford)

scheduled to week of 27 sept 

bumped to week of 4 Oct after adding 360 cam package 

scheduled to day 4 Oct 

In production 5 Oct

released to body company 6 Oct

built 11 Oct 

Awaiting shipping 11 Oct 

shipped 12 Oct w/ eta 27 Oct - 2 Nov to dealer in South Jersey. 

any questions on specific items just ask I’ll do my best to help. 

Damn that's a long time from setn to body company to built status. And a long delivery estimate Mine should get started tomorrow then needs to go to the body company. Was Really hoping for beginning of November delivery.  Chomping at the bit here waiting For it 

Gee, after reading the wait some of you people have I don't feel bad.

Ordered 8/4

Confirmation 8/4

F350 Platinum 7.3  with AS 

I truly didn't expect it until at least Thanksgiving but maybe I should hope Valentines day of 2022. 

Hope that AS commodity hold is relieved soon.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:27 PM, PhoenixOdin77 said:

That's true... they don't want garbage posts just to make the quota to use the tracker forum post and they are pretty strict and a bit anal about their rules. So stick to them, once you're able to post he usually only answers once a day and in the morning M-F... whatever you do do send him a Private Massage lol

I didn't haha I read the rules twice. I don't get emails so I'm putting in all the work to track with 0 help from my salesman

Hey guys,

First time.. Long Time.. been lurking in the shadows but now I guess Ill ask the question. Everyones been getting their trucks and im just sitting here refreshing the web browser hoping something moves. My father in law's F250 Lariat sticker shows 9/28- in production 10/8, built 10/8, shipped 10/9. My truck F350 Lariat sticker shows 9/29, showed "in production 10/8 on the tracker,  Actually shows a date on the progress bar of in production 10/11, still nothing today 10/14. I do have an ETA of 11/9 Any ideas?  

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 7.19.47 AM.png

• Like 1

My sales guy and vehicle ordering manager made a comment that it could be Nov next year. But honestly it’s anyone’s guessing game. My brother-in-law is in the chip business and explained to me that when Covid hit the car dealerships stopped ordering chips and companies like his picked up the chip orders for their products (like vacuums) thus taking away inventory from places like Ford to ask for. He said too many products these days are using chip, the same chips needed for vehicles and the manufacturing plants can’t keep up w the volume of orders. They can only produce so much and when other companies like my brother-in-law’s picked up the orders the car companies weren’t asking for, it’s made it more challenging for car companies to get the amount they need. If that makes sense. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danekoors said:

My sales guy and vehicle ordering manager made a comment that it could be Nov next year. But honestly it’s anyone’s guessing game. My brother-in-law is in the chip business and explained to me that when Covid hit the car dealerships stopped ordering chips and companies like his picked up the chip orders for their products (like vacuums) thus taking away inventory from places like Ford to ask for. He said too many products these days are using chip, the same chips needed for vehicles and the manufacturing plants can’t keep up w the volume of orders. They can only produce so much and when other companies like my brother-in-law’s picked up the orders the car companies weren’t asking for, it’s made it more challenging for car companies to get the amount they need. If that makes sense. 

The issue is that the process is so refined to make "chips" of any design that not just any place can manufacture them.  Most are made overseas and we are all aware of the current shipping port issues.

11 minutes ago, ScottK1 said:

My 2022 F350 Tremor with Adaptive Steering was scheduled for production today.  Build date is November 22nd.  I placed the order on March 18th.  At last....

That is a great sign.  For weeks there was no scheduling for Trucks with AS.  I hope this is the light at the end of the tunnel!!

AS must not be a problem any longer!!!!  Got my email from Ford today (dealer emailed literally 2 minutes after I got the one from Ford) saying my build week is 11/22/21 (Thanksgiving week...oh boy).  

F250 Limited, SRW, AS, engine block heater, heavy service front suspension, roof clearance lights, FX4, 3.31 ELA, in Atlas Blue.  Got x-plan pricing, AND got a $3,500 PCO that requires me to take delivery by 1/3/22.

Ordered 6/14/21

Email Confirmation 6/15/21

Notified of build week on 10/14/21 (build week of 11/22/21)

• Like 1