2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

7 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

And now it’s just getting into the strange zone. It’s just a truck. What’s the threat Jonel? I better not say what I say or what? You will buy a Chevy? Or are you actually threatening me. Get a life weirdo. I hope you are trolling or you need some meds bro. 

It appears (JONEL) has left the building as I dont see his posts like i did last night,, or is TruckBuilderBob now him? Can you change your name on here? 

Edited by OREGUNFIRE

I am also new to the waiting game on 10/15 I got my order conformation back for my F-350 Dully XLT I got it with the 7.3 with the 4.30 rear end. Going to use it to pull my fifth wheel. 16,000 lbs everything I have read or seen on youtube says I should have no problem.  Any thoughts.  Thanks

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 5:04 PM, TruckBuilderBob said:

This is exactly what happened to me Baddestt.   

my order on 09/23/2021 through dealer and was confirmed by Ford

Sent to Production on 10/20

access to my window sticker on 10/21

my special order is a blue window  sticker.  I makes you pretty sad, suspicious and a bit worried99A288C0-210A-47D8-90C8-24D9318B848D.thumb.jpeg.1a1a745417472b0b0b82c3c93cdef895.jpeg

I ordered 8-31, confirmed same day. Nothing but crickets since. No AS or bedliner. That makes me worried. I feel bad for the guys that ordered early and still have nothing. 

Edited by mbushardjr

9 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

And now it’s just getting into the strange zone. It’s just a truck. What’s the threat Jonel? I better not say what I say or what? You will buy a Chevy? Or are you actually threatening me. Get a life weirdo. I hope you are trolling or you need some meds bro. 

Knock it off.

On 10/22/2021 at 9:19 PM, TruckBuilderBob said:

Has anyone ever had there Order disappear and show back up a couple days after. 

probably the Internet

Yes, everything disappeared for my order and then showed back up several days later. It moved to a week later for scheduling. Now scheduled for 10/25 - F450 Platinum - bed liner, sunroof, and AS.

1 hour ago, heavyd said:

My truck will be dropped off by rail about an hour away from my dealer on 10/26. Estimated dealer delivery is between 11/3 and 11/9. The anticipation is killing me.

I hope the bed liner, tonneau cover, and winch were already installed.

The winch is always dealer installed.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 8:03 PM, Frog_Legs said:

FWIW, The equipment I use every day is made right here at home. And just like everyone else we are still facing supply chain issues. Some of the internal components are made by other manufacturers/suppliers and they have their own challenges to overcome,  And so on…. Whether steel, plastics, precursors for other processes, labor shortage or whatever, everyone is doing the best they can in a difficult time. 

This won’t be over soon and about all any of us can do is grit our teeth and keep on making the best of what we do have. 

Now, it’s time to get back to speculating on our delivery dates.  ?

Good luck, I ordered a 450 Lariat on 9/20 and am waiting for a sent to plant date. I check the weekly Ford scheduling notes repeatedly daily M-Th for any updates from @ice-capades about SD scheduling/commodity shortages. My hope is that it is delivered before our new RV (currently projected for Feb-Mar delivery).

The F550 Lariat we ordered back in April has finally arrived at the dealer.  Unfortunately they made a mistake in the order and it has the standard non-limited slip axle rather than the limited slip we ordered.  The dealer claims they can order parts and convert it to limited slip but that the parts are backordered.  We will be installing a flatbed and use the truck primarily for carrying a truck camper and we do sometime travel on snow, ice, gravel or mud.  Does anyone have experience with converting to limited slip after the fact?  We have waited so long for the truck to come in but are wondering if we would be better off starting over again.

• Like 1

If they are ordering the parts from Ford, there is the possibility of the parts being on back order, however since it likely has the Dana S 110 rear axle, they could order the parts direct from DanaSpicer....upgrading to a limited slip rear diff is easy and should be done in a day or less.

https://spicerparts.com/parts/axle/commercial/commercial-vehicle-differentials-for-medium-duty-axles

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 2:08 PM, ardvark666 said:

Add me to the list of forgotten builds by Ford

no email today. Nada. Dealer still says that they can’t change my order too. 

My dealer told me the same thing. I had a vin for a Platinum with AS ordered in March. Asked in July to cancel the AS. They said that was impossible since I had a vin. Well come to find out it isn't impossible. They dropped AS off mine and got me built on the 8th. In transit now. Keep at them. Everything can be changed.

2 hours ago, FathomBlueSS said:

How did you get priority 02?  Did you have to initiate or does it happen naturally?

Its done by regional managers, and ive never heard of someone successfully requesting it. It really depends on your dealership and regional managers policy, mine was bumped to a 01 without me asking because it had been sitting in the order bank for 5 months with no action. I spoke to my salesman regularly and was a bit of a squeaky wheel(but never asked for a priority bump), not sure if that made any difference in that outcome. My truck was scheduled 2.5 weeks later.

Edited by mattdm

13 hours ago, Poppy350 said:

Anyone order a 22MY SD around the Birmingham, AL area in August or September and have no VIN or build week?

Where did you order yours?  I ordered mine May 17 from Long Lewis, scheduled/got WS, VIN Aug 12, built 9/1, shipped 9/4, picked up at dealer 9/14. Hope some of that helps.

1 hour ago, Jeff T said:

Where did you order yours?  I ordered mine May 17 from Long Lewis, scheduled/got WS, VIN Aug 12, built 9/1, shipped 9/4, picked up at dealer 9/14. Hope some of that helps.

Same place as you  Long Lewis. Just was trying to see if anyone else has ordered from the area about the same time as me and still waiting on a VIN. 

• Like 1