2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I'm no expert in automotive production, but it seems like at least ford and probably brands need to greatly simplify their process. I asked my parts department about upgrading my XLT wheel to a leather wrapped one that a lariat would have. He said there were at least 22 different steering wheels he was showing, but that he didn't have access to all of the 2022 parts books yet.  It's really a miracle they can build any trucks these days given the endless different build configurations, the just in time parts deliveries, and the current chaos in global shipping

Ordered my F-350 Platinum with AS ON 4-22-21. Have had numerous build weeks and now it is 12-6-21. SMH. UPDATE: Ordered identical build and dripped AS from different dealer on 9-20-21. It went into production on 10-19-21. Crazy but now its getting fun again. 

Edited by Chris E
Update

3 hours ago, GoDucks09 said:

I am in the same boat, truck sent to plant 9/28, built 10/8, release date 10/8 with a delivery Convoy ETA of 10/15-10/21, however still no shipment date. It does have spray in bed liner but so does others from the same week that are showing shipped. Hate to even ask @ice-capades but any thoughts?

What's the question? 

37 minutes ago, Poppy350 said:

Are the Ford emails for getting schedule dates done for today?

Was really hoping I would here something today but its only been 6 weeks.

Not sure how many F350 DRW are getting dates.

Ordered 8/31 , Confirmed 8/31.Lariat Value, 6.7 , 5th wheel prep. 

I’d say you’re looking at approx 8 weeks to get scheduled.  This is just my interpretation of the tracker spreadsheet.  Obviously some got lucky and had theirs built in in 8 weeks. 

1 hour ago, Poppy350 said:

Are the Ford emails for getting schedule dates done for today?

Was really hoping I would here something today but its only been 6 weeks.

Not sure how many F350 DRW are getting dates.

Ordered 8/31 , Confirmed 8/31.Lariat Value, 6.7 , 5th wheel prep. 

I got mine today, so I guess so.

F250 6.2l XLT supercrew. Ordered 9/27, Confirmed 9/28. First build date received today 10/14 for week of November 8. We'll see if that holds - but I didn't put too many options on the order sheet.

Ordered 8/5, 250 CCSB, Lariat, ultimate and Chrome package ,7.3L, dropped spray in liner and tonneau cover from order on 9/2, Got VIN#. On 9/24, started build 10/8, shipped 10/12, delivered to dealer today 10/14, plan to bring home tomorrow 

20 minutes ago, JZahn said:

Ordered 8/5, 250 CCSB, Lariat, ultimate and Chrome package ,7.3L, dropped spray in liner and tonneau cover from order on 9/2, Got VIN#. On 9/24, started build 10/8, shipped 10/12, delivered to dealer today 10/14, plan to bring home tomorrow 

quick ship!!! what state are you in?!?! congrats hope you bring her home tomorrow

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoDucks09 said:

@Kory04 Was your truck Convoy by chance? My truck is also coming to Michigan but northern Metro Detroit. Super excited about the delivery ETA if it is actually true (10/15-10/21) but I have a hard time believing it is true.

I ordered from a Lansing dealership.  Two trucks that came off the line same time as mine were shipped by truck.  Mine was listed as HOT, so it came by train.  And the Flatrock depot is a freaking mess.  Only reason I got my truck, the delivery truck driver, his first two loads could not be found.  Mine was his 3rd attempt.

44 minutes ago, road turtle said:

I ordered from a Lansing dealership.  Two trucks that came off the line same time as mine were shipped by truck.  Mine was listed as HOT, so it came by train.  And the Flatrock depot is a freaking mess.  Only reason I got my truck, the delivery truck driver, his first two loads could not be found.  Mine was his 3rd attempt.

Guess that must explain why my delivery date keeps getting pushed another day down the road, with each passing day.  Mine was shipped September 18, and and now eta is 10/19. Apparently they lost it

Edited by Kory04

13 minutes ago, GoDucks09 said:

@ice-capades Curious to see if you have any input as to the reason my truck that was built on 10/8 still has not shipped? Many others with bed liners built same week have shipped. Didn’t know if Convoy has anything to do with it? Thanks in advance for any input! 

My F350 Platinum was built 10/5 and Released 10/8... it still has not shipped either... headed to Houston Texas area so I feel your pain

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, GoDucks09 said:

@ice-capades Curious to see if you have any input as to the reason my truck that was built on 10/8 still has not shipped? Many others with bed liners built same week have shipped. Didn’t know if Convoy has anything to do with it? Thanks in advance for any input! 

Too many factors involved including shipping logistics, methods, etc. The vast majority of vehicles get shipped by rail, regardless of "Convoy" notices on Window Stickers. Not all vehicles get shipped immediately due to all the factors involved yet many here at BOF are overly anxious and obsessed with knowing their vehicle status minute by minute. For the actual, latest status... talk to your Dealer regarding the latest Vehicle Visibility status. Otherwise, wait and give the system time to work. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 5:10 AM, H-D FB 103 said:

Received the email last night from Ford, build week pushed out to 11/8 now. So from the 1st build week of 10/18, then the 2nd build week of 10/25 till the 3rd build week of 11/8, that’s 4 weeks added. Starting to think I won’t see it till next year now. 

Just received my Thursday night let down. Now pushed out to the week of 11/22!! Hoping for a better date like others, guess I’m not so lucky.

1 hour ago, GoDucks09 said:

It has a lot to do with logistics.  They aren't going to ship one truck.  They are going to send a full rail car and or train.

• Like 1

Well Gents, I got the Golden Ticket email today.  For those who are interested, here is my timeline:

9/21- Order placed

10/05- dropped all add-ons that were available aftermarket (Bed liner, 5th wheel prep, wheel well liners, mud flaps, extended running boards), because of what I read on this forum.

10/14- received the "Scheduled For Production" email

11/08- scheduled build week

F-250 Lariat, Ultimate Package, FX4 Package, Chrome Package, 20" wheels, Moon roof, Adaptive Cruise, High Capacity Tow Package w/ Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System, 3.55 Electronic Locking Rear Diff, Block heater, Rapid Cabin Heat, Upfitter switches.

I hope the date holds.  Time will tell, I guess.  But I'm feeling pretty good right now!  Or maybe it is the Cap'n and cokes...  

Edited by wrench69

12 minutes ago, gjones1081 said:

at least you have a date.  Many people, myself included, do not.

That’s my 4th scheduled week now.

10/18

10/25

11/8

now 11/22

I’ve asked my salesman about the bedliner and tonneau cover being the reason for this and he said he spoke to the sales manager and they insist that this wouldn’t delay my build. Told him about all the info from this forum and he said it’s all rumors. I think I’m being feed a line of crap by them. I’ve been a loyal customer to this dealership too. Oh yeah when I made this deal I had to trade my 17 F350 in too. This is starting to hurt not having my truck now.

20 minutes ago, H-D FB 103 said:

10/18

10/25

11/8

now 11/22

I’ve asked my salesman about the bedliner and tonneau cover being the reason for this and he said he spoke to the sales manager and they insist that this wouldn’t delay my build. Told him about all the info from this forum and he said it’s all rumors. I think I’m being feed a line of crap by them. I’ve been a loyal customer to this dealership too. Oh yeah when I made this deal I had to trade my 17 F350 in too. This is starting to hurt not having my truck now.

Well technically they are correct. The bed liner and cover are installed after the truck is built. They would add a few days to shipping.   I understand your pain, I also traded mine in the day I ordered. Had to have the dealership Uber me home. 

9 hours ago, H-D FB 103 said:

10/18

10/25

11/8

now 11/22

My sales manager told me the same thing when I told him what I have been reading on here, it's all rumors and that you can't believe everything you read. They told me 3 months from the time I ordered to getting the truck, it's been 2 months and have not heard anything at all. I ordered on 8/24. 

I take delivery of my 2022 F-250 Lariat 6.7, crewcab today at 2:00, it's 1 day short of 6 months,  ordered 4-16-21  today 10-15-21,,, it's been a long wait, but worth it...to those who are waiting, good luck, the last 3 weeks have been the worst, LOL, you will probably stress out your wives, girlfriends,  and Friends, my best advice, is listen to ice-capades, so I would like to Thank him ! I never asked him a question,  BUT read everything he posted, so my time here is pretty much done,  GOOD LUCK to all !!!

Edited by khansen
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, desperado said:

Guess I'm very fortunate after reading some of the latest comments here.  I got a my first build week yesterday morning of 11/22/21.  Last night it was updated to the week of 11/8/21!  F-250 SRW Limited with AS ordered 6/14.

Lucky you!

Looks like at least a few with AS are now being scheduled.

Maybe I'll get mine before Valentines Day after all.

• Like 1