2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

19 minutes ago, JC2014 said:

Ten minutes after my last post I got the E-mail its scheduled for the week of 11-29  YEA

Congratulations. 

What options did you have?  I ordered mine two weeks before you (9/4 vs 10/15), and it's still crickets for me.

A lot of people have it much worse, but I feel like I might be joining their ranks if I don't hear something soon?

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

You shouldn't have to sign a new Buyer's Order and the Dealer shouldn't have to do anything additional with the COVP program. What you should do is have the Dealer send you a new copy of the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) display showing the updated vehicle specifications so that you can verify that it's correct.  

Uggh. Salesman called today and it got confusing. He tells me I have to come in and sign a new purchase agreement. I asked if this would change my order or be new and he said it is new but I won’t lose my place. What is going on here? Ford says my order is in. This is confusing. I understand that I am signing a form that what I am ordering is to my specs but really. Can’t you just amend it and send me the email? I have to go in?

36 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

Uggh. Salesman called today and it got confusing. He tells me I have to come in and sign a new purchase agreement. I asked if this would change my order or be new and he said it is new but I won’t lose my place. What is going on here? Ford says my order is in. This is confusing. I understand that I am signing a form that what I am ordering is to my specs but really. Can’t you just amend it and send me the email? I have to go in?

I changed my order a month after placing it (changed 2wd to 4wd) and I did have to sign a new order document which also changed my order date. But the dealer was able to send the doc over email which I then signed, scanned and emailed back. So I don't see why you should have to go into the dealership in person to make the change.

Edited by jjordan3

I was told if I remove my black out package then I'd have to sign a new order. I'd assume it's the dollar amount. I added rain sensor wipers too and I didn't have to sign anything. 

I still don't have a schedule date because my "spray in bedliner" according to my salesman. 

On 10/26/2021 at 7:43 PM, H-D FB 103 said:

When did you order? I also have a 350 KR DRW on order.

Placed 8/16

Confirmed 8/17

1st build Week 10/18

2nd build Week 10/25

3rd build Week 11/8

4th build Week 11/22

I feel your pain brother, hang in there. 

Ordered 7/13 priority 10

On 9/16/2021 at 10:58 AM, CCS103 said:

Well... I received the notice for scheduled production.

07-03-21 - Ordered at dealership. Platinum F350 Fully Loaded with Adaptive Steering and 5th Wheel Package

07-13-21 - Order confirmed by Ford

08-20-21 - Changed from Platinum to comparably equipped King Ranch including Adaptive Steering and 5th Wheel Package ( This was done due to production info posted here.)

09-16-21 - Production scheduled for 10-11-21

Delivery TBD

Update: 

Estimated delivery 11-7 to 11-13.

While production was scheduled for 10-15 it wasn't actually reported as built until 10-16.

10-17 Waiting for shipping 

10-20 Shipped to Butte MT 

10-25 Received the rail car info and tracked the car to the north side of Minneapolis. 

10-28 The car left Aberdeen SD

At this rate there is a pretty good chance of delivery a week early. 

Edited by CCS103
Corrected grammar

i ordered my 2022 F450 in march, three days after the order bank opened up.  it of course got a priority of 19 like everyone else.   I have heard absolutely zero since then.  My dealer finally said they changed the priority somehow to 2 two weeks ago.   Still no scheduling date.   My buddy who ordered a 2022 F350 in may took delivery in September.   Now I see a lot of 2022 F450's being ordered by dealers with the order type 2.  They have been assigned a VIN and scheduled.  Ford supposedly said they were going to fill customer orders before they take orders from dealers.  Is there anything that I, or my dealer, or anyone can do to get my truck scheduled?  or at the very least find out why it has not yet been?  I even removed the adaptive steering a couple of months ago since that was a hold up for a while.  any help would be appreciated. 

7 hours ago, Gadgetwiz said:

Congratulations. 

What options did you have?  I ordered mine two weeks before you (9/4 vs 10/15), and it's still crickets for me.

A lot of people have it much worse, but I feel like I might be joining their ranks if I don't hear something soon?

Mine was a 350 XLT DRW.  Nothing special xlt premium package,fifth wheel prep.32,500 hitch,ultimate tow package,power rear window,console front seat,trailer cam,Nav system,7.3 430 gear

2 hours ago, nachisunshine said:

i ordered my 2022 F450 in march, three days after the order bank opened up.  it of course got a priority of 19 like everyone else.   I have heard absolutely zero since then.  My dealer finally said they changed the priority somehow to 2 two weeks ago.   Still no scheduling date.   My buddy who ordered a 2022 F350 in may took delivery in September.   Now I see a lot of 2022 F450's being ordered by dealers with the order type 2.  They have been assigned a VIN and scheduled.  Ford supposedly said they were going to fill customer orders before they take orders from dealers.  Is there anything that I, or my dealer, or anyone can do to get my truck scheduled?  or at the very least find out why it has not yet been?  I even removed the adaptive steering a couple of months ago since that was a hold up for a while.  any help would be appreciated. 

I’m following this as I’m in the same boat you are. I’m to the point where I am getting a little irritated. My dealer knows nothing and his Ford reps seem to know even less.

15 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

I just went through all the COVP resources and can't find anything related to requirements for retail orders that have specification changes. There's information for Dealers needing to convert 2021MY orders to 2022MY orders and the update process but nothing about changes to existing, unscheduled orders. Leave it to someone at Ford to make the process as involved and time consuming as possible to protect their job security! I would talk to the Sales Manager directly as many or most Sales Representatives have little knowledge of the retail order requirements, processes, etc.  

Below here is my updated timeline.

F450 Platinum with 98.6% of all options, Antimatter Blue Metallic. (Retractable tonneau cover, 5th wheel/gooseneck, spray-in bedliner) 

• Ordered Confirmed: 20 April 2021.
  • 1st Email: 16 June 2021 when dealer added my email address to the order it generated a response email immediately. 
  • Order Adjustment: 16 August 2021, removed Adaptive Steering.
  • Scheduled Week Email: 16 September 2021, received email from Ford, build week is 25 October 2021.
  • Scheduled Week Adjustment: 30 September 2021, received email from Ford moving build week to 1 November 2021. 
  • notified by dealer 21 October 2021 that the truck has a build day now.
  • dealer notification that truck is sent to plant 29 October 2021. 
  • In Production: 5 November 2021.
  • Built: N/A
  • Shipped: N/A
  • Delivery Date: N/A

192 days as 29 Oct 2021

40 minutes ago, ikre8kos4u said:

Below here is my updated timeline.

F450 Platinum with 98.6% of all options, Antimatter Blue Metallic. (Retractable tonneau cover, 5th wheel/gooseneck, spray-in bedliner) 

• 1st Email: 16 June 2021 when dealer added my email address to the order it generated a response email immediately. 
  • Scheduled Week Email: 16 September 2021, received email from Ford, build week is 25 October 2021.
  • Scheduled Week Adjustment: 30 September 2021, received email from Ford moving build week to 1 November 2021. 

192 days as 29 Oct 2021

Atleast you have a build date we are a day apart on order  dates ours is April 19th  and still no build date f450 drw xlt 5th wheel prep pack spray in bed liner

54 minutes ago, mikejones202 said:

Anyone else having issues with their truck sitting at the rail yard? Mine showed up to the rail yard Sunday and hasn't moved. My dealer is about 65 miles away from the rail yard....I guess it's like everything else going on and not enough drivers? 

My '17 sat there for 2 weeks.  My dealer is about a 2 hour drive away from the rail yard.  It sucks, but it is what it is.

Updated timeline showing days from order and when job #1 started. Need to be fair for actual production days, I know there was also some plant shut downs that I don’t recall when exactly they were that would decrease by about 7-14 days.

Since order 20 Apr 2021: 192 days as 29 Oct 2021

Since job #1 start on 10 July 2021: 118 days as of 29 Oct 2021

Edited by ikre8kos4u
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Browneyes033 said:

Atleast you have a build date we are a day apart on order  dates ours is April 19th  and still no build date f450 drw xlt 5th wheel prep pack spray in bed liner

Get with your dealership and ask them to get their regional sales rep to change your priority code. I am sure you have a high priority number which is the reason for not being scheduled unless you have some commodity shortages that are holding yours up. I dropped AS and a month later or so I got the email from ford with my VIN and a production week.

I feel very bad for y'all without build dates and have been waiting so long that I feel bad worried about my order.  From what I have read I am very lucky ordered in September build day was October 25.  But am getting a bit concerned as mine is still not been released while others that were built after mine with the same basic options (in fact I have less options than many trucks passing me by) that seem to hold up the process (spray in Bed liner and 5th wheel), what worries me is if you look at some trucks on the spreadsheet still showing in production weeks after their build date. 

Does anyone know what Ford is doing with these trucks?   I half way joke around work that Ford has lost my truck.  But in reality with all the things I read about this process with Ford, it is really only a half joke, the other half is a bit concerning.