2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

My trucks have arrived!  I'll certainly miss the highs and lows of this forum!  I feel like a lottery winner advising all of you to 'keep playing1!  One day this could be you!

Good luck guys.  Here is a recap of my experience...

Ordered F450 Platinum on May 4, 2021

Ordered F350 Platinum on May 14, 2021

Both almost fully loaded but WITHOUT Adaptive Steering (got lucky on that one; no idea at the time it was a delay causing feature)

Originally scheduled for Sept 13 build.  It was interesting that both vehicles were scheduled for the same day even though they weren't ordered the same day.  Went "In Production' on Sept 25th.

Shipped on Oct 2nd.  Arrived at the dealership on Oct 11th.  Picking them both up today, Oct 14th.

I am keeping the F350 and selling the F450.  Reach out if you're interested in buying the F450.

matthewsmith@3csoftware.com

770-757-2353 cell

Both trucks1.jpg

Both trucks2.jpg

InkedF450 Window Sticker_LI.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, I too have become the obsessed with delivery of my Truck, I just refuse to discuss with my wife as I already know her reaction and comments, but the folks at work have to listen to it :) 

In the Tracker that was provided to me when I placed my order for F350 changed status to "In Production" I have been trying to pull up the window sticker since then, but the message I see is "Please check back later The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle" 

Is this delay normal?  It seemed like others who have this "In Production? message receive their window sticker about the same time.

22 minutes ago, Opa1 said:

Yes, I too have become the obsessed with delivery of my Truck, I just refuse to discuss with my wife as I already know her reaction and comments, but the folks at work have to listen to it :) 

Oh just wait till it says its shipped.  Then you'll be 10x more obsessed. Mine shipped on 9/18, with an ETA of 10/15 to central MI.  I thought sure it would show up long before that since its only a 6 hour drive to KTP.  Now, ETA is 10/18....a full month of shipping. Getting this truck is literally the only thing I can think about, and I'm kinda getting unproductive in my work due to obsessing about it. I literally could have walked to Kentucky by now.  I guess there must be a shipping shortage too....Maybe they are still trying to ship the 2021's from the speedway too

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

No 5th wheel prep on that 450! Yikes

778a includes fifth prep for a 450. Welp. I got his 773a and 778a mixed up. I’ll have to see what the 773a includes. If not fifth prep that would seem strange to not add on especially for resale value in the future if not needed now. 

Edited by DecoSF
Mixed up codes.

The sticker says convoy now, but I think it said something else at first.   My dealer said they all come on a train.  I never had an eta until it shipped on 9/18.  At that time it was 10/9-10/15, Now at the top of the tracker, it says 10/12-10/18.....but the dealer delivery area of the timeline just says TBD now.   I'm a bit past the 6 month mark now since ordering

2 hours ago, desperado said:

AS must not be a problem any longer!!!!  Got my email from Ford today (dealer emailed literally 2 minutes after I got the one from Ford) saying my build week is 11/22/21 (Thanksgiving week...oh boy).  

F250 Limited, SRW, AS, engine block heater, heavy service front suspension, roof clearance lights, FX4, 3.31 ELA, in Atlas Blue.  Got x-plan pricing, AND got a $3,500 PCO that requires me to take delivery by 1/3/22.

Ordered 6/14/21

Hope your right, I ordered my F350 Platinum  with AS on 6/7/21

Edited by yorid
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, GoDucks09 said:

I am in the same boat, truck sent to plant 9/28, built 10/8, release date 10/8 with a delivery Convoy ETA of 10/15-10/21, however still no shipment date. It does have spray in bed liner but so does others from the same week that are showing shipped. Hate to even ask @ice-capades but any thoughts?

Mine has been stuck in Gatyard, IL for the last 7 days.  Does anyone know where Gatyard IL is?  I can't seem to find this yard on the Union Pacific yard map??

2 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

No 5th wheel prep on that 450! Yikes

The 5th wheel prep kit comes standard on 450's - 

Included

The 5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package is standard on all F-450 models. 

Includes:
• Five (5) pickup bed attachment points with plugs
• One (1) frame under-bed cross member
• One (1) integrated 12/7-pin connector on driver's side pickup bed wall

15 minutes ago, ampmal said:

for some reason it does not work.

full order.jpg

I think they changed the tracking page on the Fordtracking website.. I was having trouble a few days ago and finally realized the order number and VIN inputs had flipped with the order number now on top. The email doesn’t populate it correctly anymore. Try copy and pasting the VIN in the lower box and entering your order number in the upper box. Make sure you don’t copy the period after your VIN.

Hey everyone. I placed an order for an F-250 XLT 6.2l gasser at the beginning of the month. I just got my supposed build date (week of November 8). What's everyone's experience with actual build date compared to first provided date?

I'm not in any rush for the truck - as long as it arrives before next camping season I'm good to go.

2 hours ago, 22F350_SRW said:

Mine has been stuck in Gatyard, IL for the last 7 days.  Does anyone know where Gatyard IL is?  I can't seem to find this yard on the Union Pacific yard map??

So if anyone is interested Pacific Union Gatyard, IL is short for Gateway Yard.  Looks to be a transfer facility for most west bound auto transport cars via Union Pacific. 

3 hours ago, yorid said:

Hope your right, I ordered my F350 Platinum  with AS on 6/7/21

Me too.  I think parts are trickling in and they may be able to build a few hundred AS trucks a week.  I think it is the actual steering wheel causing the delay as the KR trucks are still being scheduled.  They have a different color wheel.